As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Update: I guess I own a bunch of WoK stuff now

Saw yhee as t deal got the starter box forGoritsi and Nasither or what ever along with the 2 player starter box and a couple extra boxes of specials. Won’t ever play the d gd smdd Ed but hot damn are the miniaturexx sax sexy.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »

Saw yhee as t deal got the starter box forGoritsi and Nasither or what ever along with the 2 player starter box and a couple extra boxes of specials. Won’t ever play the d gd smdd Ed but hot damn are the miniaturexx sax sexy.

Are you ok? Are you having a stroke?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

Typing one-handed would explain it… :winky:

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options

I’m alll, right. ....translation , saw the deal and spent more money than I should of.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    My greatest Wrath of Kings regret is not getting the Gotha Knights box when I had the chance.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    My greatest Wrath of Kings regret is not getting the Gotha Knights box when I had the chance.
    60f2644c-0081-4738-9da4-22e5a3ca18d8_1.b446002477a4d950748f561596dd11bc.jpeg
    They look good, why were they not featured in the House Goritsi section on the official site? I mean, it'd be nice if they had more than three models, but they look better than a bunch of the other stuff in the faction showcase pages.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Those guys really need some bigger bases.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    They'd make great Worgen stand-ins for a Warcraft tabletop game. All you'd need to do is clip the tails off.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    snip
    They look good, why were they not featured in the House Goritsi section on the official site? I mean, it'd be nice if they had more than three models, but they look better than a bunch of the other stuff in the faction showcase pages.

I think it's because either they were second-wave models, or they're completely sold out everywhere because they look dope. And really, they only have 3 models because of the way army building works in WoK, you're not gonna be taking loads of them. You'll probably only take 3, and that's if you don't want to bring any of the vampires along.

I think my Team Jacob lists only included 3, and they were for defending backfield objectives while the faster wolves ran or flew around up front and murdered damn near everything that weren't @Dr_Keenbean's fucking unkillable Pigmen.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Due to CMON's supply chain issues at the time, Gotha Knights didn't actually release until the game was effectively dead. By that point CMON had decided their business model was going entirely to kickstarter boardgames and Song of Ice & Fire. The lead designer of WoK got shifted to that and the last few people willing to evangelize the mini wargames (WoK & Dark Age) left the company.

It was a really frustrating time because they had no issue dragging these amazing displays to cons that peddling these games that were already dead internally just to clear out stock.

Fair warning to those of you picking this stuff up, they are cast in a dogshit material. It's like the worst of the worst PVC. You have been warned.

Also 2 years ago I made a set of status/objective tokens: PDF
    And here's a scan of the con-exclusive promo leader variant cards I made: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75518&d=1567813220

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm still pissed at them for killing off Dark Age just as I got interested in it.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So it's plastic... But really shitty cheap plastic?

What does GW use for their plastics?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So it's plastic... But really shitty cheap plastic?

What does GW use for their plastics?

By the way they're pricing them, I assume they are made from unicorn tears and first-pressing Beatles vinyls.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    GW uses polystyrene. Most other "plastic" minis and boardgame pieces are PVC. PVC is a plastic/resin composite that is much softer (and bendy), can't really hold detail, doesn't bond with plastic cement, and is a monumental pain in the dick to remove mold lines from. It's also waaaaay cheaper to produce the molds which is why it was so common for so long.

Thankfully most bigger mini makers have wised up and are phasing it out: notably P3 are doing their minis in only resin & metal and FFG are doing only polystyrene moving forward.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel this is the best way to explain Warcry to most people
    astihdlg6gft.png

• Options
    So an entire army of gargantua? Holy crap so new giant models inc with maybe some smaller lesser giants that are still bigger than an ogre?

• Options
    Could be the imperial Knights army of AoS. And that started with a single kit and now has 3.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_q9LQYlvQ0

Well since my brother wanted Eltharion and the army book so this I feel is worth it as if he likes the army then it's a good start

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    So an entire army of gargantua? Holy crap so new giant models inc with maybe some smaller lesser giants that are still bigger than an ogre?

