As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I have two A. Lockes, but I haven't bothered thinking about them at all...except that they are the only way I can get Kryla to 100 evade *and* draw right now:
    Kryla 7★
    Right hand: Locke's Dagger ATK+165
    Left hand: Moogle Plushie DEF+25, SPR+25
    Head: Raven Beret DEF+16
    Body: Soccer Jersey ATK+7, DEF+23
    Accessory 1: Moogle Charm (FFXV) DEF+33, SPR+28
    Accessory 2: Wrapped Gift DEF+20, SPR+20
    Materia 1: Equip L Shield
    Materia 2: Dodge Roll HP+30%, MP+30%
    Materia 3: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20%
    Materia 4: Magic Sanctuary SPR+15%
    Esper: Kokuryu HP+81, MP+63, ATK+64, DEF+36, MAG+42, SPR+30
    Total: HP:12633, MP:751, ATK:485, DEF:530, MAG:261, SPR:715

I have the UoCs to do it (or the omniprism, but I'm not _crazy_), and the dagger is pretty amazing, but I'm not sure it's really *worth* it?

I assume you don't have K Producer's Jacket?

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Seems like the rate of getting STMR tickets is faster than UoC right now. Not sure how long that will last.

It does seem fast, for sure. I'm maybe around 80 or so tickets for my third STMR moogle already. Still haven't used the first two moogles yet, though.

Zomro on
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Got my first IW rare this time on the Artemis Bow. I'm not really concentrating on any particular weapon. I'm just running stuff through to get stats on them.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    This would be the best I could do for Draw Attacks / Evade Kryla:
    i0m9dfkrwogh.png

Weirdly Sea Dragon doesn't help much. The 15%-20% evade wouldn't free up any other slots. I was hoping to try and get to 100% resist but unless we get an esper with 10-15% resist all, not going to happen haha. The best I can do is if I don't need Earth, I can throw Tetra on and swap to Transcendent Soul for extra SPR.

The main downside is that it doesn't allow for much wiggle room if you need to boost resists of certain elements to 100%+. I'll think about it, getting Lockes STMR would be nice while IW is around, but I don't have Ignus so I'm not sure who I'd slot in for gDM (to help with P Cecil) other than DW Galuf, who is already 100% evade/draw attacks.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I have two A. Lockes, but I haven't bothered thinking about them at all...except that they are the only way I can get Kryla to 100 evade *and* draw right now:
    Kryla 7★
    Right hand: Locke's Dagger ATK+165
    Left hand: Moogle Plushie DEF+25, SPR+25
    Head: Raven Beret DEF+16
    Body: Soccer Jersey ATK+7, DEF+23
    Accessory 1: Moogle Charm (FFXV) DEF+33, SPR+28
    Accessory 2: Wrapped Gift DEF+20, SPR+20
    Materia 1: Equip L Shield
    Materia 2: Dodge Roll HP+30%, MP+30%
    Materia 3: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20%
    Materia 4: Magic Sanctuary SPR+15%
    Esper: Kokuryu HP+81, MP+63, ATK+64, DEF+36, MAG+42, SPR+30
    Total: HP:12633, MP:751, ATK:485, DEF:530, MAG:261, SPR:715

I have the UoCs to do it (or the omniprism, but I'm not _crazy_), and the dagger is pretty amazing, but I'm not sure it's really *worth* it?

I assume you don't have K Producer's Jacket?

I was an idiot and sold it (don't have the Jet Black Eyepatch either, missed that story event). Having said that, I played around with my equipment a bit more and I can get Yuna's STMR into the mix without compromising, or I can push the HP up to 16K with the Catastrophic Crown.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    edited March 2020
    Yeeeeesssss, FMA collab is coming!

https://youtu.be/WZh5N8LNn3o

I was getting hype when they were talking about it and then they announced King Bradley as a GL original unit for the collab and I am so damn excited. Sorry, Elric brothers, I'll pull you if I can, but I gotta get Wrath first.

I have a feeling I won't have this Omniprism for much longer.

Edit: They revealed a list of stuff that will be coming over the next couple of months. Expert missions and Dark Visions coming in April

Zomro on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I don't trust Gumi not to abandon these units as soon as the check clears.

They also said a "special collab" was coming in April. My guess is WotV because of the game release this week.

Also, FMA is going to be a pass for me. I don't need any of the units and none of the TMRs/STMRs seem game breaking to me.

They also said a "special collab" was coming in April. My guess is WotV because of the game release this week.

Also, FMA is going to be a pass for me. I don't need any of the units and none of the TMRs/STMRs seem game breaking to me.

Could also be a FF7 Remake collab as it's launching on April 10th.

I'm also going to pass on FMA. Xenogears/Nier/JC3/etc still rubs me the wrong way given we have no enhancements or improvements.

Interesting they don't mention Easter on the "schedule". Maybe it's implied but given that Esther is still good and they did skip Tiana/Felix this year for Christmas, maybe they are skipping Easter. Normally they tend to talk about GLEX unit stuff in these videos. Maybe they'll push easter back a week and release a video before hand.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    FMA is an easy skip for me. I've never watched Brotherhood, I don't need any of these roles, and collab units are forgotten about directly after release so they're a bad investment (Viktor Marchenko, how I want you to be good again).

It is weird that they didn't mention Easter at all but maybe they're intentionally leaving that for a mini-update episode.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    FMA is the easiest of easy skips for me. Which is good, I need a breather to replenish my various stores.

The FF7 Remake collab would be WAY too early. It would break the game and the power curve since those units were released after the Esper units, which is the next jump in power. They would basically negate the need to pull any of the new damage dealers for the next 6-9 months. That would be a boost in sales now, but long term a huge loss in profits. I seriously doubt Gumi would do that, but they have done weirder things.

The only way they could release FF7 AC Cloud and Tifa next month is if they nerfed them and Gumi said they would never do that again.

FFVIIR is likely getting all new units in both JP and Global. What will probably happen is a simultaneous JP and Global banner, with the Global units being tuned down and buffed later (like Sora).

edited March 2020
    I just love FMA (especially Brotherhood, which is true to the manga), so even if the units suck I'll still pull them for the collection. I'm just not remotely interested in just saving for the big meta units, unless I actually like the character or the designs (Esther, Sylvie and Karten all got me based on their sprite designs). With enhancements coming eventually for the units I do have (Esther, Karten, Kings Rain and Lasswell), I'm not going to be in a situation where I'll need some new, flashy unit to get by. The idea of just pulling for a character because some tier list says so is unappealing to me. If I did that, I'd have pulled for X-2 Rikku even though I very much dislike X-2. Or I'd have pulled for Madam Edel even though I haven't even done the Madam's Manor stuff yet.

My main priority is King Bradley, he's one of my favorite anime villains. After that, it'd be Ed and/or Al, with Mustang really close behind. Since Bradley and Mustang are on the same banner, though, there's a good chance I scoop up Mustang when pulling for Bradley.

There's a lot of characters that they could've included in this collab, too. There's a lot of really cool characters and villains in FMA:B. And even if you don't plan on pulling for anything, I'd highly recommend checking out the anime. It's really good.

Edit: As an aside, they did announce Yego and Nagi getting enhancements soon. I wonder if they can come up with some GL upgrades that will actually save them from the eternal bench.

Zomro on
    I would love it if Yego became a top tier unit with enhancements. I only have one Yego but I'm not against UoCing a prism if she ends up being good. A Malboro Rider is just such a cool concept.

edited March 2020
    Zomro wrote: »
    Edit: As an aside, they did announce Yego and Nagi getting enhancements soon. I wonder if they can come up with some GL upgrades that will actually save them from the eternal bench.
    I think Yego might get some use in Dark Visions because she can provide a Plant Killer buff. If her enhancements pump that up to a 75% party-wide physical/magical, then I could see using her.

edit: She currently provides a Demon and Plant killer buff of 50% on a CD.

Tiphares on
    Cruor wrote: »
    I would love it if Yego became a top tier unit with enhancements. I only have one Yego but I'm not against UoCing a prism if she ends up being good. A Malboro Rider is just such a cool concept.

