As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ordinarily, I'd totes be down to toss a 100 mythril at a banner and get to pick an AASB.

....but I've got 9 dupes on that thing and that is a real downer.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Oh neat, in JP, Irvine got buffed to Machinist 5. Previously he could only get Machinist 4 via record sphere. So they changed that sphere to ATK

There are a few characters that this bodes well for.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Can Onion Knight get natural Ninja 5 so he can have Ninja 6, plz?

Upgrade WOL’s Ninja sphere to give him Thief 4, plz?

• Options
    God damn, that Shadowsmith fight continues to be really damn tough.

Like, “I’m having considerable trouble cracking their defenses with 3 Earth Awakenings and Titan” tough.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Did a draw, 2/11 both disco.

Quistis AOSB and Awakening

... Fuck, I'm gonna HAVE to beat bio Odin NOW.

Got enough for 4 more draws total, MIGHT throw one more here since I lack a physical water chain. Also, a 3rd potential water magic awakening for Ifrit, so I feel relatively set there, but she has no way to re-up.

• Options
    Rolled the dice once more.

3/11 all disco
    Paine CSB!
    Noel AOSB
    RIKKU SYNC GOT MY FIRST SYNC YEAH

...I think I might be able to beat Ifrit physical and magical now.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

3/11 all disco
    Paine CSB!
    Noel AOSB

Not with Quistis though. He strips enWater twice, so she's kind of screwed there, which is much of the story of this fest in general. Too many characters flexing into new elements.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

3/11 all disco
    Paine CSB!
    Noel AOSB

Not with Quistis though. He strips enWater twice, so she's kind of screwed there, which is much of the story of this fest in general. Too many characters flexing into new elements.

Well, I've got gogo and meia with awakenings, too. Quistis could just build chain/backup heal/use her SSB for haste and shell or whatever and add her DPS last phase.

• Options
    ...huh. Rikku has her ability already.

Fuck. These are EXPENSIVE.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did two draws,

3/11: Quistis AOSB, Quistis Glint+, Noel LMR
    3/11: Noel Glint+ x3

Welp, that was pretty much crap.

• Options
    I kinda want Quistis stuff, but not really anything else on the banner. Guess I'm skipping. Oh well, more stuff to get excited for on future lucky draws and parades.

• Options
    So Zeromus isn't easy even with the buffs. Don't put this thing off.

• Options
    I tried Zeromus without the buffs, and yeah, it's pretty gross. We'll see if I can get there with the buffs.

• Options
    Pulled on this watery banner. Was obviously hoping for a watery Sync, personally hoping for a Bio Awakening for Quistis, and secretly hoping for Paine’s water chain.

And I got Paine’s water chain! Booyah!

Not only is this badass on its own, but it means Tidus is free! Free to DPS forever! No longer will he need to start chains for my other water users! I should also note that I have none of Tidus’s stuff on that Awakening selection, so if I think he might be a better pick than Bartz...

• Options
    So this new Jump. It’s basically made to be used with Kimahri’s Awakening, yes? First he Wraths up a bunch of meter, then he uses the Awakening (and possibly USB) and spams this new jump, with a reduced (but not instant) cast time. Then, when the Awakening ends, he’s probably built up near-instant landing times.

I guess it also works for Noel, who can spam Trinity Bombshell and then swap to jumps.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I know the general consensus is that the Noctis banner is the best one out of all of them, but I am seriously considering doing at least one on this water banner. I got Gogo (V)'s water chain in the luck of the realms countdown, but the only water tech I have is a Tidus brave ultra that I just got from tickets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    1st banner:
    5/11, three discos - Noel LMR x2, OK G+, Quistis AOSB, Rikku Sync! Exactly what I was looking for!

• Options
    Okay, beat Zeromus with buffs. It was...eh, harder than 5* easier than Odin, I guess? No rage to deal with but he hits fucking HARD.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i was fairly tilted after all my sad draws this morning still and decided to spend one of my tickets so i didn't burn actually valuable resources. pulled on ice, got noel's aasb. i have g+ so all in all could be worse.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm gonna throw some Mythril at the Earth Banner and the Fire Banner. I really just want an earth chain and MAYBE get lucky with the Noodle Prince. Everything else for Waifu Squall later on.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Super Zeromus with boosts wasn't too bad once I realized he spams status effects. It was just a long and grueling fight because the fucker is a gigantic HP sponge.

I haven't successfully done the boostless Dire version yet. I tried once, but he slowed Aerith right as she started to queue up something, and he attacks frequently enough that people died before she was able to even get hastega back up, let alone heal.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    One throwaway pull on this banner, didn't expect 5 disco's to pop up:
    Rikku SASB
    Onion SASB
    Paine CSB
    Noel AASB
    Onion Glint+

Easily my best pull ever. Tripling my Synchro's and adding a chain and 2 more goodies.
    They really want you to go for Rikku/Onion's unique abilities though, slotting 2 water black magics in for Onion's Synch commands is brutal. I think I'll just make Chain Waterga for now or something and use mug bloodlust for rikku's second ability.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Meanwhile in hell:
    1/11
    Quistis AOSB Well that will be useful with her nothing else.
    1/11
    Noel AOSB dupe Hooray!

edit: Sorry I forgot I actually have Quistis' Maser eye to support her AOSB. A team!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Daily hit: Elena empowered fire glint

• Options
    wow Odin is finally becoming a Magicite in JP.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Well, don't have any of these relics, two syncs and a chain in an element I don't have. I can budget three pulls.

