As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quarantivity (or how to stay sane while working from home forever)

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    As I understand it, when you see a portent of doom, it's basically the universe giving you a courtesy call to let you know. You can't actually DO anything about it. If you try, that'll be the thing that ends up dooming you. Fate is funny (?) in that way.

...which is, always, when you eat that portent. Fuck the universe. Get steaks.

That was the one poisonous cow in the whole field, chortles the universe. Why did you eat it? Now you're dying of horrible poison. If you only you heeded our mysterious portent, troll lol lol.

...which is, always, when you fuck that portent. And the universe. And the steaks.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yes. Fuck that steak.

Don't fuck the cow, though. Kill it first. Don't be gross.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Well of course I’m a practicer of necowphilia

Who isnt

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Who isnt

Cowtholics

GDdCWMm.jpg
    They believe in the bovine

edited March 2020
    The bull, the calf, and the horny spirit

Captain Inertia on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I got stew meat at work today! And some giant russets! Plus all the other usual stew stuff. So it's stew night.

Beef meat?

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    yes

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm either making chili or stew this weekend. I haven't decided which yet. Hrrrmmmm.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    What about chew or stili

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Stew is for cowards. Make chili.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Kill some quarantine time with a sports commentator doing his best to stya nusy in these trying times.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/03/20/this-commentators-got-no-live-sport-left-so-hes-commentating-on-everyday-life-and-its-brilliant/

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Stew is for cowards. Make chili.

I have made chili with pork
    It was better than I thought and probably lead to making the pork taco thing we have every so often

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I made a giant pot of curry the other night. Gonna make a pot roast tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    There happened to be a 2 rib bone-in beef roast when I went to Safeway earlier, so I'm gonna prepare that tonight. And then eat it for the next few days while I shelter-in-place some more.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I am going to complete the proko figure drawing and anatomy courses that I paid for but never completed.

I may try to follow along with a Bob Ross episode.

I'm going to make bread until I'm good at making bread. I may try making a cake from scratch as well. I have always used a box-mix like a scrub.

Also a looooot of Animal Crossing.

Oh hey @Taya I know i'm late to the party here but how are you liking the Proko classes? I'm currently working my way through Draw A Box, but was thinking of trying the Proko figure drawing one after I finish that.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I bought a PS4 a few weeks ago and I've gotten in to Horizon Zero Dawn big time.

It's so so good.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    I am going to complete the proko figure drawing and anatomy courses that I paid for but never completed.

I may try to follow along with a Bob Ross episode.

I'm going to make bread until I'm good at making bread. I may try making a cake from scratch as well. I have always used a box-mix like a scrub.

Also a looooot of Animal Crossing.

Oh hey @Taya I know i'm late to the party here but how are you liking the Proko classes? I'm currently working my way through Draw A Box, but was thinking of trying the Proko figure drawing one after I finish that.

I like the proko courses although I always quit before I reach the end. He is good at starting you off with achievable tasks and gradually adding to them and he does a lot of demonstrations and critique videos. If you do the lessons and stick with it, I’m sure you would improve a lot. I also tried draw a box, but I quit a few lessons in. I am bad at sticking to courses, including ones I paid money for.

I’ve redone the gesture lesson and the bean lesson and I’ve been practicing in my sketchbook. I’m moving on the next lesson tomorrow.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    I bought a PS4 a few weeks ago and I've gotten in to Horizon Zero Dawn big time.

It's so so good.

Boy, what a time to play that game

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Being stuck at home made my partner aware that our new reclaimed wood sideboard actually has an infestation of wood beetles in it, which sucks. Our options are to throw it away, take care of it ourselves, or pay a service over a grand to fumigate it for us (no way in hell). We dragged it outside today after the rain stopped and I hosed it in pesticide inside and out and now it's wrapped in a tarp to keep the next rain off it while those little bastards die slowly inside.

Thankfully they didn't get into the rest of the house.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

It's so so good.

Yeah, it was a friend's review and adoration that finally got me to go ahead and get a PS4. Really a fun game.
    It's no Black Flag, but it's pretty all right.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

It's so so good.

Yeah, it was a friend's review and adoration that finally got me to go ahead and get a PS4. Really a fun game.
    It's no Black Flag, but it's pretty all right.

