As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So Animal Crossing merch eh, there's not a ton? Well usually anyways, when a new game comes out there's a lot more! There's the stuff you can get at Nintendo Store Japan (which I grabbed a few items of). But what about collecting?

Enter the Furuta Choco Egg. These have been around a while, basically a Kinder egg or a Wonderball for us Americans, they of course did an Animal Crossing set with different villager toys inside the eggs. The toys themselves are going for about 5-10 bucks loose depending on the character (the two rare figures being the player villagers). These are notoriously difficult to find online unopened, a quick peek at eBay has them listed individually for 40 bucks a pop (holy jeeze) when they retail for 2 dollars.

Well who happens to be in Japan at this very second? Me! It's my last night in Japan, and rather than partying or finding last minute gifts, I just walked around for an hour hunting these little gold eggies. And after all that searching I found... 6! Six of them out of 10+ stores. They aren't in convenient stores it seems, so only grocery's seem to have them. When I found the ones I did I audibly gasped and grabbed them all like a crazy person stocking TP.

I could easily flip this babies, but tbh the nerd in me knows I'm just gonna open them when I get home and keep them as a memento of my second ever trip to Japan. Thought I'd share here, and if people want to know what I pull I can make a video of opening them later!

Local H Jay on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have the Nintendo club animal crossing hand fans
    cj6r0fwh8hdu.png
    vj6z60cfbxak.png
    I have planned to build a box to display them since like many fans they are fragile.

The way you said it I thought the Furuta Choco Egg figures were the whole set of animals from AC as I know people have their fav over others but it's only 10

Those fans are super cool

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    None of these companies are suddenly going to let digital releases get ahead of retail.

European stores already broke street date. All the Target-mart-stop-buys have them in their store rooms. They could 100% get an email that says “eh, put ‘em on the shelves and call in preorder folk”

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    None of these companies are suddenly going to let digital releases get ahead of retail.

European stores already broke street date. All the Target-mart-stop-buys have them in their store rooms. They could 100% get an email that says “eh, put ‘em on the shelves and call in preorder folk”
    As of one hour ago, Nintendo's twitter is still continuing their daily countdown and saying two days to go, so unless it's gonna be a Big Surprise I think we'll have to wait.

And I mean, it's been months and months... two more days is easy..... we can make it......

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The “day 1” update is actually going to be available tomorrow at 6pm PST, for those who have it preloaded.

Is this an indication that big N might actually release early because we all need it so bad? My fingers are crossed, even if it’s a long shot.

Some European stores were breaking the street date, US places are canceling the midnight launches, and the Nintendo stores themselves are closed.

Chant with me: EARLY LAUNCH EARLY LAUNCH EARLY LAUNCH
    The patch is available early to reduce the load on the e-shop on release day, midnight launch events are canceled because of the pandemic, and random stores break street dates all the time. There's almost no chance of an early release, unfortunately.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Welp...my path to AC is out the window because of the virus. I was going to bring a bunch of used music CDs to my local Bullmoose store for credit like I did to aquire Luigi's Mansion3, but they're shuddered for two weeks. I hope they hit their reopen date so I can get AC without depleting my bank account, I'm low on bells.

Wyvern wrote: »
    The “day 1” update is actually going to be available tomorrow at 6pm PST, for those who have it preloaded.

Is this an indication that big N might actually release early because we all need it so bad? My fingers are crossed, even if it’s a long shot.

Some European stores were breaking the street date, US places are canceling the midnight launches, and the Nintendo stores themselves are closed.

Chant with me: EARLY LAUNCH EARLY LAUNCH EARLY LAUNCH
    The patch is available early to reduce the load on the e-shop on release day, midnight launch events are canceled because of the pandemic, and random stores break street dates all the time. There's almost no chance of an early release, unfortunately.

Oh I realize all that. I can still hope tho.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    two more days is easy...

where is the disagree button?

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    This weekend. LadyJubs and I. All this weekend.

WHAT

DOOM ETERNAL GETS TO COME OUT A DAY EARLY.

ANIMAL CROSSING ON SCHEDULE.

COULD THERE BE A GOD THAT WOULD LET THIS HAPPEN?!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    judging by the rest of this year

yes

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Look what just showed up! :surprised:
    ljkqasnop059.jpg

But I'm working from home and keeping my 2 kids occupied since their daycare is closed, and that combination is a total shitshow right now :bigfrown:

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I bought two copies of this, one for myself and one for family. The digital copy obviously no problem, but ordered a physical copy and just was told by Amazon that it will be a week late. Woof.

What is this I don't even.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeahhhh Amazon finally pushed back my Animal Crossing order to Tuesday. I ordered Doom so it's not a big deal, I can stall until Tuesday. Amazon also sent me a promotion for $15 Amazon credit if I upload a picture to Amazon Photos so yeah fine if you want to pay me $15 for a couple of cat photos that's fine with me. I'll hopefully get to apply it to Animal Crossing before it ships.

I was gonna go digital anyways, but it sucks for folks who preordered for a specific incentive

The Mantiz wrote: »
    Look what just showed up! :surprised:
    ljkqasnop059.jpg

But I'm working from home and keeping my 2 kids occupied since their daycare is closed, and that combination is a total shitshow right now :bigfrown:

Uh... entertain kids by letting them watch/play Animal Crossing. EZ

If anyone needs an island name, I found this cute generator:

https://acnh-namegen.herokuapp.com/

I opened those surprise eggs!
    https://youtu.be/brNO3WLtc28

I don't think this is gonna convince anyone who's on the fence but it was a nice couple of minutes.

https://youtu.be/BtLIoCW25_U

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    @Sterica Do you want to put these at the top of the OP?

Friend Info Submission Form

Friend Info List

MhCw7nZ.gif
    My order page went from 'delayed', to 'arriving tomorrow'(but no tracking), but with a second e-mail notification that my order may be delayed until 'whenever' - so who knows what the deal is now. They sure did charge my card for it now though, so I'm gonna do some complaining if I don't actually get it tomorrow. (maybe I can get some store credit out of it at least)

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Midnight, time to start playing!

Wonder which villagers I'm gonna get. In New Leaf, I ended up with a pretty decent bunch, all things considered..except for that fucking kangeroo lady that never moved out despite my best efforts to harass her.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My niece has decided: tomorrow we arrive on the island of Present.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    My Amazon order went from delivery on the 23rd this morning to shipped and arriving tomorrow this evening. So...maybe?

Well, my first two neighbors are...Sprocket and Rocket.

Can't wait to meet Docket and Socket next.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Super hyped for this. Preloaded and ready to go. I get physical copies probably 99% of the time if possible, but I always felt like a game like AC made so much more sense as a digital title. I'm likely to put hundreds of hours into this, so I don't want to bother with a game card like I do with other games that I beat and move on with.

Steam: offday
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I want to play...

What is this I don't even.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    2 hours and change

I'm looking forward to my first AC game since the original

Darkewolfe wrote: »

I want to play...

I should've taken tomorrow off*. The temptation to stay up after midnight to get started is terrible.

*I'm "essential" so no WFH for me...

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I want to play...

I should've taken tomorrow off*. The temptation to stay up after midnight to get started is terrible.

*I'm "essential" so no WFH for me...

WFH here, but it's a metric fuckton of ugly, monotonous, but ultimately essential and foundational work to be done.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Is this going to unlock at 12 Eastern in the states or some time in the middle of the afternoon tomorrow?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Played for about 2 hours and paid off my initial loan. Good thing that my house is being built now cause I desperately need the storage space already.

Another thing I desperately need: bridges, since I can't access half of my island right now (which might be intentional, or just a quirk of the layout I chose).

Played for about 2 hours and paid off my initial loan. Good thing that my house is being built now cause I desperately need the storage space already.

Another thing I desperately need: bridges, since I can't access half of my island right now (which might be intentional, or just a quirk of the layout I chose).

I've heard the islands were purposely made to be discovered as time went on and not access immediately.

Is this going to unlock at 12 Eastern in the states or some time in the middle of the afternoon tomorrow?

12 AM EST, from what I understand.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I’m kind of glad I’m working tonight. I’ll get home and my digital copy of Animal Crossing will be waiting. If I wasn’t busy at work I’d be counting the minutes.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Got this despite feeling there is a 75% chance I'll not like it. Probably feel less bamboozled than buying Pokeman for the first time though. We shall see.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    AC Devs: "Tom Nook is misunderstood!"

New Horizons Tom Nook: Pounces company store debt on you and has you pay it off in scrip "Nook Miles"

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Tom nook gives you a chartered flight to a private island where you can live with your basic needs covered and you can pay him back by being nice to your neighbors

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
This discussion has been closed.