As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Ticket submitted. Thanks for the heads up.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1585099320
    Another free game on Steam: Nephise Begins (you must redeem it before April 1st):
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/628950/Nephise_Begins

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Anybody not have DIRT Rally?
    signature.png

Few more days left on this, only one entry!

steam_sig.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Some of the DiRT games have been free giveaways before so dont feel bad if you get low turnout.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Some of the DiRT games have been free giveaways before so dont feel bad if you get low turnout.

So that explains why I already have it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Project Mercury is free to keep until April 8 at 2pm Pacific time.

volg5dgjk9rj.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Tried out Friday the 13th again.

Mostly going around moving too slow, finding some stuff, used the shotgun thinking I was helping, immediately called out by another survivor for "wasting" it. Jason insta teleports behind me, grabs me, instakills me. Cool.

Edit: Honestly, Dead by Daylight just has the best balance where getting caught isn't game over. I wish more games would learn that lesson.

Karoz on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Tried out Friday the 13th again.

Mostly going around moving too slow, finding some stuff, used the shotgun thinking I was helping, immediately called out by another survivor for "wasting" it. Jason insta teleports behind me, grabs me, instakills me. Cool.

Edit: Honestly, Dead by Daylight just has the best balance where getting caught isn't game over. I wish more games would learn that lesson.

Jason can't be killed until some 'hidden' douche canoe spawns.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Plague, Inc devs donating $250k to COVID-19 support to WHO and CEPI

But also this:
    dwwokbow9v0u.png

Mugsley on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That's fucking rad.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Going to buy a new AM4 motherboard, Ryzen 5 CPU and some DDR4 ram to go with the RX 580 (8gb) I bought recently.

Probably foolish to do it now since it'll all probably be pretty outdated by the time the PS5 gets here but damn it, I'm tired of not being able to play modern PC games. Want to play stuff like Borderlands 3 smoothly.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I can't recommend Overcooked 2 enough. I've gotten SO much fun coop time out of that with my bestie.

EDIT - also, it's a shame there aren't more games like OC2. I need more good times like that. There is one coming soon, "Moving Out" (I think) that looks fantastic. Like OC but with moving stuff. But, sadly, it's local coop only. =\

I enjoyed Overcooked more than the sequel. OC2 leaned more into ledges and traps and otherwise killing the players. My brother, sister-in-law and I marathoned both games and some of the DLC last winter, and we had a lot more fun figuring out assignments and optimizing workflows instead of falling into pits and waiting out the timer. My sister-in-law is especially not a gamer, and it just became more and more of a slog as we went on.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Hey all - i come with a question, not for myself but for a dear friend.

They're in need of a new game, RPG-paritcurly. In the spoiler below is a pretty extensive list of what they've played, and what they've liked, havent liked, or are not willing tou touch. Based off that... can you do a penguin a solid and give some recommendations?
    Definitely keen -> Divinity: Original Sin 2, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Dishonored 1 & 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Final Fantasy X, Path of Exile, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dark Souls, Morrowind, Oblivion, Epic Battle Fantasy 3 & 4 & 5, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Titanquest, Torchlight series, West of Loathing, Neverwinter Nights & Champions of Norrath (old stuff), Drakan, Borderlands 1&2, World of Warcraft pre-Cata (and not keen for Classic because they know the first time magic is what they're chasing and can never get from this again). FFXIV (And all expansion packs)

Either only kinda liked it, or it's only kinda an RPG -> the Bioshock series, Conan Exiles, 7 Days To Die, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the Magicka series, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War, Psychonauts, Starbound & Terraria, Trine series, Warhammer 40k (various RTS and other games), Diablo 2.

Have tried, just didn't work for me -> Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, Diablo 3. Borderlands, the Presequel

Not willing to try -> the Witcher series, Borderlands 3

Thanks a ton, fine folks

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

They're in need of a new game, RPG-paritcurly. In the spoiler below is a pretty extensive list of what they've played, and what they've liked, havent liked, or are not willing tou touch. Based off that... can you do a penguin a solid and give some recommendations?
    Definitely keen -> Divinity: Original Sin 2, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Dishonored 1 & 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Final Fantasy X, Path of Exile, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dark Souls, Morrowind, Oblivion, Epic Battle Fantasy 3 & 4 & 5, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Titanquest, Torchlight series, West of Loathing, Neverwinter Nights & Champions of Norrath (old stuff), Drakan, Borderlands 1&2, World of Warcraft pre-Cata (and not keen for Classic because they know the first time magic is what they're chasing and can never get from this again). FFXIV (And all expansion packs)

Either only kinda liked it, or it's only kinda an RPG -> the Bioshock series, Conan Exiles, 7 Days To Die, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the Magicka series, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War, Psychonauts, Starbound & Terraria, Trine series, Warhammer 40k (various RTS and other games), Diablo 2.

