As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Enna kiros - earth magic
    Zidane - wind thief
    Yda - fire monk

New stuff! Zidane should be useful fairly soonish.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Zidane's is awesome in combo with his LM2 and USB2

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    1/11 cloud aasb

not the best since he's already got break limit 9, but i'll take it after a pretty disastrous pre-fest windup aside from shelke's chain.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    1/11 cloud aasb

not the best since he's already got break limit 9, but i'll take it after a pretty disastrous pre-fest windup aside from shelke's chain.

His Awakening served me well vs Titan. Dualcasting is always nice, and the Awakening Mode is tailor made to recast his USB1 (after 3 turns, you get a chunk of meter back and 1 instant turn).

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    1/11 Deuce AASB
    In a vacuum it's pretty good, but the rest of her kit is extremely non-competitive (at least the stuff I have access to), which makes it hard for me to see where she fits on a team.

This has not been a very good set of parade and lucky draws for me. I think the best thing I got was Tifa USB2, and that's lensable.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    2/11, Rikku and Xezat

Both are new, so hard to complain. I have a bunch of stuff for Rikku, including her chain, so this is pretty useful with her. Xezat isn't really good for 6* magicite but I can probably pair him with Galuf Chain and Dorgann USB for a strong V-realm earth team. Just need something for Kelger and I'm set.

Edit: Oof Xezat's LM2 is terrible. Restoring ability uses? In the age of Awakenings? Pfft.

rattletrap on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Got two disco balls on the awakening draw, so that's a good sign!

The first one is a bow, and I don't remember weapon icons very well so this concerns me, as I have already gotten Rosa's awakening twice. However it turns out to be Fran's Awakening, marking my second ever soul break relic for her (my first soul break relic ever was her unique, in all this time I haven't pulled anything else for her) which is a pretty nice ice element one.

The second one is a gunblade, so either Squall or Seifer as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure it looks different from Seifer's that I got a while back. And it is indeed Squall's, another pretty nice ice element one, and probably works well with the various other things I have for him like his old burst that had the buildup mechanic, his bravery ultra and his arcane overstrike.

So that's pretty neat. I also have Celes' awakening that gives her not quite an aura for both ice and holy, so presumably I should be able to take on ice weak stuff fairly well now. Also a much better result than the arcane overstrike banner where I somehow managed to get only one, that was for a white mage. I didn't even know that white mages had arcane overstrikes!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Eh just a 1/11, but yda does seem quite good at least.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Free gift time, good luck all

1/11. Curilla. LMR1. Dupe.

This is basically DeNA teabagging me, isn't it?

Ah well, free is free. The pick is, hmmm. Best bet is Ingus for AASB and AOSB, but I have some Earth options already. Squall would just be for AASB, but that's pretty much my only other option unless I choose based on AOSBs. Bleh.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Great free gift here:

Zack AASB, Fang AOSB, Cyan USB (retaliate, crit damage and enfire!) and Seifer Glint for imperils.

Having a hard time deciding between Squall and Ingus for the gift, they're the only new AASB's for me and I do need both Earth and Ice still. My physical Ice AASB's are Noel/Fran/Ayame, Fran can't refresh EnIce and Noel can only do it with his BSB (that I don't have), plus he doesn't have a doublecast materia. My physical Earth AASB's are Tifa and Bartz which is a similar situation where Bartz can only refresh with his BSB which I also don't have yet.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    AASB Lucky Draw:
    TG Cid (In a vacuum this is great, in 6* Magicite it's useless without a lot of other relics, and this messes up my AASB gift and select math something fierce)
    Larsa (Mr. Astra himself. He has a niche, but he's good at it.)

Present 11 draw:
    Rydia OSB meh, could be niche
    Jecht Fire USB decent for a USB

• Options
    Do remember that we’ve got a lot of anniversary before the free gift selection closes. Might be good to wait on that, in cas you get one one of those items or something that outpaces them.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Do remember that we’ve got a lot of anniversary before the free gift selection closes. Might be good to wait on that, in cas you get one one of those items or something that outpaces them.

I always leave my selections to the last possible moment, just in case something changes in the intervening time. Right now that's probably after we get all 10 tickets for the 5th Anniversary Special Draw, which is in 9 days.
    Upcoming free draws of many kinds:

We're getting a free 11 draw with G5, after which you can select a set of AASB/AOSB/LMR.

We're getting a login bonus with 5 tickets over 9 days for a special banner with 10 draws with G6, and up to 5 extra tickets depending on how long you've played the game (1/300/700/1200/1700 days). JP got an 11th ticket for some tie-in internet campaign, but I doubt we get that, per normal.

We're getting a normal 14 item banner which, if you draw twice on it, you can select a free AASB. (So not technically free, but guaranteed anything is pretty good).

If you're like me and haven't gotten anything helpful, there's still more opportunities for Chains/G+/AASB/etc.