1:Noel AOSB, Onion G+, Quistis G+
    2:Noel AOSB, Onion G+
    3:Noel AOSB, Paine AASB

Well... I guess I have a really cool +ice armor and Paine's Awakening is nice. Those glints though... They need something else but it would be a horrible idea to pull again.
    4:Onion LMR, Paine CSB!!!
    Alright Ifrit, I'm coming for you... In like a four months.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Took me quite a few tries, but I killed Fell Zeromus (with buffs).

...lost 1 medal for actions and 2 for damage, didn't master? What year is this, 2016?

Fry on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    wow Odin is finally becoming a Magicite in JP.

By the way, this means that the Elemental Meta isn't gone. It's just on hiatus. Because new "Odin" comes in various Weak flavors and now in Physical and Magical versions. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about Magicite 7*.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Took me quite a few tries, but I killed the uberboss Zeromus.

...lost 1 medal for actions and 2 for damage, didn't master? What year is this, 2016?

Did you try Dire Zemus with no buffs? Harder/easier?

• Options
    edited March 2020

The two Dire fights (Zemus/Zeromus) aren't too awful for long-time players, whether you have the buffs or not. Do bring a full stack of imperils for Dire Zeromus, because that one is 80% resistant to all elements.

Fell Zeromus is a dick even with the buffs, I don't think it's realistic to do that fight without them.

Fry on
  • Options

The two Dire fights aren't too awful for long-time players, whether you have the buffs or not. Do bring a full stack of imperils for Dire Zeromus, because that one is 80% resistant to all elements.

Fell Zeromus is a dick even with the buffs, I don't think it's realistic to do that fight without them.

My "running theoretical Leviathan team to get magia while doing fest stuff" team mastered Fell with the buffs, and I'm not even sure I want to TRY without the buffs.

• Options

Dire with no buffs is probably about the same as uber Zeromus with all buffs. The issue with it, aside from also having the 80% resistance to everything, is that it opens every phase with a 3-slot slow, and phase 1 and 2 are followed a couple turns later by a dispel. Your white mage is going to be on basically full time hastega duty. Oh, and he uses an AoE sap to strip astra (and regenga) right before the slows, so that's not a great option for dealing with it either. It may be best to 2x healer it, or use a white mage party if you can swing the imperils.

Super Zeromus uses blind/silence instead, and on predictable slots, so you can just put a healer or support in the middle which gets hit by everything where they can just soak it up or shrug it off.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    OK, constructed a proper Earth team instead of a slapdash Cloud team, and that worked wayyyy better. Nice to see Bartz getting in there for 5x30k per spellblade.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I’m having trouble getting master eye to kill ifrit.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    See, you’re approaching this the wrong way. Instead of trying to make Ifrit happen when Quistis has no Enwater, you should instead grab her BSB and OSB off of the PaPaya shop, outfit her with an artifact whip, and then go take on Bio-weak Odin. That’s the logical course of action.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    See, you’re approaching this the wrong way. Instead of trying to make Ifrit happen when Quistis has no Enwater, you should instead grab her BSB and OSB off of the PaPaya shop, outfit her with an artifact whip, and then go take on Bio-weak Odin. That’s the logical course of action.

I'm genuinely going to be trying to set up an FF8 bio team tonight, since I've got a realm chain. Irvine (chain), Quistis (bio), Rinoa (two awakenings), and then probably two healers. Rinoa might go earth (titan to imperil), or have Irvine imperil ice and go that route, since I've got both her awakenings.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I'm genuinely going to be trying to set up an FF8 bio team tonight, since I've got a realm chain. Irvine (chain), Quistis (bio), Rinoa (two awakenings), and then probably two healers. Rinoa might go earth (titan to imperil), or have Irvine imperil ice and go that route, since I've got both her awakenings.

Part of the Bio Odin problem is that he uses a 3-slot blind/silence/confuse on turn 2, so an immediate pblink, astra, or esuna needs to be part of the plan. And if you don't finish him by his 14th turn, he'll do it again, followed about 5 seconds later by an AoE confuse.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, Larsa is one of the two :)

Oh blah, Irvine has sharpshooter but not machinist.

E: I forgot I had Larsa G+. Lol.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ....so that did not work as well as hoped.

• Options
    What are some good banners between now and the next fest besides that FF8 one, which I'm side-eyeing because I have a shitload of FF8 tech already, and don't anticipate Valefor being an issue. I have just shy of 600 mythril, 300 earmarked for bringing my fire tech up to snuff (probably going 200 to Noct/Locke and 100 to Fire Choco), but even if drawing for Torment 3.0 purposes, most of these banners seem kind of awful. It seems like we're in one of the spans where all the tertiary characters get their tech before the Limit Break stuff starts. Around Orlandeau sync, they seem to turn around and mostly be decent, but is there anything before that point that seems strong that I'm just missing?

(Cheat sheet here)

ztrEPtD.gif