As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    okay, according to huge-ass nerds Persona Central, it's all included and not being sold separately

Well, that's great. They're definitely selling it again in Japan so that is very strange.

ZD98Zka.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Based on anime physical releases in Japan, Japanese fans are used to paying more for inferior product, so perhaps it is that principle in action.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is it possible that japanese persona marks are even markier than western persona marks

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://personacentral.com/persona-5-scramble-demo-walkthrough-mechanics-overview/
    A bunch of details about the P5S invite-only demo thing, it sounds cool as hell. It's basically P5 but with action combat, with all of the combat mechanics (guns, knock downs/all outs, 1 More, Baton Pass, etc.) carried over.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That seems pretty cool

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i've been an enormous fan of Aegis' character design ever since I first played p4a, but now i am actually playing through p3portable on my vita and i adore it

i already own p4g and part of me wants to play it but more of me doesn't

i don't know why but i just don't feel in the mood for wacky hijinks, although i was glad to find out the p4a voice actors and p4 voice actors are different

fuckin p4a teddie voice

so i'm thinking about playing SMT IV after p3 and consuming p4 through other means

super duper excited for p5r though

lfYVHTd.png
    edited January 2020
    New P5S gameplay and story trailer, spoilers:

They even straight up call it P5 2 at the end lol, this thing looks crazy

P5 is only on Playstation now until the 4th of February so I gotta hurry the fuck up and beat it, I'm just about to finish the summer vacation portion.

Crippl3 on
    Sorry for the P5S spam but I'm super pumped for this game. A Japanese Let's Player/streamer got to stream the first two hours, it's in Japanese of course but there's probably definitely P5 spoilers.
    Combat starts at 37:07 with a sick new remix of Last Surprise, also look at how fucking cool these menus are (50:06)

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I forget when this is out - end of March, right?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You know all of the outfits music and Persona dlc from Persona 5?

Royal doesn't include it. And they're selling it again. And you if you bought it for P5, you don't get to transfer it.

So, guess I'm holding out for the P5R Ultimate edition bundle (and a sale), because FUCK all that.

Wow...that actually pisses me off.

Edit: Oh nevermind.

Dragkonias on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Also not gonna lie maybe it's because I don't pay attention to fandom like I used to but I had no idea Akechi had a fanclub.

I guess I never liked his whole detective sthick cause Naoto did it better and well his other side was just a whiny sociopath with daddy issues.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    I never really did either; though considering my first thought was “look at this Light Yagami motherfucker” I think I was predisposed to not like him

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You know all of the outfits music and Persona dlc from Persona 5?

Royal doesn't include it. And they're selling it again. And you if you bought it for P5, you don't get to transfer it.

So, guess I'm holding out for the P5R Ultimate edition bundle (and a sale), because FUCK all that.

Wow...that actually pisses me off.

Edit: Oh nevermind.

This isn’t true for the Western release. It was true for the Japan release.

I assume that’s what you meant by “oh nevermind” but for people just clicking on this page, it bears repeating.

Still shitty they did this to fans in Japan, though.

edited January 2020
    Also not gonna lie maybe it's because I don't pay attention to fandom like I used to but I had no idea Akechi had a fanclub.

I guess I never liked his whole detective sthick cause Naoto did it better and well his other side was just a whiny sociopath with daddy issues.

Huge P5 spoilers:
    I honestly felt like Akechi was entirely lame, in the end. I found it hard to actually empathize with him. I mean, I understand his plight, but it seemed very simplistic and literally puerile/childish.

Drez on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Huge P5 spoilers:
    I honestly felt like Akechi was entirely lame, in the end. I found it hard to actually empathize with him. I mean, I understand his plight, but it seemed very simplistic and literally puerile/childish.
    I think it would also feel more impactful in Japan. I think it's more important culturally there

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Perhaps.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    i've been an enormous fan of Aegis' character design ever since I first played p4a, but now i am actually playing through p3portable on my vita and i adore it

i don't know why but i just don't feel in the mood for wacky hijinks, although i was glad to find out the p4a voice actors and p4 voice actors are different

fuckin p4a teddie voice

so i'm thinking about playing SMT IV after p3 and consuming p4 through other means

The only voices that are different in P4A are Rise and Naoto. And maybe Kanji because I can remember when the Troy Baker/Matt Mercer swap happened because they sound almost identical.

Everyone else is the same VA.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Teddie is different from base Persona 4, that's probably the disconnect.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

fuckin p4a teddie voice

The only voices that are different in P4A are Rise and Naoto. And maybe Kanji because I can remember when the Troy Baker/Matt Mercer swap happened because they sound almost identical.

Everyone else is the same VA.

