As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I don't want to do solo :(

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Ar_pa_i5OxE

Tactical Potato is...not happy about the state of scarlet spear right now.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    There's a hotfix that just went live that addresses some of it, but yeah, kind of a mess.

I think the 'disable passive' mods are kind of ridiculous. Like, why would a player take them over Power Drift unless the passive sucks? Maybe you should make the passive not suck.

e: I'm not even saying that the passives in question suck, mind, but it seems to be the logical conclusion if DE thinks you're willing to give up knockdown resistance just to disable them.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    There's a hotfix that just went live that addresses some of it, but yeah, kind of a mess.

I think the 'disable passive' mods are kind of ridiculous. Like, why would a player take them over Power Drift unless the passive sucks? Maybe you should make the passive not suck.

e: I'm not even saying that the passives in question suck, mind, but it seems to be the logical conclusion if DE thinks you're willing to give up knockdown resistance just to disable them.

Some augments are designed to be situational. They make the warframe they affect worse under most circumstances but better in certain specific mission types.

Atlas' Titanic Rumbler is a good example. It decreases the number of rumblers atlas can summon from 2 to 1, severely lowering the amount of DPS the ability deals. But the one rumbler who is summoned has increased health and attracts more aggro. In most missions, where the priority is murdering as many people as you can as fast as you can, this augment is a detriment. But in missions where the priority is drawing enemy fire away from an allied target, such as defense, mobile defense, excavation, or defection, the augment is useful.

I can see how Zephyr's slow falling and Nezha's fast sliding may be detrimental in certain missions were precise control over movement is required, even if those passives are normally a benefit.

Now that DE has increased the number of mod configs a warframe can have from 3 to 6, I wouldn't be surprised if situational augments like this start becoming a more common occurrence.

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Hello from waaaaaaaay over at the other end of the Warframe experience spectrum. At what point should I consider Mk I items to be "outdated"? I went and nabbed a blueprint off the marketplace for a Mk I -> regular upgrade (for Kunai) but it requires materials that a quick Google tells me are only to be found on planets I haven't gotten to yet. I am willing to replay missions, etc. to farm materials for gear (or really, just because being Parkour Space Ninja Death chewing through entire installations full of heavily-armed chumps is a good way to blow off shelter-in-place stress) but ...should I even bother with crafting before I've maxed out the stuff I got from the tutorial? I'm accustomed to the MMO gear treadmill where you want to just grab whatever gets you higher numbers by any means until you reach The Endgame, Where You Start Actually Playing the Game, and I would like to know how the thread feels that tracks with Warframe.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Hello from waaaaaaaay over at the other end of the Warframe experience spectrum. At what point should I consider Mk I items to be "outdated"? I went and nabbed a blueprint off the marketplace for a Mk I -> regular upgrade (for Kunai) but it requires materials that a quick Google tells me are only to be found on planets I haven't gotten to yet. I am willing to replay missions, etc. to farm materials for gear (or really, just because being Parkour Space Ninja Death chewing through entire installations full of heavily-armed chumps is a good way to blow off shelter-in-place stress) but ...should I even bother with crafting before I've maxed out the stuff I got from the tutorial? I'm accustomed to the MMO gear treadmill where you want to just grab whatever gets you higher numbers by any means until you reach The Endgame, Where You Start Actually Playing the Game, and I would like to know how the thread feels that tracks with Warframe.

Mk 1s are outdated the minute you can get a non-Mk 1. Mk-1s are starter gear and only placeholders until you get something better. There are a couple of non-Mk 1s that can be bought for credits that significantly outperform mk-1s. Braton and Strun are two examples that come to mind.
    This first tier gear needs to be replaced relatively quickly though. Mercury, Venus, Earth and maybe Mars are usually easy. Then Ceres is a bit of a hurdle and Uranus and Neptune being major hurdles where you start to require the good stuff.

Mind you. Good stuff is frequently less "good weapons" and a lot more frequently "good mods". non-damaged Serration/Hornet Strike/Point blank/Pressure point being the most important mods you can acquire.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Mk 1s are outdated the minute you can get a non-Mk 1. Mk-1s are starter gear and only placeholders until you get something better. There are a couple of non-Mk 1s that can be bought for credits that significantly outperform mk-1s. Braton and Strun are two examples that come to mind.
    This first tier gear needs to be replaced relatively quickly though. Mercury, Venus, Earth and maybe Mars are usually easy. Then Ceres is a bit of a hurdle and Uranus and Neptune being major hurdles where you start to require the good stuff.

