As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    60k ticket was Shadow Lord #4. One more item to run through IW tomorrow.

Not even sure what i’m shooting for with Locke’s dagger. Have 22% attack and 15% Spr right now. For Kryla i guess i should be shooting for HP. But with expert missions, i might grab a Lilisette and she’d want attack.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Did they change how much amber is needed to craft the exclusive equipment for the FFX-2 units? Because Paine's and Yuna's stuff used to be 200 amber, but now it's 100.

[edit] Huh, this means you should be able to get everything just by doing the exploration once a day. Except the ribbon, but I have like 5 of them.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'll probably just craft the Rikku accessory and then save the materials to craft the others later if I get Yuna or Paine 7* and decide to use them.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    War of the Visions came out this morning. Is there going to be a separate thread for it?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    A separate thread would probably be best since the systems are different enough to warrant it, and it would be good to have a dedicated place to house beginning strategies/rerolling info/early tier lists etc. I'm not gonna make said thread, however, since I have no interest in playing WoTV.

Edit: That being said, if anyone wants to post about WoTV here in the meantime until a proper thread is made, that's cool.

Cruor on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I just tried it for a bit and I doubt I'll stick with it. It seems too over complicated and tedious. Just doing basic stuff takes like four confirms and it has no flow at all. I did 12 of the beginner/tutorial missions, and there are still more to go. I keep getting a bunch of materials that are used for one of the kinds of character upgrading, or both? Or are there more than two? It really didn't hook me at all.

The graphics are nice, and the voice acting is good. The summoning seems extremely unsatisfying. I summoned a story skip ticket. Why would I want to skip the story? Wtf?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    I just tried it for a bit and I doubt I'll stick with it. It seems too over complicated and tedious. Just doing basic stuff takes like four confirms and it has no flow at all. I did 12 of the beginner/tutorial missions, and there are still more to go. I keep getting a bunch of materials that are used for one of the kinds of character upgrading, or both? Or are there more than two? It really didn't hook me at all.

The graphics are nice, and the voice acting is good. The summoning seems extremely unsatisfying. I summoned a story skip ticket. Why would I want to skip the story? Wtf?

I imagine Skip tickets are probably like in Alchemist Code. Ie, you can use them to spend the energy and redo a stage you already beat instantly, getting all the drops from it without having to actually do it again. They're to save you farming time.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I see.

I've seen it called Alchemist Code 2.0, but never having played AC, I don't really know what that means.

• Options
    I'm just not interested in the supposedly high time/money investment needed for WoTV. Maybe if it was the only game I played, but it would at best be a tertiary game, and I don't think I'd get much out of it played super casually like that.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I think part of it for me is that I generally bounce off of tactics games like that. I've tried several but the only one I ever really liked was Tactics Advance A2 for some reason. I've tried to play the original FF Tactics multiple times and it just doesn't do anything for me.

So that kind of gameplay, plus what's apparently a pretty customer unfriendly gacha system, plus a home screen I found very overwhelming, equals a big ole pass from me.

And yes, I recognize that its home screen probably isn't any more cluttered and intimidating than FFBE's, but I had three years to get used to this mess. I don't have it in me to jump into the deep end right away.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    A2 refined the experience to the point where there was nothing better you could do to improve it.

WotV is tedious because, beyond the tactical aspects which already makes it somewhat complicated to think about, *every aspect of the game* is locked behind layers upon layers of enhancements, awakenings, and dizzying UI.
    - Adventurers of course need to be enhanced and awakened. No big deal, this actually isn't as bad as it could be.
    - Oh, they have job levels? Better go figure out the skill tree for that too.
    - Want a weapon? Got to find a recipe, then craft it, then enhance it, then awaken it, then repeat.
    - Hey look, those cards need to be attached to your player. Better upgrade them then enhance them then awaken them then repeat!
    - Don't forget the espers, the inventory bingo, the missions, the multiple shops, the so on, the so forths...

It's just. Too. Much. I have a picture of the UI on the front page and I'm frankly disgusted at it. Not even talking about the premium-versus-non-premium currency.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Yeah, at this point I'm not looking from something more grindy than what I'm already playing. I love FF:T and have played it half a dozen times at this point. There is plenty of grinding in that game, but it's not layered in the grind. Also the story and characters are amazing. Sadly I doubt you'll get too deep of a story/characters since it's a gacha game and they throw units at you left and right.

• Options
    Looking forward to the datamine info for the FMA units, especially King Bradley. I think Ed and Al are going to be pretty much exactly like they are in JP (so, pretty damn powerful - Ed should be about as strong as Odin Raegen). It'll be interesting to see what the Roy Mustang upgrades are. He was pretty good in JP but passed over mostly due to him being locked to fire.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    The free daily 10+1 summons start tomorrow. I should expand my unit capacity.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    Unit info is up on the Wiki. They all look really solid. King Bradley looks like a better version of Kaito, kinda. Locked to lightning damage (his CD that unlocks the better effects of all his stuff imbues lightning), has some DoTs, has a bunch of skills that boost the modifier on his main chaining skill. I'm sure someone will come up with an optimal skill rotation for him. He also has 70% breaks, but they're paired ATK/DEF and MAG/SPR which is less than ideal.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Threw some tickets at the banner. No Elrics yet, but I did get Aerith #2. Going to hold off on case I need some tickets for Bradley, but I'm confident my Lapis can get him.

I did enhance my Nagi, she's up on Nemesis 2 (I think?) if anyone wants to try her out. Chains light or dark with DR frames, ice with AZ frames and water with BS frames.

Zomro on
  • Options
    ...welp. So I threw fifteen tickets at the banner to get some bonus units. Landed an Edward. I really did not expect this. Now to consider if it's worth spending an omniprism on an unit that is never going to get enhanced or improved, or remembered at all.

• Options
    So I guess this omniprism bundle is a good deal? I only have like 11K lapis right now, but with the new story content there's a bit of a bump there. I'm glad they extended the buying period, so I can mull it over a little longer.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ad rewards wheel gave me 150 lapis this morning. I'm undecided on what to do about the 2nd omniprism bundle. It is a fantastic deal, but I don't know when/where I would need to use an omniprism. I'm back up to 70 UoC tickets and I'm pretty much done with all collab/limited units. I just bought the one to have in my pocket in case of emergency, but I doubt I'll ever use it.

edit: Free 10 summon was 4 golds and 6 blues. Better than expected.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Bradley and Mustang are in the EX pool yet? I've been too lazy to use any of my EX tickets for the past couple of months (I have 7 10+1s, 3 5+1s, 14 4*, and 40 3* EX tickets) and figured now would be as good a time as any to use them.

• Options
    Free 10 summon included Ellesperis#4. One of the FMA:B tickets was Nalu#2. Did one raid box multisummon which included the 5* EX ticket, which dropped Agent Olive#2. Pretty dang good haul!
    Cururu wrote: »
    Anyone know if Bradley and Mustang are in the EX pool yet? I've been too lazy to use any of my EX tickets for the past couple of months (I have 7 10+1s, 3 5+1s, 14 4*, and 40 3* EX tickets) and figured now would be as good a time as any to use them.

They should be in the EX pool, yes.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I'm going to wait on the FMA tickets. I saw that I completed a couple of the quests, but have not claimed them yet. Make sure to check the Quest/Mission log everyone! You have to scroll over from the Daily quests to find the FMA ones.
    Cururu wrote: »
    I would double check the next banner notice and look at the fine print at the bottom. It should state if/when they will be added to the EX pool.

edit: According to the banner news, no. Bradley and Mustang will be added on Monday.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    A question - what other units that are reasonably popular do Stardust Ray chaining? Because Edward seems to be 100% Stardust Ray and I dunno who does that.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    A question - what other units that are reasonably popular do Stardust Ray chaining? Because Edward seems to be 100% Stardust Ray and I dunno who does that.

Madam Edel, for now. A lot of upcoming chainers will be in the SR family. AKRain uses SR when not spamming his LB.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    King Rain is probably the most popular one. I know Elena has one SR move. There are a bunch of them now, though, but I don't have them.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Did the 25k step up. Walked away with cg Terra #2 and 3 copies of Ed. Used the ticket to get a copy of Al who I'll probably omniprism. Used about 70 tickets but only got a Sieghard copy. The free pull gave me another copy, so now I have his stmr.

