As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Marathon wrote: »
    Tampa doesn’t exactly strike me as a team that’s only a good QB away from being a contender.

Get that money though Tom

They actually might be

The defense was good if you controlled for opponent field position

Captain Inertia on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah they have a pretty good defense (we'll see if it stays that way) and 3 really good weapons on offense. They also have Bruce Arians who you'd think would want a different kind of QB, but is good enough he should be able to mold the offense. No idea how their O-line is, but they also play in a division with the Panthers (rebuilding), Falcons (up and down), and the Saint (team to beat).

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah they have a pretty good defense (we'll see if it stays that way) and 3 really good weapons on offense. They also have Bruce Arians who you'd think would want a different kind of QB, but is good enough he should be able to mold the offense. No idea how their O-line is, but they also play in a division with the Panthers (rebuilding), Falcons (up and down), and the Saint (team to beat).
    That would be a story line - Brady v Brees in the same division chasing the TD record.

If they can protect him (Jameis was sacked so much), even a diminished Brady should be able to throw a fucking lot of TDs with those receivers

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    eh, it's breaking news in sports.

As noted on Highly Questionable Quarantined, with the combination of lack of sporting results and the profile of Brady, no one's even dunking on O'Brien's boneheaded trade except in passing.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sig.gif
  • NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    As a Texans fan.....

WTF?!?!?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Don't worry, they can get good talent to fill in!

What's that? Texans signed Randall Cobb for 3Y/$27M? $18.5 guaranteed?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You ask for miracles, Theo?

I give you the Houston Texans.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    laserface never gets any love

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    You ask for miracles, Theo?

I give you the Houston Texans.

"I'm Coach O'Brien. That's GM O'Brien, no relation."

Yeah I'd like to see the vegas over/under of BOB getting fired this season. Unless the Texans saw something we didn't and Hopkins was slowing down or something. Even then, DJ is going to need to be a pro bowl RB to make this trade not seem terrible. If you're going to trade your best and possible only good WR (since fuller is almost always injured), at least get one of the best O-line tackles in the game or something that'll help Deshaun have more time in the pocket.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    From Scott Lemieux of LGM:
    The fact that O'Brien spent an entire offsason watching DeShaun Watson and Tom Savage and thought Savage was better is pretty much all you need to know about whether he should be in charge of personnel for anything above a Pop Warner team.

Yeah I'd like to see the vegas over/under of BOB getting fired this season. Unless the Texans saw something we didn't and Hopkins was slowing down or something. Even then, DJ is going to need to be a pro bowl RB to make this trade not seem terrible. If you're going to trade your best and possible only good WR (since fuller is almost always injured), at least get one of the best O-line tackles in the game or something that'll help Deshaun have more time in the pocket.

David Johnson has either been “a guy” or injured for more than 80% of his career. We know who he is, and that ridic fantasy season was the aberration.

BoB’s only saving grace is I don’t know if the Texans ownership is involved in anything.

It appears BoB made a comparison between Hopkins and Aaron Hernandez.

Nick Foles traded to Chicago.

i for one am excited for future superbowl champion, new england patriot cam newton

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i for one am excited for future superbowl champion, new england patriot cam newton

Tawmy instantly demoted to system quarterback, Montana reinstalled as undisputed GOAT

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Tom Brady is going to lose his face to the flesh-eating bacteria

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Nick Foles traded to Chicago.

I was hoping for Keenum. That contract isn't pretty, even restructured.

Flacco released.

"Report: Redskins could pursue Jameis Winston to back-up Dwayne Haskins"
    - NBCSRedskins is the NBC Sports Redskins beat.

Yeah..... I need this to happen. With the Patriots blowing themselves up, and with the Cowboys McCarthyized, the Redskins going this route would just be amazing.

Eli -> retired
    Brady -> Bucs
    Rivers -> Colts
    Mariota -> Raiders
    Jameis -> Washington
    Bridgewater -> Panthers
    Foles -> Bears
    Keenum -> Browns
    Flacco -> XFL

?s remaining
    Cam
    Carr (?)
    Dalton
    Trubisky

Wild!!

Both lists in order of eliteness

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    I am so confused about Cam, is he just fully broken?

Wait

Has anyone mentioned that Brady is really bad playing in Florida

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Wait

Has anyone mentioned that Brady is really bad playing in Florida

Why is that? I thought he never gets sunburned

edited March 2020
    erm rams lol
    come to the niners todd

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Thought this was a pretty good read on the Brady patriots break up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936050/the-story-split-tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    It has some interesting information, but way too heavy on the romanticism and hero-worship for my tastes.

Also this:
    But there was a sincerity and purity -- a sincere purity -- to it.
    What the hell, sportswriter, are you getting paid by the word? This seems like the kind of thing Tycho would write as a joke.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There was one point where it sounded like Kraft dumping Antonio Brown for the rape charges was a dealbreaker for Brady but then the article moved on to blaming Belichick.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    ESPN sucking Brady off?

That's unpossible!

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ESPN sucking Brady off?

That's unpossible!

This proud, handsome warrior-general's diminished spirit and inability to continue to serve the malignant hoodie-covered lich king of New England diminishes us all. What was once a celebrated pairing without equal in the competitive field has dissolved into a cacophony of dissaray.

Truly, those among us who bask in the radiant reflection of Brady's greatness fear that this will prove to be only a disastrous coda to a career wreathed in glory and borne high upon the laurels of competition, a modern-day analog to the slave whispering "remember, thou art mortal" to the victorious consuls of ancient Rome.

See, it's not that hard.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

ESPN sucking Brady off?

That's unpossible!

Will be interesting if (and given the trajectory, more when) the NFL season is cancelled, how they'll narrate this.

Brady is past the age that any season of rest is likely not going to be sufficient to counteract the body breakdown of aging. So, would he even be willing to go into the 2021 season?

If he isn't, will they just ignore that he signed with another team, or will they push the narrative that he only ever played on the Patriots, and essentially annul this part of his career?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Thought this was a pretty good read on the Brady patriots break up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936050/the-story-split-tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots

I couldn't even get past the second paragraph.

Jesus-tap-dancing-christ I'm not sure I've ever read an article where the author's mouth was that firmly attached to the genitals of the articles subject.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I dunno, I enjoyed reading it on the toilet.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Well obviously. There's a toilet paper shortage.
    YES I KNOW HE ALMOST CERTAINLY READ IT ON HIS PHONE NOT IN A MAGAZINE OR NEWSPAPER LET ME HAVE THIS ONE

Shadowen on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

this motherfu

This discussion has been closed.