As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    captaink wrote: »
    Is the prime vault thing a good deal?

If you're on consoles and don't get the coupons for plat, otherwise unless you want the cosmetics, it's probably cheaper to get the parts from other players

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I think it is a good deal for new players since it allows you to skip grinding for relics and parts and just get the frames which are only available for a limited time. I did a breakdown once upon a time and if you convert everything into plat prices it is a decent discount on what you would buy undiscounted plat for.

I bought the Rhine/Nyx pack when I started playing and it was a lifesaver since it gave me good frames and weapons, all with potatoes plus some plat for more slots. I didn't have to figure out which relics to get, find groups to radshare, etc. and just let me jump into the frames.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    What gun(s) are people using for this event? So far I've tried Tiburon Prime and the Telos Boltor, and they're effective against Grineer etc at low-mid levels, but once it starts getting up past 7 or 8 rounds and 100 level... I'm not used to fighting, or building for, enemies like that. Don't have any Kuva weps yet or other forms of cheese. Do I just extract or let the rest of the squad carry me at that point? :?

I've been using mostly Kuva Karak. That can comfortably take me to 15.
    Among the non-kuva weapons stuff like acceltra, ignis wraith and stradavar prime should be able to do the job.

However, the current envionment favors melee and picking the right warframes. Frames like Khora, Wisp, Saryn (seriously. Venom dose+Umbral set saryn is glorious)...party fun for everyone.
    Someone on the team should also have Limbo or Gara, or your uplinks won't really survive.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

It's not a bad deal plat-wise iirc.

But I still don't recommend it unless you really want the Warframe(s) that are in the pack and don't want to work for it/them.

I will 100% be buying the Titania Prime pack but that's because fuck yes they made Titania Prime *fryshutupandtakemymoney.jpg*

• Options
    Yeah, the most important team member is really a good defensive frame. Even if you do 0 damage, taking a limbo or whatever would still make you the mvp

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If you just want the gear, trading might be a better deal. If you want the gear and whatever exclusive cosmetics are in in, then go ahead.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    What gun(s) are people using for this event? So far I've tried Tiburon Prime and the Telos Boltor, and they're effective against Grineer etc at low-mid levels, but once it starts getting up past 7 or 8 rounds and 100 level... I'm not used to fighting, or building for, enemies like that. Don't have any Kuva weps yet or other forms of cheese. Do I just extract or let the rest of the squad carry me at that point? :?

I've been using mostly Kuva Karak. That can comfortably take me to 15.
    Among the non-kuva weapons stuff like acceltra, ignis wraith and stradavar prime should be able to do the job.

However, the current envionment favors melee and picking the right warframes. Frames like Khora, Wisp, Saryn (seriously. Venom dose+Umbral set saryn is glorious)...party fun for everyone.
    Someone on the team should also have Limbo or Gara, or your uplinks won't really survive.

Have Khora, Limbo and Gara (and Ignis Wraith(!) and Strad Prime), but not any of the rest. :/ Been meaning to get Gauss and all of his kit, but was holding off for "the right time".
    I have a lot of time logged in this game and a big collection, but I've never gone too deep (except for story)... little or no high-level hunting, 30+ minute survivals, etc.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I will say that using a crit Zaw with Exodia Contagion is another option, if you have it. I teamed with IRL buddies last night (as the Limbo, btw) and it was capable of ripping 50k plus damage chunks out of the Condrix on a good hit. Took us to 17 with relative ease.

I will also say that I felt like I was playing a beat-em-up the whole time, what with the constant Jump-Jump-Glide-Attack button presses I was spamming. If I hadn't gone to bed after our run, I would have had to switch weapons from sheer exhaustion. 🤣

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    And here I thought when viral said "health" it meant y'know, red bars.

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

So they changed viral from "halves HP" to "deals stacking increased damage against health", and I assumed they couldn't possibly mean "just deals up to 100% extra damage against everything but blue/purple bars" but well, nope, they did.

Wait what?

I thought it meant that armored, yellow health enemies, wouldn't take the bonus.

Why would it work this way.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

So they changed viral from "halves HP" to "deals stacking increased damage against health", and I assumed they couldn't possibly mean "just deals up to 100% extra damage against everything but blue/purple bars" but well, nope, they did.

Wait what?

I thought it meant that armored, yellow health enemies, wouldn't take the bonus.

I know, right? But seems like it does, same way as viral used to proc them down to 50% hp. Now it means "viral procs them up to 4.25x damage whee all hail viral!"

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

It does not.
    What d'ya mean?

Wait what?

I know, right? But seems like it does, same way as viral used to proc them down to 50% hp. Now it means "viral procs them up to 4.25x damage whee all hail viral!"

While that might have been a slight oversight on DE's part, I prefer it to literally every enemy in the game (bar most infested) simply ignoring the proc just because they have any amount of armor.

Fucking everything worth fighting has armor.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The Vault seems like a good deal since it's 2 frames, 4 weapons, some cosmetics, and some platinum. I like Oberon okay, don't have any idea about Nyx. I am out of platinum,slots, and unmastered anything, so I want to spend some money to take care of that.

I also want to drop some of the platinum on some color schemes, not sure if there's a good bundle there either?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I’ve never bought color schemes because damn near every real world holiday and random in-game events will grant a free color set.

• Options
    I think I've bought a couple, when I got a coupon and didn't have anything interesting to buy with it.

• Options
    Ok. Corinth prime looks awesome...

...but I'm sadly a bit disappointed with the pangolin prime. The statboost is 'uuuuuuge, with almost double damage and massively increased crit and status, but I liked the graceful look of the pangolin sword while Pangolin prime has given up that long, clean and graceful blade for just pure opulence.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The Vault seems like a good deal since it's 2 frames, 4 weapons, some cosmetics, and some platinum. I like Oberon okay, don't have any idea about Nyx. I am out of platinum,slots, and unmastered anything, so I want to spend some money to take care of that.

I also want to drop some of the platinum on some color schemes, not sure if there's a good bundle there either?

There are at least two color palette bundles in the online store which will get you most of the colors out there barring holiday ones and the oddball one which isn't in a bundle (yet?).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok. Corinth prime looks awesome...

...but I'm sadly a bit disappointed with the pangolin prime. The statboost is 'uuuuuuge, with almost double damage and massively increased crit and status, but I liked the graceful look of the pangolin sword while Pangolin prime has given up that long, clean and graceful blade for just pure opulence.

Oh right

I have to give DE $140 today

• Options
    I assume 70% off platinum is better than almost any package deal?

• Options
    I assume 70% off platinum is better than almost any package deal?

I haven't done the math but yes almost assuredly so.

• Options
    How to utterly crush Ground missions on Scarlet spear.
    Saryn with: Venom Dose +Str +Duration +Toughness (Umbral if you got 'em)
    Acceltra with: Crit, Viral and Vigiliante mods (vigilante supplies&multishot).
    Melee of your choice with: Lifestrike and stuff.
    Secondary: Any hard hitting secondary that has enough range to hit the condrix at full power.

At level 15 you're still exploding entire squads of grineer at the same time (you can easily get +200% corrosive damage from Venom dose) and you do well against sentients too. Against the condrix you should start to switch to your secondary at about level 10. If you get health-hits you just jump up into the air and heavy slam with your melee.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wow the twin grakata is cool as hell

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Wow the twin grakata is cool as hell

9dpk4463n2u4.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    twooo grakata

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    twooo grakata

Clem approves

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ZB9CEi9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I will say. I wish it had some polarity. Or at least that I had a potato for it yet.

I wish I could have used my 50% coupon the other day.

Also one of these days I still gotta clear up to mot in the void so I can continue the story. I'm on the last node before the void gate on sedna but I've never done a disruption mission before?

Sedna missions are really hard too, especially if I'm soloing (I hate pugs, they move too fast) I suppose at this level of mission difficulty I should max out more of my frame mods though huh?

• Options
    Clem, Clem Clem Clem, Clem Clem
    Clem Clem Clem, Grakatta Clem
    Clem Clem Clem Clem Clem, Clem
    Clem Clem Clem Grakatta Clem.

Clem Clem Clem, Clem Clem Clem
    Grakatta Clem Clem. Grakatta
    Clem Grakatta Clem Clem.

Clem, Clem Clem Clem, Clem
    Clem Grakatta Clem. Clem!
    Grakatta Clem Clem. Clem
    Clem Grakatta Clem Clem.

-Clem

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Oops. Didn't realise I had no Nitain left. Spent all my credits on Kuva weeks ago too.

Guess Titania Prime has to wait until they release the next season.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I am not feeling the Corinth Prime. Or at least the airburst mode. :( The forced manual detonation is just not a happy thing.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    There we go, cracked 5k points on the ground mission for the 3pip emblem, all that remains is as much arcane grinding as I can stomach.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Doubleposting, patch has landed, the full set of arcanes is now available and they've increased point payouts.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I am not feeling the Corinth Prime. Or at least the airburst mode. :( The forced manual detonation is just not a happy thing.

The Corinth Prime is even better at crushing high level elites. It will one shot high level captains and you can do it 20 times before reloading with a faster ROF. It's a beast.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Two things:

1. I guess that these Grendel missions maybe aren't supposed to be soloed, but they suck. I don't even understand the "flavor" of being forced to do missions sans mods to acquire parts for the Hungry Hungry Hippo frame.

2. In the process of acquiring Arbitration Currency, I acquired an Aura Forma Blueprint. The cost of building such a thing is so prohibitively stupid for such minimal benefit, but I guess they thought it would serve as an outlet for excess Nitain?

• Options

The Corinth Prime is even better at crushing high level elites. It will one shot high level captains and you can do it 20 times before reloading with a faster ROF. It's a beast.

Yeah... But that airburst, man. The primary fire's fine, not saying anything there, but the airburst just hurts. Can't even detonate the last one on a full clip, because you immediately go into the reload animation. Bring back the automatic detonation, and it'd be great.

• Options
    Tbh, I could never get great results from the airburst. Either it fizzled because they were too close, or they were too far away

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Does using/getting kills with a weapon get more mastery than just having it equipped? Should I be using my crap weapons to level them faster or just stick them on and let them go passively?

• Options
    Does using/getting kills with a weapon get more mastery than just having it equipped? Should I be using my crap weapons to level them faster or just stick them on and let them go passively?

Yes and yes, though the latter does get you some "leaked" xp from your kills and everyone else's near you.

• Options
    IIRC, with personally-gained affinity, only the weapon used to get the kill gets any affinity. Shared affinity is evenly split between equipped weapons.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    metaghost wrote: »
    Two things:

1. I guess that these Grendel missions maybe aren't supposed to be soloed, but they suck. I don't even understand the "flavor" of being forced to do missions sans mods to acquire parts for the Hungry Hungry Hippo frame.

To me it felt like the age old problem of MMO devs hating when people solo content.

I did the Excavation one on my own one 20% completed excavator at a time. Used Hildrin since her overshield doesn't need mods.

They do, but if it is an underpowered one, just stick you useing a good weapon in another slot. It will take longer to rank, but you get to have fun doing it.
    It also helps to have fewer weapons equiped, as you then get more of the passiv xp from your team on the weapon you want it on.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Yeah... But that airburst, man. The primary fire's fine, not saying anything there, but the airburst just hurts. Can't even detonate the last one on a full clip, because you immediately go into the reload animation. Bring back the automatic detonation, and it'd be great.

oh god they ruined the corinth's perfect automatic-timed grenade burst with the prime version? boooo!

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.