Mind you. Good stuff is frequently less "good weapons" and a lot more frequently "good mods". non-damaged Serration/Hornet Strike/Point blank/Pressure point being the most important mods you can acquire.

They do give you separate mastery credit, though, so be sure to master them before replacing them.

jothki on
    dear Reddit:

the new game mode is fun

it's just buggy

sit down, chill out, maybe use different guns

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

As Fiendishrabbit said the Mk I weapons are replaceable as soon as you get something better but jothki is also correct that they give mastery so don't trash them until you master them (level them to level 30)

As far as building things go keep in mind your foundry also acts as infinite storage for anything you've built but haven't claimed yet. My roommate had built almost everything possible using the buy-able blueprints from the in game store and the dojo labs and he just left it all in his foundry until double affinity weekends.

Gear in Warframe doesn't really follow the MMO gearing path. It's really about what weapon(s) you like using the most rather than getting better gear as time goes on. A lot of weapons are locked behind Mastery Rank (MR) but there are low MR weapons that can perform just fine in the endgame if you like them. Instead increasing your power is more about obtaining your basic mods (and primed mods) and then more importantly level them to max rank using a resource called Endo. Actually maxing all of the mods can be extremely expensive in terms of Endo costs though so the recommendation is generally to level them to somewhere between level 7-9 and the consider them "finished" until you hit a point where you're kind of rolling in Endo.

Also I always try and mention this to new people who are coming from an MMO background: There isn't really a point in Warframe where you hit The Endgame, Where You Start Actually Playing the Game*. The endgame is really just the game. You'll unlock/farm/build new stuff as you play but the game is the game.
    *except of course Fashion Frame

Also also: If you're on PC be sure to snag an invite to the clan and we can hook you up with goodies and eventually all of the basic mods (yay trade limitations :P ). PS4 and Switch (and I think Xbox?) also have PA clans where I believe the same holds true though my understanding is they have fewer active people so it might take some time before someone can get in touch with you.

There's a Forma Blueprint vs Warframe Exilus Adapter invasion up on Ceres-Nuovo. Still pretty close to 50-50 so might be some time to finish it.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

They do give you separate mastery credit, though, so be sure to master them before replacing them.

I will say that don't be afraid to dump weapons and come back to finish them for mastery rank.

Depending on how much the weapon slot limit is holding you back of cause.

I found that I was being way too diligent in finishing weapons at the start. If something doesn't feel fun, try and look for an alternative. Ranking up weapons and frames can be done very fast once you have Sedna/Eris/Sanctuary Onslaught unlocked, so only slog through a weapon if you need to get to a MR milestone.

Also, the game is seven years old and is an onion of old, sometimes forgotten, systems so try doing things in a tempo you like, and try to avoid feeling fomo from things like maxing your daily faction standing or running the weekly ayatan mission.

The game is best when you find something you think is fun, that you can then combine with some of the grindy things.

I had bought the Valkyer Prime pack about a year before I got serious with playing, so I had the plat to buy the Limbo collection that comes with the Opticor. I loved it and used it for the last 2/3s of the starmap, and had a huge hump of unranked primary guns after I had ranked most of the secondaries and melee weapons.

Also, try and do two things most of the time. If you need to rank a weapon, run some relic missions at the same time. Need potatoe seeds, see if there is a mission type on Ceres or Saturn that you need for the Intermission miniquests.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So, courtesy of Dat Quarantine Life and a wacky sleep schedule, I think I've almost completed the current Relic Menu — the final frame, Atlas P, is in the cooker, with Dethcube right beside him. Still need a single Tekko blade and an Aksomatic Barrel, but I don't think either thing is getting vaulted any time soon.

And behold my glorious Furax build, a fine mix of ridiculous mods and fun stuff:
    a1hrbzx4kz6f.png

As it's not visible there, the riven is:

Furax Magna Cronica
    +58.2 % Attack Speed
    +135.6 % Impact
    +168.3% Attack Dmg

5-Pip Rivens are a delight.

So if you're looking for a good warframe to help clear sentients between spikes on the condrix eyeball, apparently Mesa is god-tier.

Got matched with one just now and they would pop Peacemaker and mow them down before I could even shoot. Fastest condrix kills I've done with this event so far.

