As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    More random midgame questions:
    Should I be repping a faction? The whole enemy system makes me wary. How do I pick which one?

Yes, all of your frames should have a sigil equipped at all times so you at least get some passive rep just by doing missions. Standard recommendation is start off with Steel Meridian because they have a mod for the Hek that gives +200% multishot, a faction Hek which doubles the ammo capacity and other good stuff.
    Are there any good secondaries? Mostly I've been sad when I use them. Viper has been particularly pathetic.

There are lots of good ones, the standard low level room clearing secondary is the Atomos. It isn't the best in endgame, but is great for working through the starchart.

steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Atomos was the first secondary I found that was actually worth shooting, yeah. Hystrix a couple MRs higher is also another one that lasted me forever and a half.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Are there any good secondaries? Mostly I've been sad when I use them. Viper has been particularly pathetic.

Mara Detron
    Staticor
    Rattleguts/Tombfinger/Catchmoon
    Atomos
    Pyrana Prime (and the Pyrana)
    Embolist
    Vaykor marelok
    Pandero
    Twin grakata
    Stubba
    Quatz
    Euphona Prime
    Plinx
    Ocucor
    Cyanex
    Aksomati prime
    Akvasto Prime

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I found Volt very easy to play at low levels. His 1 skill is straight up chain lightning, and it one-shots stuff for a long while. Great for shield drones.

More random midgame questions:
    Should I be repping a faction? The whole enemy system makes me wary. How do I pick which one?

Is there a way to make Vay Hek runs go faster? I had really hard time hitting his weak point with Tetra.

I just unlocked Saturn. Are the 2 missions on Phobos still my best credit farming places?

Thank you for your Hek primary recommendation. I put a potato in it for good measure, it's my "oh shit this content is actually hard" gun now.

1. The factions are good, yes. If you like the Hek, you can get a great mod for it and eventually a better version of the gun from levelling Steel Meridian. Don't worry about invasions, they're usually not that tough and if it's not an endless mission you can just avoid them. The only one that might give you trouble early on is the Ancient pack New Loka sends, but you can mitigate that by using Radiation procs on them.

Once you're using different frames regularly, you can actually use different sigils and level up 3 different factions alongside each other. I think the way it breaks out due to the interactions is you either end up with the top 3 (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda) on the list or the bottom 3 (Red Veil, New Loka, Perrin Sequence).

Might choose to focus on one to start since there's a cost for each new rank and that might add up for a newer player.

Bobble on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I can't remember the specifics of the balancing act, but it's actually pretty easy to maintain Steel/Arbiters/Suda/Veil within Tier 4+5.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I can't remember the specifics of the balancing act, but it's actually pretty easy to maintain Steel/Arbiters/Suda/Veil within Tier 4+5.

That's once you have everything you need, there's no point in doing the balancing act other than to show off since avoiding the death squads isn't necessary once you've got some decent frames and weapons so they just become speed bumps.

steam_sig.png
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    When choosing a syndicate to join, keep in mind that they offer augment mods for different warframes. Augments are mods that can change how a warframe's powers work in fun ways. If you have a warframe who is far and away your favorite, considering joining a syndicate that offers their augment mods.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Did they change it so that companions that die no longer provide you with set bonuses?

I remember having the Helios Deconstructor around as a stat stick for my melee with Gladiator mods, but I was only getting a stack from Blood Rush last night while I was leveling railjack.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    never has We All Lift Together been a more valid ballad
    listen, treat life like you're a severed head in a box who will die instantly if anyone gets within 6 ft of you

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Steel Meridian is being repped, and Atomos is in the foundry. Along with some Excalibur parts and Mag comes out tomorrow.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Very first mission and it hard crashes to desktop.

I'll hop on tonight, probably, gotta get myself to do my taxes first

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Tried ground, CTD. Tried Railjack, CTD.

Tried to use the crash report tool, and it also crashed.

Well, it sounds cool.

As predicted ground is about 10x more popular than railjack.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I am into that Nova skin.

First hotfix is up. Among the fixes is a DX10 deferred rendering fix so it should help with those crashes.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i've been waiting for the Corinth Prime

hopefully it doesn't have much in the way of puncture but even if it did it probably wouldn't be a huge loss

9eu3mg8jqtrl.png

I'm never that good at these 'do tons of damage to a single target with a primary/secondary' missions. And my current gunblade is the sarpa - where status doesn't mean shit to these targets.

I really need to invest in building a redeemer prime or something.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I'm never that good at these 'do tons of damage to a single target with a primary/secondary' missions. And my current gunblade is the sarpa - where status doesn't mean shit to these targets.

I took one run out on the ground, and my fully forma'd Kuva Nukor was doing fantastic damage against the Condrix.

Granted, that's a 5-Forma Lich Gun, so not exactly a "Run out and grab it" option. I imagine any reasonably well-apportioned gun will get the job done, especially with a whole 4-man focus-firing on it.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »

I took one run out on the ground, and my fully forma'd Kuva Nukor was doing fantastic damage against the Condrix.

Granted, that's a 5-Forma Lich Gun, so not exactly a "Run out and grab it" option. I imagine any reasonably well-apportioned gun will get the job done, especially with a whole 4-man focus-firing on it.

Yeah.

No.

I don't have guns like that.

Okay I think I have my setup. Since the Navigator changes where hits don't rebound you, I've had good success using a Glaive Prime + Piercing Navigator. Just get up to the orb, spin the mouse to rotate the glaive around inside the ball, slice and dice.

• DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    My Acceltra worked pretty well at first, but eventually started eating ammo like crazy.

By the way, is there an advantage to going as high as possible in a single run? That is, does the point reward scale to enemy level?

Dakkareth wrote: »
    My Acceltra worked pretty well at first, but eventually started eating ammo like crazy.

By the way, is there an advantage to going as high as possible in a single run? That is, does the point reward scale to enemy level?

Doesn't seem like it.

I believe you do make more points the higher you go.

Extracting at 3 tends to net me about 90 points.

Extracting at 7-8 is about 540.

Extracting at 10 was 825.

This game keeps loading me into empty lobbies for Scarlet Spear like 75% of the time

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    This game keeps loading me into empty lobbies for Scarlet Spear like 75% of the time

Having the same issue, when i did get into one in progress we went on a murex raid but then never got any kill codes uploaded to us so we couldn't progress

After trying to use dashwires to get up to melee the eyeball, it seems that the eye constantly disgorges energy that'll knock you off of it, so that's a bummer.

Instead I picked up my heavy blade zaw and am just hucking it with Exodia Contagion. It's good times.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    My IRL guys were having decent to good success on the ground with Volt (for Crit buff Shields), Octavia (big Strength for big Amp bonus damage), Saryn (to keep the trash under control), and a fourth. Rhino, Mirage, kinda just trying things. We thought Harrow would have been a good choice for crit buffing, but it just didn't seem to work out; my buddy never attracted enough attention and bullet fire to charge up his 4 enough to be worth it.

It definitely appears that big Crit weapons are the way to go, given the Condiddlyectrix is status immune. I was using a tricked-out Tenora (117%/4.4x Crit with a Riven) that chipper-shredders the first handful of the oversized eyeballs.

We were seeing very respectable pace (1 kill per 2 minutes) up until around wave 10, and then the level scaling gets a bit bonkers and slows things down. Our last run was 13 waves in 30 minutes, and we evac'd out.

It will be interesting to see how DE tweaks things further, given they hotfixed already twice today.

I will say, I have one HUUUUUUGE complaint: If you're in a Flotilla that's off and cooking, and you drop a friend from your 4-man, you're almost certainly not going to be able to get another friend into the relay before some pub takes the last slot. We had to bounce around trying to find a relay that even could take a full 4-man, barring going to a relay that basically had zero progress. Kind of infuriating that the system is set up in such a way that it made it difficult for my 5-6 IRL friends to work out a team swap midway through.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Gara is a nice alternate 4th slot. 200k+ splinter shields help vaporize most of the sentients. And the 90% damage reduction doesn't hurt, either.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    We thought Harrow would have been a good choice for crit buffing, but it just didn't seem to work out; my buddy never attracted enough attention and bullet fire to charge up his 4 enough to be worth it.

I have a Harrow built for max ability strength.

Increases the minimum crit chance from Covenant to +25%, even if nobody takes a hit. :smile:

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Turns out my solution to the giant eyeball is the same solution to everything else.

Death. Pixie. Pistols.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I've arbitrarily started juicing up the Furax Wraith I had in my inventory, and something I'm trying to figure out is what the final clause on Amalgam Furax Body Count is actually doing. It says "melee kills knock down enemies within 20m", but as far as I can tell it's actually... making enemies emit white particles as though they're crying?

I'm assuming this is somehow a consequence of the melee overhaul(s) and possibly the more recent status changes, but it's very goofy.

Tactical potato talked a bit about Scarlet Spear
    https://youtu.be/rU1xx9ct7pU

so is scarlet spear worth doing at all? people on Reddit seem to REALLY hate it, but that's also Reddit

so is scarlet spear worth doing at all? people on Reddit seem to REALLY hate it, but that's also Reddit

There are two weapons, ie mastery (I think they're even pretty good weapons. But I don't have them so...). Getting the mastery for those guns is about 3x3 hour sessions if you're good. Then there are several arcanes, some of them really good and hard to get and you would have to spend a lot more time to get them if you were grinding them the ordinary way (by killing gantulysts and hydrolysts and pikachus and whatever).

So...the gameplay is grindy, but it's not hard and the rewards are there. You're not grinding for hats or anything.

There are two weapons, ie mastery (I think they're even pretty good weapons. But I don't have them so...). Getting the mastery for those guns is about 3x3 hour sessions if you're good. Then there are several arcanes, some of them really good and hard to get and you would have to spend a lot more time to get them if you were grinding them the ordinary way (by killing gantulysts and hydrolysts and pikachus and whatever).

So...the gameplay is grindy, but it's not hard and the rewards are there. You're not grinding for hats or anything.

Aiight, so, how do I get people to join my squad? I launched my RJ but got nobody. I'm set to Public. I can only do like... two Murex before my ship blows without buddies to slap duct tape on it.

• DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Interesting to know about that bonus credit, I guess that might work if you get a flotilla that gets a lot done? Not my experience so far.

Also the Space mission is apparently either seriously hard to solo, or I brought completely wrong loadouts the two times I tried. Solo because I couldn't join anyone else and no one else joined me.

If you're gonna do solo, do ground. Much, MUCH easier.

All this Exodia Contagioning makes me sad again that there aren't fist/sparring zaws. I'd love to throw punches and kicks at these losers.

This discussion has been closed.