As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    This event is pretty trivial to clear out, but it's not loaded with loot the way the last one was. Still, free operator with max potential and various loots.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Did a few more pulls and got executor. He seems interesting.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Dependent a bit on where he can be dropped, since his range is even lower than Provence, but he's supposed to be pretty good?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Pulls...

Single 1 - 4*
    Single 3 - Vermeil
    Single 4 - 4*
    Single 6 - 4*
    Single 7 - 4*
    Single 9 - 4*
    Single 10 - Silence P4

lame

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Did a ten pull, got 5* Silence, 4* Vermeil and a dupe of 5* Instina. I know this will probably make the next pull hurt; especially, since I'll probably pop any head hunter cards I have on this banner.

Still need to get ch. 5 unlocked, but It think I'm one or two missions away from having it unlocked. I guess this is probably a good time to knock out chapters I haven't touched. Also need to see if this would be a good time to knock out challenges as well.

4-10 is the last stage of chapter 4 for reference

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Did a ten pull, got 5* Silence, 4* Vermeil and a dupe of 5* Instina. I know this will probably make the next pull hurt; especially, since I'll probably pop any head hunter cards I have on this banner.

Still need to get ch. 5 unlocked, but It think I'm one or two missions away from having it unlocked. I guess this is probably a good time to knock out chapters I haven't touched. Also need to see if this would be a good time to knock out challenges as well.

4-10 is the last stage of chapter 4 for reference

It's also bullshit, imo.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »

Dependent a bit on where he can be dropped, since his range is even lower than Provence, but he's supposed to be pretty good?

AoEs everything in his range with every attack (like Gitano S2). Ignores a sizable amount of armor (160-175 when E2'd). Does 1.5x damage to everything in first row of tiles. S2 makes him hit twice while also making him attack faster for up to 20 seconds.

He has the same forward range as Provence, just not the sides next to him.

Edit: The CN players put him on the same tier as Meteorite. More damage, less range.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Till you overpower 4-10, it's one of the first stages that really forces you to strategy. That boss is an asshole.

It's cheeseable though, especially with a Mayer.

And the music is great. (And you'll be hearing it as it's one of the best Device farming stages.)

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's the only mission I need to clear ch. 4 in order to unlock ch. 5. Got some side missions, that will get down since I can get event currency, while clearing them. Just need to see what I have on hand for making 4-10 as painless as possible.

Also need to farm up chips for Meteorite, so I can E1 her. Figure I try to get her to E1 max, if not E2 before I do more A3 attempts this weekend. I figure that gives me options. I think she did work better than Shirayuki. Probably getting Ptilopsis to E2 will make things a bit smoother, since more skill spam and she'll put out more healing, so less chance for bullshit ballista and arts drones landing their shots in a way that kills the AoE snipper I'm using. Even if I get my Meteorite to E1, might not use her if RNG let's me get someone else's with more levels. Can just keep Shirayuki on hand to drop if RNG hoses me and I want to salvage or when I don't need FEater, since I think she can be positioned to hit the boss. Debating if I should also get Savage and Mousse to E2 lvl 50, since both have to deal with the boss. Mousse is already lvl 46 and I decided I'd add one mastery to her first skill, since she seems to be a go to for some types of boss killing, might as well make her better at it.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pulled Executor in 5 pulls. I find this pretty unexciting, since I have Platinum and Meteorite as 5 Star snipers already. Would love to see a new 6 Star of any class... that'd be nice.

• Options
    Till you overpower 4-10, it's one of the first stages that really forces you to strategy. That boss is an asshole.

It's cheeseable though, especially with a Mayer.

And the music is great. (And you'll be hearing it as it's one of the best Device farming stages.)

Yeah, I had the issue that SilverAsh could facetank the boss indefinitely until the bullshit happened.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    4-10 is weird because, judging from the later times I've seen that boss show up, it seems like one of the most complex ways to have to fight her.

But also you can just borrow someone's E-2 Exu and instagib her nearly immediately without recourse. It's one of the most severe cases of big numbers beats strategy I've felt in the game.

• Options
    Decided to roll. I blame reading @Orphane 's post.

2nd 10: Magallan. Silence. NOT EXECUTOR.
    3rd 10: Literally nothing of value. All 4*s and lower.
    4th 10: Executor, my boy.

• Options
    4-10 is weird because, judging from the later times I've seen that boss show up, it seems like one of the most complex ways to have to fight her.

But also you can just borrow someone's E-2 Exu and instagib her nearly immediately without recourse. It's one of the most severe cases of big numbers beats strategy I've felt in the game.

