As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Celeste came to my island and said there is Star Sign tonight, though I haven't seen/heard any yet. Gates are open to all friends!

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I have the opposite. I've had shooting stars 2 nights, but I've never seen Celeste on my island.

Also I just ran past two of my villagers singing together in the plaza in front of Nook's tent. No idea if they did that in previous games, but I've never seen that level of interaction between villagers before.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah i've been placing a lot of random shit outside just to see what villagers will poke at

liEt3nH.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Its very annoying that I cant make roads yet but Im expected to leave all this stuff around the island.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I have to remember not to be holding the pole vault when I talk to Cookie. She starts singing a lengthy jingle about stickthing that was cute the first time.

Also spent the better part of an hour looking for the amiibo card s for Whitney and the Robot Ostrich. Settled for Cheif.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    K.K. Ska is a really great imitation of the Toasters

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    This game might get me to buy Amiibo.

They had a bunch of Celda Amiibo when I picked up my Switch, but I stayed strong.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm guessing non-AC amiibo don't do anything? Not at home at the moment to check.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    If they add special furniture to this game via Amiibo, I am very, expensively doomed.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    i mean all the animal crossing amiibos are dirt ass megacheap and are getting a reissue i believe

many of them were under 4$ each prior to reissue

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    i mean all the animal crossing amiibos are dirt ass megacheap and are getting a reissue i believe

Why would you do this to me.

i suppose this could change with how the zelda series amiibos spiked when botw gave them added functionality but i really cant imagine it would turn a 2$ amiibo into anything worth a shit unless they like, patched in froggy chair and tied it to an amiibo. then maybe i could see enough demand lol

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I found tarantula island!

Btw, @Blackbeard7 I commend you on your town name 8-)

Janson on
    edited March 2020

The cards arent though. Believe me I looked. Full sets of just one series are going for 100 plus

Edit also the cards are how you get villagers. The amiibo are all characters you cant recruit

King Riptor on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Janson I have some bits of lilies and mums though neither are selling at my store. I'll mail a couple over to you!

Also I likewise have no sign of Celeste but saw like ~10 shooting stars in my town tonight. Very intermittent, so I missed most

Still can't find a stringfish!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Thank you so much!

If only we could mail fish! I caught a second stringfish earlier.

No worries, it'll turn up eventually!

Strange, @Janson I can't see you on the mailing list though. If you want to open your town I'll pop by (or vice versa)

signature.png
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Heads up to anyone buying Amiibos, the amazon listing for a 3 pack with KK, Resetti, and that shady cat that I've forgotten the name of is selling used, dirty, scuffed loose ones. Avoid if you ever wish to display.

Janson wrote: »
    I found tarantula island!

Btw, @Blackbeard7 I commend you on your town name 8-)

i was already planning to do it and was too lazy to think of anything else in the moment

7yh4xczljsym.png

The cards arent though. Believe me I looked. Full sets of just one series are going for 100 plus

Edit also the cards are how you get villagers. The amiibo are all characters you cant recruit

oh if the cards are the good shit then yeah those being more make sense

nobody gave much of a shit when they were released and if they're useful now then yeah ok

7yh4xczljsym.png
    @SilverWind dodo code is 23KNN and thank you! Can I drop bells in return?

Coming over! And there's no need, it's just a few extra bags I had lying around. I should be able to get some more colours come tomorrow from my sister if you don't by then :)

signature.png
    amazing, i unlocked DIYs for trash bags, garbage heap wall, and garbage heap flooring

its me i am the trash man

7yh4xczljsym.png
    amazing, i unlocked DIYs for trash bags, garbage heap wall, and garbage heap flooring

its me i am the trash man

Are they just acquired from neighbours/bottles/balloons?

signature.png
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Fish up enough trash and you'll think of the recipes yourself!

yeah you get it automatically for fishing up enough of it

7yh4xczljsym.png
    One thing I enjoy about AC (and this holds true to previous iterations of the game, too) is how relatively easy it is to complete goals; sure, sometimes patience and perseverance is needed but nothing seems impossible.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how many of the Nook miles rewards I’ve already unlocked, yet there’s still plenty left to obtain.

Compare it to, say, Stardew Valley, in which I have never completed the museum collection despite playing the game for more than 800 hours. Some items are just so rare and as a player you’re more heavily reliant on luck whereas a lot of AC’s goals can be accomplished through just putting in the time.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I thought I was gonna go grind for sturgeon tonight but one of my neighbors gave me some basketball shoes so I put those on and picked out an outfit to match instead and then I remembered that I hadn't done Nook's workshop so I went through all of my furniture to see what I could customize then I did an island and stacked up my fishy loot for the store tomorrow. Spotted a big fish on the pier and nabbed an oarfish then immediately caught another. Still haven't set up my fences but that's ok. I like that I can take the game as it comes and not feel like I'm falling behind or missing something that I had to setup for early game. I can just play at whatever pace I want and not feel rushed. So what if I don't have all the fish after a year of playing? That's kinda the point! It's nice. I don't want to "game" the game, if that makes sense. I just want to experience it.

My mountian observation park is almost ready.

Next up the kid park featuring monkey bars and a teacup ride.

Also Ive found the first eviction. Sorry Tipper I already have Patty

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    We’re only cute in video games

Wouldn’t catch us holding hands or smiling irl

don't worry mori i'll hold tentacles I MEAN HANDS with you

Moriveth wrote: »
    I dropped K.K. Ska for @Janson the other day, and asked her to pickitup pickitup

i really REALLY hope there's a K.K. Sad Girl

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What's bamboo good for?

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What's bamboo good for?

Building the five million different bamboo recipes your neighbors will force upon you.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What's bamboo good for?

Not much, what's bamboo with you?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    i'm turning my entire clifftop area into a bamboo covered hellscape

7yh4xczljsym.png
    That's a great idea! That way the bamboo is quite contained

How is everyone's towns today? Turnips are around 150ish, I'm still doing the first sweep but saw some new hybrid colour flours out of the corner of my eye

signature.png
    What's bamboo good for?

stabbin'

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    My resident center is closed today so I'm taking it easy. Had a pink windflower growing today, so something is hybridising.

Planted a couple palm trees on my secret beach and set up a hammock, so now I have somewhere to escape to when my neighbours start singing in the square.

I need the hammock recipe for my Hammock district

This discussion has been closed.