As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    So when they said work from home they meant grind paragon, right? :razz:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    lol. I am set up in my office at home, my work machine is opposite my personal rig. My back has to be to one or the other, so I can't easily do both otherwise it would be a disaster.

I will play some at lunch though like I did yesterday!

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Mine are side-by-side.

I intend to access cloud stuff on my rig and only use the work lappy for things requiring VPN.

Will also probably play at lunch.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Hey, is there anyone on PC who could plvl my monk? just started the season

I'm Dixon#1680

Dixon on
  • Options
    I could level you, but I cant focus grind to gear you up, if you wait a bit.

I have a meeting in 5 minutes, could spend 10 or so leveling you up after.

• Options
    By the time I popped in after my meeting you'd already been boosted via the community. Woo!

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hahahah, yeah, thanks for coming on though Hex. I had no look with communities yesterday but got lucky just prior to you coming on.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Holy shirt balls.

Switched to the new set after collecting the 5 pieces I needed (plus rrog). Blew through a T11 normal rift because that's where about the firebat build I was using started taking some more time. Did a grift 52 and finally got The Barber to drop (well, 2 of them; when it rains...). Then I hopped in a grift 54 since that was the highest I could and destroyyyyyyyyyed my 52 time by 4 whole minutes (6:30-2:20). Things melted so fast it was crazy. I don't even have everything I need yet! I'm still missing a mask for my cube, the haunt/swarm ring, and a ring for the endless walk set.

Edit: cleared a 74 in about 3 minutes. Though I am riding the razors edge when it comes to survivability. I'll need to figure out what to do there.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I think I'm having a glitch. One of my skills is auto attacking, which while is good for me since that means I don't have to do it, it should not be doing that. Also, I'm randomly turning into a skeleton and I can't find the skill or item that is doing it.

• Options
    Sounds like Grin Reaper voodoo mask, the auto casts are from skele buddies

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Hex tricked a bunch of us into playing Hardcore

I don't usually play it but I have actually been tempted lately! We'll see how this works out.

• Options
    "Tricked"

How did I go after I went to bed last night? You had enough set items that you should have been able to carry the low torments without me.

• Options
    I had to log soon after, but we dropped to normal and killed the two bosses I needed for chapter 1. That triggered up to Slayer and got me full Nats.

• Options
    Sweet.

I got over a dumb mental block this morning, and remembered I could cube two armor items this season and did not need a rorg in the strictest sense.

Cubed my magistrate, and immediately was able to solo GR75. haha.

My welfare primal is the saddest stormshield you ever did see.

• Options
    You get a welfare primal in hardcore as well?

Double the disappointment, double the fun

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    started playing at the weekend because of quarantine

finished the campaign for the first time with a DH, now playing a barbarian season mode who's about to hit 50

i uh, may have a lot of free time at the moment

• Options
    edited March 2020
    HexDex wrote: »
    "Tricked"

How did I go after I went to bed last night? You had enough set items that you should have been able to carry the low torments without me.

I didnt play much longer, I was able to do around T4 i think? I need just a couple more set pieces before i can take off. I really need bounty mats so i can cube things

Al_wat on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    My primal was a Tiklandian Visage, so that doesn't seem super great, but maybe I could save it for a LoD thing.

• Options
    We can do some bounties tonight. I have done some, soloing bounties is the absolute worst, ugh.

Of course I suspect after another evening of carrying you all will have complete, or mostly complete builds any way. haha.

Tonight should be fun!

• Options
    ahh my playtime will be limited tonight but I'll try to get some in

jumping on soon though

• Options
    I got my season set that lets me run T7 or so, but I am the squishiest Doc you ever did see, lol. Bright side is that I have 4 pieces of Mungs set just waiting in the box for the next 2 items to drop. I cubed that helm because all those guys casting +9k% damage spells is hilarious.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Mungu is a lot less squishy than Arachnyr, so get on that asap.

