As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Anniversary Draws:
    1- Zidane AASB (dupe from yesterday) Master AOSB Zell dual monk Materia. I guess I said I needed 1 tech... well Zell's materia looks good atleast
    2- Sabin AOSB, Meia AOSB (dupe), Larsa LMR, March BSB - meh
    3-Serah Glint+(!), Morrow USB (who?), Panelo USB (seems good), Krile AOSB (dupe), Angeal LMR - Lot of stuff all over the board on quality
    4- Ultimicia bUSB Might be useful
    5-Vaan AASB (Nice), Refia AOSB, March USB - Not sure where to use this stuff but sure

Focused Relic (no dupes so no real question)
    1-Terra LMR Neat, Bartz LMR Neat
    2-Tyro USB[crit], Rufus USB (well guess I'm going dark in VII), Faris LMR

Nothing game changing, but some good pick ups there.

What? Tyro USB4 is pretty awesome. I'd say it is his most important relic after USB3.

Hastaga and group Crit fix, seems good but I think I'm missing something, cause I'm not seeing how that would bump out a DPS spot for Tyro? The fact the buff improvement is tied to support also seems sub-optimal for most magicite fights. It would be a great follow along with USB3 but sadly, I don't have that one. I see using it on physical teams without a chain holder, but those are getting rarer for me. Maybe beating out Gen 0 or 1 chain holders?

Honest question, what is the ideal use for it?

You can just buy his USB3 for 1000 type 3 lenses. I'd recommend doing so. You can also grab his LMR if you don't have it. Boosting the damage of 2 other people should make up for missing a person.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Anniversary Draws:
    1- Zidane AASB (dupe from yesterday) Master AOSB Zell dual monk Materia. I guess I said I needed 1 tech... well Zell's materia looks good atleast
    2- Sabin AOSB, Meia AOSB (dupe), Larsa LMR, March BSB - meh
    3-Serah Glint+(!), Morrow USB (who?), Panelo USB (seems good), Krile AOSB (dupe), Angeal LMR - Lot of stuff all over the board on quality
    4- Ultimicia bUSB Might be useful
    5-Vaan AASB (Nice), Refia AOSB, March USB - Not sure where to use this stuff but sure

Focused Relic (no dupes so no real question)
    1-Terra LMR Neat, Bartz LMR Neat
    2-Tyro USB[crit], Rufus USB (well guess I'm going dark in VII), Faris LMR

Nothing game changing, but some good pick ups there.

What? Tyro USB4 is pretty awesome. I'd say it is his most important relic after USB3.

Hastaga and group Crit fix, seems good but I think I'm missing something, cause I'm not seeing how that would bump out a DPS spot for Tyro? The fact the buff improvement is tied to support also seems sub-optimal for most magicite fights. It would be a great follow along with USB3 but sadly, I don't have that one. I see using it on physical teams without a chain holder, but those are getting rarer for me. Maybe beating out Gen 0 or 1 chain holders?

Honest question, what is the ideal use for it?

Everytime he uses a support ability the Crit Chance increases 10%. After 5 uses (say Wrath and Entrust) basically all your melee will double their damage. Magicite 5* onward are VERY tanky with their rage modes and some will not cap without having 100% Crit Chance. This is usually the only way when you're starting on Magicite 5* to let characters like Bartz hit 19999 on every hit they do on their Awakening + USB1 combo.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited March 2020
    Oh, and Tyro USB4 for Magicite 4* is basically a gen 2 melee chain/better than gen 0-1 chain. Matter of fact, Tyro USB4 is probably better than OK pUSB if you can get your Boostga elsewhere.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Thanks all, guess I'll be lensing Tyro's USB3 after the event draws are fully done (don't think its on any of the banners but...).

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait. Switch Draw mode is that thing where you get an infusion of the next element you use, right?

Ultimecia’s Awakening may be better than I first thought.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    As a data point, I have used Tyro USB3+USB4 for three of the four 6* magicites I've cleared. (For Ifrit, I found it easier to drop him for a second healer)

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Wait. Switch Draw mode is that thing where you get an infusion of the next element you use, right?

Yeah, it's pretty alright. That + alphinaud + fujin chain was sufficient to do magic Titan (with a lv 99 Titan providing support), although I had to buy her burst to have a way to reapply enWind.

Basically the only situation where I'd say tyro USB4 isn't a real get is if you have his Awakening, which is a straight upgrade (but can only be used once). That's the situation I'm in, so I'm not actively seeking it, but I wouldn't mind having it.

edited March 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, it's pretty alright. That + alphinaud + fujin chain was sufficient to do magic Titan (with a lv 99 Titan providing support), although I had to buy her burst to have a way to reapply enWind.

Neat!

My Wind chain is Alphinaud instead of Fujin, so I’d probably either want to get Fujin’s USB or field Terra with her Fire Awakening, Wind USB, and Meltdown. Fujin’s USB is a pretty promising idea, now I have her LMR for Enwind.

