As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEGA finding new ways to disappoint us in 2024

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    worms is great series, though it can seem less special on account of it having what feels like a dozen releases every year

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    We owned a Sega Saturn. My parents probably got more use out of it than I did; they both fiended for Bubble Bobble and my dad got a pinball game that he played for hours.

I remember NiGHTS (or however the capitalization worked out on that), I played more Sonic R than it probably deserved, and I actually played my first JRPG on the Saturn, Albert Odyssey: The Legend of Eldean. It... was not a good game, honestly. Most boss fights were literally just spamming the same attack you'd been using for the past five hours and healing off damage from the boss for fifteen minutes at a stretch.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I bought the Saturn twice, only because some kid came over and stole it the first time. I still have the second one somewhere around here, chip-modded to play imports, but I'd also have to go and replace the battery in it.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Sonic R rules

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Sonic R rules

sonic r was genuinely great and primarily suffered from a lack of content

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Looking at prices lately, I sold my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga way too early, I only got $400 for it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    big agree

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping to get a Saturn of my own one day, though likely not before I get a Model 1 SEGA CD to go with my Model 1 Genesis (Unless I happen upon a good deal, of course).

And I'm going to have to get one of the original NA controllers, because part of what little nostalgia I have for the thing involves using those when playing on demo units.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Sega Saturn is my favorite system of all time, and Dragon Force is the best strategy RPG ever made.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    That is some omega levels of anime in that trailer.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if there's one thing I know Sakura Wars is, it's anime as fuck

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I bought the Saturn twice, only because some kid came over and stole it the first time. I still have the second one somewhere around here, chip-modded to play imports, but I'd also have to go and replace the battery in it.

My Saturn could play imports just fine with no mods?
    I mean I got the Phantasy Star collection {this was also when I was learning Japanese} and played it just fine

I am still bitter about Shining Force III on it in NA

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »

My Saturn could play imports just fine with no mods?
    I mean I got the Phantasy Star collection {this was also when I was learning Japanese} and played it just fine

I am still bitter about Shining Force III on it in NA
    Maybe it came pre-modded? I do know that the standard North American Saturn was region-locked, although after looking it up, I'm hearing that some North American games would play fine on a Japanese Saturn with no extra steps. I haven't actually booted up a Saturn in years so I'm not 100% sure.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah NA saturn definitely requires some external help to play out of region stuff

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The phantasy star remake yay

• Options
    Is that the version of Phantasy Star that they added some QoL improvements to?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Is that the version of Phantasy Star that they added some QoL improvements to?

Yes

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    speaking of Phantasy Star, I guess PSO2's up on Xbone now

I'm installing it, anyway, so it better be

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Been up for a couple weeks to taunt the PC crowd.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Been up for a couple weeks to taunt the PC crowd.

I hope the graphics settings are... existent on the PC version, because, while not bad per se, it's showing its age

need some anti-aliasing and stuff in there

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    They really need to hurry up and get PSO2 out on PC.

My mag needs feeding something fierce.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Still no Skies of Arcadia

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I still have my dad's Saturn some where Sega Rally, Clockwork Knight and the Daytona USA ports and BUG! Where all pretty good

Maybe not bug it was ok

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Oh virtual cop and virtual fighter banged pretty hard as well since the Saturn had a proper good 8 way dpad that I sorely miss

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Oh virtual cop and virtual fighter banged pretty hard as well since the Saturn had a proper good 8 way dpad that I sorely miss

Fighting vipers!

• Options
    I still have my dad's Saturn some where Sega Rally, Clockwork Knight and the Daytona USA ports and BUG! Where all pretty good

Maybe not bug it was ok

I have a soft spot for Bug!. I didn't play much Saturn back in the day, but I do have fond memories of playing it on a demo kiosk at Blockbuster.

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Fighters Megamix. You could be a Daytona car beating up Fighting Vipers or Virtua Fighter characters!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Virtual On was awesome if you bought the controller.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Maybe not bug it was ok

I have a soft spot for Bug!. I didn't play much Saturn back in the day, but I do have fond memories of playing it on a demo kiosk at Blockbuster.

It's gots a pretty fun premise and isn't like the worst platformer maybe when I'm done when the GameCube I'll give it another whirl

The artstyle is pretty fun to

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Maybe not bug it was ok

Dragon Force is life.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    the Saturn version of the Daytona USA soundtrack is flatly superior to the arcade version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiAlrSeZAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBjH6lQT4w

e: wait, no, fuck, now that I'm listening to it the arcade version also jams, I like the creative stretching of a limited amount of voice sampling they could squeeze in actually, quite a lot, it creates a really interesting effect

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Virtual On was awesome if you bought the controller.

Virtual On was the shiiiiiiiit, the arcade machine was so rad....

• Options
    I played so much Virtual On with a dreamcast controller playing it the "right" way just feels weird to me now.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options