Personally I'm going to do the free 11 draw, wait to do the 10 special ticket draws all at once, then my two draws on the AASB select, select my set of 3, and finish with my AASB select.

• Options
    Gift banner
    WoL:bUSB - not going to cut it in my magicite teams but my I realm is rather lacking so it's a good step forward there.

Cloud USB(dark heavy)- this seems really good! Makes going dark a good prospect for VII and my physical dark needs some help.

Balthier LMR(start entire) - Seems fine, but personal Balthier tech is a little weak.

Top prospects for the set right now are: Sephiroth, TGCid and Terra.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Gift banner: 2/11, Wol BUSB, Galuf USB (imperil earth). The only set I don't have dupes on is Ingus's so that was an easy pick. Lots of earth stuff.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Sigh, turns out the cloud aasb I got was the dark one. Extremely cruel game.

Also didn’t get anything better than trash ultras from all of my draws this morning. This fest is trying so so hard to get me to quit. I’ve never had a pre fest with this many pulls not even pull more than one mediocre relic.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ticket Draw:
    2/10
    Larsa USB Dupe
    Luneth OSB DragonLance. I loved those books.

1/10
    Tyro USB dupe I'd have a 10 star version of this by now.

1/10
    LOL Barret USB dupe

1/10
    Gogo V CSSB okay! I think I have 6 water chains now. Is this better than Strago? Who knows?

4/10
    P Cecil AASB!!!
    Leon AOSB
    Lenna USB (different from my other one, still not instant cast because I guess the game hates Lenna?)
    TG CID OSB Dupe

Present Draw:
    1/10
    Noel Arcane

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Lol. Free draw got me Balthier’s dualcast LMR (dupe) and Shadow’s Blink-Chance-on-Ninja LMR.

Well, you get what you pay for. If nothing else, that Shadow LMR may be useful for use with the eventual 6-star Dark Ninja ability; it would allow him to spam Stitch In Time for quick meter while maybe building Blinks for later.

• Options
    Anniversary Draws:
    1- Zidane AASB (dupe from yesterday) Master AOSB Zell dual monk Materia. I guess I said I needed 1 tech... well Zell's materia looks good atleast
    2- Sabin AOSB, Meia AOSB (dupe), Larsa LMR, March BSB - meh
    3-Serah Glint+(!), Morrow USB (who?), Panelo USB (seems good), Krile AOSB (dupe), Angeal LMR - Lot of stuff all over the board on quality
    4- Ultimicia bUSB Might be useful
    5-Vaan AASB (Nice), Refia AOSB, March USB - Not sure where to use this stuff but sure

Focused Relic (no dupes so no real question)
    1-Terra LMR Neat, Bartz LMR Neat
    2-Tyro USB[crit], Rufus USB (well guess I'm going dark in VII), Faris LMR

Nothing game changing, but some good pick ups there.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Free draws were holy shit level godawful.

Present draw:
    1/11 - Firion glint.

Almost certain taking Squall's AASB, because I have all the AASBs except his and Terra's, and I have no gen2 magic fire chain, but lots of physical ice stuff.

5 Ticket draws:
    6/50
    Steiner CSB
    Sice USB
    Lightning BUSB dupe
    Vaan AOSB dupe
    Tifa AASB dupe
    Wakka BSB dupe

Ugh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ticket draws:
    Vayne BUSB
    Luneth AOSB (dupe)
    Cloud AOSB2 (dupe, +dark sword)
    Lenna G+ (dupe), Arc LMR (en-water)
    Reno AOSB (+lightning rod)

Not super amazing, but the new ones were all usable at the very least, and Vayne and Reno are hybrids that work anywhere so that's actually pretty good.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Realm chains are going to be more important going forward at least?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Uuugh, it's a long way to next Thursday for more draws.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Anniversary Draws:
    1- Zidane AASB (dupe from yesterday) Master AOSB Zell dual monk Materia. I guess I said I needed 1 tech... well Zell's materia looks good atleast
    3-Serah Glint+(!), Morrow USB (who?), Panelo USB (seems good), Krile AOSB (dupe), Angeal LMR - Lot of stuff all over the board on quality
    5-Vaan AASB (Nice), Refia AOSB, March USB - Not sure where to use this stuff but sure

What? Tyro USB4 is pretty awesome. I'd say it is his most important relic after USB3.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Maybe you're on to something @38thDoe

Today's pulls:

Zell USB
    Fujin AOSB
    Krile USB Earth
    Dupe Garland AASB
    Desch's Glint
    Gladio AASB!!!!

Another Earth AASB! And on a guy with a Last Stand SSB + En Earth USB. Dammit, this makes the AASB select and Free set choice even more difficult. At least I now have competent Earth tech to do some real attempts on Ramuh.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Btw, the next level of PowerCreep.

LIMIT GLINT! This one is actually pretty awesome! Grants EnEle to the whole party!