It looks from the teaser that there's at minimum three new giant type, and I would suspect a named character of some sort to show up as well (Probably King Brodd as he's been mentioned a few times in the past.) So maybe 2-3 new kits if they're dual kits? I suspect the current Aleguzzler model will serve as the 'lesser giant' for the force.

• Options
    Some new lumineth artwork on warcom today.

Also confirms that the teclis piece is by Paul Dainton. Dude is just the best at elves.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Some new lumineth artwork on warcom today.

Also confirms that the teclis piece is by Paul Dainton. Dude is just the best at elves.

gbjcsvevdtj6.png
    Apparently the veiled face's name is Scinari Cathallar.

• Options
    s0zjbxcnp12y.png
    An article about the land of Hysh with a werid fact about the realm lords
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/08/lumineth-realm-lords-exploring-hyshgw-homepage-post-1/

• Options
    edited April 2020
    There are many problems in the world. But I know one thing that is still pure and good: Sweet, sweet candy!

d9gha6mixww7.jpg
    eaobpb9inkjy.gif

Edit: Bonus: Mogor the Ogor
    g8bg6ppeyhyn.jpg
    (Named after a WoW character.)

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Cross post!
    Another leader down.
    vl5gfq3gex7p.jpeg
    gpsvh6dfmu8j.jpeg
    2ro0wdspmk66.jpeg
    y1s4o284cfuy.jpeg
    dn1vbf9er9cn.jpeg
    t5f06q58gr6z.jpeg

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've optimized my Mortek Guard for a Social Distancing build.

4qg8yv6bs453.png

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Remember to keep at least 2" away from anyone not in your immediate squad…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ah yes, mortek guard. The unit I see and always wish that chaos warriors could be (mostly the petrifex variety).

However I feel like pretty much every factions battleline wishes this

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I think I much prefer the place Chaos Warriors are in over Mortek Guard, having a factions battleline also be the best unit in the book only limits the types of lists you're going to see (Though granted part of that is the comparably few warscrolls available to OBR armies as opposed to S2D armies!)
    Chaos Warriors could perhaps drop 10 points or so, but they're perfectly viable just off the warscroll, and can eat up any number of buffs to make them properly dangerous if you want to build around them. Whereas Mortek Guard are quite tricky to fix as they're already quite expensive for basic battleline, and boosting the cost runs the risk of competitive players just doubling down on guard over other options.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I agree I think the scroll for chaos warriors is a little overpriced at 20 points a model but at the same time a stack of 15-20 can take multiple turns of fire before going down thanks to rerolling saves and such. And they get a lot out of the buffs.I do like them because of that.

Being stuck at home not being able to play kind of sucks. I was just getting back in AoS with my S2D. And I really wanted them to release the new kits solo. Especially knights. I want more knights.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I won't deny that chaos warriors can be quite tanky but holy shit they hit like a wet noodle (a problem they kinda share with liberators).

At 20 pts a model you get two attacks 3/3/-/1 (unless you take a halberd or great sword but you really shouldn't) a 4+ save that's only rerollable if you have 10+ models and 2 wounds. You do also get the 5+ against mortal wounds which is probably their biggest strength but if any rend starts coming your way my experience is they start dropping fast.

A lot of other battle lines get more attacks per model at less pts per model. This would probably not be as big a deal if a lot of other S2D units that weren't marauders had some decent offensive power (for their cost).

Also I'm still salty that my precious Gorebeast chariot is 150 pts now. A 50% point increase for very minor buffs and a nerf. What the fuck?

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I won't deny that chaos warriors can be quite tanky but holy shit they hit like a wet noodle (a problem they kinda share with liberators).

At 20 pts a model you get two attacks 3/3/-/1 (unless you take a halberd or great sword but you really shouldn't) a 4+ save that's only rerollable if you have 10+ models and 2 wounds. You do also get the 5+ against mortal wounds which is probably their biggest strength but if any rend starts coming your way my experience is they start dropping fast.

A lot of other battle lines get more attacks per model at less pts per model. This would probably not be as big a deal if a lot of other S2D units that weren't marauders had some decent offensive power (for their cost).

Also I'm still salty that my precious Gorebeast chariot is 150 pts now. A 50% point increase for very minor buffs and a nerf. What the fuck?