Not that I particularly want to revisit Titan for a while, now that I have 2.

Enlong on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i caved and did the aasb select after this disastrous morning of pulls because god damnit i want a healer aasb and they don't even have any in this fest.

i got faris usb and terra aasb which were the only items i wanted, so we take those. gonna select elarra once the bonus draws are over so i don't meme dupe it later.

Huh? The fourth banner is mostly healer AASBs.

They're just... for Porom, Alma, and Deuce.

like i said, they don't even have any in this fest lol.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited March 2020
    i caved and did the aasb select after this disastrous morning of pulls because god damnit i want a healer aasb and they don't even have any in this fest.

i got faris usb and terra aasb which were the only items i wanted, so we take those. gonna select elarra once the bonus draws are over so i don't meme dupe it later.

Huh? The fourth banner is mostly healer AASBs.

They're just... for Porom, Alma, and Deuce.

like i said, they don't even have any in this fest lol.

I mean, Alma isn't bumping Elarra or Aerith, but when I looked at hers it wasn't BAD.

E: although reraise is ODDLY tempting for Leviathan

Jragghen on

Neat!

My Wind chain is Alphinaud instead of Fujin, so I’d probably either want to get Fujin’s USB or field Terra with her Fire Awakening, Wind USB, and Meltdown. Fujin’s USB is a pretty promising idea, now I have her LMR for Enwind.

Yeah, definitely. It was a "I wonder if I can..." To get the rewards.

Also, I have Alphinaud awakening and empowered glint, I should note.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Tragedy strikes the 38thdoe Royal Archives:

My Titan hit max level and now I need another magicite to level or I'm wasting exp. I have 6 water chains. What's my best Ifrit team?
    Magic
    Meia Glint, OSB
    Onion Glint, AOSB, BSB, LMR
    Rydia LMR, ASSB, AOSB, OSB
    GOGO V CSSB BSB enwater
    Strago CSSB

Physical
    Yuffie LMR, AASB, AOSB, USB ( enwater), Imperil BSB
    Paine LMR CSSB, ASSB, USB (enwater)
    Edge LMR, CSSB, BSB Enwater, SSB
    Bartz LMR USB1 USB2 BSB enwater AASB
    Tidus LMR CSSB en water, Glint, BSB, BSB2, OSB, USB, could pick him for AASB and AOSB
    Wakka Imperil USB
    Kimhari Lol AOSB and BSB imperil
    Rikku G+ CSSB USB1 BSB imperil

I think I'm far more likely to succeed here then with Leviathan or Ramuh

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Assuming you have good Tyro and Elarra tech, you probably have a clear using Rikku, Yuffie, and Tidus, especially if you take Tidus's AASB/AOSB. The main thing I'd be concerned over is dealing with the pillars in phase2 and 3 since Tidus and Rikku don't have good AoE SBs to consistently bring them to a sliver like Yuffie does.

You can also dump experience into future fodder that needs to be brought to level 99. eg Phoenixes for the zillion health boons to put on 6* magicite.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif

Neat!

Yeah, definitely. It was a "I wonder if I can..." To get the rewards.

Also, I have Alphinaud awakening and empowered glint, I should note.

Ah, that’s a pretty strong caveat, lol.

I do have his 5-star Glint and BSB, which is pretty strong if one doesn’t have his Awakening.

Assuming you have good Tyro and Elarra tech, you probably have a clear using Rikku, Yuffie, and Tidus, especially if you take Tidus's AASB/AOSB. The main thing I'd be concerned over is dealing with the pillars in phase2 and 3 since Tidus and Rikku don't have good AoE SBs to consistently bring them to a sliver like Yuffie does.

You can also dump experience into future fodder that needs to be brought to level 99. eg Phoenixes for the zillion health boons to put on 6* magicite.

I'm missing Tyro AASB and his book thing, but I have complete Elarra

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    level up some phoenixes and lakshmis while you figure it out

physical seems way better for you, so I'd start there. You don't have Leviathan for imperils, so you probably want to bring Rikku to do that with Aquatic Weakness and SB casts, and might as well have her chain. May want to pick up her BSB enwater. You definitely want Yuffie as a hitter, and I'd probably go with Paine as the other, but you could certainly try Bartz. A point in Paine's favor is that she and Rikku can switch off chain duties mid fight (later in the fight, Rikku probably wants to be dropping imperils). Try with two healers to start.

Fry on
    If I stick Healing boon and Health boon on Titan how many more will I need?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I don't have time to pull the rest right now, but Ticket 1: Squall AOSB dupe, Tyro AASB.

Well, that more than makes up for the terrible free pull.

Edit: the rest was mostly a bust but eh, it was nice to have the pulls

1/11: Rem AASB dupe
    1/11: Locke Chain dupe
    1/11: Balthier usb2 dupe
    3/11: exdeath Glint, emperor USB dupe, Cloud dark AOSB

Elderlycrawfish on
    So I have a $50 Google Play giftcard and literally nothing better to spend it on (I don't like....buy things from the google store basically ever).

