As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elite: Dangerous] THARGOIDS INVADE BUBBLE! December 3308 Update!

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Five billion guarantees I’ll never have one

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Same. I had a billion then I just bought stuff for mining. I'll prob keep my 700mil and keep on pew pewing.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
      edited March 2020
      Still no atmospheric landing...

Creating mobile space stations is really fun and all, but I wanted atmospheric landings since launch.

I hope it gives the community a boost.
      I haven't read up on anything but if they implemented an actual clan/organisation system. People could sort of hold certain parts of space with such a ship.

I wonder how fast it can be blown up.

Edit: I would like to see someone to plough it into a high gravity planet.

Dirtmuncher on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
      Wow you can't even fly your absurdly priced carrier either. Absolutely never engaging in this content, then.

• Options
      I imagine they’re aimed at guilds but I ain’t about that life

• Options
      Can squadrons buy it as a group?

• Options
        BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
        edited March 2020
        I wouldn't get one for the grind to keep it fueled.

Bigity on
      • Options
        I’ve cleared a billion in liquid assets for the first time after filling my cutter with diamonds! It took all day but I ended up selling for 750 million

• Options
        kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
        I should restructure mine, right now I only have 512 cargo space. It fills up quickly in a triple diamond hotspot, but the payoffs aren't super satisfying

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
      • Options
        Are diamonds the fastest way to make money? I still do passenger missions because I can watch movies while doing those.

• Options
          TimFiji wrote: »
          Are diamonds the fastest way to make money? I still do passenger missions because I can watch movies while doing those.

Yeah, laser mining diamonds. I have to say that I find core mining in a small ship much more satisfying, but in payout terms it's not even close. I don't have like, a wild need for money though so I don't see myself doing this too often.
          kralizecc wrote: »
          I should restructure mine, right now I only have 512 cargo space. It fills up quickly in a triple diamond hotspot, but the payoffs aren't super satisfying

512 is what most people recommend from what I've seen tbh. I don't know what you'd remove to add more, especially since travel times to sell mean that a fuel scoop is mandatory.

• Options
          edited April 2020
          LTD diamonds are stupid money. Just make sure you sell at the best place.

SPOILER_LTDsstillstupid.PNG

Bigity on
        • Options
          Tube wrote: »
          I imagine they’re aimed at guilds but I ain’t about that life

You'd think, but there is no way to pool money or split costs/upkeep.

• Options
          General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
          The upkeep costs are what I don't like. If I take a break for a year I don't want to come back to see that my multi-billion dollar investment is gone.

3DS Friend Code:
          Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
        • Options
          The upkeep costs are what I don't like. If I take a break for a year I don't want to come back to see that my multi-billion dollar investment is gone.

There should be a way to suspend them. They aren’t in game and aren’t costing upkeep.

• Options
          Is there a video to get into diamond mining? I know a couple pages back there's a double panite hotspot mining video but not sure if it helps.

• Options
            Find a hotspot, shoot prospector mines until you find a good rock, shoot it with lasers, send out collectors.

• Options
            CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
            Check out Down to Earth Astronomy on YouTube. Many good mining videos and location guides.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
          • Options
            Found this one too:

This was helpful.

• Options
              LTDs.... I'm already at 2 billion. Geez.

• Options
                Three posts in a row, but a month apart, don't count!

I got 8 billion mining. I've been thriving in the lockdown, but it's been pretty easy mining while grading my students' work! Would anyone be interested in a squadron evening when the carriers release? I'll park it in a system and we can mine/bounty hunt a RES/ whatever.

• Options
                  ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
                  Sounds good to me!

• Options
                  ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
                  Picked this up in the spring sale and just installed it; currently wobbling between "this looks like a pleasantly enormous sandbox" and "oh god anyone who sees me flying will assume my pilot is both drunk and actively hallucinating."

Wheee[spacefenderbender]eeee!

• Options
                  crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular

I got 8 billion mining. I've been thriving in the lockdown, but it's been pretty easy mining while grading my students' work! Would anyone be interested in a squadron evening when the carriers release? I'll park it in a system and we can mine/bounty hunt a RES/ whatever.
                  I should come out of retirement for that :P

• Options
                  SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I’d be up for it, if I weren’t like two thirds of a way to the core. :)

5gsowHm.png
                • Options
                  LodbrokLodbrok Registered User regular
                  edited June 2020
                  Well, didn't expect to be back here anytime soon, but this was apparently mistakenly released on the official channel and promptly taken down again, linking to Obsidian Ants video about the space legs-announcement:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JZqOaNRG8VQ

Not coming until q1 2021, but looks... interesting I guess? Not much detail there, but legs and weapons, more detailed atmospheric barren worlds, and potentially a rumored player base the conda is landing on....