The chariots are terrible. Well the normal one is. Its more a stalling unit it feels. Though really the damage dealers are knights and characters I have found. Like knights on a good charge will rip a hole through most things. And even the lance drawbacks can easily be overcome with basic buffs in the army.

Though I tend to look at the unit with a character following them around. The auras are damn good and can help a lot.

I do wish for big scary chaos boys they hit a bit harder. Or hard at all.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The knights are alright but lances feel hit or miss. You get the buffs off and the charge and your enemy melts!
    Or you get charged and wonder why you ever bothered with them. Losing and attack, rend and -1 to wound when not charging feels soooooo bad.

Also if you think the normal chariot is bad don't look at the Gorebeast (also they nerfed both chariots by only giving them the champion bonus when they have 2+ models in the unit).

This is more of a personal thing but I also wish the mark of Tzeentch wasn't complete trash. Holy shit who though that one through? Especially the unique general bonus when compared to the other 3 gods.

• Options
    Chaos chariot is alright, a big, cheap base to gum up the board, just run them in singles and charge as often as possible to splash mortal wounds around. The gorebeast chariot certainly does not compare favourably, I'd just run them as chaos chariots for the time being.

I dunno, I generally think the Slaves book is pretty good, it's got strong options in there and a fair amount of variety even before you start adding in god-marked units from other books. The Mark of Tzeentch is a real miss though, for sure, definitely the least useful of the marks, but Tzeentch is lame, so whatever. (I kid, I kid.)

• Options
    Yeah I would Tzeentch is the weakest but at the same time if you are playing Tzeentch Arcanites/Daemons specifically it is a super powerful faction. Win some, lose some.

But at the same time Khorne is fantastic. One of the last games I played was verse Kharadon so I went nurgle and the -1 to hit gave me a shot. My list isn't great verse boats but the -1 to hit on ranged weapons helped a lot. I haven't tried out Slaanesh yet but I want to. Their ability seems pretty good. Undivided seems meh to me as well though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Khorne definitely seems to be the best option to my eye, but Nurgle is certainly good too. Slaanesh kinda just makes you a second-rate Hedonties I think, but if you want to run mortal-focused Slaanesh it's far from terrible. Undivided is interesting if you pair it with a Warshrine to stack up after-saves for a real tarpit, but other than that, yeah, a bit of a weaker option.

• Options
    Undivided is useful for running huge blobs of marauders and such. Ignoring battleshock on a 30 man squad is great. I think it works fine with the ravagers when you can basically make your entire army immune to a phase.

I think nurgle is really great for a lot of attacks. They do all have their pluses. Even Tzeentch.

Ugh man I wish I could play right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Undivided for sure has its uses in those maurader stacks no doubt. Ignoring all battleshock has its uses

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Undivided is useful for running huge blobs of marauders and such. Ignoring battleshock on a 30 man squad is great. I think it works fine with the ravagers when you can basically make your entire army immune to a phase.

I think nurgle is really great for a lot of attacks. They do all have their pluses. Even Tzeentch.

Ugh man I wish I could play right now.

I wish I could get a single chance to play. My ogors have never seen the field. Three times I've tried the local club, and three times they've failed me.

(Tourney cancelled due to no signups, open day/demo cancelled due to organizer no-show, tourney cancelled due to corona.)

• Options
    edited April 2020
    So I was working on a list for a league that my friends and I are starting up. 8 of us so far. We are starting at 750 and I was able to make a 740 point list with a warlock bombardier, 30 acolytes and 3 stormfiends.

I'm kind of unsure if I want to do a big blob of 30 acolytes or split them into two groups. Right now we are only needing 2 battlelines so I'm already covered if I do 30 acolytes and 3 stormfiends.

I need to hunt down some good conversions of jezzails and ratling gunners that only have 1 model on the base so when the league expands I can start adding in some other fun stuff.

I do have loads of time though what with the quarantine and all and it probably going to be lasting for a much longer time than people realize.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    I found these death runner models for Skaven on ebay and I was curious if I can actually use it? I found a potential warscroll for it but I don't see it on the list builder on the community site.

This discussion has been closed.