As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I was supposed to leave my [job] at noon

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    And a cup is, of course, 236.588 milliliters.

Get out of here with those nonsense numbers.

A cup is divided into eight fluid ounces!

That's so needlessly confusing!

A fluid ounce is 29.5735 milliliters for anyone who finds this gobbledygook confusing and obscure.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I keep feeling like I'm not doing well at work, especially with getting 3 compliance defects in the last two months. They changed out stat for how our phone time reflects and almost no one is passing in that stat. My customer care is perfect so far and I have 1 more call to get graded.

I just feel like I'm slacking or not doing as well.

Did find out today that I won a kind of hard to get award for customer service that comes with a $400 bonus so that is cool and my pay went up again for my 6 month review. Went up by like 32 cents.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I keep feeling like I'm not doing well at work, especially with getting 3 compliance defects in the last two months. They changed out stat for how our phone time reflects and almost no one is passing in that stat. My customer care is perfect so far and I have 1 more call to get graded.

Did find out today that I won a kind of hard to get award for customer service that comes with a $400 bonus so that is cool and my pay went up again for my 6 month review. Went up by like 32 cents.

Congrats on your award. Are you still getting and taking your meds?

For what it's worth, I had to fight through an anxiety attack today myself (though mine was, among other things, due to being out of work right now). So, sympathies.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So we're on two weeks paid time off without using PTO. Some of that time is expected to kinda work because we're getting emails from clients and stuff, sure. Also, our third party repair people are now out of the game because they're in India and they've been shut down because of Covid-19. Hold times for clients has been 20-24 hours lately. They want us to work right away.

Also my wife just got her diagnosis from these weeks/months of hell. She has MS. Yay.

Yeah, I'm not going back to work this week.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So we're on two weeks paid time off without using PTO. Some of that time is expected to kinda work because we're getting emails from clients and stuff, sure. Also, our third party repair people are now out of the game because they're in India and they've been shut down because of Covid-19. Hold times for clients has been 20-24 hours lately. They want us to work right away.

Also my wife just got her diagnosis from these weeks/months of hell. She has MS. Yay.

Yeah, I'm not going back to work this week.

All the hugs to you, @Shadowfire - I'm sorry that you are going through this.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Some parents are...the sign really speaks for itself:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    HR just notified me that I was exposed to covid-19 and should wear a mask for 14 days following the exposure. At the time of notification I am 12 days post exposure :/

god this brings back so many memories of my er days

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Is that cheap? That seems very cheap to me, but I don't know what's normal there, or how big a gallon is.

a gallon is 4 quarts

I guess we’re just making up words now.

I get 40 rods to the hogshead and I am fine with it

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    There’s 3.8 liters per gallon

At least that’s what the toilet said

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Yeah, but it's always talking crap.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Yeah, but it's always full of shit

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Jedoc wrote: »

Yeah, but it's always taking the piss

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Its spelled "terlet"

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Its spelled "terlet"

Are you a roughshod, hard boiled detective?

Show me some ID,

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Scruffy.

The janitor.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    ce n'est pas une toilette

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Congrats on your award. Are you still getting and taking your meds?

For what it's worth, I had to fight through an anxiety attack today myself (though mine was, among other things, due to being out of work right now). So, sympathies.

Yea, I'm still getting and taking my meds, thank you for asking.

Fighting through that kind of anxiety is always rough, I hope you can get some stability back soon.

I've been kind of more relaxed with work. I've always wanted to do WFH so this is a pretty solid arrangement for me. I feel like I have way more time at night or in the morning.

Still been struggling with doing hobby stuff between calls mostly cause it has been pretty busy for the first few hours of work but then it slows down and I still just look at stuff on my phone.

The only downside to the WFH thing is I'm not sure if it is going to negatively impact me for wanting to move up to team coach eventually. My current coach was WFH so that helps me a little but I guess as a coach she can't do WFH.

Still no word on when the entry level management thing is gonna start back up so that is disappointing.

This whole transition to WFH for the company has been really interesting. They moved 8k people to WFH in the span of two weeks apparently and they are still making sure that if the need arises to basically abandon the building for a while that all the employees still working on site can go WFH.

We also haven't halted hiring, just adjusted how it goes to avoid in person interviews. Training sounds like it will either be in larger training rooms so people can be farther apart or just have new hires go immediately WFH for training. We are looking to hire 199 seasonal employees so that already is a pretty good chunk of new people to setup.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Zonugal for WWII/Holocaust of your not looking for Schindler's List, I'd recommend *Life is Beautiful". It's in Italian and had subtitles but ugh such a good good good movie.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Zonugal for WWII/Holocaust of your not looking for Schindler's List, I'd recommend *Life is Beautiful". It's in Italian and had subtitles but ugh such a good good good movie.