• Options
    Present draw: 3/11 all disco
    Dupe Bartz usb1
    Arc USB2, I think? Enwater and Chase
    PCecil bUSB

Ticket 1: 2/10 both disco
    Dupe Tidus Arcane
    Angeal USB, which doesn't look awful?

Ticket 2: 2/10 one disco
    Dorgann enEarth LMR
    Shantotto arcane

Ticket 3: 1/10
    WoI bUSB

Ticket 4: 1/10
    Rem enHoly USB

Ticket 5: 2/10 both disco
    Dupe Nabaat USB
    Kuja bUSB

good haul, even without any chain or awakening

• Options

LIMIT GLINT! This one is actually pretty awesome! Grants EnEle to the whole party!

Counterintuitively, bad for Ramuh :p

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ticket draws not bad.

Guy USB, Fujin LMR (Enwind), Kefka OSB, Ultimecia Awakening, Lenna Awakening, Cloud USB2, Meliadoul USB, and probably some stuff I missed. I wish I had more stuff for Kefka; I wonder if he’s got a good USB for lenses.

100-for-Awakening banner didn’t go nearly as well. Dupe Terra Glint, dupe Rikku USB2 (that one stings because I not-too-long ago used lenses on it), dupe Orlandeau Awakening, and a dualcast LMR for Rufus.

That LMR is actually kinda nice. Rufus has a Dark Awakening, but his lack of a dive or lens for dualcast hurt him somewhat (particularly since I like using him for Touched By Darkness).

My current plan for the selections are Shantotto’s Awakening, and then either the Sephiroth, Bartz, or Tidus pack.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

He is just the worst fucking old man ever.

• Options
    For the present select I have at least one dupe in each set. I have all of Terra and 2 Dupes on Squall Seph and Bartz.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Leaning towards skipping the awakening select. 4 dupes on the banner and while I wouldn't MIND a lot of stuff, only Terra awakening would be a solid get at this point.

• Options
    Heh.

I've got everything but the awakening on fire, lightning, water, and holy, all of the multi element, ONLY the awakening for dark, just the LMR for ice, and no dupes for Earth and wind.

... Both of which are the only 6* elements I've cleared.

• Options
    i caved and did the aasb select after this disastrous morning of pulls because god damnit i want a healer aasb and they don't even have any in this fest.

i got faris usb and terra aasb which were the only items i wanted, so we take those. gonna select elarra once the bonus draws are over so i don't meme dupe it later.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Anniversary Draws:

What? Tyro USB4 is pretty awesome. I'd say it is his most important relic after USB3.

Hastaga and group Crit fix, seems good but I think I'm missing something, cause I'm not seeing how that would bump out a DPS spot for Tyro? The fact the buff improvement is tied to support also seems sub-optimal for most magicite fights. It would be a great follow along with USB3 but sadly, I don't have that one. I see using it on physical teams without a chain holder, but those are getting rarer for me. Maybe beating out Gen 0 or 1 chain holders?

Honest question, what is the ideal use for it?

• Options
    edited March 2020

He is just the worst fucking old man ever.

Eh. It's only bad if used in one specific about 4 second span, and even then, all it really does is act as an astra, since it prevents the paralysis attack (which then triggers an extra diffusion instead of some other attack). Outside of that spot, it's great.
    Leaning towards skipping the awakening select. 4 dupes on the banner and while I wouldn't MIND a lot of stuff, only Terra awakening would be a solid get at this point.

I have every AASB but Terra's, and about half of the rest of the relics. Even if it was 50 mythril, I'd have to long and hard about it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    For the present select I have at least one dupe in each set. I have all of Terra and 2 Dupes on Squall Seph and Bartz.

The only set I don't have anything is Ingus. And know with Leo and Gladio on my team this sounds like a bad idea. Then again, it's an AOSB which I don't have on Leo and Gladio.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Anniversary Draws:

Hastaga and group Crit fix, seems good but I think I'm missing something, cause I'm not seeing how that would bump out a DPS spot for Tyro? The fact the buff improvement is tied to support also seems sub-optimal for most magicite fights. It would be a great follow along with USB3 but sadly, I don't have that one. I see using it on physical teams without a chain holder, but those are getting rarer for me. Maybe beating out Gen 0 or 1 chain holders?

Cast it, have Tyro Wrath/Entrust bot at an accelerated pace, while simultaneously building the whole team to auto-crit. With a source of Crit Damage up, everyone physical will be dealing double damage, which should make up for losing a DPS.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Anniversary Draws:

Critfix is REALLY useful for high end physical teams to push awakening hits over the damage cap in high rage situations.

That being said, it's largely useful as a follow up to his USB3, so maybe lens that?

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i caved and did the aasb select after this disastrous morning of pulls because god damnit i want a healer aasb and they don't even have any in this fest.

i got faris usb and terra aasb which were the only items i wanted, so we take those. gonna select elarra once the bonus draws are over so i don't meme dupe it later.

Huh? The fourth banner is mostly healer AASBs.

They're just... for Porom, Alma, and Deuce.

ztrEPtD.gif