Official announcement: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-announcement.546389/

Lodbrok on
                • Options
                  Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
                  Count me in I will be up for a fleeting up. That’s amazing you made 8billion. Then it’s just a question of the up keep.

• Options
                  Lodbrok wrote: »
                  Well, didn't expect to be back here anytime soon, but this was apparently mistakenly released on the official channel and promptly taken down again, linking to Obsidian Ants video about the space legs-announcement:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JZqOaNRG8VQ

Not coming until q1 2021, but looks... interesting I guess? Not much detail there, but legs and weapons, more detailed atmospheric barren worlds, and potentially a rumored player base the conda is landing on....

Official announcement: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-announcement.546389/

I wonder what kind of restrictions you'll have on where you can walk around. Like, you can currently land and drive around on a planet with pretty high surface temperatures or with gravity that would make walking around impractical. Will they be flagged as unsuitable for disembarking? Or will they have some magic tech solution that will let you walk around wherever you can land?

5gsowHm.png
                • Options
                  I really have no interest in space legs for Elite at all. This isn't going to get me back.

Hope the folks who want it temper their expectations though.

• Options
                  Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
                  I would be significantly more excited for an expansion focused on making the trade/mission NPCs feel like people rather than card board cut outs. Let people make their own social geography with little proc gen contact lists that pop up (and get shared in a friends of friends network) in a region as you play there more and whatever.

In general Elite's issue has never being the lack of galaxy but the lack of life in it.

• Options
                  ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
                  No mention of, well much of anything, of course, but in particular no mention of ship interiors.
                  Still pretty hyped, though. I want to know what those guns are!

• Options
                  EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
                  Bigity wrote: »
                  I really have no interest in space legs for Elite at all. This isn't going to get me back.

Hope the folks who want it temper their expectations though.

yeah they have other problems to iron out before they add more things they will stop supporting. either that or it will just add in more engineer grind mats.

• Options
                  Count me in I will be up for a fleeting up. That’s amazing you made 8billion. Then it’s just a question of the up keep.

I'll sell that beast myself and just buy 5 A rated Cutters if it turns out to be meh.

Be sure to join Ghost Raccoons squadron (maybe racoons, I forget) and add me CMDR Archpriest so l can add you to the private group.

Need to figure out where to park this thing.

• Options
                    edited June 2020
                    So if you're going to test out the Fleet Carrier and fly together, I'll try to park it at a ringed planet in Laksak so you can mine, bounty hunt, whatever.

I also plan to play from 1900 UTC to about 0000 UTC (3pm to 8 EST)

TimFiji on
                    • Options
                      kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
                      So if you're going to test out the Fleet Carrier and fly together, I'll try to park it at a ringed planet in Laksak so you can mine, bounty hunt, whatever.

I'm not in your squadron, but I plan on buying one as well and parking it at or near borann, I'll scrounge up my commander name if non squadron members can get invites to a private group. I do zero pvp.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
                    • Options
                      kralizecc wrote: »

I'm not in your squadron, but I plan on buying one as well and parking it at or near borann, I'll scrounge up my commander name if non squadron members can get invites to a private group. I do zero pvp.

We're not too official. People are in it. We do whatever. Just ended up the PA one by default. Don't think anyone does pvp. I mostly rat.

• Options
                        Hopped back on this weekend for the first time in forever. I am... a bit farther from the core than I thought I was, about halfway there. Finished mapping the system I had parked in, and decided to stop poking around and just head for Explorer's Anchorage to drop off my current batch of data. I figure I can make it to Sagittarius A* first, and then do more exploring on the way back if I feel like it(spoiler: I will probably not feel like it).

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they greatly increased the route plotting range, it apparently can do up to around 20kly if you pick fastest route. It was able to plot from where I am all the way to the core.

5gsowHm.png
                      • Options
                        Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
                        So I decided to check this out since I've got both a HOTAS and VR headset. Any tips for a newbie starting out in 2020? I've only just finished the basic tutorial

sXXjb1B.png