As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

in which we ffwd thru the talky bits of the [movie] thread

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    polar is not a good movie and the entire time I was watching it I was thinking it's just John Wick without any of the stuff that made it interesting

and what's really frustrating is that if you'd told me there was a movie where Mad Mikkelson is an aging assassin trying to figure out how to be retired while the industry tries to murder him because it's cheaper than giving him his due, I'd demand to know why we weren't already watching it

the pitch for that movie is very good! all of the decisions they made about it were terrible!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hah! Josh Hartnett

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I like Lucky Number Slevin a bunch

It's a movie I watched in college a lot more than was strictly necessary

it's not even like a quality thing

i also confuse them with shoot 'em up too

i think they just all came out at the same time, had ensemble casts, and did kinda similar things

so i'll just transpose plot points and cast members across the three

Yeah they definitely all exist in a similar space, I get that.

I mostly keep them straight by their quality (Slevin is good, Shoot 'Em Up is good-bad, and Aces sucks).

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Lucky Number Slevin was the twenty minutes of quirky Josh Hartnett Mistaken Identity romcom completely enveloped by a violent and disturbing revenge flick

It's got tonal whiplash like woah

I mean

The movie is sort of about that?

I always took that as a very intentional choice

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think it was in during Lucky Number Slevin that I came to resent the Bruce Willising of Bruce Willis

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Lucky Number Slevin was the twenty minutes of quirky Josh Hartnett Mistaken Identity romcom completely enveloped by a violent and disturbing revenge flick

It's got tonal whiplash like woah

I mean

The movie is sort of about that?

I always took that as a very intentional choice

I agree! But it does make for an uneven, and perhaps unsettling viewing experience.

Seven Psychopaths plays with similar tones and is absolutely amazing

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    I think it was in during Lucky Number Slevin that I came to resent the Bruce Willising of Bruce Willis

That makes a whole lot of sense

I think I was more around 2012/2013 (Expendables 2, Looper, GI Joe: Retaliation) on that, but I can't pinpoint a specific movie

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

That makes a whole lot of sense

I think I was more around 2012/2013 (Expendables 2, Looper, GI Joe: Retaliation) on that, but I can't pinpoint a specific movie

Did you prefer the Brunoing of Bruce Willis?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    pretty much every time I see Bruce Willis in anything anymore it makes me wonder why I ever liked him

he was arguably the worst part of Looper, an otherwise pretty good movie

• Options
    No, but I do have a deep fondness for Moonlighting, so maybe

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Polar is based on a webcomic. That is all I have to contribute.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    when bruce willis tried, though

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    what i'm saying is the whole eleven yards when

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    you know, I think the whole nine yards probably was the last time it seemed like he gave a shit

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Paul giamatti should have won an oscar for shoot em up

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I enjoyed him in Moonrise Kingdom

Looking at his filmography, the man is in a lot of movies that do not exist.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wes Anderson is the only one who can make Willis care nowadays, I guess

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I feel like , now more than ever, Bruce Willis has to be funny or he's just a crotchety old man

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The only movie I saw Bruce Willis in where I was like, "Damn, he's good at acting" was 12 Monkeys. He was, like, fine, in 16 Blocks and I think that's the only other movie I've seen him in where he really had a chance to do Good Acting. He's good at action movies, though. Die Hard With a Vengeance is probably my favorite performance of his.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The only movie I saw Bruce Willis in where I was like, "Damn, he's good at acting" was 12 Monkeys. He was, like, fine, in 16 Blocks and I think that's the only other movie I've seen him in where he really had a chance to do Good Acting. He's good at action movies, though. Die Hard With a Vengeance is probably my favorite performance of his.

I think Bruce Willis does some mighty fine acting in the first Die Hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYkXeqVQXdk

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    lucky number slevin is better than it has any right to be

polar is far, far worse

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I saw both Slevin and Aces in theatres and remember absolutely nothing about either.

I just rewatched the Slevin trailer and it awoke nothing in me.

Am I.... dying??

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    I saw both Slevin and Aces in theatres and remember absolutely nothing about either.

Am I.... dying??

Aren't we all...
    except for Rorshach Kringle

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    For some reason every now and then certain frames from The Matador pop into my head though, and I only seen that once as well.

Remember The Matador??

• Options
    bruce willis is a comedic actor who kinda stumbled into a tough guy reputation
    Zonugal wrote: »

Am I.... dying??

Aren't we all...
    except for Rorshach Kringle

you monster

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    For some reason every now and then certain frames from The Matador pop into my head though, and I only seen that once as well.

Remember The Matador??

Oh, you mean the fifth Pierce Brosnan 007 film???

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bruce Willis was best in Bruno The Kid

• Options
    haha wow eat shit dude

• Options
    how does jeremy renner keep finding new ways to be just the worst person

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Will people be mad at me if I say Jeremy Renner sucks?

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Nasty! Not Cool!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's amazing that his terrible fucking music wasn't rock bottom!

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman 1984 pushed from June to Aug. 14, taking the place of James Wan's new movie, Malignant. That and Scoob and In the Heights are now pushed to ???? release dates.

And a handful of 2020 releases hit VOD today, The Gentleman, Bloodshot, The Way Back and Saint Frances.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Scoob.
    God damn it

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

You better not besmirch the creator of the Jeremy Renner App.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Did Jeremy Renner piss away his Marvel fortune on something, or is he truly just a collossal piece of shit?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Did Jeremy Renner piss away his Marvel fortune on something, or is he truly just a collossal piece of shit?

Colossal piece of shit.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

You better not besmirch the creator of the Jeremy Renner App.

I’m sure they were an excellent software engineer, I would never.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Ryan Davis tweeted long ago that Jeremy Renner is awful and we will all learn some day and god damn that man was right

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
This discussion has been closed.