For Persona 4 Arena, according to IMDB and the fan wiki, the only different voice actors are Chie (who was replaced after original P4) and Teddie (same deal). Naoto as the same VA. Rise only got replaced on Dancing because Laura Bailey was not available to do the recording. Kanji does not get replaced until Ultimax Arena.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I think almost all the replacements they got were good in the P4 sequels/remakes (and Erin Fitzgerald is definitely the better Chie), apart from Igor and Margaret in Ultimax onwards who I thought were terrible. I don't think they had a lot of lines though.

ZD98Zka.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I vastly prefer Vanilla's Chie, because of how down to earth she sounded.

wVEsyIc.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yeah I like Erin Fitzgerald in a lot of stuff but really don't like her Chie. She gets high-pitched and whiny in a way that causes me physical pain. But when she gives her a more normal speaking voice in calmer moments, one that is more of a person and less of an anime stereotype, I think she does a fine job.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Persona 5 Scramble demo for Switch just dropped on the Japanese eShop about 2 hours ago, downloading it now despite not knowing any Japanese and not beating P5

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions last night

Boy howdy did I not care about that big bad/climax

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Persona 5 Scramble demo for Switch just dropped on the Japanese eShop about 2 hours ago, downloading it now despite not knowing any Japanese and not beating P5

I mean... it explicitly takes place after P5.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm going through TMS right now and

Am kinda disappointed

The writing is falling way flatter for me than the Persona games I've played and the lack of social mechanics is sorely missed

The combat system is real fun tho

CYpGAPn.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I'm going through TMS right now and

Am kinda disappointed

The writing is falling way flatter for me than the Persona games I've played and the lack of social mechanics is sorely missed

The combat system is real fun tho

The side-stories for the party members are where the magic happens, unfortunately those don't start until after the second dungeon (tutorial + 1st real one). Try to keep everyone leveled up as they're tied to their level & progress to a degree

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I was really hoping I could like train up my dance skills or eat a beef bowl to get better at acting or whatever

Alas

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    TMS isn’t as good as a persona but the combat system is very fun. The characters are pretty straightforward anime archetypes.

The game mostly gets the attention it does because it languished on the Wii U and probably could have been more successful on a console people actually owned. It’s a good JRPG but not an amazing one.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

I don't speak Japanese, so I can barely get spoiled :V
    I'm just really really excited for it after playing so much of P5, I got all the way through
    Shido's
    Palace before it got pulled from PlayStation Now, don't know when I'm gonna be able to beat it though since I don't have a PS3 or 4 :(

DarkPrimus wrote: »

I don't speak Japanese, so I can barely get spoiled :V
    I'm just really really excited for it after playing so much of P5, I got all the way through
    Shido's
    Palace before it got pulled from PlayStation Now, don't know when I'm gonna be able to beat it though since I don't have a PS3 or 4 :(

That's fair, but as a warning to others: If you haven't either beaten or gotten tremendously far in P5 (basically the end game) then even this Japanese demo of Persona 5 Scramble can spoil things almost upon loading it up, whether you understand a single word in Japanese or not.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So I was watching a demo playthrough that GameXplain did on switch, and the game looks really cool but obviously kinda low res on switch, only 30 fps.

So I went on youtube and checked to see if someone had uploaded a ps4 playthrough and the game looks so damn good and smooth at 60 that I think I forgot to breath for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4guVTeSfV8

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg

The scenes in P5 where Ryuji is kidnapped and probably molested "hit on" by two gay stereotypes men is being changed in the English version of Royal.
    Those two characters are the worst thing in P5 and almost made me turn the game off when I first saw them so I hope they do a good job.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The scenes in P5 where Ryuji is kidnapped and probably molested "hit on" by two gay stereotypes men is being changed in the English version of Royal.
    Those two characters are the worst thing in P5 and almost made me turn the game off when I first saw them so I hope they do a good job.

The comment threads on this change are so septic I immediately got blood poisoning by reading the top comment.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    My enjoyment from TMS is like 90% because of the combat system. Having 20+ attack chains constantly going off is really dumb and I love it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think it's a good thing that they're trying to rein in the homophobia in those scenes

I also think it's too little, too late, and that honestly the localization team doesn't have the power to make the kinds of changes you'd need to make to P5 if you wanted to scrub out the ways in which it's an ugly piece of shit

Which sucks! I adore like, 95% of persona, but they just can't seem to get rid of that last 5% that makes me ashamed of liking it

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    It is kinda nice that Hashino is gone though

Fuck that guy, seriously

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeah fingers crossed on P6 actually being progressive in the side-bits and corners the way that the main story wants to be.

• Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Wow. This has pretty much made Royal shoot up from "maybe later when it's on sale" to "Day One Buy"

I can't articulate how uncomfortable those scenes made me on a personal level. Even if it's minor I'm glad someone's got there head out their ass...

FC: 1907-8030-1478
    So, Persona 5 Royal comes out in the US in exactly 1 week.

I have the physical deluxe version ($90) preordered, but I'm conflicted on getting that versus the digital Ultimate Edition.