As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Update: Looks like I got everything I can do for today. All my tools broke and I'm out of sticks to make more. Trees don't drop them more then once a day, right?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I got another god damn ape. I hate those things. This ones seems transgender tho which is awesome.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Update: Looks like I got everything I can do for today. All my tools broke and I'm out of sticks to make more. Trees don't drop them more then once a day, right?

You can always buy more tools with bells.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Trees can drop a load of sticks, my friend found that out by shaking the same one repeatedly.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I think I’m going to try waiting until tomorrow to pop this in or else I’m gonna be awake till 5am.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

I must not have unlocked that yet? The Nooks don’t sell them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Some trees drop sticks indefinitely

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png

Never mind. You can tab right in the shop to buy more stuff! Also I have infinite wood now!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

If you can buy from them you should be able to purchase stuff - it's a separate menu from the 'general' purchase thing.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    This and Doom Eternal on the same day.

And I haven't yet fired up Doom, because I needed to first relocate to the beautiful island of Suplex (no longer merely a city/town, because only having one territory is rookie numbers) with my new neighbors Diva the frog and Buck the horse/mule.

The ripping and tearing will commence once the tanuki has his money.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If I end up getting AC eventually I'll probably name my island Island

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I will post my friend code when I get this going tomorrow morning.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    it's been so long since I played Animal Crossing on a TV, it's weird

it's been 15 years! (for me, the person that only played the Gamecube and 3DS ones)

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    arugughuhhh I need this. also a Switch.

Animal Crossing will complete me.

at least there's this video of Griffin McElroy playing it for three and a half hours

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This might be a stupid question but how do I take a hat off

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I think I've done everything I can do today, got the better tools, the storage upgrade, pro designer, and tool ring. My house and blathers will be there tomorrow and I have enough bells to immediately pay that off, like 15 fish/insects for blathers and enough nook miles for an island ticket.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but how do I take a hat off

If you open your inventory and move to the shirt icon, it shows all the clothes you're wearing.

edited March 2020
    Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I have never played an Animal Crossing game, but the level of excitement around this one got me curious, so I downloaded it last night.

Friend code is SW-3925-2368-8101

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    one thing that kinda jumped out at me in the early game

that direct they did last month kind of sold it as, building a house is completely optional, if you want you can just spend the entire game roughing it in a tent and building outside furniture and really leaning into the whole "castaway" aesthetic

and that's, technically true

but a ton of really valuable options are locked behind signing up for a mortgage. you can't buy nook tickets, get the expanded inventory, or even call up the tool wheel unless you get a house

that seems both pointless and a little frustrating!

is there no way to sort your inventory?

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

if you hold down A while hovering over something you can pick it up and move it around

Hold A as you select an item, it'll grab it after a bit.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular

A stovetop espresso machine fell on me

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out how to visit other islands? I wanted to check some of y'all's out and sell my pears. Maybe leave some bugs on people's doorsteps 🤓

It seems like the Nook miles is a much quicker method of paying off your house, but even with bells it's doable without too much trouble in one day, for sure.

I like the fishing and bug catching, do we know if there are other collections or catalogues for the museum?

Has anyone mystery island tour had anything other than their native fruit? Both times mine's been oranges like my home island.

And I suggest paying off the first tent with bells, nook miles are far more useful in the early going.

sirtoons.png
    I know it comes with the territory, but it's a liiiiiittle bit of a bummer that I would like to keep playing but I'm out of stuff to do

and it's fine, I've got other things I can do instead, but I forgot that you can just plain finish the game for the day

6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if leaving your gates open just lets people visit your village whatever, or do you have to be actively playing like in the older AC games?

A stovetop espresso machine fell on me

I had a bathroom sink

Has anyone mystery island tour had anything other than their native fruit? Both times mine's been oranges like my home island.

And I suggest paying off the first tent with bells, nook miles are far more useful in the early going.

How did you get there already? The airline says it is closed until tomorrow.

edited March 2020

How did you get there already? The airline says it is closed until tomorrow.

Played at midnight last night so today is my day 2

days switch over at 5 or 6 am

I already have a house and am over halfway to my next upgrade.

Have blathers and his museum will be built tomorrow and the nook store is being built as well and I'll have two more villagers too.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize you could choose to pay off the tent with bells. That would’ve been a better option.

I'm finding a lot more to do in this game than New Leaf. Currently I'm just strolling around catching butterflies and fish till my inventory is full and selling them at the store then repeating, ever once in a while shaking down trees for more sticks to make more nets and fishing rods.

The fact that there are repeatable mini nook mile+ quests gives me a bunch of those too.

I did not notice that I unlocked spending Nook miles on upgrades

I got the inventory expansion and I AM A KING LOOK AT ALL THIS POCKET SPACE I HAVE

6F32U1X.png

I got the inventory expansion and I AM A KING LOOK AT ALL THIS POCKET SPACE I HAVE

The tool ring is super good. Lets you use the d-pad to quick switch tools.

The tool ring is super good. Lets you use the d-pad to quick switch tools.

those are the two I got and now it's a new game

6F32U1X.png
    Before you get the tool circle your left and right on the dpad cycle through your tools in the order you have them in your inventory. So organize them with your most used together and it's not so bad.

sirtoons.png
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i bought the tool ring and i don't like it compared to manual cycling.
    i played way too much new leaf tho, not gonna lie. it's all muscle memory.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    do you need the switch online monthly plan to play multiplayer?

VayBJ4e.png
This discussion has been closed.