As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: Echo Live

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    BTW there was a small PTR patch for the speed boost trick: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-–-march-20-2020/476225
    HERO UPDATES
    Echo

Flight

Flight speed will now return to regular movement speed if canceled during the initial speed burst
    Added the option for Hold for Flight within Echo’s hero options

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I was for super jump staying in the game, but with everyone knowing how to do it now, if it stays in increase Mercy's tether cooldown by another second or make her wings actually part of the hitbox (supposedly they're part of it but nah, it feels like she gets animation frames skipped on tether and super jump)

Echo's super jump is gone. Mercy's is staying in. It's not bullshit.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I was for super jump staying in the game, but with everyone knowing how to do it now, if it stays in increase Mercy's tether cooldown by another second or make her wings actually part of the hitbox (supposedly they're part of it but nah, it feels like she gets animation frames skipped on tether and super jump)

Echo's super jump is gone. Mercy's is staying in. It's not bullshit.

I think Mercy should just have some version of that ability as part of her kit without the weird inputs and timing that it requires now. Maybe for example she can choose to use her cooldown on a double jump instead of targeting a teammate.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    seeing way more cheats getting banned mid-game these days

are blizzard actually doing it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular

Apparently they get more work done from home

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    So I'm playing support, and doing a pretty decent job on Dorado attack with Zenyatta and a Monkey/Hog combo that are just doing a great job. I'm doing a fine job keeping their supports suppressed, and my brother's off doing something on Sombra.

We get the payload home and I get a decent PotG for getting most of the Zarya, then killing their Mercy before she could rez Zarya, then getting 100% of the Lucio as he tries to dance around on cart. 21 and 0, gold elims, obj kills, silver damage and obj. time, gold healing.

"So how many elims did you get there, DPS?" I ask my brother.

"21 kill streak?" he exclaims as the card pops up.

"I'm sorry, how many elims did you say, damage class?"

"I was doing important stuff!"

"How many was that again?"

"Shut up!"

Ahhh. This is the sublime pleasure of Zenyatta.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

Apparently they get more work done from home

Now that they're playing more and getting a taste of it firsthand....

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Eh, looks like his recent WoW one, the Spitfire Winston had some similar traits to the safari but stood out with the color scheme. I'm more interested in what Sinatraa want to do for his MVP skin, if they're going to keep doing that.

Also the new Top Gun Pharah is now third best skin, the gun looks classy and it's the right amount of Danger Zone cheesecake.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I went into a public group last night with some rando who locked Bastion twice into the close quarters mutator challenge and I'm not sure why I decided to waste my time like that

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Well, since it's an echo, why not tone down the echoed ults? Or would that make them useless?
    Chance wrote: »
    Lock-on confirm? What? I think I need a video to understand this.

Like Ana fires her Nano at Mercy and a popup appears, freezing the game, asking if she's sure?

As someone who nanoed mercy accidentally last night I need to turn this on I think.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    soylenth wrote: »
    Well, since it's an echo, why not tone down the echoed ults? Or would that make them useless?

that becomes kind of a problem of now you're having to rebalance 30+ ults, each one needing to be tuned in its own particular way based on what it actually does and how strong is "too strong" when you get multiples of that ult

it's waaay less resource-intensive to just find one value for the ult charge rate that "feels" good for most of the ults

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i bluescreened so many times doing my placements it says i played 6 games

but have 1 win 2 draws 2 losses

powerfull............

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Got an Ana potg last night! Nano this! Sleep that! Nade those! Anaaaaa!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Nice. I've seen, like, two Ana PotGs ever.

• Options
    To all the asshole pieces of shit who leave games, especially in quickplay:

When you ragequit, stop trying to leave the game and then click for another QP game right away, because you're just going to pop right back into the game you abandoned. Which means you're going to waste that team's time, again, and then quit and we have to continue with 5v6. Again.

Also, why are you leaving games right now anyway? You can't go anywhere!

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular

Video or it didn't happen! Okay, I believe it happened, I just want to see the video. Ana potgs are flex material!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    soylenth wrote: »

Video or it didn't happen! Okay, I believe it happened, I just want to see the video. Ana potgs are flex material!

Meanwhile, Moira is getting PotGs for healing 200 HP. It'd be really fascinating if they would just publish the algorithm that determines PotG, because it's definitely not just fire gained.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    PTR patch, modest sticky bomb nerf: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-–-march-25-2020/478431/1
    HERO UPDATES
    Ashe

The Viper (Secondary Fire)
    Updated lever action sound to better line up with when she can shoot again

Echo

Sticky Bombs
    Explosion damage reduced from 30 to 25

Duplicate
    Ultimate cost increased by 16%

• Options
    ...Is that the cost of using Duplicate, or the cost of ultimates earned while using Duplicate?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    ...Is that the cost of using Duplicate, or the cost of ultimates earned while using Duplicate?

Probably the cost of Duplicate.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

So... basically carte blanche to see Pharah and Doom in every single match.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh they're increasing the number. 4 did seem on the lower side.

