As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• AimAim Registered User regular
    From the updates thread:
    Seattle area has expanded mail order testing to determine the extent of spread
    https://scanpublichealth.org/

(it is, of course, instantly overloaded)

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    My work got everybody set up to work from home, but now the legal team is trying to get our lab labeled "Essential" and get us letters from the government letting us go back into work.

So this will be hilarious. Video games are super important, ya'll.

Videogames are the only thing keeping me sane in this crisis time.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    My work got everybody set up to work from home, but now the legal team is trying to get our lab labeled "Essential" and get us letters from the government letting us go back into work.

Yeah thank god for COD and 12 year olds out of school.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So are y’all pulling up to have weed delivered to your car window by people on roller skates?

I really need a scrip here in Ohio...

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So are y’all pulling up to have weed delivered to your car window by people on roller skates?

I really need a scrip here in Ohio...

I wish, my company still drug tests because they're a subcontractor to a contractor that works for the DoE. Bleh. Federal legalization can't come soon enough.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Patients with medical cards make up a tiny fraction (less than 1% in a typical month; often 0.6-0.8%) of our sales. A lot of people use weed for medicinal purposes but the cost of a card isn’t always worth not paying sales tax (especially if there are other, better promos going on).

I asked the manager of one of our locations and not a single customer has taken advantage of the curbside pick up yet.

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2020
    Got tested. Was a very simple process. Drove to a Kaiser location today after a nurse sent an order in for me to get tested last night. Sat behind two cars for like 10 minutes until it was my time. Was told to blow my nose, then had a lengthy swab stuck in my nose for about 10 seconds and was told to await results in 3-5 days. Yay.

Will let you guys know once I know.

Edit: Oh yeah. I made a gif of me going through the testing process if anyone wants to see. It's fun.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

True, but if no one ever made another videogame in my lifetime, I'd still die with a backlog...

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Today I remembered that this was an election year, and that Eyman was running for governor.

And then I wondered what that dude has been up to.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/opinion/editorials/article241268131.html

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Today I remembered that this was an election year, and that Eyman was running for governor.

And then I wondered what that dude has been up to.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/opinion/editorials/article241268131.html

I feel for the poor soul, that's got to triple x wipe down the Chairs Tim harasses.

Heads up to all you shoppers in King and its surrounding counties: a lot of grocery stores have discontinued use of personal bags, so probably don't bother bringing them along with you for the duration of this crisis. Similarly, a lot of cafes and coffee spots will no longer pour your beverage into a personal cup. Yours truly found this out the hard way during a recent trip to Metropolitan Market in LQA.

edited March 2020
    In further Seattle news: Councilmember Sawant has sent a letter to the governor asking for a rent freeze that extends to mortgages and utility bills. I'm not sure how we'll manage the utility portion of things, but I like this idea and am behind it 100000000%. The fact that any relief benefits my friends, laid-off co-workers, and myself might get from the federal/state government will likely pass straight through our hands and into our landlords' pockets is unconscionable. I intend to use my influential position within my union to agitate for a letter from us, as well.

Hacksaw on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The main thing I'd worry about with any kind of governer-declared rent/mortgage freezes is that they would eventually be declared illegal... leaving anyone who took advantage with an unpayable bill for all the back rent.

Like, unless there's an existing law on the books giving the governer that power, I don't see where the authority would come from to alter existing contacts.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I love kshama. Ive met her a few times!

Aioua wrote: »
    The main thing I'd worry about with any kind of governer-declared rent/mortgage freezes is that they would eventually be declared illegal... leaving anyone who took advantage with an unpayable bill for all the back rent.

Like, unless there's an existing law on the books giving the governer that power, I don't see where the authority would come from to alter existing contacts.

The governor's emergency powers are broad, and Inslee has yet to push them to their limit. This move would test that limit, and it's something many vulnerable people desperately need. I can personally think of no less than a dozen of my friends and erstwhile co-workers who need this.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

The unplayable rent bill coming after the lawsuit, meaning months have passed, rather than an unplayable rent bill immediately, could make all the difference for a huge swath of people.

The governor's emergency powers are broad, and Inslee has yet to push them to their limit. This move would test that limit, and it's something many vulnerable people desperately need. I can personally think of no less than a dozen of my friends and erstwhile co-workers who need this.

Are they that broad though?

I'm pretty sure my mortgage company (a Texas corporation) won't give a fuck what Inslee says. How would you enforce it?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    edited March 2020

I'm pretty sure my mortgage company (a Texas corporation) won't give a fuck what Inslee says. How would you enforce it?

They may be a Texas corporation, but because they're operating in here their in-state activities are bound by Washington state law and Washington state enforcement policies. They probably can't do shit if Inslee says pound sand.

Hacksaw on
    Caveat: I am a wrestler at law, not an attorney at law.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I could see a rent deferment, like a mortgage deferment, where it's added on the back end. You don't end up owing the money up front when things go back to whatever semblance of normal, but your lease is extended at your existing rate with the same, or possibly harsher (to appease landlords) penalties for breaking that lease.

Weaver on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

If your mortgage company attempts to kick you out they will have to proceed in a court of law which will tell them to get fucked.

wbBv3fj.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    During his press conference today the President stated that Washington State would not be receiving federal aid for the COVID-19 outbreak because the Governor was not appreciative of Trump’s efforts to this point.

This also applies to Michigan.

During his press conference today the President stated that Washington State would not be receiving federal aid for the COVID-19 outbreak because the Governor was not appreciative of Trump’s efforts to this point.

This also applies to Michigan.

Not surprised. He was going to find a reason to screw us. If he weren't blaming Inslee, he'd be blaming Jeff "He owns the Washington Post and they write lies about me" Bezos. I knew as soon as this crisis started that the federal government wouldn't come save us, but then I also figured the same would be true when The Big One hit.

Yeah I knew we were fucked when the medical ship they were bringing to the west coast wasn't going to oregon it was staying in California.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Amazing how casually Trump wants to kill americans for his ego. Wow.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    hey so can I stop paying income tax then?

sigh

• CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Trump to WA and MI: DROP DEAD

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    Our 24-hour census continues to drop at my hospital. A new low today, about 25% of our normal volumes.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/

UW Medical latest modeling.

Shows nation wide by state with projections.

Having to work on my day off because they are putting out a new advisory today, sinus pain like a mother fucker and I got 4 hours of sleep. I absolutely love working from home I tell you what.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

It's depressing to say, but those numbers would be great if they hold.

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    admanb wrote: »

It's depressing to say, but those numbers would be great if they hold.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Washington numbers. But those New York numbers, HOLY SHIT.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

This one is tricky. Carl Bergstrom, a UW Biology professor, goes into some detail on why this shouldn’t be over-interpreted:

Tynnan on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well, my test came back negative. I still feel like crap. So that's good. Hoping my test wasn't an 'inconclusive' negative test, as I didn't get many directives about drinking prior to the test and had consumed a full red-colored energy drink literally right beforehand. But that's just my crazy brain thinking. I'm sure the swab got the right material needed.

Back to work for me soon I guess.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular

I read that earlier. It's horrifying. I used to live right down the street and would go there all the time.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    Well, my test came back negative. I still feel like crap. So that's good. Hoping my test wasn't an 'inconclusive' negative test, as I didn't get many directives about drinking prior to the test and had consumed a full red-colored energy drink literally right beforehand. But that's just my crazy brain thinking. I'm sure the swab got the right material needed.

Back to work for me soon I guess.

If your energy drink went where they put the swab, you got other problems.

Also, we may need to revisit how cups work, a little bit.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    There were these huge trucks going past the needle onto Denny/Western hauling these big trailers this morning on my way into work, looked like huge temporary housing type shelters. The way they were heading, two places it looked like they could have been heading were either turning north towards CenturyLink field or straight to the armory in Interbay.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    So Washington is now in 7th place behind Florida in terms of cases.

Also, I'm really worried about expedia. They employ 22,000 people and they have pretty much no customers for the time being.

Schrodinger on
    Weaver wrote: »
    There were these huge trucks going past the needle onto Denny/Western hauling these big trailers this morning on my way into work, looked like huge temporary housing type shelters. The way they were heading, two places it looked like they could have been heading were either turning north towards CenturyLink field or straight to the armory in Interbay.

It’s probably CenturyLink

They’re rumored to be setting up a field hospital there for overflow

This discussion has been closed.