As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the empty arena wrestling thread

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

This unprecedented offering to WWE fans worldwide includes each epic installment to date of WrestleMania, plus, every Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series event; every NXT TakeOver and NXT UK TakeOver; and groundbreaking originals such as the entire WWE 24 docuseries, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions interview show, the recent five-episode hit, WWE Ruthless Aggression, and its 20-episode predecessor, The Monday Night War series.

Also included:

Recent episodes of Monday Night Raw
    Recent episodes of Friday Night SmackDown
    Every episode of WWE Untold
    A Future WWE: The FCW Story
    Much, much more

Doesn't include this year's Mania, still have to be a paying subscriber for that

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Awesomed for deploying Dafoe.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    NXT's recap show going into Mania weekend was a pretty clever solution. They have years of footage that the USA Network viewers haven't had access to. WWE's video packages are the one constant high quality aspect of their shows and editing videos can be done from home or at the very least in social isolation at an office. Hell the talking head bits seemed to be mostly pre-taped often in the cavernous void of the Performance Center and the backstage netherverse populated entirely by Finn Balor and some production equipment.

It was also neat for anyone who hasn't been following the Gargano/Ciampa saga on the Network. Anyone who started watching NXT with its debut on USA just got brought up to speed of like four years worth of story in about an hour.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I'm posting the link here, but go watch this on Youtube, and like the video, and subscribe to the channel, and leave positive comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rUAeitwfo

This was really fun to be a part of. I don't know when we'll get to do another show, but it was cool to do something before the UK started being put on lockdown.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Maybe Tony Khan's benevolence is all fake, but I'll take his possibly fake natured but definitively good benevolence over WWE's very definitely fake and very definitely self interested "philanthropy"

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Can Vice hurry up and release ep 4 of dark side of the ring season 2? It's on the brawl for all and I could do with cheering up right now.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Just a documentary featuring Bradshaw getting knocked out from different angles for an hour.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy season 1 on Amazon this weekend

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Just a documentary featuring Bradshaw getting knocked out from different angles for an hour.

Fuck yeah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JOEYxwwbk

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

I guess I haven't seen Bart Gunn since I was a young lad and didn't realize how fucking big he was. I had it in my head that he was a small boi but nope!

Also I've been listening to the AEW podcast, and in their episode with Billy Gunn, he once again claimed that he's seen Bart clear out 15 guys in a bar brawl before. Apparently during one brawl he only stopped when he got shivved with a broken beer bottle.

He also told JR that if Bart was in it he'd win the whole thing and it was a bad idea if he wanted to put Dr Death over.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    i always thought bart gunn was the one who figured out "most punches thrown in a round" is a terrible metric and spent his matches just THROWING haymakers, but that may have been someone else

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    i always thought bart gunn was the one who figured out "most punches thrown in a round" is a terrible metric and spent his matches just THROWING haymakers, but that may have been someone else

Billy said in his interview with Austin recently that Bart still wants a rematch with Butterbean, because they trained him to box appropriately and that's what he tried to do, and got his ass kicked. Whereas when he looks at the tape, he thinks (I'm avoiding "realizes" because I'm not a boxing expert and am not sure this is correct) if he had just kept to haymaker throwing like he had been, that it would have maybe worked.

This is maybe the more frustrating part of the Bart Gunn saga is that we can all agree that Vince fucked Bart Gunn with the Butterbean nonsense, but simultaneously Bart legitimately believes he could have won.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just finished AEW Dark. I wish they could find a good permanent tag partner for Sonny Kiss - he's really great in that format. I remember months ago he tagged with Dustin and it was a fun match and this week with Janela was good.

Holy fuck I just got around to watching the OSW king of the ring review. The facebook submissions for What Bar is Jerry Lawler? Incredible.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Advertised for tonight's Dynamite:

Brodie Lee's AEW debut match
    Kenny Omega defends the AAA Mega title against Sammy Guevara
    Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr and Fenix) vs Best Friends (Trent Beretta and Chuck Taylor) in a parking lot street fight
    Wardlow vs Luchasaurus in a lumberjack match
    Cody vs Jimmy Havoc
    "DAMASCUS" Matt Hardy confronts Chris Jericho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVRXSL9lFU

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dang that’s a great lineup

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

I don't remember that, but I do remember someone (Severn, I think?) just spamming takedowns to run up his score.

Most punches landed in a round was two points, while takedowns were one point each, so he built an insurmountable lead that way.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Just finished AEW Dark. I wish they could find a good permanent tag partner for Sonny Kiss - he's really great in that format. I remember months ago he tagged with Dustin and it was a fun match and this week with Janela was good.

Kiss and Janela make a very good team, and they have a definite odd couple vibe to them.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

I don't remember that, but I do remember someone (Severn, I think?) just spamming takedowns to run up his score.

Most punches landed in a round was two points, while takedowns were one point each, so he built an insurmountable lead that way.

That's what I'm thinking of then, which makes sense because Severn was a legit UFC guy and knew the Brawl For All rules were trash

Dex Dynamo on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I guess they couldn’t get enough wrestlers willing to travel for us to have a crowd this time.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I think some of the lineup isn't going to happen/is being saved for the Blood and Guts ep

Which, I hope the lumberjack match is part of because the less people the better/safer right now, if you're going to hold these shows at all

Lasbrook wrote: »
    I guess they couldn’t get enough wrestlers willing to travel for us to have a crowd this time.

Last week the guideline was no crowds of more than 30. This week it's no crowds of more than 10.

It's also why they postponed Blood & Guts; that's 11 people in the ring alone.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah but I thought Florida didn’t give a shit?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yeah but I thought Florida didn’t give a shit?

It depends on the county rules. The state as a whole doesn't

The fuck

They are feeding Hagar

Really?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Brodie Lee cutting a promo while eating steak is great.

Apparently he believes in Cody's rule. Daddy eats first.

Wait so is Dark Order just WWE and Brodie is Vince?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    God I love this Lucha Underground shit they're doing, first with Archer and now Brodie Lee's uncomfortable dinner

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Wait so is Dark Order just WWE and Brodie is Vince?

This was the thought my friend and I were having

Making the ultimate evil of your wrestling federation's character be Vince is hilarious

And then the Dark Order constantly recruiting talent, no matter how well or poorly skilled, definitely makes them the WWE

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Oh my god, Brodie Lee's gimmick is every dirt sheet story about Vince McMahon.

xderwsaxganu.png
    I love that Brodie is using the same setup for his finish that Bray Wyatt does. Clearly he learned a lot about how to lead a cult from following Bray.

xderwsaxganu.png
    I’m sorry I WILL NOT tolerate Cody’s disapproval of Benjamin Sisko

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    You know that AEW’s running with a lighter crew when Brodie Lee only gets one spooky pervert hanging out with him.

This discussion has been closed.