As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hell

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Hell

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    And Battletoads is Double Hell ?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    This is a phenomenal game.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    And Battletoads is Double Hell ?

And Silent Hill is Scarytown.

• Options
    evilspoonsevilspoons Registered User new member
    Anyone know why there's a green arrow pointing at Tycho's shoulders in the first panel? It seems unnecessary, maybe accidental leftovers from the drawing process?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    evilspoons wrote: »
    Anyone know why there's a green arrow pointing at Tycho's shoulders in the first panel? It seems unnecessary, maybe accidental leftovers from the drawing process?

Instead of his normal lackadaisical fully reclined position, he has to lean forward to ensure maximum effort in his struggles in the game.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Instead of his normal lackadaisical fully reclined position, he has to lean forward to ensure maximum effort in his struggles in the game.

Its this meme https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/leaning-forward-in-chair-diagram--2

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Its this meme https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/leaning-forward-in-chair-diagram--2

That's incredibly helpful (if applicable here, which it seems like it is). As time goes on, I feel like I'm getting more and more "meme not found" errors.

• Options
    InvertinInvertin Registered User regular
    Saying that "nobody gave a shit" about the final arenas in Doom Eternal is doing a huge disservice to them.

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I realized that the "scorpion on sundae" metaphor is incorrect because that's the first thing you get to, when we want to be talking about what happens at the end.

Which made me think about Friendly's. Do they still exist? They used to have a "happy ending" sundae which you could get to finish off your meal, but also had a little bludge of candy in the bottom under the ice cream. So it was double happy ending.

Then THAT made me laugh because "happy ending" means something totally different when you're an adult. How many millions of children left Friendly's after a happy ending.

LieutenantDan on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

That's incredibly helpful (if applicable here, which it seems like it is). As time goes on, I feel like I'm getting more and more "meme not found" errors.

I didn't even realize it was a meme at all. So I'm right there with ya.

• Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    As soon as i get a taste of hell in these kinds of games i'm out.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    ATF_Griff wrote: »
    As soon as i get a taste of hell in these kinds of games i'm out.

IRL hell? Or in-game hell? Cuz if it's the latter... I hate to break it to you, your game play experience will be brief.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Hopefully, there are at least mobs to fight during these epic battles, so that the game’s core mechanics are not tossed out the window in a pantomime of the shortcomings of so many other FPS games.

Please do use spoilers if you reply to the effect that this is, or is not, the case. Doesn’t bother me to know one way or the other, but some players will want to go in knowing only that they’re facing a grueling challenge.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Hell is other people's spoilers.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I didn't know it was a meme either, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that the arrow was there to indicate movement.

• Options
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I didn't know it was a meme either, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that the arrow was there to indicate movement.

I don't think people were confused by that. It just seemed superfluous, and only made sense in that they were referencing a meme.