As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't search?

noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
I noticed that I can't search anymore, nor find posts by others either. When I try to, it tells me that;
noir_blood, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If you are a whiny little bitch, then you might only able to post in the whiny little bitches forum. Bad luck for you.

Now, I know I haven't been banned or gotten any type of infraction. Any other reason this could be for?

noir_blood on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2008
    Search has been disabled. Please take a rudimentary glance at the rest of the topics in the forum where this is explained in detail.

Tube on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2008
    heh heh, I forgot that whiny little bitch message was still in there. That was an experimental feature for a subforum which came and went before the feature got implemented.

Anywho, that is the generic, "you cannot use this feature" message. The reason it is showing up now instead of the "Search has been disabled" message, is because I needed the mods to be able to search (so, for instance, when we get a spammer they can find all the spam posts to trashcan them). So search is enabled, but locked down to the minimum number of users.

Ramius on
This discussion has been closed.