As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maintain a one foot distance from each other and communicate solely via uther [CHAT]

1919293949597»

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Having to do stuff

Would not recommend

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    My neighbor is shambling around and coughing a lot. R E M A I N I N D O O R S

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    My neighbor is shambling around and coughing a lot. R E M A I N I N D O O R S

When the time comes, remember that you must destroy the brain

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i am confused what is so far left outside of support for existing nationalized healthcare programs, which democrats would support if they existed but they don't so

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Goddammit. There are way too many women with terrible political views on dating apps. This is a part of gentrification nobody talks about.
    You could always be a respectfully horny DSA guy

I basically am.

But the dating apps are full of "moderate" women.

Somebody old enough for me to date living in Seattle in 2020 and considering themselves a moderate is going to be infuriating to be around.

I've started using Hinge, which is very USA-centric. Political settings range from "liberal" to "conservative", which in Euro terms is "right" or "more right" because oh boy, that American Overton window.

People always say this and it continues to be silly and untrue
    I think people say it because it's true.

Naw, once the Overton window is invoked it becomes kinda bullshit.

It turns out the US is in favor of a lot of liberal policies!

The problem is the representation generally either doesn't follow through or follows through with action incredibly late after being dragged there kicking and screaming.

And in very recent history is stonewalled procedurally by utter bullshit.

• Options
    Shit, I politicsed in chat.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Goddammit. There are way too many women with terrible political views on dating apps. This is a part of gentrification nobody talks about.

I basically am.

Somebody old enough for me to date living in Seattle in 2020 and considering themselves a moderate is going to be infuriating to be around.

I've started using Hinge, which is very USA-centric. Political settings range from "liberal" to "conservative", which in Euro terms is "right" or "more right" because oh boy, that American Overton window.

Bernie Sanders is a major mainstream candidate in the last two election cycles and you're telling me that in glorious liberal Europe he's a righty?

And sure you can say, "but universal healthcare..." to which I would respond with Brexit and lack of birthright citizenship and no comparable law to the first amendment, etc etc.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Neighbor is now sorting glass in the lobby. Loudly. I'm not gonna make it two weeks. Or he isn't going to make it two weeks.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Shit, I politicsed in chat.

We learned it by watching you

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The Bourbon biscuits in my cupboard, which I don't remember buying because I don't eat biscuits, are still edible

I have proved this by eating six of them in the last five minutes

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    This thread must be purged

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah Echo will be punished in the mod forum away from prying eyes, and this nascent political discussion will be smothered with a friendly pillow.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    This thread must be purged

As must all things in this time of disease

• Options
    nooo not the comfy chair

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Here is a fond memory of the before times, when people could go about their business outside, with abandon

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Mod on mod crime

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Could we please not

I basically am.

Bernie Sanders is a major mainstream candidate in the last two election cycles and you're telling me that in glorious liberal Europe he's a righty?

And sure you can say, "but universal healthcare..." to which I would respond with Brexit and lack of birthright citizenship and no comparable law to the first amendment, etc etc.

Also the existence of a written constitution and we don't have to check with a hereditary monarch for every little thing

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 0.9

@Echo will create the new thread
    @Echo is backup

• Options
    this is my punishment

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Also the existence of a written constitution and we don't have to check with a hereditary monarch for every little thing

These things are, respectively, a) not inherently left wing and b) not really true.

• Options
    Being a mod means you get to break your own rules and have the last word.

This discussion has been closed.