As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I finally got Recluse so the SMG kills part of the IB quest was nice and easy.
    Honestly I found hand cannon kills the hardest part. So many hard light bois flinching the shit out of me when I tried to duel, the light disadvantage was probably the biggest problem there though I think.
    Doubt the bow kills will be any better and I'm kind of dreading it.

if you're just doing it to get the relic weapon then you wont need to do the bow kills part. you get the bow when you reach that step.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    to get the bow kills..... you must become the kill steal....... godbless

Or stick quick access sling on a grenade launcher.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Finished the bow kills in a single match. It’s very nice.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Found this on the D2 Reddit.

DMID84M.jpg

Guess that casual-wear armor they're selling now can look pretty neat with the right shader. Shame you can't add a logo on your stuff.

edited March 2020
    Why wear casual wear when I can be a street samurai?

Edit: I think I reached the time of night where every clan is running IB.

Shamus on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    c16c2347-4d40-49bd-8001-9e508864b418_Thumbnail.PNG

Will need to dial back mobility a bit, when I can. Otherwise, the hunter is looking good.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Iron banner quests is what sucks the joy from Crucible

Like does anyone enjoy this quest line every first IB of the season?

The bow this time makes it worth it. But normally it’s so stupid

616610-1.png
    4399f44c-95bd-409a-a6b7-34ad82798836.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=7jTfnk%2FrGZzgyiFvBe5hEv%2BnPapSV7LMRazE2sKaUkM%3D

Sixth Coyote looks perfect with the IB armor.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    h3ex5f4xrr1z.png
    Red version?

fw9c6rxhh4t3.png
    Or Yellow?

Yellow all the way.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'd go Red, but only if you run Gemini Jester like a True Asshole.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Everyone else also picked up that Hunter helm skin last week I see.

It's funny I like this round of eververse armor but, it feels like they've done "leather jacket and dome helmet" enough times already but hey, it's a good look

I much prefer last season's Veist armor, more foundry based armor plz

so uh, bows are pretty good in PvP, huh? just got my shiny new Point of the Stag and cracked out those 10 bow kills in a single match. and that was after starting the match using a fusion rifle to get the last of those kills and switching part way through. yeah, pretty happy with the new weapon so far. makes me think its about time i started on those bow kills in Gmabit to grab Hush.

Hell yeah, it’s Emile-A239’s helmet.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Iron banner quests is what sucks the joy from Crucible

Like does anyone enjoy this quest line every first IB of the season?

The bow this time makes it worth it. But normally it’s so stupid

I like the quest and trying out different loadouts to complete it. The only step I really hated was that rocket launcher kills... last season?

I just threw cash at Bungie and bought the whole thing. I love the globes and cape too

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so uh, bows are pretty good in PvP, huh? just got my shiny new Point of the Stag and cracked out those 10 bow kills in a single match. and that was after starting the match using a fusion rifle to get the last of those kills and switching part way through. yeah, pretty happy with the new weapon so far. makes me think its about time i started on those bow kills in Gmabit to grab Hush.

Point of the Stag is such a great bow. I’m pairing it with Last Word and having a blast.

Shamus wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Point of the Stag is such a great bow. I’m pairing it with Last Word and having a blast.

helped that immediately upon equipping it i had the chance to take out two players who'd just popped their supers.

https://youtu.be/EbyM-y2mA68

i got so excited by those kills that i accidentally took a screen shot when i first tried to record the clip.
    here's the screen shot.
    347724f9-4060-4590-bbfd-ad0bf9d35818.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=aFA9sXUUekBNsh6cWkm1WYoTBUQ8nGm%2FpVAR7DjI0D4%3D

I wish I had a stat tracker for every person I make rage quit in regular Gambit

I wish I had a stat tracker for every person I make rage quit in regular Gambit

talking about quitting Gambit i had to feel sorry for an opponent yesterday. load into the lobby and notice that there's only 3 players on the other team, check and confirm that we've got 4 and look back just in time to see 2 opponents vanish. poor fucker zoned into the first round on their own. they soon got some friends but that first round must have been rough for them. don't think they banked a single mote. they did put up a fight in the second round, one of them being a very aggressive invader, but wasn't enough to deny us an easy win.

