As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The rumour I heard (super-double grain of salt) is that part of the abilities for the Sons of Behemat will let them 'kick' objective around the battlefield, which sounds positively hilarious if true.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Maybe also more old world previews? I totally forgot about that until the Kislev article on warcom today.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    That said the UK is now in total lockdown for everything but essential businesses for the next three weeks at least, so depending on how the previews are set up we may not be getting anything yet.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    honovere wrote: »
    Maybe also more old world previews? I totally forgot about that until the Kislev article on warcom today.

Old world is years off based on the initial announcement. We aren't getting much more than concept art for a while. They are gonna do little more than remind us it's being worked on for a bit yet.

Luminoth and giants seem like safe bets. I know it's a long shot (and probably not the best move for them financially) but I'd love to see some existing armies fleshed out or old ones have some units updated.

TheGerbil on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Old world is years off based on the initial announcement. We aren't getting much more than concept art for a while. They are gonna do little more than remind us it's being worked on for a bit yet.

Luminoth and giants seem like safe bets. I know it's a long shot (and probably not the best move for them financially) but I'd love to see some existing armies fleshed out or old ones have some units updated.

I swear, now that I bought the bits packages to make 30 acolytes they are gonna release plastic ones for cheaper than I'm gonna a make mine.

I can feel it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think they are going to show off the DoK and Brute warbands. The Realm lords full preview, {still just going to get the army book because my brother wants to know if you can play spellcasting units} It's just annoying they are being vague and showing off the tried and true high elf stuff only hinting at the other stuff
    I think the Sons of Behemat is going to one of the smallest armies if it's really an all giant army. They might show off the satyr elves or both hint at them and whatever Malekith's elves are. also if Tyrion has his own set of elves. As for the rest I have no idea

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

I swear, now that I bought the bits packages to make 30 acolytes they are gonna release plastic ones for cheaper than I'm gonna a make mine.

I can feel it.

But now you can gatekeep and be all like 'you weren't there, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2020

I can feel it.

Fuck man, I can only dream.

Also I wonder why they're splitting the reveal into two weeks?

Maybe a 40k and associated games focused one week then AoS and associated games the other.

Or just to maintain hype over more time...

TheGerbil on
    Just got an email from GW. In addition to shutting down their stores they're also shutting down their factories and distribution, so the online shop is also closed until at least April,14.

Just got an email from GW. In addition to shutting down their stores they're also shutting down their factories and distribution, so the online shop is also closed until at least April,14.

I know sigh o well saves me money and planning and sigh I have to wait to get the paints [the primer ones and 9 other ones} after they reopen sigh

Still these two pics
    g2f79ovs62th.png
    pj4u2gpa2xdg.png
    Kind of look like old dark elf stuff so I am still curious what Malekith's elves are

Gonna be so long till I can get that Skaven lore book. I also should have bought the stormvermin to make my acolytes. Could be months before they open back up.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Try local independent stockists, maybe? Some places are still able to dispatch online orders and they might welcome the custom right now.

edited March 2020
    Cross posting this from the painting thread cause this was a conversion project I mentioned here before.

So a while back I started a project where I was converting Stormcast paladins to Chaos chosen (of Tzeentch cause I like the asthetic). I have now finished that project. ALBUM HERE contains full sized images and extras.

Some standouts then a group shot:
    csdT7xTh.jpg
    gf9JIVth.jpg
    DpYTchIh.jpg
    BpsZY8kh.jpg
    dFHJuJLh.jpg
    eOI3MZBh.jpg
    I4oEAwlh.jpg

QpWhZhHh.jpg
    cgsMpcTh.jpg

TheGerbil on
    Try local independent stockists, maybe? Some places are still able to dispatch online orders and they might welcome the custom right now.

What do you mean? What is a stockist?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

"Independent Stockist" is GW speak for "Stores that sell Warhammer but aren't official Games Workshop stores", so basically your local game shop.

"Independent Stockist" is GW speak for "Stores that sell Warhammer but aren't official Games Workshop stores", so basically your local game shop.

Oh, alright. Never heard it put that way.

That option wont be possible since the distributors for all the LGS here are basically shutting down for now so they wont be able to order it for me.