Another hotfix
    Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.4

Scarlet Spear Scoring Changes & Fixes:
    If you have accrued any Scarlet Credits, you will receive an Inbox upon login to grant you a duplicate of that amount. The duplicate amount of Scarlet Credits will be reflective of your total Scarlet Credit score over the entire Operation, regardless of if you spent any already.

For Example:
    If you’ve earned 7,900 Scarlet Credits, you will receive an inbox with 7,900 more.

To break down the changes and fixes regarding Scarlet Spear Scoring, let’s look at what the main issues were:

Players were receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla.
    Players were earning Victory Payout for Flotillas that didn’t reach 100/100 Murex Driven Away.
    Players who reached the 100/100 Murex Driven Away that jumped to a different Flotilla and played a mission, would not receive Victory Payout from the completed Flotilla once the timer expired.
    Not all players receive Scarlet Credits upon manual extraction from a Murex Raid mission.
    All of these Scoring issues were caused by what we call a ‘desync’ between 2 factors; the players Scarlet Credit score not being uploading at End of Mission, and the Flotilla x/100 progress not matching what’s recorded in the Database.

To address the ‘desync’ issues across the board, we’ve changed Scarlet Credit scores to be uploaded at certain checkpoints throughout both Ground Assault and Murex Raid missions. This Scoring upload change will keep the Database and the Flotilla more in sync to fix all of the above issues.

General Scarlet Spear Changes & Fixes

Lowered the Health scaling for the Condrix in the Ground Assault mission. Players should notice that the Condrix feels easier across the scaling levels with its max Health leveling out around the 10th Condrix mark.

We’ve also relaxed conditions for players joining the squad at Ground Assault mission start. Now joining is available either before the 'Deploy an Oplink' stage or until 5 minutes expires, whichever is first.

Scarlet Spear Tutorial and Tips have been added to Little Duck’s screen in the Flotilla to give players more robust information within the game on how to approach the Operation and to answer common questions players might have! In addition, you can find Tutorial prompts at the stations surrounding the Oplink Deployments.

Scarlet Credits will now be displayed in the End of Mission screens for both Ground Assault and Murex Raid. Scarlet Credits also appear in the ‘Skirmish Complete’ UI when completing a Murex Raid.

The Navigation panel now displays Murex Wave timer in the World Cycle section, allowing you to view the timer without having to click through to the Flotilla Instances.

Fixed rejoining a Flotilla that you were booted from resulting in seeing no Flotilla chat or players, making it appear that no progress is happening and you’re deeply alone.

Fixed cases where players were not receiving Kill Codes in a Murex Raid even though players are uploading Codes in the Ground mission.

Fixed names of Murex Raid Host players that have migrated (no longer in the mission) appearing in the Oplink Reinforcement panel, allowing Flotilla members to waste a Reinforcement.

Fixed a script error when a join-in-progress player attempts to deploy their Oplink in the Murex Raid.

*The issue of zombie Flotillas with ‘No Murex Waves Detected’ continues to be investigated.

General Changes:

Updated several Damage type tips in the mission load screen and removed outdated tips. Also moved a Volt ability tip to its proper home in his Arsenal.
    Adjusted the "Holsom Yurr Armor" text position in Nova’s Leverian, to make sure it is readable in certain languages.
    Railjack Fixes:

Fixed Ramsleds trying to initiate a Boarding Party after the mission is complete.
    Fixed a script error when entering a Crewship via Archwing Slingshot.
    Fixes:

Fixed a Client-side crash that could occur after Host migration.
    Fixed Operators mobility ceasing to function if Unairu Void Shadow was used with the Zato Earpiece equipped.
    Fixed Client inability to use context actions after a Plains of Eidolon Bounty Capture Target was captured.
    Fixed the Archwing Rush mission Drones protecting the Cargo ships appearing unlit.
    Fixed missing "user is offline" error message when trying to open a private message to someone.
    Fixed Heliocor having the incorrect Energy color.
    Fixed a script crash that could occur if you tried to escape your new Kuva Lich by quitting the game while en route back to your Orbiter.
    Fixed a script error in Dojo Contribution screens.
    Potential fix for crashing when Transferring to the Operator.

Lower health condrix is kinda whatever but nice. Honestly the biggest issue I have at later waves are batalysts. Their damage is absolutely nuts.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    So if you're looking for a good warframe to help clear sentients between spikes on the condrix eyeball, apparently Mesa is god-tier.

