As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the empty arena wrestling thread

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The transitions in the Finn Balor hype package from this week's NXT are choice.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    D-Bry can go back to being the GM, that was pretty fun.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    D-Bry can go back to being the GM, that was pretty fun.

Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe as Raw and Smackdown GMs would be just a big treat for me

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Remember when Paige was Smackdown GM and it was awesome and then because Raw sucked they switched that up?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    DDT casually just throwing a match that involves CIMA vs Shinya Aoki on the midcard of their show, the absolute balls of this company.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    TJP's former partner has come out with allegations of all kinds, including domestic abuse, deceiving fans about his financial situation, and a since deleted tweet about him wrestling at an indie event after having tested positive for covid-19

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    TJP's former partner has come out with allegations of all kinds, including domestic abuse, deceiving fans about his financial situation, and a since deleted tweet about him wrestling at an indie event after having tested positive for covid-19

Well, fuck that guy even more now.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The tweet about covid was theoretically deleted for liability reasons, and i believe her enough that worst case she's a victim looking for the worst in her abuser, which happens all the time

• jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    ESPN is going to start airing older Wrestlemania shows starting with 30 this Sunday. I guess it’s just a matter of time for WWE PPVs to be announced as ESPN+ exclusives.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think this has more to do with ESPN desperately needing content right now, since sports aren’t so much happening.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jungle Boy is insane

Jungle Boy is insane

As someone who watches professionals do this at work, I'm not just cringing at him doing that without safety gear, I'm amazed at his pace. I know it's a time lapse, but I'm watching the traffic below and it doesn't appear like he took a break anywhere in there.

Most tower climbers I've worked with take a break every 20-30 feet. Climbing works your body so hard that it could be freezing cold out and you wouldn't feel it until you stopped.

What I'm saying is that I'm hiring if wrestling doesn't work out for him.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This is about to start on Twitch if you want to see and hear more of Kylie Rae

Full Kylie Rae matches that will be shown:

vs Deonna Purrazzo
    vs Mercedes Martinez in a no-ropes submission match for the Phoenix of RISE title
    vs Jake Atlas, Priscilla Kelly, Ruby Raze, Hyan and Jesus Bryce in a six-person ladder match

Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    DDT casually just throwing a match that involves CIMA vs Shinya Aoki on the midcard of their show, the absolute balls of this company.

I also just found out that the mad bastards pitted Aoki vs HARASHIMA in a blindfold and bra deathmatch on their March 11th show.
    Guess I have a lot of DDT catching up to do.

This is about to start on Twitch if you want to see and hear more of Kylie Rae

Full Kylie Rae matches that will be shown:

vs Deonna Purrazzo
    vs Mercedes Martinez in a no-ropes submission match for the Phoenix of RISE title
    vs Jake Atlas, Priscilla Kelly, Ruby Raze, Hyan and Jesus Bryce in a six-person ladder match

I still hope she comes back to AEW sometime, and whatever the problem was, gets worked out. Because AEW's women's division needs her in it.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    These Acid Cup shows have been reminiscent of those pre-2013 Beyond shows except just, slathered in grime.

hailtothekale on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

Wrestling is the home of some of the bootstrapiest of bootstrap mentalities. "I had nothing, was homeless and broke, and I worked my way to where I am through my own hard work" is a common refrain that transcends gender and race in the wrestling business. Because quite frankly, "if I can crawl my way through this river of shit to get to where I am today, then everyone can" is a pretty seductive mentality to justify why you have success and money and others don't.

It's hard for some people to admit that maybe they just got lucky, or that someone gave them an inroad that others could never get, or anything that would imply that they got help that others did not. To them, everything they got they earned through grit and training and sheer will, and nobody can take what they earned from them.

It's a poisonous mentality, and one that's all too prevalent in wrestling.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Oh my god, I just realized something

The Fiend reverts his opponents to earlier personas, right? But he couldn't beat Goldberg because his character has never changed

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    These Acid Cup shows have been reminiscent of those pre-2013 Beyond shows except just, slathered in grime.

No better way to honour the memory of Trent Acid tbh.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Oh my god, I just realized something

The Fiend reverts his opponents to earlier personas, right? But he couldn't beat Goldberg because his character has never changed

The acid test for this will be the Doctor of Thuganomics.

I know we saw him at last year's WM, but going back to "Ruthless Aggression" Cena might be overkill.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The Blood and Guts match has been postponed

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan Danielson was on the Bella Twins podcast today.
    “WWE has been great, they are going to give me six weeks paternity leave, which so few places in the United States do that. I get to be home that first six weeks, but then after that it’s not long until my contract is up. We’ve been talking about what we’re going to do there.

