As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megagame] Tis' Better to Rule in Hell - Final: Hail Mammon and their FWB Asmodeus

1262728293032»

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    (were there even any bid ties?)

Several.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

Several.

From people who had not overbid any, or..

• Options
    Matev wrote: »

Several.

From people who had not overbid any, or..

Oh no, there were several hotly contested items with strong bids. Which ones specifically elude me at the moment, but there were absolutely bidding wars Regency resolved.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Also.. Greed 5 should absolutely be 'Pay the Piper' and Envy 3 can find another name for itself :P

• Options
    Yes, but the Legions dance to their tune, not yours.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I still think that the Devourer shouldn't be able to be bribed. It is pretty underwhelming compared to the other level 5's as it is.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I still think that the Devourer shouldn't be able to be bribed. It is pretty underwhelming compared to the other level 5's as it is.

(Aside Envy's. Envy's level 5 still stinks IMO)

• Options
    Considering you were the only house that bothered with your level 5, I would contest that

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Looking at the level 5s for the not-Pride trees:
    1. Wrath - Very useful, always playable. May cause people to Excommunicate around it or get Wrath Excommunicated for it. But chances are, you're gonna kill someone with it.
    2. Sloth - Seems to be always useful, and geared towards the rest of Sloth's tree. Still not sure how Sloth manages to get territory or PoPs without moving, or defend, but I think that may be more of a problem with the rest of the tree, rather than the level 5, if it is a problem.
    3. Gluttony - Always useful, but not necessarily powerful.
    4. Greed/Lust - Severe cost, only useful in specific circumstances. Not sure when Lust's extra turn would be more useful than 2 Legions.. does this include resource collection? Greed's power is only great 1v1, otherwise the randomness prevents any considered use. I mean, you could try extorting the entire table for less than the 10 resource/player that you would wreak, but that doesn't seem like a good idea...
    5. Envy - Would never take. Only seems useful to pull down a leader rather than actually benefitting your faction.

• Options
    Sloth’s strat is to gobble up territory early and sit on it, chucking insults and daring opponents to come at them.

Lust’s power has potential for terrifying results considering it’s a turn between turns. Expensive, but 8-10 extra actions should be (if you wanted to get extra resources from Fatal Attraction, it would be via demands/stealing.

Greed is an edge case, but has applications for crushing an upstart rival or upsetting board economy. Burning 40 resources off the board and blanking an opponent’s turn is pretty cold.

Envy is an emergency button/chaos generator. You can give yourself a quick 30 point or more bump if your game’s rotten, or Tower of Hanoi everyone’s objectives to screw up their strategies.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    If anyone is still interested in some Solium Infernums we're getting together a game in CF to pass the quarantine:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/235501/social-isolation-solium-infernum-time

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

The constant temptation

• Options
    Funny enough, I'm currently in the process of organizing a PBP of Aegon's Conquest, a Game of Thrones megagame made by some friends with similar mechanics. (And no team traitors) If that might whet the appetite, hit me up.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Organizing meaning to play here?

Also, are you asking for co-hosting help?

• Options
    Actually, I created a proboard just to run it on because I have some players not from PA waiting in the wings. That said, if folx are interested, I could just put it up here, see about importing the players (Looks like about a half dozen or so so far) and just run it like Tis Better.

I don't necessarily need co-hosting help, but it would be nice to have some of the cognitive (and logisitical) load taken off.

Hail Hydra