As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaGame] Aegon's Conquest - A Throne of Dragon Skulls (Targaryen and Night's Watch Win)

• Options
    BoomthorkellBoomthorkell Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I've had a Raven report back to me from the Maesters at "Ancestry.com", and within 2-3 I should know how fit I am to be a dragonrider!

I'll be sorely disappointed if I have more ancestors in an 8-generation period than Charles II of Spain, the Hexed.

Boomthorkell on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What's a Spain?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's what you get from riding dragons without a saddle.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    ooc: Hey all, while we have this break I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone involved in this game. I didn't really know what this was when I signed up but it turned out to be exactly what I would need as this whole real world stuff kept hitting.

I can't express how great it is to, even for a few moments each day, take on the calm controlled guise of Lord Stark, while everything else going on is the opposite. I live alone and have been on social isolation for over three weeks now (I had to look that up as the days are all blurring together now) so this escapism is very much appreciated.

Getting up and seeing all the changes to the board, thinking and strategizing with the other Starks while trying to find arrangements with the other Lords are some of the highlights off this week for me. So to @Matev and @AustinP0027 thank you for running this incredibly complex game, I can only imagine how difficult it all is. Thank you to @facetious , @Wildcat, @docrimbo for putting up with my walls of text (and bop me on the head of I start to quarter back too much). Thank you to all the Lords I have worked with or schemed against and everyone else in this game for making it a joy to read through.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Allanon KisigarAllanon Kisigar Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    It's what you get from riding dragons without a saddle.

Funny, that's not what I got last time I tried that. ;)

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Well, if my Heir develops an unfortunate case of scale, I at least know who to clap in irons.

discrider on
  • Options
    @Bluecyan

Truly, it's been wild, both here and there.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Turn 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpuQSpIo8E

Map

Season: Summer

Turn Order:

Durrandon
    Targaryen
    Arryn
    Stark
    Hoare
    Lannister
    Gardner
    Martell

Standings:

Stark: 14
    Arryn: 11
    Gardner: 11
    Lannister: 10
    Martell: 10 (1 Secret)
    Targaryen: 9
    Hoare: 5 (1 Secret)
    Durrandon: 5 (2 Secrets, 1 Relic)

Reports from the front

Movement/Musters

Hoare
    Hoare Army in The Trident moves to West Vale
    Hoare Army in Red Fork moves to The Trident

Stark
    Stark army in Cape Kraken marches to The Neck
    Stark army in Sea Dragon Point marches to Stony Shore
    Stark army in The Neck marches to Cape Kraken

Arryn
    Arryn musters a new army at Mountains of the Moon.
    Arryn army in Mountains of the Moon marches to West Vale.
    Arryn army in Gulltown moves to Cracklaw Point
    Arryn army in Gulltown moves to Saltpans

Targaryen
    Targaryen musters a new army in Duskendale
    Targaryen army in Kingswood marches into Maidenpool.
    Targaryen army in Blackwater Bay marches into Cracklaw Point.
    Targaryen army in Duskendale marches into Cracklaw Point.
    Targaryen army in Maidenpool marches into Saltpens.

Durrandon
    Durrandon army in Shipbreaker Bay moves to Tarth
    Durrandon army in Summerhall moves to Shipbreaker Bay
    Durrandon army in Ashford moves to Blackhaven

Martell
    Martell Army in Godsgrace marches to Wyl
    Martell army in Blackhaven marches to Summerhall

Gardner
    Gardner musters a new army in The Mander
    Gardner army in Dornish Marches marches to Ashford
    Gardner army in Old Oak marches to Crakehall
    Gardner army in The Mander marches to Cider Hill

Lannister

Actions

Out of Order Actions
    Martell Heir leads the army in Wyl in opposing the Durrandon army in Blackhaven
    Gardner Heir leads the army in Ashford in opposing the Durrandon army in Blackhaven

Hoare
    Hoare army in Iron Islands opposes the Stark army in Cape Kraken
    Hoare army in The Trident opposes the Arryn army in Greenfork
    Hoare army in West Vale gives battle to the Arryn army there. It's a Pyrrhic victory and both armies must retreat.
    Hoare Heir rallies the army in The Trident to give support to the Targaryen army in Maidenpool

Stark
    Stark army in Stony Shore raids the land.
    Stark army in Cape Kraken supports the army in Stony Shore.
    Heir rallies the Stony Shore army to attempt to conquer the raided land. Stark has successfully conquered Stony Shore.

Arryn
    Arryn army in Cracklaw Point supports army in Saltpans
    Arryn army in Saltpans supports army in Cracklaw Point

Targaryen
    Targaryen army in Maidenpool supports the army in Saltpans.
    Targaryen army in Salt Pans gives battle to the Arryn forces there. It's a Pyrrhic victory and both armies must retreat.
    Heir rallies ones of the armies in Cracklaw to support the other army.
    Targaryen army in Cracklaw Point positions itself to Cut Off the Arryn forces.
    Targaryen army in Cracklaw Point gives battle to the Arryn army there. It's a Pyrrhic victory and both armies must retreat. Because the Arryn army had been cut off, they are disbanded.

