As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Here's a tip: Sometimes, if you're trying to find something on the website and not having much luck, try just Googling it instead. Often the Marvel Unlimited content will be one of the first results.

Like so:

gNY73AXl.jpg

• Options
    Hey, you like Judge Dredd? Of course you do. Here's some free Judge Dredd comics:

JUDGE DREDD CASE FILES 05: THE LAW AT WAR!
    WRITERSALAN GRANT & JOHN WAGNERARTISTSBARRY MITCHELL, BRIAN BOLLAND, CARLOS EZQUERRA, COLIN WILSON, IAN GIBSON, JOHN COOPER, MIKE MCMAHON, RON SMITH & STEVE DILLONLETTERERTOM FRAME

Judge Dredd rides into action in this fifth volume collecting together some of his most exciting cases. Arch-nemesis Judge Death rises from the grave once again in 'Judge Death Lives', citizen is pitted against citizen in 'Block Mania' and the apocalypse comes to Mega-City One in the all-time classic Dredd epic, 'The Apocalypse War'.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Block Mania and The Apocalypse War are incredible stories with amazing art.

qii1uxtw5aks.jpg

6ahyltwsh09x.jpg

It's the story that allegedly turned Mike MacMahon off any story with crowd scenes because he drew so many. They're superb, though.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So what exactly does the diamond distribution mean in the future, when they come back are they just going to have a backlog of comics to ship out? Do you think they'd do it all at once, or do a staggered release until they're all caught up. I can't imagine Marvel just stops making new comics, but I guess they're going to be digital only? I asked my local comic book shop guy and he wasn't super sure what would happen. I'm not sure if I wasn't asking the right questions or what, no new physical comics this next Wednesday right but digital comics are still coming?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    UxmgzLc.jpg
    ce5B8bm.jpg

Bandai's gonna not only release a figure based on Toei's Spider-Man in August but they'll also be releasing a set in September that'll have a transformable Leopardon, a mini-Spidey with Spider-Machine and for the first time a wearable copy of the Spider-Bracelet, the device which both transforms Takuya Yamashiro into Spider-Man and summons Leopardon.

This is fantastic news.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    So what exactly does the diamond distribution mean in the future, when they come back are they just going to have a backlog of comics to ship out? Do you think they'd do it all at once, or do a staggered release until they're all caught up. I can't imagine Marvel just stops making new comics, but I guess they're going to be digital only? I asked my local comic book shop guy and he wasn't super sure what would happen. I'm not sure if I wasn't asking the right questions or what, no new physical comics this next Wednesday right but digital comics are still coming?

As far as I can tell, Marvel hasn't made a statement. It's going to be hell on local stores if Marvel goes ahead and releases stuff digitally.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

The final piece of MUA3 DLC has released, it's a post-game story where you fight against Doctor Doom alongside the F4.
    In the patch released along with it, you also are able to try out part of the new campaign for free, along with new limited-time event content, a higher level cap, and new unlockable costumes and voice lines.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I know it's just a quirk of that figure's mobility but good lord does that mold make it look like Spider-Man is packing.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I know it's just a quirk of that figure's mobility but good lord does that mold make it look like Spider-Man is packing.

732ts1e16pjf.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Pete looking to show off the ol’ web-shooter.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    He does look mid-crotch chop. Probably a fan of D-Generation X growing up.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've finished my full rewatch of X-Men Evolution, after putting off the finale for a couple of weeks.

Still the best adaptation of the X-Men, honestly by a fairly significant margin. There's a lot to like in the movies and in The Gifted and in the Wolverine and the X-Men show, but Evolution is a big part of the reason I fell in love with the X-Men, and it does such a good job with their soapy nonsense.

The fourth season is still the worst, but the finale was a lot better than I remembered it being. The little montage at the end of potential paths for the show to take for a fifth season that will never happen is both delightful and heartbreaking - I would love to see a version of the New Mutants or the Dark Phoenix Saga, even if I don't entirely know how successful the show would have been at doing them.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Probably gonna be later than that

So far Dark Horse is the first publisher to confirm but they are freezing all releases until Diamond is back, not even digital releases.

