As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[tv] is all video games now

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    so uh everyone in tiger king is just gunna have a massive heel turn and then an even deeper more awful heel turn huh

yes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    these are the worst people in the world!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    so uh everyone in tiger king is just gunna have a massive heel turn and then an even deeper more awful heel turn huh
    these are the worst people in the world!

Okay, I'll watch this tonight.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It turns out that people who build a personality around "I want to subjugate multiple big game animals" are kinda universally terrible, who coulda seen it coming

• Options
    i, for one, was shocked

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, this episode of The Magicians was great. I'm super bummed it's over next week, and I have no idea how they're wrapping up all these loose ends in a single episode, but this was a pretty great high point for the season. This episode and The Mountain of Ghosts are every bit as good as the best episodes from seasons 3 and 4.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    There's almost TOO much good stuff in Tiger King. Like, it's overwhelming.

This preposterous human being who made his own tiger zoo sells "sex gel" with his face on the bottle in the gift shop of his homemade tiger zoo, and they just, like, blow past it

I'm watching this now and it's just so weird and infuriating.

Just so many dudes with god complexes. Like, Joe Exotic is the main focus, but Doc Antle has some shit going on what with his creepy-ass harem of female employees/wives-in-training.

Doc Antle is way creepier, and I think he gets sidelined, because focusing on him would be too unpleasant to watch.

Doc Antle is just a persona L Ron Hubbard adopted after faking his death, prove me wrong

A compelling theory, but not enough boat expeditions to be L Ron.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

This preposterous human being who made his own tiger zoo sells "sex gel" with his face on the bottle in the gift shop of his homemade tiger zoo, and they just, like, blow past it

Just so many dudes with god complexes. Like, Joe Exotic is the main focus, but Doc Antle has some shit going on what with his creepy-ass harem of female employees/wives-in-training.

Doc Antle is way creepier, and I think he gets sidelined, because focusing on him would be too unpleasant to watch.

Doc Antle is just a persona L Ron Hubbard adopted after faking his death, prove me wrong

boat expeditions with young boys

• Options
    It turns out that people who build a personality around "I want to subjugate multiple big game animals" are kinda universally terrible, who coulda seen it coming

big cat people are even more insane than horse people

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

boat expeditions with young boys

I didn't think that L Ron was a pedophile, he just wanted to avoid paying alimony and also basically enslave people into helping him search for buried treasure

• Options
    edited March 2020
    oh I was wrong,

CW abuse, pedophilia
    From about 1970, Hubbard was attended aboard ship by the children of Sea Org members, organized as the Commodore's Messenger Organization (CMO). They were mainly young girls dressed in hot pants and halter tops, who were responsible for running errands for Hubbard such as lighting his cigarettes, dressing him or relaying his verbal commands to other members of the crew.
    oh yeah definitely not a pedophile thing to do

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, this episode of The Magicians was great. I'm super bummed it's over next week, and I have no idea how they're wrapping up all these loose ends in a single episode, but this was a pretty great high point for the season. This episode and The Mountain of Ghosts are every bit as good as the best episodes from seasons 3 and 4.

Just finished season three and am just so happy with this show.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Guys what even is adventure time season 6.
    I'd say it was before its time but I dont know what time it is for or if that time shall ever come to pass.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I'd say it was before its time but I dont know what time it is for or if that time shall ever come to pass.

Such a great season.

I need to do a full rewatch, actually

• Options
    edited March 2020
    it's flimsy but i'll take it

still the best adventure time moment

https://youtu.be/-unV0m-jZHs

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    hm maybe I finally watch all of Adventure Time

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

Such a great season.

I need to do a full rewatch, actually

Season 6 was where Adam Muto took over from Pen Ward and everything got a mit more metaphysical and weird, right?

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So in the Tiger King documentary they claim Don Lewis couldn't have flown his private plane to Costa Rica. I'm trying to figure out why exactly that would be and what kind of plane he even had. Could he have not refueled somewhere along the way, such as by stopping in Jamaica? It's about 700 miles from Florida to Jamaica, and then another 700 or so miles from Jamaica to Costa Rica. Was his plane not even able to make it to Jamaica?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    so apparently theres a new netflix show about freud where he's a coked-out psychic detective that also fucks

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    magic man has one of the best story arcs in adventure time

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Whom does he fuck

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the final line from the newest Saul episode for me?

