As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Going to get some prints of this guy's models, which are based off MWO designs, but he's done a good job modifying them to mini-size proportions.
    fc2e61a79cd72aeeba3a73f7a84a8b20_preview_featured.jpg

The Catalyst Locust is pretty gaff, but I think chopping off the oversized antennae and medium laser helped it out a lot.

website_header.jpg
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Going to get some prints of this guy's models, which are based off MWO designs, but he's done a good job modifying them to mini-size proportions.

The Catalyst Locust is pretty gaff, but I think chopping off the oversized antennae and medium laser helped it out a lot.

Yeah his stuff is really good. Although I haven't printed one yet, his takes time to make them print well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Yeah his stuff is really good. Although I haven't printed one yet, his takes time to make them print well.

His cyclops i printed looks pretty good, but i really need to get a smaller nozzle to make these prints shine

kx3klFE.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Page 100! I believe it may be time to recycle this thread. Is there anything you guys would like to see in a new OP that isn't in the current one?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I think aside from maybe replacing the pic of the old box set with one from the new box set, the OP is pretty golden.

Also, that and my first post were from May 2014. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    I think aside from maybe replacing the pic of the old box set with one from the new box set, the OP is pretty golden.

Also, that and my first post were from May 2014. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

But more importantly, did you repaint your collection during the summer or were you Lazy?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What is this I don't even.
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    You got me excited for the Steiner Scout Lance all over again!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, new Tex Talks is out, and clocks in at just over 2 hours. Saving this one for a work day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDR_Zpb05uk

The comments mention a new Steiner Scout Lance bit in it.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey, y'all - check this out:

https://characters.battletech.com/search?query=oosik

:D

From the latest backer update; looks like my notes section is missing, but I've luckily got a copy saved with you fine folks, so I can easily get that fixed.

Elvenshae wrote: »
    Hey, y'all - check this out:

https://characters.battletech.com/search?query=oosik

:D

From the latest backer update; looks like my notes section is missing, but I've luckily got a copy saved with you fine folks, so I can easily get that fixed.

Looks like I'm in the next upload batch.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I still haven't gotten my survey 😵

Because I upgraded later

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Does anyone know if you can make adjustments to what you've sent in? I have a quote for them to use

I'm Dermond "Moon" Reigns
    The Oosik Irregulars'
    Poet Laureate

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can make adjustments to what you've sent in? I have a quote for them to use

The Oosik Irregulars'
    Poet Laureate

I asked that question in the comments; I'll let you know what I hear.

Elvenshae wrote: »

The Oosik Irregulars'
    Poet Laureate

I asked that question in the comments; I'll let you know what I hear.

FYI, if you're wondering:

The next backer update clarified that they were using a Test version of the canon characters database, and so it didn't have all the final updates people had made. Accordingly, in a little bit when they do a full reload, then you can worry about accuracy. :D

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Speaking of reddit: "A Mad Cat is just a Catapult with some Marauder arms bolted on"
    1vvy1yud9sg5.jpg

Favorite comments from the thread:
    Fine, I'll build my own Mad Cat! With blackjack and hookers!
    Kirsala wrote:
    Hookers? What kind of 'Mech is that‽
    It's exclusive to the Magistracy of Canopus.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    That's the exact opposite of what was described!

Played a very nice game on my friend's balcony today, because his apartment common room was closed because of the plague. Sponsored by chips ahoy.

r8z1n9ikuqsr.jpg
    Griffon getting punched in the head by my thunderbolt.
    4002ea1tlivv.jpg
    Said griffon jumping away like a coward (only to take 3x CT crits and get its gyro crippled in the next turn)
    jatdho43g5c2.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Played a very nice game on my friend's balcony today, because his apartment common room was closed because of the plague. Sponsored by chips ahoy.

r8z1n9ikuqsr.jpg
    Griffon getting punched in the head by my thunderbolt.
    4002ea1tlivv.jpg
    Said griffon jumping away like a coward (only to take 3x CT crits and get its gyro crippled in the next turn)
    jatdho43g5c2.jpg

Yo, where did you/your friend get those buildings? And the road pieces?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited March 2020
    All from https://steelwarriorstudios.com/collections/hextech-terrain-system
    Awesome terrain, very lightweight and pretty inexpensive (I think he got the Cityscape set for 110$ or so). It really adds a ton to the game, having proper LoS blocking.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    All from https://steelwarriorstudios.com/collections/hextech-terrain-system
    Awesome terrain, very lightweight and pretty inexpensive (I think he got the Cityscape set for 110$ or so). It really adds a ton to the game, having proper LoS blocking.

Damn. Once I'm in a stable and permanent place....I will probably buy most of that. And a Leopard dropship for Fruit Cup.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Darn, wish I didn't add on the box set to my clan Kickstarter. Oh well I'll just wait.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but is there are list of all the Mechs that are getting that fancy redesign and re-release thanks to the Kickstarter?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited March 2020
    Axen wrote: »
    So I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but is there are list of all the Mechs that are getting that fancy redesign and re-release thanks to the Kickstarter?

Take a look at our Trade workbook. I have every 'Mech listed out by pack.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    edited March 2020
    Nips wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »

Take a look at our Trade workbook. I have every 'Mech listed out by pack.