Yea I just used sora + exu when I got up to it and she never managed to walk across the beginning area.

• Options

Yea I just used sora + exu when I got up to it and she never managed to walk across the beginning area.

When I first beat the stage and got a solid auto it was an epic fight of legends.

Now I just stall her with Mayer drones and point Silver Ash and a couple snipers at her. It feels bad.

• Options

When I first beat the stage and got a solid auto it was an epic fight of legends.

Now I just stall her with Mayer drones and point Silver Ash and a couple snipers at her. It feels bad.

Well, yeah. I'm sure if I just aimed Truesilver at her now it would settle it quicker. I still highly dislike the mechanic of it.

• Options
    The event Archive scenes are very good.

• Options
    There, my 4-10 auto should be stable now, without using any tiles that have RNG issues. A line of snipers and SilverAsh all lined up on the second row to melt her. Siege and Cuora holding the lanes (Saria catching for Siege when there's more than 2). Truesilver gets her most of the way dead and there's enough incoming barrage to finish it.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    father forgive me, for I have SilverAshed the event.

• Options

Yeah I hope they do a lot more of this kind of vignette writing, the normal pre/post mission story skits have been very underwhelming so far in this game but the first one of this event's vignettes was quite good! Looking forward to unlocking the rest.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'm just happy I didn't have to sit through a billion cutscenes when I'm just trying to burn sanity

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Yeah I hope they do a lot more of this kind of vignette writing, the normal pre/post mission story skits have been very underwhelming so far in this game but the first one of this event's vignettes was quite good! Looking forward to unlocking the rest.

I rather liked Chapter 5's.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The writing's gotten steadily better throughout the chapters honestly. Wouldn't exactly call it good but Ch'en's stuff seemed to gain a lot from being more isolated from the grander plot.

• Options
    it feels like the writing has also suffered a bit from the rough localization maybe? hard to tell the difference between that and a good localization of forgettable writing I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it feels like the writing has also suffered a bit from the rough localization maybe? hard to tell the difference between that and a good localization of forgettable writing I guess.

The English in this game isn't great at all. I hope that, like Epic 7, some international success will need to hiring better localizers that can make it actually sound native.

• Options
    It's bizarre to me to see faults out in the open like "regular drops drops". That's something you see ALL the time, not an incidental typo.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i just skip the story at this point.

it's... not good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This event sucks, but Flamebringer is good

Also I got Magellan on my third draw on this new banner, which... sure?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    This event sucks, but Flamebringer is good

Also I got Magellan on my third draw on this new banner, which... sure?

I don't know I'd say it sucks.

It's shallow, but there is some lore if you're into that.

And a good chance to farm tier 3 polyester (green squares)

• Options
    Does the big furniture pack in the shop have all the parts?

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Does the big furniture pack in the shop have all the parts?

Yes, and the copies you need for the full set.

• Options
    Ughhh. I wanted shotgun bishounen but I got Silence as my pity 5* after 10 single pulls. And then a 10 pull with nothing higher than a 4*. And today I did a few more pulls with my remaining juice to fish fof him some more and all I got was another Silence. You're the wrong rate-up!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Friend visits are confusing me. What timer is it going off of to consider a visit "repeated" or not? It's certainly not the daily reset...

• Options
    Meteorite off a DPS recruiting tag....alone.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    ipFXIbNh.jpg

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Friend visits are confusing me. What timer is it going off of to consider a visit "repeated" or not? It's certainly not the daily reset...

You only get credits from friend visits to people with clue parties or whatever it's called going on, and you only get credits from a clue party once. They are the thing you launch when you collect a full set of clues and last 24 hours. If it tells you you can't get more credits you already visited that clue party.

It also conveniently sorts you through all the friends with clue parties going on first when you cycle through them with the next button in the reception room so if you start hitting ones where there's no message at all that means you've visited everyone on your list having a party.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

You only get credits from friend visits to people with clue parties or whatever it's called going on, and you only get credits from a clue party once. They are the thing you launch when you collect a full set of clues and last 24 hours. If it tells you you can't get more credits you already visited that clue party.

It also conveniently sorts you through all the friends with clue parties going on first when you cycle through them with the next button in the reception room so if you start hitting ones where there's no message at all that means you've visited everyone on your list having a party.

How similar is clue swapping to swinging?

• Options
    clue swapping is what the kids are calling it these days

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    @Madican and anyone else with E2 Eyjafjalla, could you do me a favor and change your skill to S3? I want to try using volcano on the chapter 5 event stage challenge mode.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KyyomfT.jpg

Took the 1/4 Vulcan chance on Defender and got Nearl P2 instead. Oh well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg