As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm psyched that Warhammer 40k: Mechinus is coming to Switch. I'll take as many tactics games as they can give me.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    King's Bounty 2...

Hmm. I've played a bunch of the King's Bounty games on Steam, and while I'm not sure I'd call them good they did have the kind of jank I happen to find charming. So... one to keep in mind, maybe.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't know how much like the semi-recent Kings Bounty series 2 will be, but they were pretty good for what they were. I know it isn't accurate to say HoMM lite, given that Kings Bounty lead to HoMM in the first place, but it's how they played!

Still, at least from the trailer, KB2 looks to be more medival than fantasy like the modern KB games were.

Also, they ran that shit to the ground. The expansions, pseudo-sequels, etc, all with the exact same gameplay, without much else to carry them through, just made it get to be too much after awhile. I'm not sure I ever actually played Warriors of the North, but I know I have it. It just was more of the same.

Though, KB2, for what its worth, looks like it spices things up, and all that terrain stuff should help out. Also, visually showing that units are actually squads is nice, helps to reinforce the tactical aspect and move away from the "party" visuals that the previous ones used (along with how HoMM does it).

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Actually a bit excited about a new Clubhouse Games. Actually played the DS one a *ton* back in the day.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Actually a bit excited about a new Clubhouse Games. Actually played the DS one a *ton* back in the day.

The fact you can play multi with only one person having the game has me very interested. Clubhouse Games was my lifeline when I worked retail.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm very curious how the borderlands collection will preform. Visually, I mean. It'll definitely be 30fps, no doubts there, which given I've only ever played the series (ton of 1, never actually finished 2, haven't played 3) on PC's that far exceeded the requirements and got all the fps; might be rough to adjust to. Hopefully they worked with some of the dev teams that have now figured out how to do some pretty impressive things with ports on the Switch. And I wonder if/how it'll do multiplayer.

And despite having decided against Animal Crossing, that easter thing made me want to reconsider. FOMO is a bitch, yo.

Borderlands was surprisingly good on the Vita, even though it did not include at least some of the DLC (Tiny Tina's, for instance).

So I have high hopes for the far more powerful Switch version.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OK Atlus is just fucking trolling at this point.

I mean, I like Catherine. But fucking come on, Atlus.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I used to really like Catherine, but my opinion of it has dropped a lot over the years. Mostly because of the writing.

The puzzling is still really good, though.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

They can't be fucking bothered to port Persona 5 but they sure seem to be trying to tie with Doom for the record number of platforms they can port goddamn Catherine to.

• Options
    OK my reply is harsh. I'm actually really glad Catherine is coming to Switch. But if you can bring that to Switch, you can either follow up with us on the forgotten Shin Megami Tensei 5, and/or Persona 5 on Switch.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

They can't be fucking bothered to port Persona 5 but they sure seem to be trying to tie with Doom for the record number of platforms they can port goddamn Catherine to.

Well, Catherine is both a smaller game, and a ps3 game...

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    So excited to finally play XCom2! Did I miss it or is XCom 1 not being released?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I don't know how much like the semi-recent Kings Bounty series 2 will be, but they were pretty good for what they were. I know it isn't accurate to say HoMM lite, given that Kings Bounty lead to HoMM in the first place, but it's how they played!

Still, at least from the trailer, KB2 looks to be more medival than fantasy like the modern KB games were.

Also, they ran that shit to the ground. The expansions, pseudo-sequels, etc, all with the exact same gameplay, without much else to carry them through, just made it get to be too much after awhile. I'm not sure I ever actually played Warriors of the North, but I know I have it. It just was more of the same.

Though, KB2, for what its worth, looks like it spices things up, and all that terrain stuff should help out. Also, visually showing that units are actually squads is nice, helps to reinforce the tactical aspect and move away from the "party" visuals that the previous ones used (along with how HoMM does it).

The only true King's Bounty!

jrM8LVn.png

Actually I played Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff, the direct remake on PS2, which was also pretty good.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Copying that password from the Genesis version was painful.

Drez on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Persona 5 is a ps3 game too.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Good Direct, though it seems like Nintendo is holding back some stuff to save for an E3 presentation.

Well, a presentation for whenever E3 was supposed to happen.

Well, assuming everything doesn't get delayed indefinitely.

....damn, this year is weird.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    *animal crossing time travellers* - "I'm gonna skip ahead and see everything in one day!"

*Nintendo, with seasonal events locked and loaded* - "*teleports behind them*Nothing personnel, kid."

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Excited for Xenoblade, especially the new epilogue. I wonder if they managed to get Jenna Coleman back to play Melia, or if they got a soundalike?

Also excited for Bravely Default II. And the tactics games. And a few other things.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Good Direct, though it seems like Nintendo is holding back some stuff to save for an E3 presentation.