In my mind, I think I’m just done being a full time wrestler. I love being a dad, I will always love wrestling, and I always wanna do wrestling, but when I say always do wrestling, that means once a month, or once every couple months.”

:(
    At least this time he's doing it for his new kid and his family, and not because of injury.

I'm just happy he gets to go out on his own terms, instead of being cut down in his moment of triumph as we all thought he was. And hey, once every couple of months is still good.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The Blood and Guts match has been postponed

As much as I wanted to watch that, it definitely needs a crowd.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

No, Braun, you just got lucky because Vince loves his big, muscular strongman types. And you're still drawing a paycheck when a lot of these guys were relying on this to pay the bills, and because not every little or medium-size promotion have their own complex to let them film their own shows whenever they want. You're coming off as more a prima-donna spoiled asshole than trying to help.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited March 2020
    While Braun's busy bragging about showing tough love, actual good examples of what people who've made it should do include:

Jon Moxley, who donated over a grand to OTT's crowdfund after their biggest show of the year got cancelled due to coronavirus;
    David Starr, who's spent years consistently pushing for unions and better working conditions for wrestlers, even at the risk of being blackballed from companies over it;
    Mustafa Ali, who spent over a week promoting Freelance Wrestling's warehouse event on social media (because indy wrestling surviving any hardship it could any way it could was a cause he believed in), and then when it got cancelled earlier today due to the Illinois governor's shelter act, still took time to let the company and its scheduled talent know he'd make good on his promise to donate to cover all the talent's pay for the event

Sweeney Tom on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    God I wish Braun literally only existed in wrestling, and had no real life
    I love him so much in wrestling, and outside of it he's a shithead republican and it makes me so sad/mad

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    010F2745B0.jpg?sw=800

ok that's pretty good

• burboburbo Registered User regular

Wrestling is the home of some of the bootstrapiest of bootstrap mentalities. "I had nothing, was homeless and broke, and I worked my way to where I am through my own hard work" is a common refrain that transcends gender and race in the wrestling business. Because quite frankly, "if I can crawl my way through this river of shit to get to where I am today, then everyone can" is a pretty seductive mentality to justify why you have success and money and others don't.

It's hard for some people to admit that maybe they just got lucky, or that someone gave them an inroad that others could never get, or anything that would imply that they got help that others did not. To them, everything they got they earned through grit and training and sheer will, and nobody can take what they earned from them.

It's a poisonous mentality, and one that's all too prevalent in wrestling.

Especially funny with Braun, who I'm sure has worked really hard, but no amount of hours in the gym turned him into a 6'9 mountain. Vince would have came looking at Braun even if he never lifted a barbell.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    God I wish Braun literally only existed in wrestling, and had no real life
    I love him so much in wrestling, and outside of it he's a shithead republican and it makes me so sad/mad

I mean... he's a North Carolinian with a "country strong" tattoo. What were you expecting here?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Night one of this year's Wrestle Kingdom is now available free to watch https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00532_6_1

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

here's a piece on how it's irresponsible for anyone to be running wrestling shows right now

Shawn Michaels is going to ruin the British Bulldog's homecoming, whether he wants to... or not!

Mwx884o.jpg
    TNA uploaded the 2005 Lockdown event on Youtube for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZq-OaSuVM

All matches taking place in the 6 Sides of Steel cage:
    Apolo and Sonny Siaki vs Chris Candido and Lance Hoyt
    Bobby Roode (with A1 and Scott D'Amore) vs Dustin Rhodes in a 2 out of 3 falls Prince of Darkness match: if the match gets to a third fall, the third fall's a blindfold match
    Michael Shane (with Trinity) vs Chris Sabin vs Sonjay Dutt vs Shocker in a fatal fourway Xscape elimination match: first two falls by pin or submission; when it's down to a singles match whoever escapes the cage first wins
    Raven vs Jeff Hardy in a table match
    America's Most Wanted (James Storm and Chris Harris) defend the tag titles against Team Canada (Eric Young and Petey Williams, with A1 and D'Amore) in a strap match
    Christopher Daniels defends the X title against Elix Skipper
    Jeff Jarrett, Monty Brown and The Outlaw Billy Gunn vs DDP, Sean Waltman and BG James in a Lethal Lockdown match
    AJ Styles vs Abyss for #1 contendership to Jarrett's world title

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.