As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PC Build Thread] Video cards: Still expensive. Ryzen: Still awesome.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @Dr. Chaos how are you making out?
    Oh, its still going to be awhile (bout a month or two) before I get the funds together for all the parts. Right now just been looking up the motherboard manual of the one I'm going to buy.

Thanks for the replies though. Will chime in again eventually when it starts kicking my ass.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Oh and G-Sync is awesome my eyes are melting.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    A bit early, but I happened to notice just now....so mmmm, new thread smell:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/235631/pc-build-thread-keep-your-human-antivirus-up-to-date/p1?new=1

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    I'm trying to use displayport on my GTX 1070.

I was able to log on with HDMI, switched cables to displayport and get no signal. Tested both the displayport jacks on my card. When I powered cycled the monitor displayport started working.

I'm working now I don't have a chance yet to see if the issue repeats.

Edit: Got back home and rebooted a couple of times, seems like the displayport connection is working fine now.

GPU -> DP cable -> monitor can be a bit finicky initially.
    We had the same problem with laptops at work. Once it was working we had no repeat issues.

Yea I just had this at work, the display port wouldn't come on until I rebooted and it detected a connection at startup. Worked fine since.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.