Durrandon
    Durrandon army in Blackhaven opposes Martell army in Summerhall.
    Durrandon army in Shipbreaker Bay opposes Martell army in Mistwood
    Durrandon army in Tarth opposes Martell army in Greenstone
    Durrandon Heir rallies the army in Blackhaven to oppose the Martell army in Wyl

Martell
    Martell army in Wyl supports the Gardner army in Ashford
    Martell army in Summerhall raids the land
    Martell army in Mistwood supports the army in Greenstone
    Martell army in Greenstone attempts to conquer the land. The smallfolk who live here deliver the required harvest, but dream of rebellion from the temporary masters. Temporary control has been taken for the next round.

Gardner
    Gardner army in Cider Hill supports the army in Ashford
    Gardner army in Golden Grove supports the army in Crakehall.
    Gardner army in Crakehall gives Battle to the Lannister forces there. They are victorious and the Lannister army is forced to retreat.

Lannister

The Dragon had been roused, and they were incensed. Amassing a force to retake Cracklaw Point. They captured every Arryn supporter they could find and staked them out on the shore, food for the crabs, the gulls, and the lashing of elements.

"I believe their lord had mentioned them wanting to enjoy the sea breeze. Let us see how they enjoy it with Targaryen hospitality." - Aegon the Diligent.

House Hoare came in like the first thaw of winter, streaming into the Vale to sack and pillage, but Winter had seemingly slowed their march, and they were turned back by the fighters of the Vale before too much damage could be done. In the meantime, the Starks continued their grim task of ejecting the Ironmen from the North, heedless of the dance of seasons. Ravens were dispatched from unknown sources, claiming the Hoare banners were hungry for plunder, and could be bought to turn on their own captains for booty like the honorless freebooters everyone believed them to be.

Curious was the silence of Casterly Rock. Many wondered if a curse had befallen the Lannisters, yet other whispers pervaded that they were taking to sorcery. The Gardners cared not for the superstitions of smallfolk and set back to claiming land from the Lions.

Martell's surprise attack had put Durrandon on the back foot, but the Storm Lords made sure the snakes would pay dearly for every inch of land. Rumors of their heir outsmarting a band of assassins in the Vale bolstered their flagging forces, but not enough to cease the assault on the Stormlands.

Hoare armies may be opposed by paying Gold to House Hoare, regardless of Heir Status

Round 5 begins now, PMs are going out! Let us know if you have any questions regarding the turn. Round ends in 21 hours! (8pm PDT/ 11 EDT) Kill. Fight. Win.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    That Martell army should not be in our grain fields

• Options
    Or at least, the wheat is fine.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Alliances
    Lannister - Hoare
    Gardner - Arryn, Martell
    Martell - Gardner, Stark
    Durrandon - Arryn, Targaryen
    Targaryen - Durrandon, Hoare
    Arryn - Durrandon, Gardner, Stark
    Stark - Arryn, Martell
    Hoare - Lannister, Targaryen

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    (Either the Arryn are missing a Martell alliance, or the Martell's have an extra Arryn Alliance. Unless I am missing something)

To Lord Arryn, I know you said this was an open relationship, but four partners at the same time is a bit much don't you think?

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Fixed. I knew something was amiss, but I couldn't wrap my head around it cause I've staring at the names and orders for like 3 hours now.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    My Lord, please do not judge anyone's proclivities.

... I told you I intended to use my beauty to ally every House together. How did you think I planned to achieve that?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    balrog1911balrog1911 Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    To Lord Arryn, I know you said this was an open relationship, but four partners at the same time is a bit much don't you think?

What happens in the Eyrie stays in the Eyrie, my friend.

• Options
    In this time, it is rare to find one who speaks bluntly and directly. We understand that all politics needs to be couched in words which are, shall we say, a little vague. That is the very nature of things.

However, we of the Vale have an announcement to all, and we hope you will consider its importance.
    *ahem*
    FUCK THE TARGARYENS, THOSE FAITHLESS AND TRAITOROUS WHORESONS, WHO EXPLICITLY AGREED TO A TRUCE AND THEN BROKE THEIR WORD.
    WE WILL HAVE REVENGE FOR OUR FALLEN, AND A PRICE PAID. YOU WILL SUFFER FOR WHAT YOU DID, AND YOU WILL SUFFER GREATLY.

GO BACK ACROSS THE SEA, YOU INCESTUOUS BASTARDS, AND FIND SOME SWINE TO LAY WITH. THEY'LL BE JUST AS WARM AND EVEN NICER TO LOOK AT.

Thank you for your attention.

• Options
    chanvreriechanvrerie Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    *heavy sigh*

I really don't know why we expected any better from a bunch of dragon-fucking bastards who don't even know the meaning of the word 'honor', but let this be a lesson to all of the rightful lords of Westeros: the invaders couldn't keep their homeland, or their stolen stronghold, or any wife that isn't related to them, and now they have proven they cannot even keep their word. Remember this, my lords, and act accordingly when they come to you seeking your favor, lest you in your turn find yourself dining on ashes.

chanvrerie on
  • Options
    Yeah, nah, our fields are unsacked and the hosts can stop feeding people unreliable information

• Options
    Can we actually lose, why did I feel obliged to sign-up, and I quit.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    OOC: I was going to post this earlier, but didn't want to end up double-posting. Yet it seems only appropriate to do it now.

