As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All my ads are in Spanish

HevachHevach Registered User regular
It started a few weeks ago, Hulu would give me a Spanish ad every now and then on our Roku. A week ago, it had become all ads on Hulu across all profiles and devices.

Now it's spreading like a virus, AdSense content on devices where I'm logged into the same account as the phone I control the Roku with are about half Spanish. My wife has started seeing them occasionally on YouTube but not as often as me.

Gone through every setting I can find and can't find anything relevant. Hell, the Roku itself doesn't even have my or my wife's Google account on it, it has a third account we made so our kids would stop polluting our recommendations with Cocomelon.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    This just started happening to me today on Twitch. I'm thinking it's not just you.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Hay una problema? Pienso que si no puedes entender nada, este es un oportunidad! Puedes ignorar todos.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    I recommend Duolingo!

• Options
    Had one in French today, which is an improvement since I can't understand any spoken French, so unlike Spanish it doesn't kick my brain into superlisten mode when I'm more interested in snack refills.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Problem... solved?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Close enough? Most of them are still Spanish, but... Eh, seems to be reality now.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Half the ads I get at home are in Spanish, and that started happening when I moved to a neighborhood with a high Latinx population. Maybe demographic tracking suggest that more Spanish-speaking neighbors are on the internet these days than have been previously, due to shelter at home?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind