As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The weapon exilus slot has added a new interest in Vigilante mods for me. Vigiliante Pursuit in the warframe exilus slot, vigilante supplies in your weapon exilus slot, vigilante armaments for a bit of extra multishot.
    15% chance of upgrading crits one step. 20% on slow-firing weapons or bows as Vigiliante Fervor is not a bad +rate of fire mod.

I think I'm loving my Vigilante setup with the Tenora. The individual bullets aren't astounding, but the volume of them makes the Vig trigger much more likely and smooths out it damage output vs. something slower RoF with bigger damage chunks that's rolling fewer chances to proc.

Extra love with a Crit Chance riven, putting its crit at 117%, and then making that extra dumb with a Kitty Luck crit buff.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    dporowski wrote: »
    You're gonna like that Vectis, though.

And at least once you hit 14 or so, maybe 16, it unlocks everything in the game.

honestly one of the best decisions I made when I started playing was to go in for the Twitch Prime deal that gave me Trinity and the Vectis Prime. Those two carried me through... a lot.

The truly ideal setup for The Fastest Possible Reload on the Vectis Prime is Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, and, ideally, Primed Chamber (which is at least easier to get than it used to be). You can add in Primed Fast Hands if you have 100 or so plat to spare for a total of 103% reload speed (iirc that's about 0.4 seconds to reload). So, if you're a VERY good shot, and on a mission where one shot one kill is viable, that's potentially +15 energy every 0.4 seconds. Hell, even without Primed Fast Hands and JUST using Depleted Reload, that's still only 0.56 seconds on each reload.

... actually hell, I'm just gonna double check my math using Warframe Builder real quick...
    Charged Chamber + Primed Chamber + Depleted Reload + Serration + Primed Fast Hands + Hush in the Exilus slot, if you've Potato'd it, and you haven't even yet Forma'd it, you STILL Have 21 Drain left. This gives you:

890.400 impact
    1001.700 puncture
    333.900 slash
    2.388 fire rate
    0.419 reload

2226 total damage.

And again, that's BEFORE adding in anything that adjusts Criticals.

*Edit* You have enough room for both Point Strike and Vital Sense before Forma'ing, giving you total Critical damage of 7902 per shot. And you've still got one slot left, so if you do Forma it you can put something else silly in.

Speaking of, @Bobble , any chance I can catch you this weekend for that Primed Chamber? >>;;;

@Lucid_Seraph absolutely, I'm around all day and most of tomorrow (may not be in warframe but if you PM me on the forums it'll send me an email and I should notice on my phone relatively quickly, or just holler about a rough time you'll be on).

Bobble on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So apparently I've been playing Gara all wrong. I just sort of assumed that running into allies would duplicate my current Splinter Storm on them. I mean, the ability description says "Allies who contact the cloud are fortified against damage." But I don't see the buff on people, so...

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    from what i remember, you need to cast splinter storm on your allies (or any objective with health) for them to benefit.
    on the plus, when you 'splode your wall, anyone caught in the radius that does have splinter storm will get that extra benefit (your shredding aoe)

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Turns out I'm only Mastery Rank 12. Mastery Rank is something that I stopped caring about years ago because I found a main loadout I liked and rarely had any need to switch to anything else. But the Vectis Prime requires 14.

In this game, finding a loadout that you like and rarely bothering to switch to anything else is roughly the same as finding a node on the star chart that you like and just playing it over and over rather than bothering to progress past it.

I guess I should be more specific.

As I mentioned before, I like to spam warframe abilities. So my loadout is entirely dedicated to making that easier to do. My sentinel choice, my weapon choices, and my focus school choice are all just a means to that end.

My long term goal is to forma all the base warframes for max ability strength builds. I really like playing with max strength because it makes the warframes feel like superheroes. (My Loki really sucks, by the way.) I think it's a habit I picked up from my old Mass Effect 3 days, where I used to play as an unarmed Engineer for lower cooldown times. But max strength means using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. Because my efficiency and duration are penalized, my energy economy is always bad, hence the need for the specific loadout I use. Once I'm done with all the base frames, I may even start over with the Prime frames.

