As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yee-haw! My name is [Nintendo]! This is my horse, [Nintendo]! That's right-same name!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i sort of hope the arms rep is helix

put in the goopy man

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Min Min was my character so that's who I'm gonna hope for, though she doesn't strike me as likely

If it's not Spring Man, Ribbon Girl or the annoying champion guy seem like the obvious pulls? Ribbon Girl would be cool

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Twintelle is the obvious choice

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    i would think twintelle, ribbon girl and min min are all popular enough to be viable options

would be sort of neat if they finally added a new heavy and went with master mummy or max brass

but i want that goopy

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Popularity wise Twintelle seems like the call but Ribbon Girl is basically the secondary face of the series behind Spring Man

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    It is odd to announce it as "a character" from ARMS. Spring Man with Ribbon Girl alts would be the natural choice, so... maybe it will be someone more interesting?

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    Lots of good stuff in that Direct, but I think I'm most interested to try... that Ring Fit rhythm thing? Feels weird to say that, but I think it's true. Gotta get my isolation exercise somehow :)

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    putting jedi academy on the switch is kind of a bizarre choice

Palpatine is back and apparently he's stolen everyone's shadow.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i can't even imagine trying to play that game with a controller, what a nightmare

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

I just had a flashback to child me trying to play this with the two controller set-up (P1's stick is the left engine, P2's the right).

Wait, shit. Did the arcade version literally have a pod that you sat in with you moving physical accelerators (like in the movie) or am I making that up?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I believe you are correct

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

I just had a flashback to child me trying to play this with the two controller set-up (P1's stick is the left engine, P2's the right).

Wait, shit. Did the arcade version literally have a pod that you sat in with you moving physical accelerators (like in the movie) or am I making that up?

Yeah, it did. I believe the tracks were different too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Any reviews so far for Jedi Academy?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's cool that Ring Fit is getting more support but it's sold out everywhere lmao

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    helllll yeah episode 1 racer, the best thing to come out of the star wars prequels

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ok so Im turning the voices off for Bravely default 2. Good to know

I’m turning them up.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I played A LOT of Clubhouse Games on the original DS, especially Hanafuda and rummy.
    It's me, the one person on Earth excited for a new one

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I hope the Arms character is the clown.

He was so happy to find a weakness of the western audience.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    in my opinion they should probably add twintelle so that smash finally has A Black Person

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    mr. game and watch and metaknight are right there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    yes, exactly

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Iirc, there are some Inkling and Villager options. Would be nice to have a character who doesn’t need to dig into variants, though.

• Options
    it's like when blizzard's Heroes of the Storm had to invent a new character in order to add a black lady to their game, crossover games expose institutional absences of diversity in a company's visual design

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I can't watch that direct, did they just straight up say "Hey there's going to be an Arms character in Smash" or is that a rumor

• Options
    I can't watch that direct, did they just straight up say "Hey there's going to be an Arms character in Smash" or is that a rumor

they straight up said the first DLC character will be from ARMS and they're not gonna tell you who it is until June

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Man, that feels like a waste of a slot imo

If you're gonna upgrade a franchise from assist trophy to playable character we should be getting Shovel Knight or something

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So im at like 74 stars and I dont wanna do Rainbow Ride in SM64 so I started up OoT again and I still love this game

especially with some of the easy tricks like fucking off and getting bombchus and bombs even tho I don't use em for anything other then getting the last gold skutulla inside the Deku Tree so I never have to go back

I however *didn't* get the goron bracers cause I forgot they let you push the blocks in the forest temple, so I either learn the forest temple skip to boss or I go and do an annoying time consuming glitch ive done before to get into the shadow temple for the hover boots so I can go all the way over to the desert and get the silver gauntlets

I did not plan well and now links adventure is a mess to put it lightly

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020

smash character reveal season is truly here now, thank you

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

If you're gonna upgrade a franchise from assist trophy to playable character we should be getting Shovel Knight or something

Excuse me, they are also a mii fighter costume

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

smash character reveal season is truly here now, thank you

This feels vaguely insulting but I can't tell if that's just me overthinking it

• Options
    ARMS is a new Nintendo IP; to me it’s like bringing in Shulk or Inkling. And ARMS lends itself to creating an interesting character, what with the stretchy arm mechanic, the variety of weapons, and the unique skill each character has. There’s a lot that an ARMS character can bring to the table.

Plus, the game just looks neat; the character designs are very nice, I think.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

ARMS has an advantage that they don't need to schedule meetings and work out IP arrangements with other companies during a pandemic.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    ARMS is a new Nintendo IP; to me it’s like bringing in Shulk or Inkling. And ARMS lends itself to creating an interesting character, what with the stretchy arm mechanic, the variety of weapons, and the unique skill each character has. There’s a lot that an ARMS character can bring to the table.

Plus, the game just looks neat; the character designs are very nice, I think.

Arms did very good for launching next to Zelda Mario kart and Splatoon 2.

That said a sequel seems unlikely because they really cant add much to it

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ARMS doesn't have the kind of excitement around it that banjo or fatal fury does, but also, byleth kind of shot the idea that every character is gonna be a super cool pick in the foot, and even if ARMS isn't a beloved franchise, its chracter design and aesthetic is really strong

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    It would never be but I really want the character to be Dr. Coyle. Female villain that just oozes personality. Yes please

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    arms is a great choice, I'm glad they're doing an arms. it has good music, good visual design, and the mechanics will be interesting to adapt to smash

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I am surprised arms took this long to get a full character, it seemed like an auto include when ultimate was announced

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah arms was on everyone's shortlist when they first announced that there would be dlc characters

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It's been just long enough (and the games de facto face is an assist trophy) that I think a lot of people had written ARMS off for getting a character

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    It is weird that ARMS didn't get a character sooner. It is another Nintendo based fighting game, had come out not that long before Ultimate, and you'd think Nintendo would liked to do the cross promotion they usually do. The fact that it didn't get a slot sooner kind of tells me how little Nintendo really ever cared about Arms.

This discussion has been closed.