Better to do half-cost draws on 3 banners, or half-cost draw on banner 3 and an awakening select?

edited March 2020
    So, Zidane's Sync is kind of bonkers. Triple enWind, Trance, and 3 turns of instant ATB. In other words, you use his sync, and then he takes three more turns instantly, with instant cast from trance. Also, his AASB is Awoken Thief, but his Sync links on Wind, so he can use 6* Celerity abilities to double dip on those things like Rydia and Alphinaud can.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif

Yup. She was in both my Dark and Wind teams thanks to that AASB. My favorite. Especially cuz she uses Summons so in Magicite 5*s she didn't need much to start capping right away.

So, Zidane's Sync is kind of bonkers. Triple enWind, Trance, and 3 turns of instant ATB. In other words, you use his sync, and then he takes three more turns instantly, with instant cast from trance. Also, his AASB is Awoken Thief, but his Sync links on Wind, so he can use 6* Celerity abilities to double dip on those things like Rydia and Alphinaud can.

You forget that Celerity has also that awesome awesome Running Start. So...is he Waifu Lightning but for Wind?

You forget that Celerity has also that awesome awesome Running Start. So...is he Waifu Lightning but for Wind?

He already gets instant cast from his Trance. Running Start doesn't do anything.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So I have a $50 Google Play giftcard and literally nothing better to spend it on (I don't like....buy things from the google store basically ever).

Better to do half-cost draws on 3 banners, or half-cost draw on banner 3 and an awakening select?

I'd probably do the half cost + Awakening select, provided there's something there you could really use.

Doesn’t Zidane trance give him instacast Thief anyway? What’s he gonna do with those 3 turns in his sync?

Doesn’t Zidane trance give him instacast Thief anyway? What’s he gonna do with those 3 turns in his sync?

Instant ATB, not instant cast.

His bar is full as soon as he acts.

So if you use thief abilities, you get 3 turns of instant bar full, instant cast.

Instant ATB, not instant cast.

His bar is full as soon as he acts.

So if you use thief abilities, you get 3 turns of instant bar full, instant cast.

Well now. That does change things.

edited March 2020
    Hah. Without fail, every time I try out a new Wind team against Adamantoise, I forget that his Haste-strip attack exists. That aside, Ultimecia works about as well as expected. Now I need to decide if Fujin, Terra, or Wedge makes for a better additional DPS. Probably not Wedge, though. Terra has a(n off-element but still functional with Meltdown) Awakening, and Fujin can lens a USB that’s about as good as Wedge’s, plus she has OSB spam as an option.

Wedge can dualcast Wind, though.

Enlong on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Lord this is still going strong huh? I wish I had more patience for the battle system and the absurd amount of things to do.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Getting Titan to max inheritance didn't dent my phoenix pile. Still have 60+ in the vault.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2020
    Apparently DeNA accidentally sent MVPs Blue Crystals.

Which are a thing that doesn't exist and can't be used for anything.

https://i.imgur.com/53NdC9S.png

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I personally would hold onto those like I hold onto Bughamut.

Wait, what's Bughamut???? FF6 Bahamut?

A one-time use copy of FF5 Bahamut that you get in one of the training things and don't have to use.

edited March 2020

There's a special version of the Bahamut summon that exists only in the tutorial stuff. It's different from the actual craftable Bahamut ability. It can't be crafted, and can't be honed. For the second anniversary, they accidentally gave us a copy of the tutorial Bahamut instead of the craftable/honeable Bahamut.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/61fhmi/global_ffrk_just_got_an_exclusive_ability_for_2nd/

Presumably, that's why they eventually renamed the good Bahamut summon to "Bahamut (V)", so they wouldn't accidentally make that mistake again.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    The moral of the story is that Dena put a lot of time and money into quality control.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Maybe you're on to something @38thDoe

Today's pulls:

Zell USB
    Fujin AOSB
    Krile USB Earth
    Dupe Garland AASB
    Desch's Glint
    Gladio AASB!!!!

Another Earth AASB! And on a guy with a Last Stand SSB + En Earth USB. Dammit, this makes the AASB select and Free set choice even more difficult. At least I now have competent Earth tech to do some real attempts on Ramuh.

Congrats on Gladio's AASB. That thing is pretty nuts, since the finisher on it blows out every other similar AASB finisher. Kain's is a one-hit that caps at 100k and Bartz gets a couple of weak hits, but Gladio's finisher was easily hitting for a combined 300k with a G2 chain against Quetzalcoatl, without a damage RM. Everyone else gets an OSB finisher but he ends with an AOSB.

Darklyre on
  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    AASB lucky was only 1/11 but it was Bartz which I've been hunting for. Not sure who to pick for the free draw, and if I do the 2 AASB pulls who to pick for that now. Will have to think about it. Bartz was my primary goal right now.

In the midst of everything, forgot to do my daily draw.

Hit! Zell SSB. Crit chance to 25% oooh :V