As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I ah
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    i'm southern hemisphere
    we have a ton of cooler fishes.
    I got oranges, coconuts, pears and peaches, plus roses.
    my weeds are different for some reason

Lemme know if you wanna visit

I have to check if I have you on my friends list. I need Oranges and then I have all the fruit. :D

Island open for EVERYONE via dodo code, f0v54

come one, come all
    get all the oranges you want.

Thanks for the oranges! I also snagged a salmon and a puffer fish!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Holy moly there's like 30k worth of Nook miles stuff that I want to get from the ABD today.

help

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I don't know what is going on here.

Has anybody seen their villagers do this?? I would say they're pretending to fly brooms like witches but they're just holding the sticks in their hands. They don't explain what they're doing if I talk to them.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't know what is going on here.

Has anybody seen their villagers do this?? I would say they're pretending to fly brooms like witches but they're just holding the sticks in their hands. They don't explain what they're doing if I talk to them.

I've seen mine running around all the time like that. They're going stir crazy being quarantined on the island. Lock you're door when you sleep. All work and no play and all that. :D

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hey fam, I’m on the lookout for the following flowers:

Orange Windflowers, Roses of any color, Yellow and White Tulips, and Red Cosmos.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I think there's a real disconnect between how the game was meant to be played, which is chipping away at things bit by bit over months, vs how many of us are playing, which is driving to maximize every unlock/upgrade every day. 500,000 bells per room is a lot if you're trying to do it in a single session, but not so much if you're just selling fruit and fish over the course of a week.

Listen man I dont have a bathroom. I need that for my immersion

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    @akjak got yer orange windflowers, opening the gates.

e: nvm, realized I could mail them to you.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    akjak wrote: »

Orange Windflowers, Roses of any color, Yellow and White Tulips, and Red Cosmos.

I have yellow tulips around my house. I'll open up my town for a bit and you can take them if you replace it with any other flower. I might have some other tulips in the northwest part of my town, can't remember.

Edit: and open, but no white tulips. The camel saleslady is also here.

Edit2: need to close to step out for a bit, will ping you when im back around if you haven't found yellow tulips by then

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    akjak wrote: »

i got tons of roses and red cosmos

my gates are still open, dodo code f0v54

plus all the wonderful Southern fish and bugs

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I thought about doing a feild of only white tulips but that may be too geeky even for me

My plaza area is shaping up. I have a snack stand and cotton candy machine. My mountain observation park is all set up too. I may leave to top level mostly pine tree and a non native flower.

I should really post my friend code at some point.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    @Stormwatcher Got oranges and a king salmon and whale shark so I feel pretty good! Thanks!

• Options
    Gawd I love the mail feature! Coming to visit Stormy!

• Options
    Had a small hiccup, new code:
    8CN25

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    “Interference”

Does that happen if other are arriving/leaving?

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Dodo codes are single use.

And I tried. So maybe?

Edit: I succeeded!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    I really dislike these river fish that only spawn in specific spots. It's really tedious. Also whoever thought Manila clams shouldn't stack and that you shouldn't be able to craft all of your fish bait at once should be placed in the stocks.

• Options
    Whee! Thank you! Taking this stuff home before any errors lol.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I really dislike these river fish that only spawn in specific spots. It's really tedious. Also whoever thought Manila clams shouldn't stack and that you shouldn't be able to craft all of your fish bait at once should be placed in the stocks.
    I really like different criteria for fish, gimme all of them, rain, location, full moon, whatever.

One thousand years dungeon for not letting manila clams stack, tho.

• Options
    1. Omg Stormland is crazyballs compared to my island! I caught a koy!

2. This online is some... different stuff.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I just bought a Cat Tower (the little play thing for cats) and a Pet Bed if anyone wants them I can open my town up and you can pick it up and put em down.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »
    Went on my first Nook Island Adventure and found a demon circling a fire and invited him to my island... turns out hes just a goat :/

Anyone have Deidre? She sucks and I hate her. Please randomly end a sentence with whatevs I beg you. How do I vote people off my island?

Ignore them until they leave. Shun them mercilessly.

Im pretry sure you can evict villagers now. No bullying required.

Okay good, I don't particularly like her but I don't think I have it in me to just ostracize her.