Marvel has said they are working on a "large scale solution" but specified it is with Diamond so I am skeptical they aren't gonna do the damn thing and cut them out

Either way, comics ain't coming out for a few months at least

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    is freezing digital releases to appease comic shops?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah it's weird to single out Champions there when literally everything is going to be delayed at least 3 weeks

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

It may be less "appease" and more "try not to murder"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »

1000000%

A retailer in California responded to an interview saying HEY THEY SHOULD STILL DO DIGITAL AND MAYBE DO A COMBO WHERE THEY PROVIDE A VOUCHER FOR A PHYSICAL COPY WHEN SHIT SETTLES and he immediately got dogpiled by dozens of other shop owners

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    freezing digital releases is a level of compassion i genuinely did not expect from...any of the large companies, honestly

• Options
    I would...wait to see if Marvel or DC do, honestly

Dark Horse is pretty tiny, ultimately

DC just confirmed that their OGNs will continue to get distributed to bookstores as they go through Random House, not Diamond

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Donny Cates. DC.

What ever happened to this reference? Or was this a one time thing?

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    One time thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I suspect people have bigger things to think/care about right now than one comic writer being a troll.

• Options
    Its also like less of a troll and more the latest in a billion similar things like when Morrison made the jobber super team in JLA Classified very obvious Avengers expys

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I suspect people have bigger things to think/care about right now than one comic writer being a troll.

Yeah, buddy. That's more or less why we're posting in the comic book thread of a webcomic forum right now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Its also like less of a troll and more the latest in a billion similar things like when Morrison made the jobber super team in JLA Classified very obvious Avengers expys

Writers at both companies do this kinda thing a bunch.

• Options
    i should not be engaging in this thread right now. sorry.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »

Writers at both companies do this kinda thing a bunch.

Yeah, like when Quasar raced Barry Allen Buried Alien, the Fastest Man Alive!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    if you can't murder the cast of the competitions comics in an offhanded injoke what good are they

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    i should not be engaging in this thread right now. sorry.

Nah, I'm sorry. I know you're good people, and that was a shitty thing for me to say.

Stay okay out there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    That tweet has, IMO, aged poorly (and was never great to begin with).
    Here's what I read:
    A world cries out in fear, praying, begging for someone to save them.
    Heroes - ones you know - try.
    Heroes fail. Heroes die.
    Hope dies.
    Everything dies, in fear and darkness.
    No one is saved. No one.

"lol did I say that? I never said that. I don't know what you're talking about lololololo"

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Pete looking to show off the ol’ web-shooter.

Smh, how dare you besmirch Takuya's name

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Here's what I read:
    Heroes fail. Heroes die.
    Hope dies.
    No one is saved. No one.

"lol did I say that? I never said that. I don't know what you're talking about lololololo"

That's a pretty common trope in superhero comics. A hero/team/world/universe/whatever is destroyed to show the badassery of the villain.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Here's what I read:
    Heroes fail. Heroes die.
    Hope dies.
    No one is saved. No one.

That's a pretty common trope in superhero comics. A hero/team/world/universe/whatever is destroyed to show the badassery of the villain.

I mean, last time it was actually our heroes that murdered the Justice League.

• Options
    RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    Here's what I read:
    Heroes fail. Heroes die.
    Hope dies.
    No one is saved. No one.

It's basically why Alpha Flight exists.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    RELtastic wrote: »
    Here's what I read:
    Heroes fail. Heroes die.
    Hope dies.
    No one is saved. No one.

It's basically why Alpha Flight exists.

I loved that part in Immortal Hulk where Puck talks about how since Alpha Flight gets murdered every Tuesday, the members quickly learn not to get hung up on mourning a teammate's death unless they're absolutely positively for realsies certain they won't be back by next week.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I finally sat down and watched Dark Phoenix.

It wasn't half as bad as I'd been led to believe. Like, it has a lot of issues, pretty much any of the issues that are endemic to the X-Men movies or to superhero movies as a whole are present there.

But I still also found a lot to like about it? I like the X kids (well, X twenty somethings here) still, and I wish they got to be as much of the focus as they deserve to be.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i told you greg!!!

the baby x-men get shitty on jungle juice in the woods!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    That scene kicked ass yes

I had somehow managed to not hear/forget that
    Dazzler was gonna be in this movie

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the only bad bits, to me were mystique and the pretty hastily slapped together third act (even if it had some pretty damn neat action beats)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.