I don’t understand why that character would say that at this point in the story.
    He told her he lies to give plausible deniability. So Kim made it pretty clear: they either have to end their relationship or get married. Doing the latter means they're both all in; married couples can't be forced to testify against each other, so he'll no longer have to risk lying to her in case she ends up under oath

Also despite everything, she pretty clearly still loves him enough to put up with all this bullshit. She cares about him, and she enjoys the schemes (when they don't require her getting embarrassed). On some level she might even be impressed with how "well" this last one went. Before the episode's ending, I thought her reactions in the presentation scene were her legitimately being pissed about his behavior. After, I've come around to the thought she was more mad she wasn't in on it

The last few weeks I'd been reading some people elsewhere speculate this season's going to end with them still together and the twist of next season, the final season, is they were still together in Breaking Bad's timeline all along. I thought that was a lot less realistic of a possibility at the time than I do currently. If even this wasn't the breaking point for her, I don't know what could be, and I'd be shocked if it comes within the next four episodes, but who knows. All that's clear is Jimmy's gone, Saul Goodman has taken over completely, and Kim sees that, knows that, and hasn't bailed
    I do think that no matter what happens, the very likely final scene of the series is back in the black and white present and Kim is there in some form.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Whom does he fuck

in general

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    his mother?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Tiger King is a god damn Jody Hill/Danny McBride show that somehow seeped into reality

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Yes and it's a fun show to watch even if it has reality show telegraphed drama

I'm lukewarm on it, seen maybe the first three episodes and it feels like there's absolutely two tiers of skill there and not a real competition.

the trick is to do the weed and watch people make lego

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I really like Lego Masters. My favorite is the newlywed couple. Every one of their builds have been spectacular.
    Like their bridge. They go in all We have no idea how to build a bridge lol and it doesn't even bend at half a ton

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I ran out of gas in season 7 of adventure time

been meaning to finish it for awhile

those first six seasons are some of the best tv I've ever seen though

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Lego Wars is fine

Most of teams are really irritating

There is definitely obviously manufactured drama and the show is heavily edited to make things needlessly dramatic

But some of the teams make neat stuff

• Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I really like Lego Masters. My favorite is the newlywed couple. Every one of their builds have been spectacular.
    Like their bridge. They go in all We have no idea how to build a bridge lol and it doesn't even bend at half a ton

That couple made me feel the most uncomfortable. They are far too squeaky clean.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I think they are cute and wholesome so

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Devs has been pretty good so far
    I like the dynamic of Forest giving up on the Many Worlds theory because the guilt keeps consuming him: if he finds out Katie's right, there were a world where he didn't get his daughter and wife killed by talking to her on a cell while she was driving, he won't be able to rationalize it as fate

Also I hadn't really watched Alison Pill in anything pre-this year, but seeing her in Devs and Star Trek Picard simultaneously has made her one of my fav current actresses. The emotion she provides to episodes like this week's (on both shows!) has been a big factor in making this continuously engaging

And obviously Alex Garland's still the same phenomenal director he was on Ex Machina and Annihilation

If you've watched the first four eps (there's some spoilers inside, so fair warning), this is a good interview with Garland about the show and his personal thoughts on its topics https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/devs-alex-garland-tech-company-cults-quantum-computing-determinism/

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Triangles! And spreading shear forces over multiple points!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I ran out of gas in season 7 of adventure time

been meaning to finish it for awhile

those first six seasons are some of the best tv I've ever seen though

Last season of AT is a bit meandering but the finale is really good.

• Options
    I will say they clearly brought in vastly different skill levels on purpose. The difference in builds between some teams is staggering.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    i am losing my mind at these camp tigerclaw ass alt universe winchesters from this week's supernatural

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I think they are cute and wholesome so

Too wholesome.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Devs has been pretty good so far
    I like the dynamic of Forest giving up on the Many Worlds theory because the guilt keeps consuming him: if he finds out Katie's right, there were a world where he didn't get his daughter and wife killed by talking to her on a cell while she was driving, he won't be able to rationalize it as fate

Also I hadn't really watched Alison Pill in anything pre-this year, but seeing her in Devs and Star Trek Picard simultaneously has made her one of my fav current actresses. The emotion she provides to episodes like this week's (on both shows!) has been a big factor in making this continuously engaging

And obviously Alex Garland's still the same phenomenal director he was on Ex Machina and Annihilation

If you've watched the first four eps (there's some spoilers inside, so fair warning), this is a good interview with Garland about the show and his personal thoughts on its topics https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/devs-alex-garland-tech-company-cults-quantum-computing-determinism/

Alison Pill is a treasure. She's been fantastic in pretty much everything she's been in.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah she's a real professional, one a those people who always shows up to work no matter how small the role

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wonder if Netflix has had Tiger King just waiting in the chamber forever, just waiting for a time when they had a captive audience.

This discussion has been closed.