• Options
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

Ashe exists

• Options
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

Ashe exists

As does Bastion. Those are the only two ranged hitscan DPS available. Hope you like playing at least one of them.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

Ashe exists

As does Bastion. Those are the only two ranged hitscan DPS available. Hope you like playing at least one of them.

Or you could just go Pharah and rule the skies with your waifu.

Interesting set of bans. Blizzard is clearly tasting the boundaries of the ban-format.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

Ashe exists

I can't imagine any set of bans or non-bans would make you happy.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    this owns get destroyed hitscan players except ashe but thats ok because she has bob (friend)

also hanzo with nothing to contest him at long range other than ashe heeh heee

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Hero bans this week are

DVa
    Mcree
    Soldier 76
    Sombra
    Widowmaker
    Baptiste

Ashe exists

I can't imagine any set of bans or non-bans would make you happy.

That's not true. Here's the banlist I want:

'Cause bans are dumb.

Nerf overperforming characters, buff underperforming characters, ya hosebeasts.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Banning (almost) all the mid-to-long range hitscan heroes is interesting, I think. That's how you really shake up the meta.

• Options
    It also gives them info on whether or not Ashe is viable at all, even without the heroes that overlap with her.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I don't... really get these arcade challenges. Like, I one-shot both with randos doing rando things, and I'm legitimately not sure I could tell you what better strategies or characters would be. Use long range characters, stay away from the shotgun dudes? Maybe a Mei specifically for the heavies? I guess maybe they're hard if you use characters like Doom or Sombra who are just bad at the PvE stuff? But... duh, yeah.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Blood Moon Rising is a good challenge, the hard parts are when the Reinhardt tanks drop but you're able to build 5-10 hp per shot and when you peck from a distance that's the best way to heal (and 76's heal ability is nerfed to slow HP gain)

Storm Raging is cheap because the rage doesn't hop to nearby people, it just goes wherever so there's no rhyme or reason to killing people or spacing out the elims, it's just OP enemies and if you don't take out the rage snipers you're SOL in never ending rez crossfire.

• Options
    Mei can freeze lock heavies so that's a good way to handle either mode. They aren't particularly difficult but it's cool to change up your approach to the missions. I would have liked legendary difficulties to be part of it.

• Options
    Blood Moon Rising is a good challenge, the hard parts are when the Reinhardt tanks drop but you're able to build 5-10 hp per shot and when you peck from a distance that's the best way to heal (and 76's heal ability is nerfed to slow HP gain)

Storm Raging is cheap because the rage doesn't hop to nearby people, it just goes wherever so there's no rhyme or reason to killing people or spacing out the elims, it's just OP enemies and if you don't take out the rage snipers you're SOL in never ending rez crossfire.

Blood Moon I did with a team of Hanzo, Torb, Widow, and Reaper. The Reaper was borderline useless and dead basically every time an elite spawned. He seemed to have trouble regaining health though, so maybe his passive is turned off? I don't actually know. The rest of us just hang way the fuck far back and picked the enemy off from far enough away for them to never be a real threat. Heavies took a little bit, but we were naturally split up and it was just a matter of ducking around the corner and letting the others take off its health while you had its aggro.

Storm was a snap with Orisa, Zen, Baptiste, and Hog. Everything, even the heavies, just melts with Zen's orb plus virtually any of the other ults, even when they have the nanoboost.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Been seeing a Symmetra exploit for Storm Raging where the team teleports to the sniper perch at the corner before the bridge and since the enemy behaviour is to close the distance they walk under the perch out of line of sight so players can take their time dealing damage

• Options
    "with no hitscan, i can just go pharah to counter junkrat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZkJAjyllQ&feature=youtu.be

wife patrols the air...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OWL is back this weekend and going fully online: https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/23368317

• Options
    It has not been a good week for the game, just stomps left and right, the MMR is so broken now you cannot legitimately tell me lvl 8 players should be playing against teams full of silver and gold borders even if they're the best smurf who ever smurfed, so many people quitting and ruining the games even in the PvE stuff, and just constantly being placed in defend is enough to drive you to drink. And I don't know what hijinks are going on here in stacking, but on more than one occasion I've seen 2500SR be placed against 4000SR, and there is a chasm of difference between a plat and GM Zarya (often with KBAM too). Because Blizzard won't let us see who is teaming up with who anymore, I don't know if people are sneaking in a GM in a stack for carries or they're just widening the matchmaking to reduce queue times, it's just making everything a mess right now.

• Options
    It has not been a good week for the game, just stomps left and right, the MMR is so broken now you cannot legitimately tell me lvl 8 players should be playing against teams full of silver and gold borders even if they're the best smurf who ever smurfed, so many people quitting and ruining the games even in the PvE stuff, and just constantly being placed in defend is enough to drive you to drink. And I don't know what hijinks are going on here in stacking, but on more than one occasion I've seen 2500SR be placed against 4000SR, and there is a chasm of difference between a plat and GM Zarya (often with KBAM too). Because Blizzard won't let us see who is teaming up with who anymore, I don't know if people are sneaking in a GM in a stack for carries or they're just widening the matchmaking to reduce queue times, it's just making everything a mess right now.

GM can't group up with more than one other person.