I saw there are 3 boxes on Amazon but it says fantasy on them so I'm not sure if it is the same models as the ones GW currently sells.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    WHFB? Should be the same set, just square bases instead of round

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »
    WHFB? Should be the same set, just square bases instead of round

Cool, thank you. I wasn't sure if they had new models made at some point during AoS or if it has been the same models. I'll hopefully be able to buy the two boxes I need to make my acolytes, jezzails, and bombardier.

I'm still kind of torn on using stormvermin or plague monks for the acolytes though.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    stormvermin is a much nicer kit, much better sculpts and parts, and the armoured bits suit Skyre imo

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    I think the only skaven models that aren't from from WHFB are the gnawholes endless spells and warlock bombardier

That's correct, Thanquol and the Stormfiends kits are from the End Times, which is kind of a hazy middle ground I guess.

End times is still WHFB... Just was like 8.5 edition or something. Probably more like psychic awakening in 40k right now.

Sure, but they were writing the end times with the knowledge that AoS was coming up soon after.

Grabbed the two boxes of stormvermin that were left. Was gonna wait till Friday but 1 of the 3 got purchased so I decided fuck it.

So glad I get paid on Friday.

I'm still torn on the basing. I like the cracked earth warpstone look but I'm not sure I want to move forward with it. Would it still make sense to use grass tufts with the cracked earth look? I was gonna use the bright vibrant ones from gamer grass.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Grabbed the two boxes of stormvermin that were left. Was gonna wait till Friday but 1 of the 3 got purchased so I decided fuck it.

So glad I get paid on Friday.

I'm still torn on the basing. I like the cracked earth warpstone look but I'm not sure I want to move forward with it. Would it still make sense to use grass tufts with the cracked earth look? I was gonna use the bright vibrant ones from gamer grass.

You could probably go with some cracked earth and dead looking grass tufts for a sort of “corrupted land” feel.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    You can get tufts in all sorts of colours to fit whatever look you want. I use v simple black and white basing for my Nighthaunt (basically grey contrast paint and job done) for a night/land drained of life look and there are some nice black and white tufts to go with that.

nTaKsEo.jpg?1

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I think the only skaven models that aren't from from WHFB are the gnawholes endless spells and warlock bombardier

Wasn't the Doomrocket a magic item in WFB? The model is new, but the concept isn't.

Tastyfish on
    All the local LGS are closing down for a while since the distributors are all down and I tried to get some primer for my Skaven but they didn't have any chaos black and wraithbone at all. Definitely don't have even close to enough primer for all my Skaven.

There are other non hobby specific primers you can use. I've used some in the past and you can google around to find out which.

There are other non hobby specific primers you can use. I've used some in the past and you can google around to find out which.

I tried different none hobby primers for some terrain and really didn't like how they were reacting our coming out so I'd rather just stick with stuff I know for sure works.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I use the rattle-can primer Rust-Oleum American Accents Flat Black, White and Gray for everything. Buy em from Walmart dirt cheap. They're like $4 a can and last for quite a while.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Yeah I've used similar. They take longer to dry (in my experience) but work about as well once they dried.

The gw store and the only LGS I can ride to closed earlier in the week. It is kind of annoying since I needed primer {basically white} It is kind of annoying since it is getting warmer [well the days it's not windy} So I am looking forward still to painting again just I am stuck painting either things I have primed or stuff I can prime grey/black

Ok GW you got me. I did not expect the giant mountain cow with a big hammer to be part of the lumineth.

And those aelven Hammerers would look so much better if the face and horn on their helmets were part of a faceplate instead of being stuck to the top. You promised me pointy aelves and then you hide al the pointy parts of their hats under stuff.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    preview-warhammer-aelves-1.jpg
    lumineth-realm-lords-1.jpg

Hmmm... something about these models... just speaks to me.

H9f4bVe.png
    Elves with hammers are an affront to me! I must say this new line seems quite split in reactions from what I've seen, much like the Ossiarch it seems to be you either love them or hate them! Personally I'm not a huge fan, but I've never held much love for the high elf style, I do like the more extravagant pieces like this big mountain spirit and the rock mage, but it's certainly not an army I can foresee me collecting!

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I think its a better moove than just having 'regular' or 'high' elves.

steam_sig.png
    Still my brother is very curious after he saw the mountain spirit and the elves with hammers {with the preview of the mage following the theme} That would they have caster units? As his ideal is something along the theory of grey knights where everyone can cast but individuals are far better at it

This discussion has been closed.