Artereis on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    MM Xon has an SR chain move, he also has a ton of other chaining families. King Bradley, whom I hope to own soon, is also SR family.

Used the reward and mission tickets and got CG Jake #7. I'm not going to use anymore tickets (regular ones, there's still FMA tickets to get), need to save some for future MK events. So I'll be using Lapis once Bradley and Mustang's banner is up and then I'll see where I'm at for the Elrics.

Zomro on
  • Options
    The omniprism bundle being refreshed is really interesting and also tempting. With the new story stuff I'll be back over 45k Lapis and would be pretty safe buying it and maintaining 35k for Easter/unit design banners. I kinda feel like Easter is gonna be bonkers with all of the decent banners and bundles they've been throwing at us to entice us to use up Lapis.

• Options
    It's tempting. I'm only at 15K lapis but still have story stuff to do. Also I have almost 40 UoC's and with 20 more coming, I could just wait and use those for any unit that comes out. Easter units were not limited last time, so if they do new ones, I'd imagine you could UoC them. And all the user stuff also was not limited.

I think the next limited banners would be halloween again (outside of collab's).

• Options
    I'd love to have an omniprism in the bank though for when I inevitably chase another limited banner, as I am likely to do. Having an insurance policy for Halloween in particular will be great since I'm a sucker for Halloween units. I assume we will get access to another omniprism or two during the next anniversary (if they don't just give us one), which will also be great.

I know it's irrational but part of me is convinced that the big April collab is going to be something nobody is expecting. Like, I dunno, somehow they figured out how to navigate the Chrono Trigger rights and hey, here's 5* base Crono and Magus. If that happens I would kick myself for not having an omniprism waiting.

• Options
    For some reason, Kimahri is giving a bonus to raid currency on the FMA event, and even shows as bonus on the friends list. I tested it by taking a specifically non bonus unit and I was getting more currency from taking a friend Kimahri. I imagine it's a bug, so take advantage while you can.

I got Kimono Fina #3 from the raid 5* EX ticket, so one more for a decent robe.

• Options
    The FFX and FFX-2 units are all bonus units for the raid, which is nice. Gumi is giving us a break so that you don't need to pull for limited units for high bonus.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    The FFX and FFX-2 units are all bonus units for the raid, which is nice. Gumi is giving us a break so that you don't need to pull for limited units for high bonus.

To be clear, just the new ones. Older units like Lulu do not have a bonus on them.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I'd love to have an omniprism in the bank though for when I inevitably chase another limited banner, as I am likely to do. Having an insurance policy for Halloween in particular will be great since I'm a sucker for Halloween units. I assume we will get access to another omniprism or two during the next anniversary (if they don't just give us one), which will also be great.

I know it's irrational but part of me is convinced that the big April collab is going to be something nobody is expecting. Like, I dunno, somehow they figured out how to navigate the Chrono Trigger rights and hey, here's 5* base Crono and Magus. If that happens I would kick myself for not having an omniprism waiting.

I think I'm going to skip this one. I still have 1 Omni-Prism from the last one. As awesome as the bundle is, they've been stingy with the Fountain of Lapis bundles and I'd rather work towards 25K lapis in case some awesome banner shows up here soon that I can't use UoC's on.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I think I'm going to skip this one. I still have 1 Omni-Prism from the last one. As awesome as the bundle is, they've been stingy with the Fountain of Lapis bundles and I'd rather work towards 25K lapis in case some awesome banner shows up here soon that I can't use UoC's on.

Oh yeah if I didn't have over 40k Lapis I definitely would skip this omniprism bundle. Not going for the CNY units let me save a bit.

• Options
    Not sure what to use nrg on this week.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Story Season 3 Ch 3? That's what I'm working on.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Random ticket got me Alphonse. Neat!

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Story Season 3 Ch 3? That's what I'm working on.

Haha i’m still somewhere in season 2. Guess I should work on that.

Threw a couple tickets just to see, off banner rainbow, Sweet Nichol. I guess thats my sign to just hoard.

• Options
    Free 10 summon had Paine #2 today. She has a lot of elemental coverage, so that's cool.