As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    193 for tornps today, let me know if you want in

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Today's hybrids: a purple mum, a pink rose, a blue pansy, and another blue wind-flower <3

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yay shoji screen wall and tatami floor both available at the store

now my place is coming together with all this bamboo shit

7yh4xczljsym.png
    hey i just realized something

no gyroids in this game?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I pounced on yesterday afternoon’s turnip price of 199 myself... hopefully I won’t regret it!

Do mums grow natively on home islands, or do you have to strike lucky with a Nook Island? Google isn’t being helpful!

So far I only have a single orange cosmos and a single orange tulip, but to be fair a lot of my flowers still haven’t bloomed. I only planted most in the past two days.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    One thing I enjoy about AC (and this holds true to previous iterations of the game, too) is how relatively easy it is to complete goals; sure, sometimes patience and perseverance is needed but nothing seems impossible.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how many of the Nook miles rewards I’ve already unlocked, yet there’s still plenty left to obtain.

Compare it to, say, Stardew Valley, in which I have never completed the museum collection despite playing the game for more than 800 hours. Some items are just so rare and as a player you’re more heavily reliant on luck whereas a lot of AC’s goals can be accomplished through just putting in the time.

Hi everybody, sarukun here! On today’s episode of “Spawn Tables Are Bullshit (And So Can You!)”, we’re taking a look at my absolutely full inventory of Sturgeons and comparing it to the one single Stringfish that toke four hours to catch!

Yeah, turns out that when you’ve got a spawn point that only churns out a single entity, when he’s up against a similar chance-to-spawn entity on a crowded space table, one of them is roughly a million times less likely to show up even though they have similar spawn percentages!

It’s some hot bullshit, boys and girls, and today we’re gonna learn how to get mad about it and be snarky on the internet!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I pounced on yesterday afternoon’s turnip price of 199 myself... hopefully I won’t regret it!

Do mums grow natively on home islands, or do you have to strike lucky with a Nook Island? Google isn’t being helpful!

So far I only have a single orange cosmos and a single orange tulip, but to be fair a lot of my flowers still haven’t bloomed. I only planted most in the past two days.

I’m pretty sure the native flowers on the clifftops in my town are all mums

6F32U1X.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Hey, could I trouble you for the shoji screen? I have a Japanese Tatami room going that could use it.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I’m pretty sure the native flowers on the clifftops in my town are all mums

Yeah my island was all mums and windflowers. Always have a few of em for sale.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My turnip prices today are 487, I’ll uh leave the gate open but first does anyone who has a native fruit other than oranges wanna open their gate for a sec?

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    My turnip prices today are 487, I’ll uh leave the gate open but first does anyone who has a native fruit other than oranges wanna open their gate for a sec?

I just sold at 180. :(

I ate an engineer
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

I just sold at 180. :(

If it’s any consolation I didn’t unlock the turnip stuff until Monday so this is of no help to me either.

edited March 2020

Awesome, Lasbrook! I'll open my town in a min, just wrapping up a deserted island

SilverWind on
    signature.png

just added you, I have peaches!

YaYa wrote: »

just added you, I have peaches!

annnnd I am open

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Sorry oranges are my main

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    My gates are likewise open! Gonna be afkish, working

signature.png
    My friend requests are blowing up but I figured I’d just try this dodo code business and set it to open to whoever.

FN66Y

edited March 2020
    sarukun wrote: »

Hey, could I trouble you for the shoji screen? I have a Japanese Tatami room going that could use it.

i can open my island and you can buy it from nook's hellspawn right

I havent done this yet so im not sure how it works, open island and give dodo code?

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    Well I guess the prices changed, they’re only 140 now.

edited March 2020
    @sarukun and anyone else, gates are open code is LHF4R

not a lot going on currently though just grinding and doing some maintenance if anyone wants to get at that tatami/scroll wall

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    everyone had a weeb room full of tatami/wallscrolls/shogi right

not just me then

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Opening up the town while I go paint. Hopefully it’ll stay open for a while. It is raining and the carpet lady is here.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

no gyroids in this game?

Lloid does public work projects

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

no gyroids in this game?

Lloid does public work projects

but not the old furniture style ones?

bummer that could have been really funny with being able to put stuff outside

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    how do you get hybrid flowers?

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh god I am dying without my Animal Crossing

somebody make a

AJoRaFU.jpg

shirt for me, who cannot make shirt

also if anyone visits my island i could use fruit that arent pears or cherries

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Water them everyday and leave space for hybrids to grow. Presumably seeds will then go on sale.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

What King Riptor says; plant & water. The best way to space them out, at least in previous games, was to alternate squares on a grid (so like all the white spaces on a chessboard). Different colors beget different hybrids; so red + white is often pink, yellow + red = orange, etc.

@Flarne and @Mr. G fantastic, mind if I visit either of you sometime? :)

also if anyone visits my island i could use fruit that arent pears or cherries

I can stop by later, I have all other fruits!

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular

What King Riptor says; plant & water. The best way to space them out, at least in previous games, was to alternate squares on a grid (so like all the white spaces on a chessboard). Different colors beget different hybrids; so red + white is often pink, yellow + red = orange, etc.

Flarne and "Mr. G" fantastic, mind if I visit either of you sometime? :)

@Janson Sure, I’ll open it up if I see you on. Guessing our times don’t overlap too much though.

edited March 2020
    If you’re around right now or soonish @Moriveth could visit you?

Edit: Aah he’s super busy today, but I am at home for the next 3 days and can hop on early!

Janson on
    this balloon had a surveillance camera in it

not sure how i feel about that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    big blathers

liEt3nH.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Opening up the town while I go paint. Hopefully it’ll stay open for a while. It is raining and the carpet lady is here.

You have a cool place! Left some apples wrapped in a gift while I was there. Thanks for sharing your place!

VayBJ4e.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Considering getting this and remembered I had New Leaf on my DS, so I booted it up to see how it felt since surely AC hasn't changed that much from then to now right?

First few moments and everything looks fine, apparently I named my town Avalon and my flag is a very pixelated Heart Pirates flag from One Piece. Had a resident scold me for being gone four years.

Unfortunately everything else is just super clunky. Equip a tool? Open menu, click tool, equip. Change tools? Open menu, click portrait, unequip, click tool, equip. Same to just stop using a tool like if I want to shake a tree while bug hunting. Considering this is like 99% of the game it's just clunk clunk clunk. Bye Avalon, this time I'm gone for good after withdrawing my entire savings, with 20k interest growth.

Decided to watch some videos instead and new one just looks smooth. Still on the fence, so I'll keep thinking.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm opening my gates up to all. Southern hemisphere with Oranges, just like Stormy

If you have non orange/non cherry fruit, a donation would be lovely!

87HQG

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Rain stopped but camel lady is still here. Opening back up, come buy carpets!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    A hippo lady named Bubbles moved in and the very first thing she did was call me a hipster.

You are not going to last long here, Bubbles.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
This discussion has been closed.