But I have a bad habit of formaing one frame at a time, meaning I have a bunch of unranked warframes just lying around in my arsenal waiting for their turn. Combine that with the fact that I mostly use one loadout only, and you'll understand why my Mastery Rank has been sitting at 12 for years.

I understand that the way I engage with this game is super weird and doesn't make any sense from a min-max perspective. I also understand how it leads to problems like the one I'm currently dealing with. But I just can't play Warframe any other way.

Without knowing the details of what you've leveled my uninformed guess would be you might be sleeping on a number of frames that you would end up loving with your play-style except they admittedly need a lot of TLC before they'll work the way you want them to.

No, that's what I mean. I'm doing them all eventually. It's just taking a while because Warframe isn't the only game I play.

The one who will probably take the longest is Hildryn, because her shields-as-energy passive means I'll have to use a completely different loadout for her than the one I use for everyone else.

Yeah if you love using Warframe powers you'll probably love Hildryn.

I virtually never actually end up using my primary/secondary weapons while playing her. And with leveled shield mods (and bringing along my Raska Kubrow) energy shields are almost never a problem.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Got the things to primarily care about out of the operation (mastery fodder), time to see how much I care about collecting Arcanes. Did get a full 21stack of the mag proc one for if/when I do Eidolon hunts in the future. On the cosmetics side, I've snagged the three clan emblem glyphs and have 8 out of 9 operation-related emblems (murax III, condrix II, operations III). If I can get a half decent group it shouldn't be hard to mash face against ground mission to get the condrix III.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    SteveRage wrote: »
    from what i remember, you need to cast splinter storm on your allies (or any objective with health) for them to benefit.
    on the plus, when you 'splode your wall, anyone caught in the radius that does have splinter storm will get that extra benefit (your shredding aoe)

Yeah, I always did that to buff myself, but I just figured from its description that I was buffing my allies just by running into them.

Which the ability should probably do, because having to track that nonsense and try to rely on using the wall to refresh their buffs and/or constantly reapply it to individual party members sucks. I was trying to do it for a few condrix runs, and I just ended up doing more buff management and looking at timers on the sides of the screens than playing the game.

And also getting almost livid when the buff would fall off someone despite me casting wall because they were out of the AoE for the entire duration of the cast, somehow.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Turns out I'm only Mastery Rank 12. Mastery Rank is something that I stopped caring about years ago because I found a main loadout I liked and rarely had any need to switch to anything else. But the Vectis Prime requires 14.

In this game, finding a loadout that you like and rarely bothering to switch to anything else is roughly the same as finding a node on the star chart that you like and just playing it over and over rather than bothering to progress past it.

As I mentioned before, I like to spam warframe abilities. So my loadout is entirely dedicated to making that easier to do. My sentinel choice, my weapon choices, and my focus school choice are all just a means to that end.

My long term goal is to forma all the base warframes for max ability strength builds. I really like playing with max strength because it makes the warframes feel like superheroes. (My Loki really sucks, by the way.) I think it's a habit I picked up from my old Mass Effect 3 days, where I used to play as an unarmed Engineer for lower cooldown times. But max strength means using Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude. Because my efficiency and duration are penalized, my energy economy is always bad, hence the need for the specific loadout I use. Once I'm done with all the base frames, I may even start over with the Prime frames.

But I have a bad habit of formaing one frame at a time, meaning I have a bunch of unranked warframes just lying around in my arsenal waiting for their turn. Combine that with the fact that I mostly use one loadout only, and you'll understand why my Mastery Rank has been sitting at 12 for years.

I understand that the way I engage with this game is super weird and doesn't make any sense from a min-max perspective. I also understand how it leads to problems like the one I'm currently dealing with. But I just can't play Warframe any other way.

Without knowing the details of what you've leveled my uninformed guess would be you might be sleeping on a number of frames that you would end up loving with your play-style except they admittedly need a lot of TLC before they'll work the way you want them to.

No, that's what I mean. I'm doing them all eventually. It's just taking a while because Warframe isn't the only game I play.

The one who will probably take the longest is Hildryn, because her shields-as-energy passive means I'll have to use a completely different loadout for her than the one I use for everyone else.

I virtually never actually end up using my primary/secondary weapons while playing her. And with leveled shield mods (and bringing along my Raska Kubrow) energy shields are almost never a problem.

Weirdly, I built entirely around her 2/3, so constantly use a gun, only pausing to tap the armor strip pulse on cooldown. I love having 5k shields.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Today I learned that a Nova with "white" as their energy color means waves of Grineer popping into clouds of magnesium-bright sparks.

Warframe has a lot of weird, messed-up moments of beauty like that.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

And at least once you hit 14 or so, maybe 16, it unlocks everything in the game.

honestly one of the best decisions I made when I started playing was to go in for the Twitch Prime deal that gave me Trinity and the Vectis Prime. Those two carried me through... a lot.

The truly ideal setup for The Fastest Possible Reload on the Vectis Prime is Depleted Reload + Charged Chamber, and, ideally, Primed Chamber (which is at least easier to get than it used to be). You can add in Primed Fast Hands if you have 100 or so plat to spare for a total of 103% reload speed (iirc that's about 0.4 seconds to reload). So, if you're a VERY good shot, and on a mission where one shot one kill is viable, that's potentially +15 energy every 0.4 seconds. Hell, even without Primed Fast Hands and JUST using Depleted Reload, that's still only 0.56 seconds on each reload.

... actually hell, I'm just gonna double check my math using Warframe Builder real quick...
    Charged Chamber + Primed Chamber + Depleted Reload + Serration + Primed Fast Hands + Hush in the Exilus slot, if you've Potato'd it, and you haven't even yet Forma'd it, you STILL Have 21 Drain left. This gives you:

890.400 impact
    1001.700 puncture
    333.900 slash
    2.388 fire rate
    0.419 reload

2226 total damage.

*Edit* You have enough room for both Point Strike and Vital Sense before Forma'ing, giving you total Critical damage of 7902 per shot. And you've still got one slot left, so if you do Forma it you can put something else silly in.

Speaking of, @Bobble , any chance I can catch you this weekend for that Primed Chamber? >>;;;

While this is how a smart person would build their Vectis Prime, I'm planning on going for something a lot more gimmicky.

All four elemental status mods for 102% status chance. This ensures the ability strength buff from my Growing Power aura is always active.

Depleted Reload + Primed Fast Hands + Aero Agility for the fasted possible reload times.

Sharpshooter, of course.

And Vile Precision as the exilus mod. High recoil can be annoying while aiming and fire rate is irrelevant on a gun with a single shot magazine anyway.

See, "leveled shield mods" is a problem because those take up warframe mod slots, and between all the ability strength mods and augment mods that benefit from high ability strength, my warframes rarely have mod slots to spare. It's not a huge problem though since, much like with energy, there are others ways to keep your shields topped off if you're creative enough.

I have to ask, why Raska Kubrow? Taxos seems like the obvious choice for maximum shield regeneration. Is there something I'm missing?

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Today I learned that a Nova with "white" as their energy color means waves of Grineer popping into clouds of magnesium-bright sparks.

Warframe has a lot of weird, messed-up moments of beauty like that.

that reminds me of the time I just matched Opticor Vandal's color scheme to my Valkyr's, forgetting that I had set Valkyr's energy to the Whitest White

my eyes

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options

890.400 impact
    1001.700 puncture
    333.900 slash
    2.388 fire rate
    0.419 reload

2226 total damage.

While this is how a smart person would build their Vectis Prime, I'm planning on going for something a lot more gimmicky.

All four elemental status mods for 102% status chance. This ensures the ability strength buff from my Growing Power aura is always active.

Depleted Reload + Primed Fast Hands + Aero Agility for the fasted possible reload times.

Sharpshooter, of course.

And Vile Precision as the exilus mod. High recoil can be annoying while aiming and fire rate is irrelevant on a gun with a single shot magazine anyway.

See, "leveled shield mods" is a problem because those take up warframe mod slots, and between all the ability strength mods and augment mods that benefit from high ability strength, my warframes rarely have mod slots to spare. It's not a huge problem though since, much like with energy, there are others ways to keep your shields topped off if you're creative enough.

I have to ask, why Raska Kubrow? Taxos seems like the obvious choice for maximum shield regeneration. Is there something I'm missing?

A Raska Kubrow restores shields via Protect, has CC in the form of Howl, is incredibly tanky with the Link Shields and Link Armor mods, and can be revived if downed.

Taxon restores shields as well for sure but doesn't have anywhere near the survivability. In my experience sentinels just don't live long enough in high level missions. Eventually puppers and kitties start getting insta-downed as well but once I hit that level of enemies the entire play-style kinda has to change anyways.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I mean, if you're going full power, no utility, why not take the sentinel that poops out energy?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I mean, if you're going full power, no utility, why not take the sentinel that poops out energy?

Energy Orb Deth Machine is a pretty decent goal to work towards for pure power builds yeah.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I have to wonder how many players managed to make it to the Veil without ever learning how crewships work and how to destroy them. Based on how many players seem to have a turret fetish even after all the fighters are gone, the number feels like it has to be significantly greater than zero.

• Options
    I have to wonder how many players managed to make it to the Veil without ever learning how crewships work and how to destroy them. Based on how many players seem to have a turret fetish even after all the fighters are gone, the number feels like it has to be significantly greater than zero.

In my experience it's tricky for people to even be able to make it to the Veil without assistance at this point. It's hard to solo your way through the nodes once you get out of Earth Proxima and there isn't a ton of people queuing up for anything other than Veil.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I still havn't been there. Intrinsic 7 in all specialties is a bit steep for someone that don't find Railjack super engaging.

I like it fine, but the fact that you have to play one way makes it a chore.
    I got my two weapons and then kind of stopped after getting to intrinsic 5.

If they make Archwing damage usefull I might be tempted again. As it is, my interest in Warframe is waning.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Railjack is a blast with a premade group on voice chat.

PUGing it, I dunno, works? But it's not nearly as fun.

I totally agree on the Archwing stuff though. If going out in Archwing to take care of fighters felt like an actual option it might be more fun.

But even then it still kind of requires a level of coordination that other mission types just don't which makes PUGs more frustrating. I almost feel obligated to spend the entire time thinking "Ok, what needs to get done that isn't getting done right now?"

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I was thinking the 200 shields per enemy provided by Taxon would be more overall than the 25 shields per orb provided by Dethcube.

But now that you mention it, I forgot that an important secondary function of Dethcube is making sure the strength boost from Energy Conversion is always active, so I'm probably better off sticking with Dethcube, even when playing as Hildryn. I just can't say no that 50% boost!

Say, has anyone tested the new Energizing Shot mod with Hildryn? I wonder if the "extra effect" bonus works with her.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    I still havn't been there. Intrinsic 7 in all specialties is a bit steep for someone that don't find Railjack super engaging.

I like it fine, but the fact that you have to play one way makes it a chore.
    I got my two weapons and then kind of stopped after getting to intrinsic 5.

If they make Archwing damage usefull I might be tempted again. As it is, my interest in Warframe is waning.

You only need one intrinsic at 7, not all of them.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Man, I'm so behind on RJ it's not even funny. Played the first few days when it launched on Switch and enjoyed what I played but then I started doing more important things (for me) and never got back into it. Now it will be practically impossible to catch up since nobody on Switch are running low level/earth missions. The command intrinsic can't come soon enough. I just hope that I can actually play and solo (with an NPC crew) when it does drop.