Same. She has some decent bones with T-cast, innate ST resist, and some imperils. Just need to tune her a bit, Get Serious is on an 8 turn CD but the attack buff is only 6 turns; CD should be lowered to 6 turns. Unlockable imperil should be 100% with the earth one going to 110% like Ignacio. Then give her the Tifa treatment, move her into the top 10 DPS ideally with a non-elemental chain attack so she can equip elemental weapons for her 4 different imperils and boost her LB to be a decent finishing move.

edited March 2020
    I was curious, and it appears that only 70% of Yego's ATK is tied to whips (50% from her TMR, which you'll want to use for her Trust Ability, and 20% from her passives). That's not terrible! And she can wield Bows to take advantage of their high 2H variance. This would be less of an issue if her STMR wasn't the only 2H whip in the game (maybe there are others but I can't remember).

Cruor on
    I was curious, and it appears that only 70% of Yego's ATK is tied to whips (50% from her TMR, which you'll want to use for her Trust Ability, and 20% from her passives). That's not terrible! And she can wield Bows to take advantage of their high 2H variance. This would be less of an issue if her STMR wasn't the only 2H whip in the game (maybe there are others but I can't remember).

Which, once again, displays the severe lack of representation of the weapons. Lots of weapon types just don't have good options. Some of the trial rewards have helped a little, like the Demon Axe, but some extra love for the whips, bows, axes, hammers and maces would be nice.

I was running the Artemis Bow in IW and was thinking it'd be awesome to get a hybrid bow user.

Yeah and whips are Mag focused which isn't what Yego needs. Ideally they'd update her TMR but I don't see that happening.

Expert missions coming on April 16th it looks like. Hopefully no changes from JP and we'll get 20 UoC tickets. I think that might push me over the edge to get A. Locke's STMR.

I kinda hope we get expert missions beyond what JP has. I would love a reason to awaken more of my stockpiled units to 7*. If the rewards are unchanged then I'm definitely gonna grab a Malphasie prism for her STMR.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm ready to drop all of my lapis and tickets on FMA. Glad I decided to wait until the next banner announcement before wasting resources on Rikku.

Got the rare on Inari Broom. Splash Knuckles so far the best I've gotten is 25% HP, 10% ATK which is fine, probably gonna move on to something else.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Two IW runs have been mediocre, the rest garbage.
    b7b6o5097jjx.jpeg

edited March 2020
    We're getting the free daily 10 summon reward from the Tel-Fulsanis community rewards, Vault of Hidden treasures and amazing enhancements on Thursday. That's pretty nifty.

I'm not really one to say for sure, but Nagi and Yego's enhancements, based on the news post, seem pretty good? Nagi's for sure seem pretty good, looks like she can get 150% ATK and MAG TDW, give her a Ravenheart or her own STMR, and she can cap that easy. And her mod increases seem pretty high, but they are hybrid

Zomro on
    edited March 2020
    Zomro wrote: »
    We're getting the free daily 10 summon reward from the Tel-Fulsanis community rewards, Vault of Hidden treasures and amazing enhancements on Thursday. That's pretty nifty.
    I look forward to my 10 blues every day. Maybe it'll lead to some more trust coins that I'll never get to use on XG prisms... I'm so tempted to grab the G5* 10+1. That collab was 9 months ago?

edit: Here is something interesting. Free summons for the FMA banner only?

FMA BROTHERHOOD Mission Quests
    Campaign period: Thursday 3/26 EoM - Wednesday 4/8 SoM PDT

Upon quest completion, players will receive FMA BROTHERHOOD Summon Tickets that can be used for the FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD featured summon!
    You can find the quests under the FMA BROTHERHOOD Mission Quests tab from the quests icon on the home screen.

Tiphares on
    The banner specific summon tickets are something JP has had for a bit. They're essentially Rare Tickets that have to be used on the banner.

Nagi certainly looks like the winner this time for enhancements. Her mods for her dark and light attacks are really powerful and each of them has a 120% imperil attached. Pretty sad that Yego still looks, well, not great. On the plus side, my UoCs are safe

edited March 2020
    Yeah they were soooo close with Yego, looks like she got only some of the Tifa treatment. She can imperil 120% and add earth element; her lesser attack now helps allies LB (not by much but something); they fixed Get Serious pretty much just as I was asking, lowering it to 6 turns, boosting atk to 300%, and allowing T-cast for 7 turns so it's always on.

