As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Mini-dead has christened our island “Magical”.

We have pears and our neighbours are Phoebe and Flip

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Looking at the availability of fish I've caught it seems like a good number of them wont be available until december once march ends. Guess that's why this released in march. Or maybe that's just southern hemisphere.
    I've caught 40 different types of fish now, Blathers wont accept anymore donations and by the sounds of things wont be around tomorrow either. Bah.
    I get the temptation of time travelling but on the other hand why would I want to speed through this chill game?

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I don’t even have the museum yet. The area around my tent looks like a shanty town because of all the stacked fish tanks and bug containers.

I imagine I’ll get Blathers soon, right?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I don’t even have the museum yet. The area around my tent looks like a shanty town because of all the stacked fish tanks and bug containers.

You have to give Nook some bugs/fish. Then he'll call Blathers and set that in motion.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Elin wrote: »

You have to give Nook some bugs/fish. Then he'll call Blathers and set that in motion.

Oh you can give them to him? He said it but I’d didn’t see an option for it. I thought that he just meant selling them.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Oh you can give them to him? He said it but I’d didn’t see an option for it. I thought that he just meant selling them.

You give him the first five, then Blathers comes the next day, and after 15 more officially starts the museum. Not sure after that my Museum won't be done until 5am I think.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Well I’ll have to explore that further, thanks. They weren’t clear on that, were they?

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Started the game a few hours ago, and I've already paid off the first bill, placed the museum, and purchased the first inventory expansion. Am I doing this right?

I met a ghost tonight.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    A very productive day on the island!

Caught the first wasp that I shook out of a tree; didn't even have my net out so I was swapping items in a panic as I ran.

oomxiazj9osw.jpg

Blathers apparently flew over the Mountains of Madness on his way.

37igwyjhbc9j.jpg

Putting my expert paleontology skills to use and assembling a newly discovered species.

9encr2gkmfj5.jpg

Visiting my wife's island (we both separately decided to wear billiard shirts).

lzxa4a15jkym.jpg

We're gross.

iw6w2d5to1vc.jpg

Two days in and I'm already stylin'. Featuring the boots constructed from one that I caught and one that my wife hooked.

wzop6xximyzi.jpg

This is, uh, hrm.

fofehecqjh7d.jpg

Surfpossum on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

Were you the first player to start the game (the resident representative)? Only they can donate.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Do we know if nook shopping is universal or unique? I'd like to send gifts if I have a different inventory.

What is this I don't even.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Do we know if nook shopping is universal or unique? I'd like to send gifts if I have a different inventory.

I had the same thought. Day one in my Nook online store was a medical mask ... I mean safety first so I bought it and put it on but man if that showed up for everyone :bigfrown:

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Putting my expert paleontology skills to use and assembling a newly discovered species.

9encr2gkmfj5.jpg

Look, you, this isn't Pokémon.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I don’t know much about this game, I tend to just enjoy watching my wife play. Earlier our daughter was playing her character, found a tree she can just shake on endlessly and get branches flying off it forever. Special tree? Bug? Doesn’t matter, she has hundreds of those sticks in her pocket now.

Good little hoarder.

Gates to Glosta are open for a bit if anyone needs pears.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Used my free ticket to visit a random island, of course it had the same fruit as mine. Atleast I got some coconuts and rocks for my trouble.

Used my free ticket to visit a random island, of course it had the same fruit as mine. Atleast I got some coconuts and rocks for my trouble.

Yeah I think the fruit thing is intentional.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I got this last night if anyone want's to add me. My kid won the coin toss and is the primary resident and de facto ruler of Avalon. I'm letting her do all the unlocking first. I have a stock pile of fish and bugs ready for when she get's to Blathers.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Yeah I think the fruit thing is intentional.

Decent source of iron so far for me though.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I'm on the friend list at the beginning of the thread if anyone wants to add me.

I named my island Aryll Isle in honor of my favorite island-related game. We have peaches on my island.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Cherries, apples, and coconuts are now all available (still growing) on Farfallen.

Finally got the upgraded toolset and enough specimens for the museum.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    This game is so incredible. I never imagined the franchise getting to this point. It has so many little details added that make me smile.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Are rocks the only source of Iron Nuggets? If I've hit all mine then is that it?

urahonky wrote: »
    Are rocks the only source of Iron Nuggets? If I've hit all mine then is that it?

Yeah and breaking rocks is not the best way to get them.

You can use Nook Miles Tickets to visit other islands and get iron from rocks there, however.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    So I've noticed the upgraded axe fully chops down and completely breaks rocks. Is there a reason (other than landscaping) to do this instead of using the inferior axe to harvest materials, leaving the tree/ rock?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah and breaking rocks is not the best way to get them.

You can use Nook Miles Tickets to visit other islands and get iron from rocks there, however.

I don't want to take some from other players though.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    It's a randomly generated island, it's literally there solely to plunder

Didgeridoo wrote: »
    So I've noticed the upgraded axe fully chops down and completely breaks rocks. Is there a reason (other than landscaping) to do this instead of using the inferior axe to harvest materials, leaving the tree/ rock?

It doesn't always break/cut the tree down. I would say it's 1/10 or maybe lower than that. I chopped every tree in my town with the better axe 3× and I think only three fell down. I wouldn't do it to fruit trees, two taps is safe to do. So you can tap any tree twice but if you want it for sure don't hit a third time.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Question: As a first time AC player, if I drop stuff outside on the ground around my house, does it get garbage collected at all? (I forgot to setup the experiment last night)

Question: As a first time AC player, if I drop stuff outside on the ground around my house, does it get garbage collected at all? (I forgot to setup the experiment last night)

No, it shouldn't. It should stick around forever. If something is built on top of them, like a villager house, the items should go to that recycling bin inside the resident services tent.

Just noticed that once you have a house and are able to turn on the "global" room lamp, you can choose between off, warm light and blue/white light.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Edit: loaned my switch lite to sister in law so NVM about this one

Kanden on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    so the first thing I did after orientation was shake a tree and a human skeleton fell out

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Is it just me are there a lot of balloons? I shot down 3 in the few hours I played this morning. I got a wardrobe that lets you change clothes, a rocket lamp that looks like a lava lamp, and a new fake fur hat.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Is it just me are there a lot of balloons? I shot down 3 in the few hours I played this morning. I got a wardrobe that lets you change clothes, a rocket lamp that looks like a lava lamp, and a new fake fur hat.

Yeah I'm not sure if this is how it will always be, but the rate of balloons is definitely higher than New Leaf. And I've also been getting cool things in the balloons as well, not awful balloon furniture.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

No, it shouldn't. It should stick around forever. If something is built on top of them, like a villager house, the items should go to that recycling bin inside the resident services tent.

This is good - I've put a hammock out on the beach, you know for social distancing - so I'd prefer not to lose it.

Also, I'm glad there is storage in the house - waiting for the museum to open was filling my pockets with all sorts of new stuff that needed to be turned in!

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Okay so long story short I've been hyped for Doom Eternal since announcement, and here I am the morning after launch, asking if anyone can and would PM me a Dodo code to an island with a peach tree on it.

Oh also-
    Oh I can finally spend these Nook Miles? Awesome!

What the heck are Miles Plus?! Nook, you capitalist hydra.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
This discussion has been closed.