As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    This thread gets more posts than the League of Legends thread. This game isn't dead.

The League reddit has 25k users active right this second
    The HotS reddit has 1.4k

Make of that information what you will.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Hots is actually being kept alive by Milk Ducks efforts to proclaim it dead at this point.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The sad thing is, you're right.

Whenever I stop posting in this thread, it dies, for weeks and months at a time.

You can go check the post dates.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I tried to get people talking about Xul being OP but it only got one post. So, like, what are the OP builds for Xul now? I'm not sure HeroesProfile is up to date since it still seems to show the old talents.

• Options
    I basically play Xul exactly the same way I always did, as more or less full Q into Mortal Wound at 20. Sorry, I dont have access to talent names and everything right now: I'm at work, lol. I think his W build is pretty powerful, too. Though to be honest, it always was situationally strong. He's just as susceptible to being Blinded or otherwise CC'd and locked down as he always was, though. So I feel like Q is more consistently effective if perhaps less situationally powerful, but your mileage may vary.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah from what I've seen Xul plays exactly the same except he can actually contribute to team fights and has some poke with Q.

• Options
    Exactly, yeah. Nothing has changed except they've tacked additional functionality onto his kit, so he plays the same as he always did but now he can contribute meaningfully to teamfights.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    My usual go-to build is:

- Whatever at 1 (they're all good, take as needed)
    - Jailors at 4
    - Trag'oul's at 7
    - Either at 10 (depends on if you need CC or just damage. i've been using Poison Nova a lot lately, it's quite good. Skeletal Mages is still good. it all just depends.)
    - Echoes of Death at 13
    - Decrepify OR Weaken at 16 (both are fantastic, it just depends on what you need. being able to keep essentially a pseudo-permanent 40% slow up on squishies is fuckin' NUTS though. Weaken to shutdown hypercarries and the like.)
    - Whatever you need at 20. Mortal Wound is great for shutting down healers/selfhealers, both Ult upgrades are fantastic, Kalan's Edict will get you a LOT more usage out of your Ult/Bone Armor.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Well that's not Q or W!

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Well that's not Q or W!

lol, Dibby prefers Jailors at 4, because of the better solo burst potential (I tend to only take Backlash at 1, for the same reason), whereas I take the Q cooldown reduction for more consistent uptime on the 16/20 debuffs. Otherwise we favor essentially the same build.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I will say, though, and it's difficult to tell without actually looking at my stats and really jumping into the data, but I feel like I've been more successful, and seen more success generally with Xul, before the patch. Which seems strange, because I think he's in a much better place. But I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I only ever played him before when he was situationally very powerful with regard to dual-soaking, like on Blackheart's Bay, or Sky Temple. And now, because he's generally regarded as being "super op", there's a tendency to try and fit him into every game and every comp. I don't know if that's the best approach.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I think Dibby's build is fun, because skellies! I don't think it's traditional per se.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I wish one of the W talents reduced mana costs. W build Xul burns through mana like fucking crazy and has to forgo all mana reduction/regain talents.

• Options
    Yeah that's the other reason I tend not to play it.

Also, I just had a look at Icy Veins' guide to Xul and it specifically states that you should never take Trag'oul's Essence, ever. Literally "this talent should not be picked in any scenario", which is the latest in a long line of reasons why Icy Veins is a resource that should never be trusted.

• Options
    This fuckin' idiot Genji in this game Ducks and I are in takes fucking Dragonblade (the win-more Ult that's NEVER good unless it goes 100% uncounterable which SURPRISE) and literally just stomps us all fucking game cause our comp is some dumb shit like Vikings/Deathwing/Imperius/Nova/Ana and the enemy team has a real-ass comp and he just

fucking

b-steps us

all fucking game

while they're coring

just b-step b-step b-step

like you're so cute dude you're so fucking cute with that like you completely and utterly stomped us and now you're pulling your dick out and waving it around for everyone to see. yes genji we all see your tiny dong, it's very nice, thank you.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    This thread gets more posts than the League of Legends thread. This game isn't dead.

Wait, what? How is that even possible? I guess gaming popularity doesn’t convert to thread traffic.

Well, yeah. The Fortnite thread here has had like four posts since December 2018.

yeah something to recall is that the penny-arcade forums is a very specific group of self-selected people that does not translate to a representative sample of gaming communities at all

for example, the fact that any of us even know what penny-arcade, a comic that is 22 years old, is

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Genji living rent free.
    I'd be mad too.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Wait, what? How is that even possible? I guess gaming popularity doesn’t convert to thread traffic.

Well, yeah. The Fortnite thread here has had like four posts since December 2018.

yeah something to recall is that the penny-arcade forums is a very specific group of self-selected people that does not translate to a representative sample of gaming communities at all

for example, the fact that any of us even know what penny-arcade, a comic that is 22 years old, is

Honestly, given the popularity of the Penny Arcade Expos and assorted game announcements that take place there, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people here in this forum who don't know about the comic.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    No the only reason it's dumb is because there's no way we win that match, ever, regardless of player skill involved. Our team was --

Lost Vikings
    Imperius
    Deathwing
    Ana
    Nova

We literally got completely fucked by QM, and that's all there is to it. How does that comp fight into anything? It doesn't. It can't.

Enemy team was like

Genji
    Abathur
    Whitemane
    Leoric
    Xul

(I think Xul was the last one, anyway; can't recall exactly, but the rest of the lineups are 100% correct).

Genji / Abathur deletes any Viking that dares show up to a teamfight, and then he just starts resetting and popping off. I cannot, under any reliable circumstance, peel fucking Genji off of Ana, either. Leoric, likewise, can just spooky-walk up to Ana, put her in an Entomb, and his team blows her up. There's literally zero counterplay possible in that scenario, given the comps. Honestly, I don't give a fuck if you wanna b-step if you're clowning all over people --I really don't-- but if you're gonna b-step when all you fucking did was win an RNG roll, that's fucking dumb.

Also we almost won that match. Which makes the b-stepping that much more fucking stupid.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Also we almost won that match. Which makes the b-stepping that much more fucking stupid.
    Sounds like the matchmaker did a good job then! :P

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    wait what comic

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    h2f12y7zunp8.jpg

DID SOMEONE ASK FOR A MIRACLE?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    NOW the game's dead

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Special thanks to @kime for making a smurf account specifically to help me climb. I can now play with up to Plats in ranked.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Special thanks to kime for making a smurf account specifically to help me climb. I can now play with up to Plats in ranked.

i did tell you it was about gaming the system, no?

congrats!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    No the only reason it's dumb is because there's no way we win that match, ever, regardless of player skill involved. Our team was --

Lost Vikings
    Imperius
    Deathwing
    Ana
    Nova

We literally got completely fucked by QM, and that's all there is to it. How does that comp fight into anything? It doesn't. It can't.

Enemy team was like

Genji
    Abathur
    Whitemane
    Leoric
    Xul

(I think Xul was the last one, anyway; can't recall exactly, but the rest of the lineups are 100% correct).

Genji / Abathur deletes any Viking that dares show up to a teamfight, and then he just starts resetting and popping off. I cannot, under any reliable circumstance, peel fucking Genji off of Ana, either. Leoric, likewise, can just spooky-walk up to Ana, put her in an Entomb, and his team blows her up. There's literally zero counterplay possible in that scenario, given the comps. Honestly, I don't give a fuck if you wanna b-step if you're clowning all over people --I really don't-- but if you're gonna b-step when all you fucking did was win an RNG roll, that's fucking dumb.

Yeeeeeah it was exactly those comps.

Like, I had to sit in Worldbreaker form a good deal simply because we needed some amount of CC (and I'd get scooped if I entered melee in Destroyer). And for a while it was working... we'd be able to blow up the Xul or Whitemane or Leoric.... But not that Genji. He'd zip right past us, pop Dragonblade, make mincemeat of Ana/Nova/Vikes. I can't fucking CC him, that's like trying to CC a Tracer.

We were doing okay up to a point but then 10s happened and we got hosed. Entomb Dragonblade eat shit. Team also just played like ass though, Nova constantly off on her own getting popped, Ana did next to no healing (26k??) but it was an inevitable defeat anyway.

Maybe the Xul was a Raynor instead I don't remember but it don't matter.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I think you're right, actually; it might have been a Raynor and not a Xul. To be honest about the Ana, I know she had low healing overall, but I was her only real viable target as Imperius. She CAN'T heal Deathwing, Nova is a flanker who is never in a position to get heals, and the Vikes just aren't there.

• Options
    I mean she also took Nano instead of Horus

Might've not mattered in the end, but it would've provided extra teamfight damage+healing

Ehhhh.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »

That was awesome. Thankfully there was an alt-account Diamond Artanis to carry us. Also, I don’t often take Death Metal, but did it ever get value at the end of the game there. Plus Mosh into Death Mosh is hilarious.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Coming back from 8-24 on towers was def a feat.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    Sounds like the matchmaker did a good job then! :P

7l2610f7tsyu.png

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My xul playguide.

Cage a squishy and dive them, knowing your team is right there with yo....oh.

Oh no, they're fighting the tank. Oh no. You've died.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Did I miss the most recent HeroStorm getting posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtTKst6WK60

Holy shit this was the best one in a while.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    This is good. Fan walks through his macro thought process during a game:
    https://youtu.be/DhqwMbusDbA

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

The League reddit has 25k users active right this second
    The HotS reddit has 1.4k

Make of that information what you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Might've not mattered in the end, but it would've provided extra teamfight damage+healing

Ehhhh.

i'm trying to learn Ana; should i be taking Horus? I took it for granted a reason to be Ana is to enable mages.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

Ehhhh.

i'm trying to learn Ana; should i be taking Horus? I took it for granted a reason to be Ana is to enable mages.

Horus gained baseline piercing a while back and provides some insane burst healing. It is EXTREMELY good.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'm starting to see what first made the game drop off for me.

Feedback during battle is, confusing.

I took 60% of me health as damage. From what? Who knows. What, now I'm healed up to 80%? Oh.

Like the effects are so muted (aside from a few specific ones)

• Options
    They're both situationally very powerful. I like Nano Boost quite a bit when I play Mephisto, for example; if I give Ana a heads up to give me a Nano before I Consume Souls with Malicious Intent, that's a ton of extra spellpower (25% + 30%) that's incredibly easy to coordinate. That combo can win a teamfight all on it's own sometimes, and post-20 when Consume Souls can reset, it can literally win you the match outright.