I'm super excited for the PC version. Give me all the FPS.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

It's so so good.

Boy, what a time to play that game

it's fine

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Our friggin' PM continues to just flip-flop around like a brainless fish instead of making consistent decisions about closures here

which is actually making my days significantly less productive on both a work and personal level than they used to be and would otherwise be if he'd just bloody commit to something

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    My lawn's getting pretty overgrown, so I thought I might go out and get some fresh air and exercise by mowing for the first time this spring.

Turns out that everything's still soaked from last week's rain. So I just picked up sticks and branches for twenty minutes.

That seems like about enough productivity for one day. Time for beer and grilled cheese.

You can mow wet grass. Just makes the catch bag heavier.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    As I understand it, when you see a portent of doom, it's basically the universe giving you a courtesy call to let you know. You can't actually DO anything about it. If you try, that'll be the thing that ends up dooming you. Fate is funny (?) in that way.

This is why I always thought Oedipus was dumb as shit. Like, dude, I know you think you know who your parents are, but maybe avoid killing/marrying anyone in that age bracket just to be safe?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Ok, you recall how I mentioned I'd gotten into Taskmaster? What do you mean no? Of course you do!

Well, given the world pandemic, they've started the home version!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQ32Vahb1E

First task is up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJCKtyz47E

Results are in

https://youtu.be/z0-C5GH_yxU

This is a neat idea. Taskmaster's perfect for this because its whole thing is being low budget and a bit shoddy so it's ideal for people to do in their homes.

My lawn's getting pretty overgrown, so I thought I might go out and get some fresh air and exercise by mowing for the first time this spring.

Turns out that everything's still soaked from last week's rain. So I just picked up sticks and branches for twenty minutes.

That seems like about enough productivity for one day. Time for beer and grilled cheese.

You can mow wet grass. Just makes the catch bag heavier.

Well it might also leave giant troughs and mud holes from the mower and my fat feet splooshing around out there

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Are giant troughs and mudholes in your lawn not desirable

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Beats dandelions

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to need to go to the grocery store today, or perhaps tomorrow. And I'm dreading it honestly.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

This is why I always thought Oedipus was dumb as shit. Like, dude, I know you think you know who your parents are, but maybe avoid killing/marrying anyone in that age bracket just to be safe?

Yeah but if I was 25 and met a 45 year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones?

I mean...

I mean......

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    J-Lo

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I was going to mention the Taskmaster home tasks as well.

And if you dont know what Taskmaster is, they have the full first four seasons up on their youtube channel for free:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT5C7yaO3RVuOgwP8JVAujQ/playlists

Its now my favorite British Telly show since it has a bunch of creativity and they spend a good deal of time roasting each other and having fun. Each season is 6/5/5/8 episodes!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ive mostly just been doing things that I had planned already.

Im trying to drink more water and eat healthier.
    I want to exercise every day. Outdoors if the weather is nice to take advantage of sunlight.
    Im trying to control my caffeine intake so that Im alert but not overdoing it.
    Im cooking way more. And planning ahead so I know my next meal and weather it is cooking or leftovers.
    Im trying to take better inventory of what I have. Im worried I might run out of soap and toliet paper and I dont want to be in this situation ever again.
    Im trying to manage my time better. I think I need to start writing things down so I can keep better track of the tasks I am doing and not forget what I still need to do. Ive had it already where I wanted to do stuff on the weekends and then get nothing accomplished because I dont feel good.

And I want to start a creative project. But im not sure what or how yet. Which is why im trying to get healthier because my brain hasnt been working the way it used to. All the above is to reach this one and to do it well.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I was going to mention the Taskmaster home tasks as well.

And if you dont know what Taskmaster is, they have the full first four seasons up on their youtube channel for free:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT5C7yaO3RVuOgwP8JVAujQ/playlists

Its now my favorite British Telly show since it has a bunch of creativity and they spend a good deal of time roasting each other and having fun. Each season is 6/5/5/8 episodes!

Also, Greg Davies is a ledge

https://youtu.be/yuXGpUR7fXA

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

A glimpse of light in these dark times. What we're doing is having a measurable effect.