As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Ok server is up, there's a portal in the pond at spawn to the new map. Make sure to sleep in the bed at spawn once if you plan on playing primarily in the new world to avoid a long walk back.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    New Spawntown is interesting...

A mesa surrounded by icebergs. I hearby propose we build on both! Fire-themed on the mesa, and an ice community to oppose it. A Spawn of Ice And Fire, as Vrtra puts it.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Bringing some beds to spawn, 11 in a chest by the furnace. Take a bed if you need it.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Hey Gang! I know we will have several community builds on this new shard, but I wanted to go ahead and point out one build area:
    dnux6j5h1xhr.png

Team Briarthorn is going to do some setup on this island (including finishing that river to make it an island). Once we get the ground setup and safe, we're going to set up a rugged campground-esque build with log cabins and forts for those who want to build that sort of thing! I'm guessing we have about a week's worth of setup before we will open it to group building, so please hang tight and let us get the ground graded and torched!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gotta put names with spaces in quotation marks for the @ to work

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    And to confirm, this is the best of both worlds option. The old server is still up, and you can port into the new one from the spawn area (there is a hole in the original spawn square with water inside, jump in the well and teleport to the new world.

The new world will not carry over your inventory! You will be starting fresh!

If you want to keep working on your old stuff, you can do that! The old world is still there and you can go back and forth, you just cant bring stuff with you.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hello! Does anyone have any mod recommendations? Texture packs? I'm not even sure what I'm looking for as I only just started playing minecraft again.

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    I play straight up vanilla textures. (But I'm also open to hearing about interesting near-vanilla textures.)

For mods there's not anything required. Voxelmap is the classic always-useful mod - but keep in mind whenever server updates you may need to go a month or so without so don't get too attached :).

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'll have to renew this whitelist business. BlindDuke MC name

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Skeith wrote: »
    @Ginger Mijango

Come get that new server smell.

Never!

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I'll have to renew this whitelist business. BlindDuke MC name

Added!

• Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Woah, new map is pretty small?

• Options
    Kitharsis wrote: »
    Woah, new map is pretty small?

Smaller but with a bit more diversity in biomes was the goal.

• Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Nice, lots of cool stuff on here. This abandoned mineshaft seems to go on forever.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Update: you all should be able to set your own nicknames now*, including colors: https://wiki.ess3.net/mc/

/nick [nickname]

Have fun!

*Standard rules apply, don't abuse this to be mean. Access can be revoked on a per user basis. Side effects include....

Aeyther on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    My lockdown starts Monday, let's gooooo!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Initial roadway around The Good, The Bad, And The Spawned has been done. Expansion will eventually happen with possibly a railway tied in to it as well (might be a 6 wide highway). Branches will occur regularly (and stairs added) so that at least half of the mesa can be traveled to without much jumping involved.

Also, Doc Flamingo says the polar bears have expanded inside their territory.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    To whoever cut down the sacred and only jungle tree we had over at spawn: I hope you waited for saplings cause otherwise: you just made a tree genus extinct!

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    edit: [i was wrong]

eldercore on
  • Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Enc wrote: »
    To whoever cut down the sacred and only jungle tree we had over at spawn: I hope you waited for saplings cause otherwise: you just made a tree genus extinct!

I moved it to be with the rest of the demonstration garden between Spawn and Jak. There are carrots, melon, wheat, potatoes, maybe pumpkins. Oak, 2 jungle, birch, spruce. I didn't find any acacia on my jaunt around the world, so if anyone has any, the demonstration garden would be a great place for them. Oh, there are also jungle logs for growing cocoa, and berry bushes.

Contrary to ghost's post, the mega tree at our house is spruce, not jungle.

Glitterkitten on
  • Options
    The new world's nether should be resolved, don't get too attached to it, as it may get removed with the 1.16 update.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I haven't done PA Minecraft in a while.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Feel free to get whitelisted and jump in. We got helper items in the new spawn area to help you out!

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    spawn has its own resident enchant table for use if you'd like. No lapis supply or books though, bring your own!

slqbk4tb2505.png

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ye gods I was just there a couple of hours ago, you people work extraordinarily fast!

• Options
    Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    A new map, huh? I can dig it.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    A new map, huh? I can dig it.

I see what you did there.

• Options
    Turns out I’m too laggy to join the server :( rip me

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »

Hit up lonelyahava about getting some fibre-optic internets at your house!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am ashamed to admit I have not logged in because Animal Crossing.

I deserve blame and censure.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

No shame there, I've been splitting time with Minecraft, Animal Crossing, and the new Cities Skylines expac. Only good thing going for the world right now is that there are a lot of great games to pass quarantine with

• Options
    Tef wrote: »

Hit up lonelyahava about getting some fibre-optic internets at your house!

I’m stuck at my air bnb until NZ comes out of lockdown. It’s a farm stay thing so not great internet

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh hey if someone wanted to check out the server how would one go about this

• Options

Ask Aeyther to be whitelisted with your minecraft id. Then log on to the server ghugo.no-ip.org . If you haven't logged on before you should be at spawn point, else you'll need to get to spawn.

z00cy8hc4uml.jpg

From spawn point you'll see a small pond with a sign. Jump down that and you'll be on the new map.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options

@Aeyther

Metzger, you can see the pool just up and to the left of the players left shoulder in that image.

• Options
    @Mayabird

you have a lighthouse now if leaving enc's place.

blm9fw7g4xg5.jpg

@Vrtra Theory
    I took most the inside stuff near the iron farm and moved it to the prison. Basic item frame on some gives idea to what is sorted, like wooden door for wood things, redstone for things of that nature, etc.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

No shame there, I've been splitting time with Minecraft, Animal Crossing, and the new Cities Skylines expac. Only good thing going for the world right now is that there are a lot of great games to pass quarantine with

How is skylines compared to SimCity? I was describing SimCity’s play cycles to my girlfriend and she seems to think that would be her jam, but SimCity 4 is dogshit, and I haven’t tried any of the knockoffs yet.

• Options
    Cities Skylines is the best city builder ever created, frankly. Its everything great about the older Sim Cities with a ton of new features. The only issue is that there is a high bar for entry. The base game is cheap, but there are a ton of content releases from Paradox adding new content, so getting everything to present might be almost 100 bucks, even though you could play the (very substantial) base game for only 5 right now.

Paradox has done a ton of great expansions, the latest added a ton of fishing stuff to the game.