Her biggest issue is her 'gimmick' DOT. It's not bad, 25x undispellable per turn for 5 turns. The problem is that it's EVERYWHERE lol. Why does she need 3 moves to do a DOT over 5 turns? Her Dolphin Blow move is weaker than Tifa but she doesn't get the Final Heaven move. If they had just given her a top 15 DPS skill that she could chain while the DOT was on, she's be a interesting character to use.

It'll be interesting to see where Nagi comes out. 40% evade plus 120% imperils. Her base attacks are 10x better than A. Fry and her CD AR move is 5x better. It'll be interesting to see the turn count on Clad in Power as well. If it's for all 5 turns, that's pretty crazy. I'd imagine it'll be 1 or 2 turns, which will make fitting it in her rotation interesting.

Trajan45 on
    edited March 2020
    Clad in Power better last until it comes off cooldown. There's no reason for it not to. Regardless, if I want to use Hybrid I'll be sticking to Levinson (mostly because I only have 1 Nagi, but also because she doesn't seem to offer anything that Levinson doesn't already do, and he has meta ATK/MAG breaks).

Cruor on
    edited March 2020
    Sorry, I meant the boosting effects. CiP itself lasts for 5 turns.

EDIT: She has 100% built in Demon/Human/Undead killers, so that is a nice perk.

Trajan45 on
    I've never pulled a Nagi. So... there's that. I have one Yego and like 5 Crimson so I won't be enhancing anyone. I would probably enhance Nagi for Dark Visions if I had her 7*.

I've never pulled a Nagi. So... there's that. I have one Yego and like 5 Crimson so I won't be enhancing anyone. I would probably enhance Nagi for Dark Visions if I had her 7*.

Mm, yeah, Nagi for DV is a good idea. Throw a Dark/Light weapon on Tifa and they make really really good chaining partners.

Mm, yeah, Nagi for DV is a good idea. Throw a Dark/Light weapon on Tifa and they make really really good chaining partners.

If her enhancements are good, I'll put my Nagi up to chain with any Tifas.

I have to wait for Monday for Bradley's banner to be up, but I'm excited to pull. It's just been so stressful with, well, everything going on and it'll be nice to have a temporary reprieve and throw some summons out. Once I secure Bradley, then it's ticket time for the Elrics. As much as I want both of them, Alphonse seems to be the real pull, his LB is pretty dope with 200% DEF and SPR, 50% damage mitigation and a 4000 HP barrier for all allies for 4 turns. And it's a pretty cheap LB at 22 LB crystals.

I hope you get everything you want from the banner! I'm getting antsy since there hasn't been a banner that has excited me since Christmas (still sad Siegnacio is mediocre) and I want to pull. I am super happy that the omniprism bundle let me finally 7* Lucas though.

Also, keep in mind that the Defiance of Fate daily multipulls we are getting will have the FMA units in the pool, so there's even more chances to grab the units there.

Not sure how I'm going to get everything from the MK shop. Despite having a massive crew (7* Auron, 7* Lulu, 6* Auron, 7* Kimahri), I'm at 60K event points but don't have Kimahri TMR or the UoC ticket yet. Let alone any of the side stuff like cactuars, TM's, and such.

edited March 2020
    Kimahri TMR can always be obtained later with regular moogles/grinding so that's not a huge priority. I'd say aim for the UoC and then whatever else you can grab is gravy.

Cruor on
    Yeah. i'm overflowing with TMR moogles so I passed on the KM shop moggles. I just grabbed the STMR, shield, UoC, and prism then called it. I had to grind out to 70k EP, though. I had pretty bad luck with bonus mob this time around.

edited March 2020
    Was looking at some pre-release tips for WoTV and...yeah, gonna just go ahead and unregister now. A lot of the tips are about how crazy the grind is plus how to effectively set things up to auto play, and how to get VIP options like speeding up the auto play you have to pay real money...

So, this tells me that a lot of the time playing the game means not playing the game, and to not play the game more efficiently I have to subscribe to the game. Yeah, no thanks, not for me.

Cruor on