Got matched with one just now and they would pop Peacemaker and mow them down before I could even shoot. Fastest condrix kills I've done with this event so far.

Given that her four is "Everything In My Cone Of Sight Dies Right Now", yeah, that tracks.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

Given that her four is "Everything In My Cone Of Sight Dies Right Now", yeah, that tracks.

Be fair, sometimes you have to hold the button down for a bit.

• DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Had a lucky break this evening and got two awesome veteran squads in a row for ground missions and did a number on those condrix. Nova, Frost, Mesa, then Limbo, Frost, Volt, plus my Saryn.

Although I might switch to something else for my runs tomorrow. Saryn is my favourite frame next to Nova and is damn hard to kill, but it doesn't work to its strengths here. Maybe go with Nova to give my new skin a workout - although I'll likely die a lot - or Rhino for resilience and buffing.

Dakkareth on
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Tried the new hotfix and did a couple 17 condrix runs. The first run I kept getting locked controls until I got downed (and the enemies couldn't down me until about condrix 7), the second run "failed to update account" so I got no credits and no shedu barrel.

It's a fun idea. I'll try it again next hotfix.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Y'know what? You're not wrong. That said, I took my (not optimized) Mesa in, and me and two pubs went to 10 Condrixes with basically no effort.

Mesa's....holy smokes. Yeah, bring one on your team. She turns the Sentient adds into a joke.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no

Y'know what? You're not wrong. That said, I took my (not optimized) Mesa in, and me and two pubs went to 10 Condrixes with basically no effort.

Mesa's....holy smokes. Yeah, bring one on your team. She turns the Sentient adds into a joke.

I'm not sure anything in the game is higher sustained DPS than a properly modded set of Regulators. They're stupid. It's a hell of an investment, but good god do they kill shit.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Not sure why but Warframe's been weird with my new 4k monitor. Used to be 1920, made the jump, but the mouse sensitivity on the menu screens is super slow for some reason. Look sensitivity is fine, just the cursor in the menus. Turned the setting on the interface panel for it all the way to 300 and it still feels weird. Anybody ever run into that?

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    PC Baro has a new Bow mod, or at least new to me. Split Flights gives you 100% multishot on hit and -180% accuracy for 2 seconds stacking up to 4 times.

Also Mara Detron, so grab that if you don't have one for your very own pocket status shotgun.

steam_sig.png
    Oh hey, the theme I was rooting for in the community-created warframe vote actually won.

Nice work, Design Council.

DE_Rebecca noticed me in chat. Corinth Prime drops on tuesday.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

She wasn't looking at you, she was looking past you

JtgVX0H.png
    Darmak wrote: »

She wasn't looking at you, she was looking past you

No. I am I awaited. I am awaited in Veil Proxima!

edited March 2020
    Daimar wrote: »
    PC Baro has a new Bow mod, or at least new to me. Split Flights gives you 100% multishot on hit and -180% accuracy for 2 seconds stacking up to 4 times.

Also Mara Detron, so grab that if you don't have one for your very own pocket status shotgun.

... Please god tell me what that does with the Cernos Prime?

Edit: Oh shit, or the autobows...

dporowski on
    Been doing some leveling lately to try different things out on Condrix.

Nidus tentacles don't snag sentients, unfortunately. Touches them, but doesn't drag.

Vauban Bastille doesn't, either, but this actually got me building a range-vauban and I had a great time in Hydron watching enemies ragdoll. Literally wheezing as I watch guys faceplant to the ground and sliiiiide towards the drop to the defense objective like this is a bad garry's mod video.

Funny enough, Mag's Magnetize DOES seem to drag Sentients. I usually use it on those Aerolyst bastards. Then with 265% range and 170% efficiency, I just spam Crush throughout the entire uplink phase - assuming there are no Limbos. Oplinks usually don't get touched, but it does drain all of my energy.

Excalibur with the radial javelin aug can do some supremely stupid damage with Exodia Contagion and I almost feel like there's some weird multiplicative stacking going on with the Augment, because I'm pretty sure I saw a 10-digit crit somewhere yesterday. Maybe it was a headshot, combined with the 400% damage bonus, combined with the Augment's damage bonus, combined with with the Cat crit buff.

Atlas Gaze and Frost's ulti freeze those sentient losers, but the former is more finicky because of how it targets.

