As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Any benefit in buying a digital download key from Amazon versus buying this from the Nintendo store when my Switch arrives on Tuesday?

Nintendo store purchases get you gold coins for sure, i dont know if other digital purchases do. Gold Coins can be tossed in for a discount on other products, and are at least semi-generous - i've funded a lot of smash dlc just off gold coins i got from buying other games.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »
    I'm in desperate need of a simple wooden fence diy recipe. I'm trying to lay out my villager plots but I need more fences. I'll trade a nook miles ticket or whatever you want for one.

Hey, I actually had that recipe available today on NookStop. You want to shoot me a code and I'll drop it off for you?

That'd be amazing, I'm at work for another 4 and a half hours, I'll send you a message as soon as I get home!

Good deal. Will stsnd by.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Laying down walking paths is some tedious shit.

Clopping along a stone road that cuts perfectly through my town the next day, though, is kind of... wonderful.

I filled in a river, one shovel at a time. My town will be a mess for a week while I earn the bells to move everything but so worth it.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    They're currently trading at 364 per turnip on my island. Going to leave it open for a while as well if anyone wants to sell. 6L5F4

Oranges are plentiful, I've also got a healthy amount of pears and cherries, apples are still growing. Only missing peaches, if anyone cares to drop some off that'd be great.

I was super-excited to find lily seeds at your shop - but no white seeds! Noooes the ONE FLOWER missing from my garden lol

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Ah, thanks for the answers. Didn't know about the coins!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    They're currently trading at 364 per turnip on my island. Going to leave it open for a while as well if anyone wants to sell. 6L5F4

Oranges are plentiful, I've also got a healthy amount of pears and cherries, apples are still growing. Only missing peaches, if anyone cares to drop some off that'd be great.

I was super-excited to find lily seeds at your shop - but no white seeds! Noooes the ONE FLOWER missing from my garden lol

Lillies are my default flower, I can just yank a couple off a plateau for you and replace them next time I do a nook island.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular

It looks like my shop has a bag of white lilly seeds; I can open the island for a bit if you want @Chance

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I put a boot down for less than an hour to free up inventory, and there was a fly on it!

• Options
    twmjr wrote: »

It looks like my shop has a bag of white lilly seeds; I can open the island for a bit if you want @Chance

Hit me wit dat dodo!

Lillies are my default flower, I can just yank a couple off a plateau for you and replace them next time I do a nook island.

I don't think there's any way to get a dug-up flower to another player. Can they be mailed? Anyway it's easier to just have me hit up twmjr's island and buy a couple dozen ^.^

Also thank you for that 380 bell sell price (you're down to 180 now). I smacked Tom Nook's arrogant puss with a bag full of coins.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Any benefit in buying a digital download key from Amazon versus buying this from the Nintendo store when my Switch arrives on Tuesday?

Nintendo store purchases get you gold coins for sure, i dont know if other digital purchases do. Gold Coins can be tossed in for a discount on other products, and are at least semi-generous - i've funded a lot of smash dlc just off gold coins i got from buying other games.

Not only do you get coins still, but you get coins based on the eShop price of what is activated, so if you buy something on Amazon on sale for $20, but it's still $60 on the eShop, you get the full 300 coins.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Hit me wit dat dodo!

I don't think there's any way to get a dug-up flower to another player. Can they be mailed? Anyway it's easier to just have me hit up twmjr's island and buy a couple dozen ^.^

Also thank you for that 380 bell sell price (you're down to 180 now). I smacked Tom Nook's arrogant puss with a bag full of coins.

dodo is 6BN0V !

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Turnip week, just adding this so I don't forget:

Bought: 109
    Mon AM: 120
    Mon PM: 106
    Tue AM: 194
    Tue PM: 198
    Wed AM: 181
    Wed PM: 70
    Thu AM: 66
    Thu PM: 63

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

Hit me wit dat dodo!

dodo is 6BN0V !

>.< server maintenance. I was gonna' shoot right over but real life snuck up and hit me right in the time. I had time.

...but life killed it.

• Options

Hit me wit dat dodo!

dodo is 6BN0V !

>.< server maintenance. I was gonna' shoot right over but real life snuck up and hit me right in the time. I had time.

...but life killed it.

No worries - I'm usually around for the next four hours or so; just @ me if you get time and I can reopen.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So Flick is in my town for the first time. I love her so much more than the old bug loving lizard.

Also, two days in and I'm already tired of fishing eggs out of the ocean. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Turnips were selling at 534 last night on my island. I didn't buy any on Sunday due to being unaware of the whole turnip thing. I have chosen... poorly.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I haven’t fully explored how this works yet but this seems like the way to go for organizing big turnip days:
    https://turnip.exchange/

Open gates (dodo code I assume), make a host island on the site, it gives you a Turnip Code.
    Post turnip code
    Other users queue using turnip code on the site, when their turn is up, they get the dodo code to get into the island.

Would be willing to give this a shot next time someone’s got some hella turnip prices.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Well i just learned that the servers are down. Also that the wand locks the clothing you put into it. And my turnips are down to 98.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Oh that reminds me. Sorry, I've been distracted.

@Chance thanks for that gift!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I have to demolish 2 bridges and move 5 buildings to realize my ideal layout. Worth. It.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, I can't imagine what I am going to have to move and $$$ to get my island how I might want. I don't have a full plan really. I saw someone on here have a dungeon crawling layout which looked neat. I want my house to be on a hill to reflect Steven Universe. Not sure what else I want to do. Have an actual downtown area with nice pathways and stuff. A boardwalk/arcade.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Yea, I can't imagine what I am going to have to move and $$$ to get my island how I might want. I don't have a full plan really. I saw someone on here have a dungeon crawling layout which looked neat. I want my house to be on a hill to reflect Steven Universe. Not sure what else I want to do. Have an actual downtown area with nice pathways and stuff. A boardwalk/arcade.