I have a new beef with Tom Nook though, 198,000 bells for a larger studio apartment? Get the fuck out of here.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    @urahonky I want those if you can post a dodo code

• Options
    Elin wrote: »
    Went on my first Nook Island Adventure and found a demon circling a fire and invited him to my island... turns out hes just a goat :/

Anyone have Deidre? She sucks and I hate her. Please randomly end a sentence with whatevs I beg you. How do I vote people off my island?

Ignore them until they leave. Shun them mercilessly.

Im pretry sure you can evict villagers now. No bullying required.

Okay good, I don't particularly like her but I don't think I have it in me to just ostracize her.

I have a new beef with Tom Nook though, 198,000 bells for a larger studio apartment? Get the fuck out of here.

It also comes with more storage.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

@Ah_Pook 1K4QR

• Options
    I'll be running afk to watch my daughter for a bit. Feel free to take anything on the ground if you see anything.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I really like different criteria for fish, gimme all of them, rain, location, full moon, whatever.

The river one is super annoying because it requires changing to different movement tools if I want to move between the river mouths. The dock is theoretically the same but less annoying because I can just run up and down the beach while catching other valuable fish, getting clams, and catching hermit crabs. Basically only the pond/mouth/cliff river fish are worthwhile and it's obnoxious to maneuver there.

I really wish the ladder was just an upgrade for the pole. Vault up cliffs and maybe fireman slide back down them. Or maybe this is a map specific annoyance for me.

I don't even mind the rain coelacanth one. It's just how annoying it is to traverse the rivers and how worthless everything is around there.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I’m glad to see from today’s Direct that Bunny Day will actually last near on a fortnight. The annual one day events in older games always forced a bit of time travelling on you if your real life schedule didn’t match up with some free time to play.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

@Ah_Pook 1K4QR

I didn't see any fruit trees aside from cherry on your island so I left you some pears and a few oranges from Stormland!

• Options

The river one is super annoying because it requires changing to different movement tools if I want to move between the river mouths. The dock is theoretically the same but less annoying because I can just run up and down the beach while catching other valuable fish, getting clams, and catching hermit crabs. Basically only the pond/mouth/cliff river fish are worthwhile and it's obnoxious to maneuver there.

I really wish the ladder was just an upgrade for the pole. Vault up cliffs and maybe fireman slide back down them. Or maybe this is a map specific annoyance for me.

I don't even mind the rain coelacanth one. It's just how annoying it is to traverse the rivers and how worthless everything is around there.

I do find it inconvenient to switch between ladder and vaulting pole, but I don't mind it too much.

Once stairs and bridges are more plentiful it won't be an issue tho.

• Options
    @urahonky I forgot to bring it but I'll mail you a little potted thing of catnip to complete your pet situation tomorrow once my kiosk opens back up

• Options
    No problem! I'm not really going with the pet theme but I figured someone here would like them.

• Options
    @Stormwatcher I got like 15 new museum things, including a sunfish and a crazy ribbon eel. Thanks :)

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

I do find it inconvenient to switch between ladder and vaulting pole, but I don't mind it too much.

Once stairs and bridges are more plentiful it won't be an issue tho.

My fucking kingdom for some ramps. For some reason I find the ladder so tedious.

• Options
    Man now that was a party. People got kinda stuck at the end so I had to end session.

I'll open Stormland again tomorrow, maybe later at the evening. Lemme know if there's interest.
    I'll say again, we got some pretty amazing river fish over here. Well worth spending some time fishing. I'd say our bugs are different too.]
    With each passing day more and more trees will have their fruit on, and there's a bunch of different types now.

So cute that people can leave messages at the town bulletin board!

Thanks y'all for the good times.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Sahara brought me some wallpaper that's like an animated stadium, so that's awesome! I'm taking my time with this game. Looking to add a bunch of friend codes so I have some places to visit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Had to close the gates for a bit but I'll be back on later for those who aren't available now. I know people love their pets :)

• Options
    Wait, does this... does this game have pets?

Can I get a little kitty? Who's not anthropomorphic?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Anyone rocking decent turnip prices? I was at 124 for my pre-noon price after sliding all week but decided to wait.

Back down to 90 this afternoon. >_<

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i made 2.2m with the dupe glitch last night before it patched

i regret nothing because that's not even close to the amount of bells i need, oh noooooo

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm opening my gates up to all. Southern hemisphere with Oranges, just like Stormy

If you have non orange/non cherry fruit, a donation would be lovely!

87HQG

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
This discussion has been closed.