Ooh, I gotta update my section for that. I had a bit of a windfall at the beginning of the year and ended up adding a lot more to my order before they locked things in.

Edit: alright, should be up to date for me now. Sadly, the only want/trade match I see is Tox's Night Star, but I don't seem to have anything I'm willing to part with that he wants. Since I'm getting the pack with all 4 legendaries, if I get lucky with the free Legendary blindbox and it's another Natasha or Morgan, then we've got a deal.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I need to look at the list and possibly add some in.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited March 2020
    The clan & legendary salvage boxes are probably going to be where things open up for me. I'm already getting the entire invasion 16, and the legendaries pack, so hopefully I get stuff other people want in the blind boxes.

They have redesigns coming for most, but not all, of the 24 Inner Sphere battlemechs that were in the starter boxes for a long time. I'm getting most of them, but I'd like to trade for the couple remaining (Zeus and Trebuchet off the top of my head). Hoping they eventually do the others (I <3 the Clint & Whitworth for entirely stupid reasons).
    1. Commando - AGoAC starter/IS Retaliation Force
    2. Spider - IS Support Lance
    3. Jenner - IS Striker Lance
    4. Panther - IS Striker Lance
    5. Assassin - not yet
    6. Cicada - not yet
    7. Clint - not yet
    8. Hermes II - not yet
    9. Whitworth - not yet
    10. Vindicator - not yet
    11. Enforcer - IS Urban Lance
    12. Hunchback - IS Urban Lance
    13. Trebuchet - IS Fire Lance
    14. Dervish - not yet
    15. Dragon - IS Support Lance
    16. Quickdraw - not yet
    17. Catapult - AGoAC starter/IS Retaliation Force
    18. Jagermech - not yet
    19. Grasshopper - IS Heavy Lance
    20. Awesome - AGoAC starter/IS Retaliation Force
    21. Zeus - IS Fire Lance
    22. Cyclops - IS Support Lance
    23. Banshee - IS Heavy Lance
    24. Atlas - IS Direct Fire Lance

I'm also hoping they'll remake the remaining Clan Unseen, that is, the ones FASA commissioned Victor Musical Industries to design for the 3055 Tech Readout (both the redesigned anime mecha, and the ones that weren't based on anything). Standouts are the Jenner and Rifleman IIC, which are AFAIK the only Mechwarrior 2 mechs not getting a new mini. But of the ones they are making, my trade priority is the Hellhound, as a fun historical anecdote.
    VMI-designed Second Line Clan Battlemechs
    1. Howler (Baboon) - Clan Ad Hoc Star
    2. Incubus (Vixen) - Clan Striker Star
    3. Horned Owl (Peregrine) - Clan Striker Star
    4. Conjurer (Hellhound) - Clan Striker Star, aka the Wolverine IIC (but clanners don't say that word, so they renamed it)
    5. Vapor Eagle (Goshawk) - Clan Striker Star
    6. Glass Spider (Galahad) - not yet
    7. Black Python (Viper) - not yet, not to be confused with the Viper (Dragonfly) 40 ton omnimech
    8. Stone Rhino (Behemoth) - Clan Heavy Star
    9. Bane (Kraken) - not yet
    VMI-designed Inner Sphere Refits (original IIC series)
    1. Locust IIC - not yet
    2. Jenner IIC - not yet
    3. Phoenix Hawk IIC - not yet
    4. Griffin IIC - not yet
    5. Shadow Hawk IIC - not yet
    6. Rifleman IIC - not yet
    7. Warhammer IIC - Clan Heavy Star
    8. Marauder IIC - Clan Heavy Star

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Every time they send out the updates for the "here's the new designs we're working on for "x" star/lance" I'm always disappointed when they're not showing off the Stone Rhino. It's my number one "I have to see how they reworked it" mech.

So the Clan Invasion coronavirus update is basically, "expect delays, and more information when we have it"

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

I ended up cashing in my canon character. (Just wasn't feeling it, and it ended up becoming weirdly stressful? Anyway...) So they had sent me a unique URL to the Catalyst store that would reflect my credit.

A sale, I thought, good time to cash in for some maps and some PDFs!

But the link they sent isn't store credit. It's a "discount." And you can only apply one discount to an item. So I can't use my character "credit" with the sale.

Oh well. I'm mildly irked by this, but not really. It's no one's biggest problem right now and hopefully the 20% sale will juice some actual cash sales to help out Catalyst and its employees right now.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Look at this sexy mutha-
    kglc6qst4qlq.jpg

edited March 2020
    Fuck yes.

Edit: Oh snap, it even has the correct number of weapons for the primary spec now.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    When this hits page 101, I'm gonna make a new thread, with a reserved second post for production timeline updates

Tox wrote: »
    Look at this sexy mutha-
    kglc6qst4qlq.jpg

It’s beautiful.

It’s goddamn beautiful.

They did my baby right.

The other members of the star are also goddamn sexy.

edited March 2020
    Oh, my.

The MAD and Whammy IIc's are also fecking beautiful, just the right balance of new aesthetic and homage to the Unseen looks. Unf.

Nips on
    edited March 2020
    Personally I prefer the Warhammer IIC to have dual SRMs but I'm a little weird like that

Tox on