As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaGame] Aegon's Conquest - A Throne of Dragon Skulls (Targaryen and Night's Watch Win)

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Cello, come get salty!

The problem with the salt is I can't just continually yell QUEEN IN THE NORTH

What's your competing pitch

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Cello, come get salty!

The problem with the salt is I can't just continually yell QUEEN IN THE NORTH

What's your competing pitch

I mean, you can, but you gotta at least be trying to earn it if you go that route.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    it’s my understanding that house hoare’s words are the full lyrics to the Downeaster Alexa? is that correct?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I actually really like that song. I'm being completely unironic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVlDSzbrH5M

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I think I proved not knowing anything by doing the !signup wrong

No worries, any particular placement you would like?

How much do I need to know to be a Lord (of the Starks)

Otherwise I suppose I could be Zonugal's heir

Lords make alliances & trades, coordinate resources, and conduct intrigues to deny their opponents gold.

Heirs are a sampler platter of actions from the other 3 roles, augmented by the bloodlines your Maester sets up for you.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Starting map, traced up quick and dirty in Illustrator .
    51p9dsja5c6v.png

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    It's interesting to me how the strongholds are laid out differently for certain factions:
    • Durrandon, Lannister, and Targaryen's strongholds are in clusters where each is adjacent to both of the others
    • Gardener, Hoare, and Stark's are each in a contiguous line of territories
    • Arryn and Martell are the only houses with a stronghold that is not adjacent to either of the other two.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    it’s my understanding that house hoare’s words are the full lyrics to the Downeaster Alexa? is that correct?

So does that mean this is House Durrandon's theme?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8GW1GaoIc

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

Lords make alliances & trades, coordinate resources, and conduct intrigues to deny their opponents gold.

Heirs are a sampler platter of actions from the other 3 roles, augmented by the bloodlines your Maester sets up for you.

Hmmm, sounds like a lot of work

Zonugal, I'll be your heir specifically so I can betray you down the line and take the throne, and heckle you until that point

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Man, we need a Stark Lord so I can get on politely telling them that I'm breaking our alliance.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Winterfell is currently an anarchosyndicist commune in which we each take turn being an executive of the week however each executive's actions must be ratified by majority vote in a special council. This week is currently being executed by the head of the Bolton clan, please address any grievances to the gentleman with the unnerving smile under the flayed man banner.

I guess it must have been missed from a couple days ago, probably should have formatted it correctly !Lord Stark. This was a toss of the die result, if someone actually wants Lord I am more than willing to swap.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Stay with us, my liege!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Hmmm, sounds like a lot of work

Zonugal, I'll be your heir specifically so I can betray you down the line and take the throne, and heckle you until that point

A true Greyjoy...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Co-host Austin has worked up a version of the map that includes legends so people can tell which house is where, as well as a preview of your army tokens. Praise the Austin, fear them and their editing skills.

Map post has been updated.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ser Floosevelt pointed out to me that the Iron Islands reach waaaay down south into Gardner territory and I have a new appreciation for the shenanigans House Hoare is able to get up to.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Does 1 spot still remain or is the OP out of date?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Does 1 spot still remain or is the OP out of date?

I need to double check with some parties, but currently, I would say it does

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    There is still one spot remaining, yes.

• Options
    I would like to take the last spot, then

Steam
  • Options
    Any preference on where you would like to be?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Nope, wherever works

Steam
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    All righty

geth, roll 1d3

geth, roll 1d2

(Results will be slotted after I'm back from the store)

+ 1d2:
    1d3 2 [1d3=2]

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I don't really know what I'm doing, so I suppose I'll have to Heir on the side of caution.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So when does this begin?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    After the Phalla @jdarksun

• Options
    When the final Targaryen comes and claims their place. Should we not hear from them by tomorrow, we will require one more.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Do we have a Commander of the Night's Watch?

Also is turn 1 summer or winter?

• Options
    FlounderOfThe12FlounderOfThe12 Registered User regular
    Can one of the other Maesters set up a group chat for us all? We need it for three out of the four steps of our turn.

The ravens will fly far and wide.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Turn 1 starts in Summer

Edit: or winter. Haha, I forgot the Targaryens decide!

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    There was an interest in Commander of the Night's Watch, but I haven't heard from them in a bit (This trying time makes things difficult for folx, on top of normal life stresses) Night's Watch Commander is a unique role, but also a difficult play and not 100% necessary to the game functioning. If someone wanted to try their hand at it, I would absolutely let them. Otherwise, we need a Targy Maester way more to kick this thing off.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Rules clarification question for knights: each house performs ALL its army actions during their banner order turn, or each house takes turns, in banner order, performing one action until no houses have any armies with remaining actions?

assuming the former but with the GoT board game operating the latter way I just wanted to make sure

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    If there's still space for me, I would be happy to hop in. I would be okay with being the knight's watch commander if you're okay with me playing it very poorly.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Citadel
    Can one of the other Maesters set up a group chat for us all? We need it for three out of the four steps of our turn.

I was thinking we should do this as well.

Is everyone fine with Discord?

https://discord.gg/5TnfBBk

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Citadel

You might not want to post the link publicly. Not sure what the rules are about other roles being able to see the Maester chat.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Rules clarification question for knights: each house performs ALL its army actions during their banner order turn, or each house takes turns, in banner order, performing one action until no houses have any armies with remaining actions?

assuming the former but with the GoT board game operating the latter way I just wanted to make sure

Per the rules, each step of the Knight's turn is completed in Banner Order. Based on my reading, this means that you would have all of the house's armies move before moving onto the next, as well all army actions being performed before the next house's army acts.

You want to get ahead of your opponents? Have your Maester forge the right the links and lobby for your house to act earlier/first in the Conspiracy phase, maybe flip the Season order if you want to be spicy.

Gizzy and SlyM will be slotted into the final 2 slots unless I hear back from my ringers in the next 4 hours. Anyone inquiring afterwards will be reserves.

If the maesters decide not to do the discord, the hosts can provide them with a board that has all the necessary permissions in place. PM us for details.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Citadel

You might not want to post the link publicly. Not sure what the rules are about other roles being able to see the Maester chat.

The Commander of the Night's Watch needs to be able to access the Citadel if they choose, as well as heirs.

We can set up a private Maester-only room in the server (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

• Options
    So as an heir, should I join that channel?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    So as an heir, should I join that channel?

.... sounded like it, so I'm gonna join!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Teehee, "Kingswood".

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.