To follow up on what @Bluecyan typed earlier: I am really enjoying this. I love the scheming, and checking the turn reports is my equivalent of checking the morning news now. Whatever is said in character, know that I'm really appreciative of everyone I've talked to, and obviously the GMs for setting all this up and running it without somehow melting their brains. Whether you've been a friendly ally, a cautious observer, or a traitorous backstabber to House Arryn, doesn't matter. If we go down in flames, doesn't matter. This is a blast.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    See, you need more players like that, and less players like me.
    I'm sorry for joining because you seemed to need players

discrider on
  • Options
    Discrider, if I may make a suggestion? Wait for the GMs to wake up, look things over, and see if there's an explanation for the confusion.

• Options
    The explanation is 'rules is rules, but only at turn end'

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Ooc: @discrider , Looking over the rules, I don't believe a house can be defeated. A house with no army will automatically field one in their houses seat of power (regardless if the own it or not).
    Edit:Obvs, this is my reading as a player only

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    That's why I asked.
    Cause that seems awful.
    And probably due to the game length only being 8-9 rounds normally, instead of 25.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    A House cannot be destroyed.

If all armies are defeated, an army can be built for free in your House seat, regardless of who owns it. Your first army never costs resources.

Also remember that only additional armies need resources. Maester and Heir actions don't.

There is still plenty of damage a House could do to others even if they can't easily take over territory.

Matev and I try to keep track of what Houses are trying to do to provide feedback when we see a misinterpretation of rules but we aren't always able to keep up with all the messages. If you are concerned about your plans, please make sure to get our attention prior to order close and we'll be happy to let you know if you have any invalid moves.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    ma1pzl7a6nje.gif

• Options
    edited April 2020

For any observers, We're looking for replacements!

Are you looking to unleash chaos and stab folks in the back across Westeros?

Reach out today!

Current players, tell your friends!

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Petyr Baelish was a man who only wanted love.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    balrog1911 wrote: »
    In this time, it is rare to find one who speaks bluntly and directly. We understand that all politics needs to be couched in words which are, shall we say, a little vague. That is the very nature of things.

However, we of the Vale have an announcement to all, and we hope you will consider its importance.
    *ahem*
    FUCK THE TARGARYENS, THOSE FAITHLESS AND TRAITOROUS WHORESONS, WHO EXPLICITLY AGREED TO A TRUCE AND THEN BROKE THEIR WORD.
    WE WILL HAVE REVENGE FOR OUR FALLEN, AND A PRICE PAID. YOU WILL SUFFER FOR WHAT YOU DID, AND YOU WILL SUFFER GREATLY.

GO BACK ACROSS THE SEA, YOU INCESTUOUS BASTARDS, AND FIND SOME SWINE TO LAY WITH. THEY'LL BE JUST AS WARM AND EVEN NICER TO LOOK AT.

Oh no the lords of The Vale are posturing again, what ever will we do?!
    House Hoare finds it fitting you found a knife in your back to match the one you left in ours. The affect of your double dealing has rippled through the Kingdom and is no longer a secret.

We of House Hoare have always found your high towers to have quite the lovely view, what a great vantage point to Look to the waves!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpetK7aGGjo

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    balrog1911 wrote: »

*ahem*

YEAH! Take that @Zombie Hero - you and your dragons. I will never mate with you!

.... wait a min ...

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    As events continue to heat up, House Hoare has a simple message for the gluttonous northern lords who lead with all the class of a Dothraki warlord.
    tenor.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Reach out today!

How many replacements?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Reach out today!

How many replacements?

1 for sure, possibly 2, depending on what I hear back from the Lannisters.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Definitely 1, possibly 2 or 3 (still confirming).

• Options
    Star trades 2 lumber to house Arryn for 1 grain and 1 cattle.
    Stark trades 2 lumber and 1 iron with House Martel for one card
    Stark provides 2 iron to The Lord Commander at the wall.
    Stark provides eight belated birthday gifts for the eight wonderful Floosevelt daughters

e7xfp7k36zb2.jpg

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    As events continue to heat up, House Hoare has a simple message for the gluttonous northern lords who lead with all the class of a Dothraki warlord.
    tenor.gif

Yes, my knights have heard your insults hurled across the waves for the past few seasons, and you see what good that has done. I can assure you after copious research that Ser Wildcat has no hamster in his geneology and is only 1/64 elderberry bush if you were to believe some of the family legends. I would ask that you better research your facts in the future.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    House Hoare is currently preparing gifts for the eight wonderful Floosevelt daughters.

They're rods...? You can do a variety of things with them! Pretend they're swords, roll out dough, massage each other...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    House Hoare is currently preparing gifts for the eight wonderful Floosevelt daughters.

They're rods...? You can do a variety of things with them! Pretend they're swords, roll out dough, massage each other...

(⚆_⚆)