I stomped a team in Gambit:
    doddqd0btzkw.png

Then it rolled two of the same enemies into the next game, but immediately one of them quit when the match started. I proceed to do what I always do, invade as much as possible. Someone on the other side was not having it:
    4a31ma5ta9dd.png

I don't get the Arby's hate

I stomped a team in Gambit:
    doddqd0btzkw.png

Then it rolled two of the same enemies into the next game, but immediately one of them quit when the match started. I proceed to do what I always do, invade as much as possible. Someone on the other side was not having it:
    4a31ma5ta9dd.png

I don't get the Arby's hate

As someone who also loves to eat at Arby’s can kinda get it. It’s like an easier version of a sniper that requires the target to expose themselves more

So success with it compared to a sniper is less skill from the user and more mistake by the victim?

But I love it. It has the meats

616610-1.png
    It's just.. there's so many worse offenders in the cheap department. I'm not saying Arbalest is hard to use but it's also not hard to beat, either, if you have half a brain

Yeah I think that’s the reason they get mad. They are more mad at themselves for dying to it.

It’s like how I hate jotuun

616610-1.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    New Twitch Prime loot is out: https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/destiny2

This month's drop is a Prometheus Lens along with the Eye of Osiris ornament for it, the Tyrant ghost shell (that makes your ghost look like a Rasputin node), and Fleet Ska IX ship.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Someone getting mad about being forced to eat Arby's during a Gambit match is wild to me.

Like... somehow they've never experienced being repeatedly invaded by a person with seemingly infinite Truth rockets? Or One Thousand Voices? Or whatever else, considering Gambit is a profoundly imbalanced game mode that has been left to rot and fester.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Oh neat, they are adding Seasonal mod slots to the legacy armor!
    Oh poop I deleted a 66 stat roll Dead Orbit armor because no seasonal slot.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Someone getting mad about being forced to eat Arby's during a Gambit match is wild to me.

Like... somehow they've never experienced being repeatedly invaded by a person with seemingly infinite Truth rockets? Or One Thousand Voices? Or whatever else, considering Gambit is a profoundly imbalanced game mode that has been left to rot and fester.

Truth is just, like, why would you do this Bungie? Why would you bring this piece of shit back?

I just noticed Shaxx’s robot buddy is doing his best Shaxx cosplay. That’s amazing.

Shamus wrote: »
    I just noticed Shaxx’s robot buddy is doing his best Shaxx cosplay. That’s amazing.

happened to be in the Tower when i read this so of course i had to go and check, and omg that is adorable!

Yeah I think that’s the reason they get mad. They are more mad at themselves for dying to it.

It’s like how I hate jotuun

You’re legally allowed to hate Jotunn. Fuck that gun.

I definitely got some payback on jotunn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcsZIuU7Lg

616610-1.png
    8 Pinnacle drops in one night.
    5 Energy weapons, 2 Kinetic weapons, and a Class item.

Jeebus RNG what did I do to you?

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Iron Banner has been pretty good to me this week. For example, tonight:

ujb0lydy67vm.png

It's me; I'm the sweatlord now.

Did you complete your IB bounties before the quest? I don’t think you can get armor from them before the quest but I might’ve just made that up

616610-1.png
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Did you complete your IB bounties before the quest? I don’t think you can get armor from them before the quest but I might’ve just made that up

The glut of Energy Weapons suggests he ran Garden of Salvation

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Eh shit it was both.
    I did Garden where the first three energy weapons came from. Then I turned in my Iron Banner bounties after we wrapped up our games for the night but before competing the last step of the quest which is just "Go talk to Saladin" which like yeah, you didn't need to make me do that.

Ugh, stupid of me, I suppose, but still an annoying complication that I would have otherwise avoided if I had just bothered to do that instead of like, I dunno, playing games with clanmates.

looks like Trials is having issues. challenges wont unlock until 5PM PDT on Saturday. you wont be able to turn in tokens until then either. fix coming in 'a future update'.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got my Trials rewards last week on Saturday morning, so I assume my challenges have reset and I can get my rewards.

Also, Widow's Court! It's probably my favorite Trials map. I hope to get some matches in this weekend.

Should be a little less Hardlight focused, although Revoker is gonna get annoying. Ashen Wake will have a harder time putting in work here so not sure what exotic to run instead. Maybe Citan for sniper support?