Well, a presentation for whenever E3 was supposed to happen.

Well, assuming everything doesn't get delayed indefinitely.

....damn, this year is weird.

E3-ish time is usually when they do the fall release stuff and drop some "in production" bombshells like MP4 and BotW2.

I was expecting this one to be basically what it was, though to be honest I wasn't expecting XC:DE to be so soon, I totally thought it was going to be a fall release, so I'm happy with that.

By this point it should be just a rule of expectation for most Directs to be immediate future releases, no more than one season in advance.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Blech, Catherine, no thanks.
    But very big yes to more Clubhouse Games, I played so much Hanafuda back in the day. Also cool to see Burnout on Switch, even though I already have it on Xbone. Also cool to see the last MUA3 DLC come out, now I'll look into the Season Pass if the playable section you get for free is any good.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    So excited to finally play XCom2! Did I miss it or is XCom 1 not being released?

No xcom1 announced/released so far for switch.

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Persona 5 (vanilla) was released for both PS3 and PS4. The digital PS3 release is 16.1 GB, so it's not especially huge. The Warriors-esque game also shows Switch can nail the visuals. The Royal file size is another story.

For reference:

Catherine - Full Body: 13.4 GB (PS4)
    Persona 5 (PS3): 16.1 GB
    Persona 5 (PS4): 20.2 GB
    Persona 5 Royal: 37.8 GB

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    *animal crossing time travellers* - "I'm gonna skip ahead and see everything in one day!"

*Nintendo, with seasonal events locked and loaded* - "*teleports behind them*Nothing personnel, kid."

Who said you can only travel forward? I’ve been a couple days into April and back to current.

The events do require online verified time though apparently to trigger.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I may have missed this as I am SEVERAL pages behind, but if not: https://kotaku.com/capcom-s-wonderful-underwater-2d-action-adventure-shins-1842510176

Basically, Shinsekai: Into The Depth was surprise released today and it looks like an underwater Metroidvania.

EDIT - Nevermind, I probably did miss it since I guess it was mentioned in that Nintendo Direct. Carry on!

vamen on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    IceBurner wrote: »

Persona 5 (vanilla) was released for both PS3 and PS4. The digital PS3 release is 16.1 GB, so it's not especially huge. The Warriors-esque game also shows Switch can nail the visuals. The Royal file size is another story.

For reference:

Catherine - Full Body: 13.4 GB (PS4)
    Persona 5 (PS3): 16.1 GB
    Persona 5 (PS4): 20.2 GB
    Persona 5 Royal: 37.8 GB

That reminds me. Scramble is almost hilarious in how mentally bankrupt and afraid of doing goddamned anything the writers are, and that's even coming after Royal's damp fart of its additional content. What's even going on with Atlus? Did they replace all the writers with mynah birds?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

jrM8LVn.png

Actually I played Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff, the direct remake on PS2, which was also pretty good.

Shit man I can’t believe I’m seeing this here. That one is e only Kings bounty I ever knew. That was a rough game for sure.

Is it just me, or does Bravely Default 2 look unbelievably good for a switch game? That trailer made it look amazing as fuck visually.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Wait, I'm confused. Is Bravely Default 2 NOT the same sequel that came out on 3ds?

EDIT - oh that was Bravely Second. What the what...

vamen on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Wait, I'm confused. Is Bravely Default 2 NOT the same sequel that came out on 3ds?

Bravely Second Hyper Fighting Edition should be out eventually.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

So far it looks like this game is a different world than the prior two. So we'll see.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

They're being cheeky about it but I'm fairly positive P5R is already being ported to Switch.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Bravely Second Hyper Fighting Edition should be out eventually.

Pshh, only as a Japanese Arcade Exclusive, best we'll get here is a perfume and high end clothing line.

DaringDirk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

jrM8LVn.png

The time limit on this game was fucking bullshit.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    The sequel to Bravely Default 2 will be called Bravely 2econd.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

2 Bravely
    2 Default

Or...

Too Bravely, Too Default

nusu on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I have the Wii version of Xenoblade but never played it so I'm gonna wait until I hear about all the changes in the Switch version before I consider re-buying it

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I have the Wii version.

And the 3DS version.

And soon I'll have the Switch version.

I'll actually play through it this time.

I did like what I played on the 3DS version. I started to open up the world to a hundred billion sidequests and I got overwhelmed. I'm determined to play through it this time, though. The visual fidelity between the 3DS version and the upcoming Switch version seems...extreme. In a good way.

Drez on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

2 Bravely
    2 Default

Or...

Too Bravely, Too Default

Starring Vin Diesel

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Can I use the joycons as motion controllers and push/pull them for speed and steering?

4dm3dwuxq302.png