As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    These Nooks seem shady as hell: supposedly have a bespoke island experience yet you seem to figure all that out when you arrive. . . and when you get to the island they hit you with an undisclosed fee? At least these raccoons are trapped with you.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Think I'm gonna call my island Outset, from the lovely place in Wind Waker.

Oh brilliant
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna call my island Outset, from the lovely place in Wind Waker.

I've named mine Mycenae. We have Peaches.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Candle Cove, and we have cherries

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    My lovely town of Coolsville also has peaches. Which I don't love, but at least they aren't pears

I have pears. :<

Oh brilliant
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    The island of Aurora has Apples.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I named my island Joya Blanca (no space in-game) and I have Cherries. I always seem to have cherries.

Also chose a town with two South River exits, I like symmetry.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    My island is named Plasmabol to commemorate my cats 10th Plasmaversary. Got stuck with pears. The museum construction zone is currently littered with fish and bugs.

I dont like that the tool key ring didnt take the tools out of my inventory. Maybe that requires more nook miles.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Playing the intro...
    Is K.K... dead?!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My island, Doubtless, has oranges. No scurvy for us.

• LindLind Registered User regular
    Got my island started and having fun. Sadly i can WFH so i cant play all day.

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    My island has peaches. Just like my New Leaf town.

and my starting villagers are terrible and I hate them.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    edited March 2020
    Also, starting fruit much less interesting than starting villagers.

I got:
    mz5nfs4pynf5.pngb38j68iqfpjm.png

Fuchsia having had a costume and catchphrase update since New Leaf.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I got Fuschia too, and a mouse guy.

• LindLind Registered User regular
    Fuschsia and Sly on my Island.

edited March 2020
    Wow, 3 for 3 starting Fuchsias is some crazy odds, unless there's something else going on and it's not straight random.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    So I realized I trapped myself on the lower half of the island because of the layout I chose, I still like it the shape of it but I can't get across the delta on either side. I'm stuck in a Doritos shaped section with the beach to my south and rivers on east and west. I did as much as I could, paid down the first debt so I could get my house started. Hopefully that'll be there at sunrise but knowing my luck it'll take a full 24 hours. The game is just so charming already, the calm wind and music was lulling me to sleep as I tried to pick every weed I had access to.

Ended with a fairly clean section to start with, villagers as close to the beach with my house at the start of the river delta. I was looking at the map and I didn't realize at first the little peninsula and beach at the top. The peninsula would be perfect for a house or lighthouse. Very cool.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Coach and Rocket are my villagers, coach is heavily into muscles and facial hair and Rocket has no discernible personality other then that they wear pink.

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Got Flip and Diva. And Diva is just the worst frog.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Wow, 3 for 3 starting Fuchsias is some crazy odds, unless there's something else going on and it's not straight random.

It's not straight random. You always start with a jock-type villager and a big-sis-type villager, Fuchsia being the latter. So there's a 1-in-23 chance of getting her at the start.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Havent yet got this, but when i can affoard it i'm going to name my island Aiaia.

You get a cookie if you catch the reference!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    So I realized I trapped myself on the lower half of the island because of the layout I chose, I still like it the shape of it but I can't get across the delta on either side. I'm stuck in a Doritos shaped section with the beach to my south and rivers on east and west.

That's always the case, you're confined to that area for day 1. You need the pole to cross rivers, and then later the ladder to climb cliffs, so that they can ease you into the full island.
    Hopefully that'll be there at sunrise but knowing my luck it'll take a full 24 hours.

Anything that happens 'tomorrow' triggers at 5AM, your house will be waiting for you at sunrise. Don't ask how they built it while you were sleeping in it.

TamerBill wrote: »

It's not straight random. You always start with a jock-type villager and a big-sis-type villager, Fuchsia being the latter. So there's a 1-in-23 chance of getting her at the start.

I got Sterling and Plucky!

Oh brilliant

Sterling's great. Meanwhile, I got this frog who is very mistaken about how 'lucky in love' that moustache will make him.

MFVWym9.jpg

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I got Fuschia too, and a mouse guy.

I also got Fuschia and Roald.

On the island of Farfallen, which has apples (which informed the name, to be an aspirational take on apples not falling far from trees)

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Sterling's great. Meanwhile, I got this frog who is very mistaken about how 'lucky in love' that moustache will make him.

MFVWym9.jpg

A french frog.

Hm.

MFVWym9.jpg

A french frog.

Hm.

Making him french is actually a localisation, he's chinese in the original. Lesser of two evils, I think.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    My island is Bikini. We've got Peaches. I got Biff and Katt as my starting animals. They will be gone as soon as I can manage. Need to make room for Elmer. He's the best animal and I'll cut anyone who disagrees.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Got Tank (meh) and Pashmina, who's amazing.

But... pears. Why pears? Pears are what you pick out to get to the real fruit. Worst AC ever.

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Got Diva, Mac, and Pears on Twisted

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    BitTWist wrote: »
    Got Diva, Mac, and Pears on Twisted

Mac and pears is my favourite fusion cuisine.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I got Kid Cat and Canberra, with oranges in the trees.

The second time I talked to Canberra she was all 'Back again? Island not big enough for the TWO of us!?'

So there's... That.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh man, I didn't figure reset would happen between midnight and this morning so I didn't stay up. Oh well! I got peaches, a nice goat lady, and an ?elephant jock.

Can you just keep shaking trees for as long as you want hoping for sticks and not wasps, or is there a timer or something?

What is this I don't even.
    edited March 2020
    I think you can just keep shaking for sticks, and wasps will fall on first shake of the day or not at all.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    Haven't had a chance to play yet (stupid work... *rolls eyes*), but had a question for those that have...

I was under the impression from earlier comments and articles that whatever name you chose for your island would be appended with the word "Island", so I was planning on naming mine "Gilligan's", expecting the full name to be "Gilligan's Island." But from what I am seeing here this morning, that does not appear to be the case??

• CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Looking forward to playing with all you peeps again. Just started on my island of Tolaria. Got apples and a really nice layout so I'm happy. Really hoping to get Bob to move in soon.

Ear3nd1l wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to play yet (stupid work... *rolls eyes*), but had a question for those that have...

I was under the impression from earlier comments and articles that whatever name you chose for your island would be appended with the word "Island", so I was planning on naming mine "Gilligan's", expecting the full name to be "Gilligan's Island." But from what I am seeing here this morning, that does not appear to be the case??

I haven't seen mine called "+island" yet, but I'm only an hour into playtime

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I ended up with Pashmina and Genji as my starting villagers.

I played pretty much at midnight and some how I am a day ahead? My brother started today at 9am and he can’t use the dodo airlines and waiting for blathers to show up. I’m already the next step ahead. Did he not proc something?

This discussion has been closed.