Have tried, just didn't work for me -> Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, Diablo 3. Borderlands, the Presequel

Thanks a ton, fine folks

Let's see here... Pathfinder: Kingmaker might scratch their itch, it's really like Neverwinter Nights. Let me do some digging on MMOs, too...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

Thanks a ton, fine folks

If they liked Titan Quest, they should like Grim Dawn too. That's a good 1000 hours worth of gaming.

Check out Disco Elysium and Lisa.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Another one from the depths of my Humble Store key backlog:

signature.png

ALL REVIEWS: Very Positive (242)
    Steam Page wrote:
    Nominated as a IGF Seamus McNally Finalist, NightSky is an ambient action-puzzle game that offers a gameplay experience unlike any other—cerebral challenges fill uniquely designed picturesque worlds. The player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance; each of these worlds is broken into different areas. The original soundtrack by experimental jazz musician, Chris Schlarb will further heighten the surreal experience.

Key features:
    • 2D platform/puzzle-based gameplay
    • Advanced 2D physics model
    • Multiple difficulties with unique topography
    • 11 massive levels, each with expansive areas to explore
    • Multiple “vehicles” each with specific uses and dynamics physics
    • Additional secrets and unlockables

This is open the the PA Adventure Team group as before.

Congrats @cB557 on winning this one too. I've sent you the key via Steamgifts and via PM. Let me know if it doesn't work.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Do they like Earthbound?

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

As for game recommendations all I can think of is Tyranny. Vampire Coiteries of New York is fun but it's a visual novel and not that much roleplaying per se.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Thanks a ton, fine folks

@The Zombie Penguin

Drakensang 1 & 2 - very deep RPG mechanics based on The Dark Eye pen-n-paper RPG, solid stories, great characters, challenging, older now but still very good. Many hours of play time. Bonus: they're under $20 each.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Going to buy a new AM4 motherboard, Ryzen 5 CPU and some DDR4 ram to go with the RX 580 (8gb) I bought recently.

Probably foolish to do it now since it'll all probably be pretty outdated by the time the PS5 gets here but damn it, I'm tired of not being able to play modern PC games. Want to play stuff like Borderlands 3 smoothly.

I did that a few months ago (already had the RX 580). It'll be fine!

Or it won't be! But it probably will be. Raytracing probably has a few more generations before it kicks off meaningfully.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    signature.png

Congrats, @Dissociater , a winner is you! Enjoy a pile of old Atari games!

(Including Pong, officially the oldest game on Steam at 48 years old!)

Yay, thanks @Jazz !

Also, does anyone still need/want State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition? If so, please send me a private message. In that message, I want you to stretch your imagination reaaallly far, and imagine you were in some sort of apocalyptic, end of the world scenario, like in State of Decay. This imaginary reality could be because of zombies, war, or even virus, as far fetched as that sounds.

So tell me, what would you be doing to pass the time if such an absurd reality ever came to pass.

Winner will be chosen at random!

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @The Zombie Penguin they played Bloodlines. Have they picked up Bloodlines 2?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The only thing stopping me from buying One Step from Eden on steam...

is that I can buy it on the Switch instead? I can't help but want it on a handheld :P

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Thy deck builder games cup runeth over.

Where my asymmetrical games at huh?

HUH?!?!

HUH?!?!
    Here

edited March 2020
    GMG sending out VIP codes for 15% Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord to send to your friends.

Game isn't purchasable on GMG yet but feel free to grab my codes.

Bannerlord Codes:
    Loading...?

Sadly their copy function isn't working, hopefully I copied them right.

Edit: hopefully didn't repeat any in the PC games thread :confused:

Karoz on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

Thanks a ton, fine folks

Mass Effect? KoTOR I/II? Shadowrun series? Baldur's Gate 2?

s7Imn5J.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

HUH?!?!

Where's my Fantasy Life clone

Between Two Castles Digital Edition is free to keep until March 30 at 10am Pacific time.

hzc0tpyy5ffc.jpg

Two games from developer Orange_Juice are free to keep until March 30 at 10am Pacific time. These free versions do not include trading cards.

200% Mixed Juice
    nb50dtrfnj5g.jpg

Acceleration of SUGURI 2
    hp3rza5vci4f.jpg

And now 100% Orange Juice from the same developer is also free to keep until March 30.

c7a1kefs2oal.jpg

Finally buckling down to do homework and who should message me?

l7y4czwvuszq.jpg

Such crypticness what could it mean?

Oooo Frostpunk + DLC!

Thank you @Shade ! I will command the children into the gift mines so that they may forever curse your name!

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    The next ATS state is...

Colorado!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Moss ( @UseR2006 I think?) decided to go against SOP and listen to Pixie. He now must be put down to protect the masses! GET HIM EVERYONE!!

Y9sOC7H.png

:heartbeat: Thanks mate!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Look, all I do is make suggestions.

It's not my fault if people listen.

TBH, it's actually shocking if people listen.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    New Humble Award Winners Bundle

$1
    Simulcra
    Diaries of a Spaceport Janiter

BTA
    Quadrilateral Cowboy
    Yoku's Island Express

$15
    Yuppie Psycho
    Owlboy
    Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That was quick.

This discussion has been closed.