Gonna be finding out tonight just how high my WD can go, as I'm aiming to level LoD as much as possible, ideally to the cap, but it might require the last bunch of levels coming from very low %'s if I can't handle the GR levels. I've gone up to 85, and I know I can go higher (but I had ran out of keys), but I spent most of the day leveling and getting a semi-decent LoD setup for a Wizard, since I'm gonna need at least the two classes to do the conquests this season. I hit a wall at about T13 on my Wizard with LoD at 50 and "eh" legendary's (only about half are artifacts, I've got the LoN set, but since neither of the rings are artifacts, it ends up being basically a wash right now between it and LoD) so I thought I'd use my WD to level it as much as possible, and maybe get some upgrades in the process.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Turns out 90 was my cap, and that was pushing it.

The health of rift guardians went up fast, and the same damage that was still making pretty quick work of elites and such was barely moving the boss health. It was kind of odd really, it seemed like something wasn't working right, like locust swarm wasn't getting put on despite numerous casts, so barrage wasn't doing the right damage. I dunno. My legendary gems were pretty underleveled, so I'm working on them to see if it helps; because otherwise, my gear is the exact same gear that people running 100+ have, just with not as many ancients, though I have some.

• Options
    That sounds odd, your gear looks right, but I can’t see your gems for some reason, and now the d3 profiles seem to be down.

Stricken can help if you weren’t using it, but shouldn’t really be necessary at 90. Maybe you weren’t close enough for locust swarm to hit? Or maybe you need to re-apply it after the short duration?

Unrelated... I saw you have crimsons on but still have pierce the veil- the increased cost from that passive works against the damage reduction from crimsons, so when using the latter it seems like most people are switching to confidence ritual.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've got stricken, enforcer, and bane. Gems probably weren't showing up because I took them off to see how my wizard was doing with LoD at 85. They're all at 55, but I wanted to check my wizard to see if she could do t16 easily yet to farm up some gold and bounties. No go, though. At least with a frozen orb LoD build. I guess there's a hydra one, haven't looked into it. EDIT: I was using emeralds for armor, it didn't seem to make a difference if I used emeralds or rubys. I had a diamond in the helmet. EDIT2: strike that, I was using rubys.

I didn't know that about pierce the veil and crimson, I'll switch it and give it a go. And will level my gems more, just needed some more gold. I suppose I could just switch out for boon and maybe drop something in the cube for goldwrap, and do bounties with my wd for now.

yetanotheredit: I also realized this morning I didn't have a relic on my duder to keep them alive, and wasn't taking advantage of the glowies they put down. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Can I get clarification on stash tabs?

I know they changed it to have a set amount (8, with the necromancer pack, and then 1 more per season, up to 5 more total, for 13?

Where I'm confused is that I am fairly confident I had 9 last season and unlocked the 10th; however, I've got 9 this season and will unlock the 10th. I could very easily be remembering wrong, I just had it in my head that I had two sets of the 5. And unless they changed the seasonal unlock requirement since they introduced that, I'm almost entirely certain I hadn't previously unlocked any tabs, because last season was the first I played since like the very first season, and I don't think they gave any back credit there.

So, assuming I get it, with my 9 now, if I finish the journey and get the 10th, next season I should start with 10 by default, correct? I suppose, at that point, if I don't, I can start being concerned, since I am not sure about last season.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    started playing at the weekend because of quarantine

finished the campaign for the first time with a DH, now playing a barbarian season mode who's about to hit 50

i uh, may have a lot of free time at the moment

just hit 70 and finishing off the chapter IV stuff (kill adria on t2, kill some bosses on t4) to get the set

quarantine rules

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    got some items to help the mage necro come together so I can level some gems/farm items to get the WD going. up into the torment X region now.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    This WD set is top tier gameplay. I really like it. I haven't actually enjoyed a set since the original Jade Harvester or that DH set that used the belt to make giant booms.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    The WD set has too many cooldowns to keep track of. That's my only issue with it.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I love the new WD set. The wizard one is okay, but really hampered by the channeling aspect.