Hydroid's curative undertow, unfortunately, does not heal oplinks. I keep on hoping there will be reasons to use that like there was on the Extraction missions where you could heal up the NPCs at each waypoint to reduce drain, but no. SAD TIMES. I haven't tried to drag sentients under yet, but I'm pretty sure people would get irritated at me.

There are 45 fissure missions active on PC right now.

I'm not arguing but, uh, whoopsie DEsy?

So I head on over to my local Arbiters of Hexis branch to pick up the new Energizing Shot mod, because I'm all about anything that fuels my energy economy but doesn't require a mod slot on my actual warframe.

While I'm browsing the mods, I notice that Energizing Shot isn't the only weapon mod available that restores energy. There's also a mod called Sharpshooter that gives +15 energy on headshot kills.

Now, up until this point, I've been using the Rakta Cernos as my primary of choice. It's syndicate effect doesn't restore energy very frequently, but infrequent energy regen is still better than no energy regen.

But energy for every headshot kill? That seems like something that would come up way more often the whatever arbitrary affinity threshold triggers the syndicate effect on my dumb bow. "How long has this mod been in the game," I ask myself. A quick trip to the wiki reveals that it's existed for about a year and half.

A year and half! How could I have been sleeping on a mod like this for that long? I knew about the mod that lowers your ability strength to give ability strength to the rest of your squad, which was added in the same update, but I somehow didn't know about this one?

Never mind. No time for that now. I need to use this mod. But it only works on sniper rifles, which means I can't have both this mod and a syndicate effect. Sniper rifles also present an additional challenge. See, the reason energy economy is so important to me is because I like to spam warframe abilities. A lot, actually. but most warframe abilities are what the wiki calls "two handed actions" meaning they will interrupt anything else you are doing until the casting animation completes, and that includes reloading your gun. I need a weapon with a short reload time, or I'll never actually get a chance to fire off a shot between casts. Sniper rifles typically have long reload times. I hop onto the wiki to see which sniper rifle can be reloaded the fastest. Something called Vectis Prime.

Oh. One of those Prime weapons. Well, I'm already using a Dethcube Prime and a Sweeper Prime. I suppose it won't kill me to get another Prime thing. I managed to get two of the parts from some old relics I had lying around and bought the other two from trade chat.

Turns out I'm only Mastery Rank 12. Mastery Rank is something that I stopped caring about years ago because I found a main loadout I liked and rarely had any need to switch to anything else. But the Vectis Prime requires 14.

So what I thought was going to be a simple trip to the arbitrations store to pick up a new mod has now turned into a multi-week (at least) slog to increase my Master Rank and properly forma a fancy new weapon.

Warframe, the grind that keeps on giving.

You're gonna like that Vectis, though.

And at least once you hit 14 or so, maybe 16, it unlocks everything in the game.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

And at least once you hit 14 or so, maybe 16, it unlocks everything in the game.

Vectis Prime w/ Banshee Prime = no alarms on missions all day.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Turns out I'm only Mastery Rank 12. Mastery Rank is something that I stopped caring about years ago because I found a main loadout I liked and rarely had any need to switch to anything else. But the Vectis Prime requires 14.

In this game, finding a loadout that you like and rarely bothering to switch to anything else is roughly the same as finding a node on the star chart that you like and just playing it over and over rather than bothering to progress past it.

In this game, finding a loadout that you like and rarely bothering to switch to anything else is roughly the same as finding a node on the star chart that you like and just playing it over and over rather than bothering to progress past it.

LOOK AKKAD IS EFFICIENT OKAY SHUT UP.

I guess I should be more specific.

As I mentioned before, I like to spam warframe abilities. So my loadout is entirely dedicated to making that easier to do. My sentinel choice, my weapon choices, and my focus school choice are all just a means to that end.

My long term goal is to forma all the base warframes for max ability strength builds. I really like playing with max strength because it makes the warframes feel like superheroes. (My Loki really sucks, by the way.) I think it's a habit I picked up from my old Mass Effect 3 days, where I used to play as an unarmed Engineer for lower cooldown times. But max strength means using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. Because my efficiency and duration are penalized, my energy economy is always bad, hence the need for the specific loadout I use. Once I'm done with all the base frames, I may even start over with the Prime frames.

