As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Social Isolation = Solium Infernum time?

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Two orders per turn is really frustrating.

I know it's intentional in game balance, but it feels like every turn if I just had a 3rd order, I'll feel slightly ok about hitting end turn. With two, it always feels like there's key things I'm not able to do each and every turn.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I've pondered the wisdom of spamming all your points into a single stat to have the extra order from the outset. Probably not worth it for the trade offs but you'd get a whole lot of actions over your opponents in those early turns.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I almost did exactly that, but it feels like you'd be so far behind in resources that the extra order wouldn't get used for what you'd really want to us it for.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I almost did exactly that, but it feels like you'd be so far behind in resources that the extra order wouldn't get used for what you'd really want to us it for.

From vaguely-remembered experience you end up spamming low value tribute demands.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited March 2020
    Actually looking at the turn...

Were there two of three matching stat boost manuscripts on sale from the start or did someone get very lucky?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about what someone won from the last turn?

Oh dang. Loaded a previous save and I see what you mean now.

I really hope someone didn't get super lucky there with the Flesh Rapture Manuscript.... Vol 1 and Vol 2 now sold of three.

2widmmg3l9xk.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    a5wsj0clt5zi.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2020
    d8wbux29gimk.png

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Getting very suspicious as to what Jako is up to...

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Given all the rituals and things like that, I'm pretty concerned that there's a buildup happening that will just unleash all at once and we'll all be struggling as we move around and grab territory.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Mostly I'm up to intense regret at having only one move on my legions, and too late realizing each legion can only move once, regardless of how many order slots you have (not that I'm flush with those either)

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I think the map is old though? I've started moving my guy, extremely slowly. Should be one hex north of where he started on this map I believe.

jakobagger on
    Oh yeah, missed that as he stayed within his borders. Was that just this turn?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2020
    Oh yeah, missed that as he stayed within his borders. Was that just this turn?

Yep. Feels bad to move when it is so slow but gotta do it sometime I guess.

Haven't checked yet but I really hope there might be some kind of movement boosting floating around somewhere in Hell.

jakobagger on
    sn0asqfniy9k.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    All this map making will make a great animated gif at the end.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Regrets, I've had a few.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Man, the getting spit out a random direction when taking a PoP is rather annoying when it spits you out in the worst possible space of all the choices.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Man, the getting spit out a random direction when taking a PoP is rather annoying when it spits you out in the worst possible space of all the choices.

I'm looking forward to seeing whether my legion randomly deflects to someplace useless in a couple turns, yeah.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Was pretty nice for me this time, but yeah, kind of a strange mechanic.

'Kind of a strange mechanic' is this games tagline. Like finally having enough resources to pay for something and then finding out you can't physically fit the resource cards required into the payment window so need to spend another turn and another order slot consolidating some cards.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2020
    'Kind of a strange mechanic' is this games tagline. Like finally having enough resources to pay for something and then finding out you can't physically fit the resource cards required into the payment window so need to spend another turn and another order slot consolidating some cards.

Yeah that one is a huge head-scratcher too. I suppose having it be cards instead of abstract resources adds to the boardgamey feel?

Edit: and adds another - minor- strategic dimension to think about.

jakobagger on
    43b1au7mal49.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Oh dear. Map to follow as I've only just finished the previous one, but the newest turn is bad news bears for somedemon.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2020
    zg24gipgjhfc.png

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I'd like to make clear that I don't intend any aggression towards orange, I just wanted to go and guard the river crossing for peace of mind.

Suuuuure.

It's fine, I go first this turn anyways.

Turn 9: AKA That was a nice stash of resources you were building up there wasn't it? What a shame...

Swine, the lot of you. But particularly whoever just did that!

For the benefit of outside observers, someone just played an event that caused everyone to discard a whole bunch of carefully hoarded resource cards.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Oh that was an event. I just assumed someone had sticky fingers.

Which would then have of course identified someone as having a 4 in a stat.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Glad I spent money on a legion at least

VayBJ4e.png
    094d3q96raj6.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Oh ok, it fucked everyone, I thought somebody was mad at me in particular for some reason.

Still, pretty dang annoying.

You know that thing where you can't get one particular element?

Yeah. Lot of that going on.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

5nuvgawhuxpf.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    hell yeah!

VayBJ4e.png
    dnsnl6662ywp.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    No map changes for latest turn but it is on.

I have demanded resources from Virgil, he has refused, I may now claim vendetta. (That is all public in the turn logs to other players right?)

MhCw7nZ.gif
    No map changes again

MhCw7nZ.gif