WD gets to run around like a madman spamming all the buttons

• Options
    I've been kind of frustrated with the Mungu set. I've not been able to get past T7 solo with it and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've got the 6 piece bonus, and that by itself isn't enough, so what else do I need?

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    You should be running something similar to this https://www.d3planner.com/104528686 for gear and skills

Ring of Emptiness is the one thing that can be swapped around with other stuff at least at lower difficulties.

For a while I was running with a big 2 handed weapon and Barber and Gazing Demise in the cube. Also if you want to wear ring of royal grandeur and use Aquillas in cube to more toughness you can do that.

Also there is some sequencing of getting your attacks up at the start of a rift you need to do to get your toughness up so you don't die instantly but once they are up you are good for the whole rift unless you manage to die.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Wife and I are doing our first seasonal characters with classes that are new to us. It feels like the enemies are stronger than in regular story mode even at the same difficulty level. Which is fine because we found story to be way too easy and were constantly upping the level whenever we could but is this real or am I imagining it?

Also, is there a good power leveling guide for console? I am trying to skip through all the optional stuff as best I can but I certain we could be leveling up faster.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Butters wrote: »
    Wife and I are doing our first seasonal characters with classes that are new to us. It feels like the enemies are stronger than in regular story mode even at the same difficulty level. Which is fine because we found story to be way too easy and were constantly upping the level whenever we could but is this real or am I imagining it?

Also, is there a good power leveling guide for console? I am trying to skip through all the optional stuff as best I can but I certain we could be leveling up faster.

Adventure mode enemies can seem stronger, but I believe this is because you're able to jump straight to Act X enemies instead of dicking around with zombies in Act 1. I mean, Act 5 enemies have more abilities then Act 1puke zombies, even if they're level matched to new characters. Later acts have got enemies that freeze, charge, jump, shoot, drop ground effects, whatever etc... while most act 1 enemies are just melee with an occasional ranged goatman. This is especially noticeable with new characters who are stuck with 2 or three skill slots and a a half dozen options for those slots and no legendary gear/high level gems to bump your stats. Fortunately, those levels don't last long.

Edit: The other part of it may be your builds could be less than optimal if you're using classes you're unfamiliar with, and that can be an anchor slowing you down. What are you playing?

see317 on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I am playing a Barbarian and she's playing as a Monk. No doubt our builds are not optimal but the enemies even just in act 1 and 2 of story mode seem tougher. We haven't got to adventure mode with these characters yet

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I am playing a Barbarian and she's playing as a Monk. No doubt our builds are not optimal but the enemies even just in act 1 and 2 of story mode seem tougher. We haven't got to adventure mode with these characters yet

Best recommendation is to just jump directly to Adventure mode and fire up the Nef Rift. Unless you want to do the story mode. You both should be able to run the Normal dungeons with no gear.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    It only took two tries, but was I missing something with this weeks challenge rift?

Or did that wizard have a bunch of stuff equipped that provided no benefit to the build they were using?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    They had a bunch of stuff equipped that had nothing to do with their set, or the skills on their bar.

It was completely bizarre and much more frustrating than it needed to be.

HexDex on

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I've been kind of frustrated with the Mungu set. I've not been able to get past T7 solo with it and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've got the 6 piece bonus, and that by itself isn't enough, so what else do I need?

That set can be kind of squishy especially with it's reliance on Soul Harvest. It's important to keep that, Big Bad Voodoo, and the Spirit Walk buffs up. If you can't find a Soul Harvester dagger you can try putting Henri's Perquistion or an Aquila Cuirass in the cube. The Captain Crimson's will help as will the Traveler's Pledge/Compass Rose. Still kinda squishy even with all that. You can switch out Confidence Ritual for Swampland Attunement or Jungle Fortitude and swap out Bane of the Stricken for Esoteric Alteration and of course Paragon levels will help.

Poketpixie on
This discussion has been closed.