I'm currently constructing my residential area with a lovely tree-lined boulevard down the middle. I may put a pond there for easy fishing, I need to get my houses moved though.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm honestly just shoving crap wherever until i unlock terraforming - My island layout is pretty ehhh (I mostly picked it because it had decent river mouths and a good starting area to roam around in).

So until i get terraforming, everyone's crowded into one chunk of the island and and i dont give a crap. Once i get terraforming, whoooboy is there going to be a lot of work going on. Current plans are to have my house on a big hill at the back of the isladn with a lake/pair of waterfalls leading down from it, spread the villagers out in little hubs of three, connect everything with paths, have the museum/shops by the entry to the island... lots to do.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Isle12358W is open, Saharah is here. I'm probably just gonna AFK in the airport as I'm working right now.

Turnips are only 78 bells, unfortunately, but I've got pop-up toasters in Nook's Cranny, as well as spiderweb patterned umbrellas.

FB0B6

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Interesting info I just found in a GameFAQs post about item durability: shovels do not break when hitting rocks, as long as the rock is dropping items or money.
    Just tried experimenting with this myself.
    I crafted a flimsy shovel and used it to dig up items 39 times (-39 durability).
    I made sure it was about to break by saving, digging up another item, seeing it break, then closing the game without saving.
    Then went back in, and could hit all 6 rocks in my town 8 times each and it still didn't break.
    It seems like if the rock pays out, the hit will not break the shovel.
    But the first hit that doesn't pay out does break the shovel.

Hitting rocks DOES make it lose durability, it just won't break during a combo.

Nice feature so people wouldn't rage when the shovel breaks halfway through a money rock or something.

EDIT: Also, during local co-op, other players' tools will never break. They lose durability as normal, but won't break until player 1 takes them and uses them.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Are leaf eggs actually in trees when you shake them or do you have to hope you get them each day/island?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Are leaf eggs actually in trees when you shake them or do you have to hope you get them each day/island?

I’ve only seen them hanging like fruit.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

I’ve only seen them hanging like fruit.

Glad I asked. I've shaken every tree in my town today and yesterday and didn't find one. So I was worried I was horribly unlucky.

• Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Anyone still have turnips they need to unload? PM prices for Islé Froggs is 554 and we are now open for visitors!

I don't know if it's better to just open up in general or use Dodo Codes, but the gates are open to all friends, and last I looked I had invited everyone on the spreadsheet!

Edit: I also have a swap shop open in the front so if you feel like bringing a few things in case something catches your eye, feel free! I'd particularly love some apples.... ;~)

Mathew Burrack on
    "Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Food for thought: Somewhere out there, there's probably someone who is playing New Horizons and New Leaf at the same time.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My Mabel store has

-full bodysuits (think green man suit but not mask/head piece. Colors would match the poo heads)
    -black and white shirts with a camera accessory around the neck (Peter Parker cosplay?)
    -newsboy caps like kicks
    -fishing vests
    -cyber shades (Cyclops looking visors)
    -masquerade masks

Let me know if anyone wants anything, I can open up

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Wait....the island tune can't do sharp/flat modifiers? Yikes.

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Anyone still have turnips they need to unload? PM prices for Islé Froggs is 554 and we are now open for visitors!

I don't know if it's better to just open up in general or use Dodo Codes, but the gates are open to all friends, and last I looked I had invited everyone on the spreadsheet!

Edit: I also have a swap shop open in the front so if you feel like bringing a few things in case something catches your eye, feel free! I'd particularly love some apples.... ;~)

Could you add me pretty please? I've just added myself to the sheet: 1977-7629-6569.

EDIT: I've added you - I have apples.

EDIT2: thank you so much. Your island looks great.

Cullen on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Gates to magical island are open to friends. Turn up price is nothing to write home about, but we’ve got a nice big item swap set up and Sahara is here

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Cullen wrote: »

Could you add me pretty please? I've just added myself to the sheet: 1977-7629-6569.

EDIT: I've added you - I have apples.

EDIT2: thank you so much. Your island looks great.

Thanks for visiting, and for the apples!! yay!

Also, C.J. is here in case anybody cares? lol

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I got plans for a cool wheelbarrow full of flowers but I need 3 red cosmos and 3 yellow roses. Anyone have a lead on those? Could I come over and buy some flowers?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    My Mabel store has

-full bodysuits (think green man suit but not mask/head piece. Colors would match the poo heads)
    -black and white shirts with a camera accessory around the neck (Peter Parker cosplay?)
    -newsboy caps like kicks
    -fishing vests
    -masquerade masks

That's all something I'm interested in.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    So Celia is going around with purple swirls saying "I thought I was being considerate" and "I just can't let this go." I haven't been abusing her and her house is accessible... any clue what I can do here?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    I got plans for a cool wheelbarrow full of flowers but I need 3 red cosmos and 3 yellow roses. Anyone have a lead on those? Could I come over and buy some flowers?

@UncleSporky I have those growing in my town. Since I'm not going to be worrying anout watering during terraforming week you can come pick then if you only need blooms. Cosmos in town square, roses on my top cliff. I'm about to drop off a recipe then I'll be back home and open the gates.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    My Mabel store has

-newsboy caps like kicks
    -fishing vests
    -masquerade masks

That's all something I'm interested in.

Ok, I'm gonna open up for a couple hours. I'll be afk, but I turned off sleep mode so should be good

Code is FX1VG

Local H Jay on
This discussion has been closed.