But I have a bad habit of formaing one frame at a time, meaning I have a bunch of unranked warframes just lying around in my arsenal waiting for their turn. Combine that with the fact that I mostly use one loadout only, and you'll understand why my Mastery Rank has been sitting at 12 for years.

I understand that the way I engage with this game is super weird and doesn't make any sense from a min-max perspective. I also understand how it leads to problems like the one I'm currently dealing with. But I just can't play Warframe any other way.

As I mentioned before, I like to spam warframe abilities. So my loadout is entirely dedicated to making that easier to do. My sentinel choice, my weapon choices, and my focus school choice are all just a means to that end.

My long term goal is to forma all the base warframes for max ability strength builds. I really like playing with max strength because it makes the warframes feel like superheroes. (My Loki really sucks, by the way.) I think it's a habit I picked up from my old Mass Effect 3 days, where I used to play as an unarmed Engineer for lower cooldown times. But max strength means using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. Because my efficiency and duration are penalized, my energy economy is always bad, hence the need for the specific loadout I use. Once I'm done with all the base frames, I may even start over with the Prime frames.

But I have a bad habit of formaing one frame at a time, meaning I have a bunch of unranked warframes just lying around in my arsenal waiting for their turn. Combine that with the fact that I mostly use one loadout only, and you'll understand why my Mastery Rank has been sitting at 12 for years.

I understand that the way I engage with this game is super weird and doesn't make any sense from a min-max perspective. I also understand how it leads to problems like the one I'm currently dealing with. But I just can't play Warframe any other way.

Without knowing the details of what you've leveled my uninformed guess would be you might be sleeping on a number of frames that you would end up loving with your play-style except they admittedly need a lot of TLC before they'll work the way you want them to.

edited March 2020

Without knowing the details of what you've leveled my uninformed guess would be you might be sleeping on a number of frames that you would end up loving with your play-style except they admittedly need a lot of TLC before they'll work the way you want them to.

No, that's what I mean. I'm doing them all eventually. It's just taking a while because Warframe isn't the only game I play.

The one who will probably take the longest is Hildryn, because her shields-as-energy passive means I'll have to use a completely different loadout for her than the one I use for everyone else.

Ivan Hunger on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

No, that's what I mean. I'm doing them all eventually. It's just taking a while because Warframe isn't the only game I play.

The one who will probably take the longest is Hildryn, because her shields-as-energy passive means I'll have to use a completely different loadout for her than the one I use for everyone else.

She is tremendous though, best new frame since I started playing which isn't terribly long, but she wins by miles.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2020

honestly one of the best decisions I made when I started playing was to go in for the Twitch Prime deal that gave me Trinity and the Vectis Prime. Those two carried me through... a lot.

The truly ideal setup for The Fastest Possible Reload on the Vectis Prime is Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, and, ideally, Primed Chamber (which is at least easier to get than it used to be). You can add in Primed Fast Hands if you have 100 or so plat to spare for a total of 103% reload speed (iirc that's about 0.4 seconds to reload). So, if you're a VERY good shot, and on a mission where one shot one kill is viable, that's potentially +15 energy every 0.4 seconds. Hell, even without Primed Fast Hands and JUST using Depleted Reload, that's still only 0.56 seconds on each reload.

... actually hell, I'm just gonna double check my math using Warframe Builder real quick...
    Charged Chamber + Primed Chamber + Depleted Reload + Serration + Primed Fast Hands + Hush in the Exilus slot, if you've Potato'd it, and you haven't even yet Forma'd it, you STILL Have 21 Drain left. This gives you:

890.400 impact
    1001.700 puncture
    333.900 slash
    2.388 fire rate
    0.419 reload

2226 total damage.

And again, that's BEFORE adding in anything that adjusts Criticals.

*Edit* You have enough room for both Point Strike and Vital Sense before Forma'ing, giving you total Critical damage of 7902 per shot. And you've still got one slot left, so if you do Forma it you can put something else silly in.

Speaking of, @Bobble , any chance I can catch you this weekend for that Primed Chamber? >>;;;

Lucid_Seraph on
    The weapon exilus slot has added a new interest in Vigilante mods for me. Vigiliante Pursuit in the warframe exilus slot, vigilante supplies in your weapon exilus slot, vigilante armaments for a bit of extra multishot.
    15% chance of upgrading crits one step. 20% on slow-firing weapons or bows as Vigiliante Fervor is not a bad +rate of fire mod.

This discussion has been closed.