Probably the saddest Holocaust movie I've ever see.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    This entire country is going to be ready for the Olympics in a few months, if the home gym and weights I've seen being shipped are any indication.

sig.gif
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I still haven't watched List.

But Life is Beautiful haunts me. I saw it once on a bus trip to the national Holocaust museum in DC. It etched itself into my soul.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Decided to call in sick at work.

I still have to go in to the office and my wife started feeling unwell the other day. She developed a dry cough so I was going to self isolate for two weeks anyway.

Came down with the symptoms myself so I've signed off sick.

Obviously without testing I can't say for certain I have covid but I don't want to risk spreading it.

Fortunately my work are very chill.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »
    lol surprise work announcement, all salaried employees taking a 20% pay cut for the quarter.

That seems dubious at best.

Kind of fukkin amazing that employees are expected to burden the hardships, but see no boost when the company is doing well.

Some companies do pay bonuses and stock options and give raises higher than inflation.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This supply shortage is extremely fucking stressful, damn

And the social distance thing means o shouldn't go to the archery range

And I need a referral to see a psych, but I'll be damned if I can get an appointment

I have not had a good night's sleep since goddamned January

I would just really like to buy food without getting up at 6 am and do a mad dash through stores with all the hoarders to get it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Boo. The district rerouted all deliveries. So my new books are at the district warehouse waiting for the schools to reopen. Of course I don't find this out till I go down to my school and look all over for the books.

Welp. Even less for me to do now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I would just really like to buy food without getting up at 6 am and do a mad dash through stores with all the hoarders to get it.

I just buy it on my lunch and mule it home
    The tricks of taking cold packs and a thermal bag in my backpack

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    2pB2XRN.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    2pB2XRN.png

Ah, so once you've got the tools, subsequent ones are even cheaper to make!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    This supply shortage is extremely fucking stressful, damn

And the social distance thing means o shouldn't go to the archery range

And I need a referral to see a psych, but I'll be damned if I can get an appointment

I have not had a good night's sleep since goddamned January

If you think you may need some depression/ anxiety medication, your general practitioner may be able to prescribe remotely.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

What? There still are hoarders? I thought things would have calmed down after the frenzy last week?

I have enough tp to last until May, but if people are still hoarding then I'm doomed.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)

What? There still are hoarders? I thought things would have calmed down after the frenzy last week?

I have enough tp to last until May, but if people are still hoarding then I'm doomed.

It depends on where you live

In my area of Pennsylvania, an hour south of Scranton, the store shelves are very very under stocked

Last week, my girlfriend's parents actually needed toilet paper

My girlfriend and I checked five stores on Saturday and didn't find any

They checked seven stores Sunday and found two rolls

Not packs, but rolls

Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

Yes. yes it is.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oo, rice a roni! It's been a while since I had that!
    I've got rice, and I could probably fry some a broken up noodle or two for vermicelli. It's the spicing (an area I am notoriously bad at) that would be the difficulty.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I love rice a roni. A week ago when everyone first started going crazy at the store I stocked up on some rice a roni, but only like, slightly more than I usually get (like enough for three weeks instead of just two). There was plenty of rice a roni at the time, only plain white rice was gone. I guess people are hitting the rice a roni now? Sigh.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have always had 2 boxes of like 5 different flavors of rice-a-roni and pasta-roni in my cabinet. Most of them take less than 20 minutes to cook and are perfectly cromulent side dishes or main dishes when incorporated with a protein. The broccoli au gratin rice-a-roni is my personal favorite.

I went through all of them in the past 13 days. When I went to the store last Saturday morning, they had nothing in that section of the store, and almost all of the fresh meat was gone. It was honestly pretty flabbergasting, since at that point my county only had four confirmed cases.

chromdom wrote: »
    Oo, rice a roni! It's been a while since I had that!
    I've got rice, and I could probably fry some a broken up noodle or two for vermicelli. It's the spicing (an area I am notoriously bad at) that would be the difficulty.

The spice is mostly salt, anti caking agents and other preservatives, with maybe a hint of something for umami

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Yeah hold on to your rice as best as you can. I haven't been able to find even basic basmati in my local winco lately. Pasta at least seems to get regularly restocked, but rice eludes me at the moment.

I just like their pilaf because I'm not going to spend 45 minutes making rice after working all day.

This discussion has been closed.