In related news, at least I'm almost caught up on building all the available (non-vaulted) prime frames. All except Ivara Prime who for some reason I can't get her systems to drop. It would be nice if I could get that last part before Titania Prime drops. I'll continue praying to the RNGods. I refuse to pay 50-60 plat for that one part. Time to go and troll/leach Axi missions for a bit.

Other than that it seems like the perfect time (with all this free time at home) to finally finish the star chart and continue working on getting my MR to at least 16. I might even have some time to finally dive into things that I've been ignoring like Eidolons, Focus, Liches, RailJack, Arbitrations, Sorties, Orb Mothers, Ropalolyst, and last but not least (actually should be first) Quests.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    And here I thought when viral said "health" it meant y'know, red bars.

It does not.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    How long I gotta kill these fuckers to get an arcane?

Also poor timing to discover I forma'd my lanka and its on level 12. Still kicked ass and it does hundreds of points of damage to a sentient adapted to electeicity

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

So they changed viral from "halves HP" to "deals stacking increased damage against health", and I assumed they couldn't possibly mean "just deals up to 100% extra damage against everything but blue/purple bars" but well, nope, they did.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    How long I gotta kill these fuckers to get an arcane?

Also poor timing to discover I forma'd my lanka and its on level 12. Still kicked ass and it does hundreds of points of damage to a sentient adapted to electeicity

Yeah, at this point, I'm conisdering just throwing plat at it. The prices surely must have gone down a lot, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did you know an Ignis Wraith could get a 60k crit? I sure as shit didn't...

• Options

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

So they changed viral from "halves HP" to "deals stacking increased damage against health", and I assumed they couldn't possibly mean "just deals up to 100% extra damage against everything but blue/purple bars" but well, nope, they did.

What else would it be?

The change to EHP is the same anyway for both systems, the new one is just more consistent and understandable.

• Options
  • Options

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

What else would it be?

The change to EHP is the same anyway for both systems, the new one is just more consistent and understandable.

Well, there's types of HP called "health" so I assumed. (I think there are, anyway.)

And... Yeah I dunno, the effect when combined with both crit and slash is quite a bit more powerful than the old halving was, I think. I swapped a number of weapons from corrosive to viral, and the difference is perceptible. (This Ignis, for instance, is absurd, and I think my Regulators committed a minor war crime, and I mean one larger than their usual.)

• Options
    Corrosive is still better against Grineer iirc but yeah Viral is now the king against Corpus. Gas still remains the way to make Infested die but there's so many ways to render them ineffective it doesn't matter much outside of a couple of events.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've got a flamethrower that's critting for 50-60k against infested w/ Viral... Why swap? Grineer, Corpus, Corrupted; everything just melts when you viral it. Sure, Corrosive gets you 75% against Ferrite, but oh jesus christ it's not 100% I just checked the wiki again.

It's 100% base on the first proc, plus another 25% per proc, stacking to 325%, and that's interacting with crit and slashes the way you'd think. Well shit. No fucking WONDER this works so well.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Grendel in the oven now. My idea to use Hildryn seemed to work fairly well for the missions.

My idea to diversify the elements on my new Kuva Nukor by making the bonus be Radiation, less so. Whoops.

• Options
    Woot! Bought first arcane. Unlikely i will get any others outside this event

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Woot! Bought first arcane. Unlikely i will get any others outside this event

You can get a lot of them by farming Quills/Vox Solaris rep!

Sure most of them are pretty useless but still

HappylilElf on
  • Options
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Is the prime vault thing a good deal?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Huh, picked up a handle and barrel for the Shedu while farming this event. Maybe I'll keep doing space missions and collect the rest eventually!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yes, i maxed out scans on event enemies in the first day

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    What gun(s) are people using for this event? So far I've tried Tiburon Prime and the Telos Boltor, and they're effective against Grineer etc at low-mid levels, but once it starts getting up past 7 or 8 rounds and 100 level... I'm not used to fighting, or building for, enemies like that. Don't have any Kuva weps yet or other forms of cheese. Do I just extract or let the rest of the squad carry me at that point? :?

This discussion has been closed.